Daytona Trippers

Quick checkin....I'm feeling so accomplished, I did GS Legs! First time in 2 yrs and I almost matched weights with Cathe... It was a bit hard getting the barbell over my head with 35 pounds, and the deadlifts I only used 25 pounds because I didn't want to weight to pull on my shoulders (hope that makes sense). Also walked the dogs 2.5 miles

Diana, what's a HH?
You are not allowed to do anymore laundry until after the RT! Is your back normally a sensitive area? My neck/shoulder hurt so bad last night and I truly think it was the vacuuming and not paying attention and just wrestling stuff out of the way while I vacuumed.I need to pay attention more next time (or just not vacuum, lol)!

Hey there ladies...weellllll

I just found out there is a Facebook group for people that are or have gone on Road trips, someone added me, do any of you all want to be added? I can add you if you want.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Hi ladies,

Lisa-HH is Happy Hour! Nice job with GS legs!!! Yes, I would love to be added to the FB group. I don't normally have issues with my
back. It was just one of those weird things...twisting/bending etc. Sitting at a desk doesn't help either.

bbl

2.25 dog walk, S&G cardio only but wasn't feeling it so quit after 20 min (it is 30 min long), then did GS Bi and GS Tri

Diana, did you get added? I'm pretty sure I did it right but maybe someone has to approve it? As much as I'm on FB you'd think I'd know....

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did BR day 15 and today I did day 16. My intention was to do an STS w/o yesterday evening but that never happened. I'm going to try again to get in an sts w/o later this afternoon...we'll see.

We are meeting MIL at Famous Dave's for lunch. I'm not a fan of bbq and it's so hard to find something within my nutrition goals there. I checked their menu and I will be ordering a Chicken Ceaser Salad with the dressing on the side.

Lisa-I can see the Daytona RT FB site. It's not a very active site. Mostly just Cathe/Admin reposting about the trip. Well you did almost all of S&G and then weights...that's a good day IMO!!!

Hi all! I'm back and thinking about RT again. I did a walk yesterday (about an hour+) and did some shopping for RT. I'm still wiped out but better today and hopefully will do a KCM in a bit. I haven't been on FB for a few weeks but I did post half of my walk yesterday via Endomondo. Lisa, congrats on GS Legs. Angela, a quilting weekend? Sounds fun, like a massive stitch and bitch! Diana, I bet you can't wait to get to work from home more often. My 1 hour commute was painful this week when I did 3 days in a row. I can't imagine doing it 5 days a week.
So what all should we bring???

Hello Daytona RT'ers!

Hope you don't mind me "poking in here" as it gets sooo close to the date!

My name is Jacque and though I have seen your posts, I have not been very diligent with posts for a long time so hesitated to join in. I am a fellow "Damage Control" groupie with Diana and she and I roomed together on the San Diego trip a few years ago too. I am getting very excited even though I am no where in the shape (or weight for that matter) that I would like to be, I am looking forward to just getting outta here and taking time for me ! :D

I thought I'd pop in here to see what the latest is on the upcoming RT as I don't see much out there on the forum. Kinda funny as it seems the others had quite a bit of action as it got closer. Just noticed something about a FB page for the trip - are the Cathe folks posting there instead of the forums?

When are you all getting to Daytona?

Hoping to meet you all soon !:)

A pretty lazy day today, we went out and ate last night, had 2 drinks and a dessert, oh my! My knot in my shoulder blade was driving me crazy but the liquor helped, then woke up at 1am with hangover (I'm a light weight) and my knot hurting, popped 2 Advil and a Valium. It's still pestering me today :( I did walk the dogs 1.75 miles and did 20 min of jumping on the Pilates reformer. My legs are pooped, my UB is in knots so I was due my semi rest day, I won't get my 10K steps in either!

Hi Jacque! It sounds like you need some 'me' time! As far the FB page.... it's a closed group called 'Tripping with Cathe', I just happened to stumble onto someone that added me. It looks like the page has been going for a while (I scanned back to the Chicago RT posts). And yes, some have said they've quit going to the forums (so they talk about more than RTs). I get in Thursday at 3:30pm, Jody and I have "known" each other for years from another checkin, so she is picking me up (and I think Angela too.... Angela gets in at 2:30pm I believe).

Diana, I must not have the authority to add you. They may limit it to certain people that can add? It is hard eating out sometimes (especially when one loses control like I did last night!). I still think I broke even with calories in/out, so that's good.

Jody, Are you working a lot of days up to the RT? I don't want you too tired! Did you get anything good for the RT clothes-wise? I need to run some jeans thru the washer/dryer in order to....... wait for it.....SHRINK them! I'm sure I'm still not as slim as some that I know will be at the RT, but then, I just don't have that kind of build! Gotta learn to embrace what your momma gave ya! :)

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was BR day 16 and STS disc 19-CST and the Squat Challenge. I'm surprised my triceps aren't killin' me this morning. This morning I did Tabatacise and my ab machine w/20#'s. BR day 15 and 16 were 75 minutes and kicked my butt!! DH finally took my "before" pics. Hopefully I will lose bodyfat and have more definition by the end of the challenge.

Angela-it sounds like you had a fun weekend!!! Perhaps you can try just deleting the app and readding it and see if that works. I don't like that the most current isn't on top...annoying to say the least.

Jody-what did you end up getting for the RT? I picked up a pair of capris and a top, can't beat the $16.99 price tag! The 1hr minimum commute each way is a huge adjustment....as is getting up at 5am to work out. I'm so much happier though. My previous commute was 15 minutes, huge adjustment here. I'm not looking forward to the long drive in the winter.

Lisa-I'm a lightweight too so stick to a 2 drink max. When I went out on Friday I just had 1 beer. Hope your back is feeling better today. I guess I'm not seeing the right "group". I don't see that group showing on my fb groups. I RT page is what I saw and it wasn't very active at all.

Jacque-nice seeing you here! I'm planning on booking our bus trip to Daytona and will text you when that is done!

bbl

I did KCM Muscle Def #1 and abs plus a short walk. I signed up for a cheapy dance class I'll try out tonight. My schedule varies, no telling how often I will make it to the weekly class.

As far as shopping, I had a good coupon for Bealls that was only good on Sat, I should have gotten more stuff, but I was wrecked. I need to research how many outfits we need/what to take. I know we've discussed it, but it was too early then.

Hi Jacque! Nice to meet you. I thought it was weird that there wasn't more Buzz around the RT. I feel like a "thread killer" sometimes, shrug. Where are you coming from? We are arriving at the hotel on Thurs aft. I'm not at my desired body either, despite the fact that I have my FIT PICS posted on my computer, in my kitchen and on my profile as inspiration to get going.

Angela, I deleted the Cathe app, it didn't work anymore. I might reload it. I guess they want us to use the tappatalk? I don't care, I can just use internet to view or use my computer.

Diana, I'm glad you are feeling happy in your new job. I get up at 5 for work, but just drink coffee- not work out!

Lisa, I have the 6th and the 7th off to get my stuff together. The 8th will be long day (leave at 630, home at 930), I also work the following Mon after the trip same schedule. What time do you all leave on Sun?

Wow, I'm still not feeling like working out, I guess after 3 months of intense training for the RT it is telling me to rest up! I did 45 min of spinning (it kept buffering, grrrrr so I gave up), and a 1.8 dog walk. All in all not too bad given my lack of energy.

Angela, I think they said the app wouldn't work. I use Tapatalk to view new threads but the website to post. I tried to quickly post a picture from my phone to the forums (via the web browser on the phone --a pain IMO, and it was still too large). I dunno, I'm giving up on posting pictures

Diana, I tried to add you to the group on FB again, check your notifications. Someone that is in the group (and maybe has the authority ) has to add you. If it didn't work, maybe post something in the RT forum and see if one of the more "regulars" will add you. So far not allllll that much buzz there either (they are talking about other things, some RT, but you aren't missing much, yet). My back still has a little knot/glitch in the shoulder blade, maybe by tomorrow it will be better. Amazing holding a 25 pound BB doing deadlifts made it hurt this much :( One day I hope to be back to normal in that area!

Jody, it does seem to be less buzz about RT, I'm not sure why. You are so much like my bff, I tell her things waaaay to far in advance then I have to look it up again when she's ready, here's the link to what the schedule is:http://cathe.com/2014-daytona-beach-road-trip-columbus-day-weekend. We said that old tennis shoes for the beach on Sunday workout (and an outfit, that's left off), also that for stretch on Fri night--yoga pants and bare feet. For non workout wear, I just plan on shorts during day and maybe jeans or yoga pants at night, with t shirts. That's about all the type of clothes I have!

Thanks for the link, Lisa. Perhaps I'll make some headway Wed with pack planning.
Angela, your flight is a little earlier than Lisa's. It doesn't matter to me. I will have to get in any friends and family time during the RT days. I would have liked to have a buffer on both sides of the trip, but my new job needed me on the Wed before (and the thurs too) and the Mon after. No rest for the wicked.
I took a beginner BD class. She was a good teacher but it was very basics class. I knew that, I just want to dance a little. I'll prob find a way to get back to my old instructor once some of my confidence is back.

Thank you all for the warm welcome !

I am coming from California and will be getting in Thurs. nite in Orlando about 6:30 PM. No direct flights and believe it or not, will be leaving San Jose at about 8 AM. About 1 1/2 hrs layover in San Diego and then on to Orlando. Of course that includes a 3 hour time change.

Well I needed to shop since I have "expanded" since the last RT ! :eek: Found some Avia capris and a couple tops at Wally World and will probably be hitting Target and Sports Authority sometime after work this week. Will also bring some of my "go to" Nike running shorts - I practically live in them along with my Wally World T-back cheapo tank tops! :D We are still having nice weather and supposedly will be in the 100's again next week.

I am finding it hard to choose workouts these days since I know the RT will be primarily cardio but I need weight work to try to slim down! Ugh! Have decided to just do the heavy weights 3X per week and HiiT + long steady run once per week and whatever will be will be with my fitness when I get to Daytona. :) I am in it for the fun and "fitness friend" get together.

So tonight was GS BSB and my arms are feeling it while I sit here typing . . . all good I say!

Until later . . .

I actually did the X77 premix! Of course I modified and only used 5 lb weights, but still my heart rate was sky high and I burned 655 calories! I think walked the dogs 2.5 miles. I got a nap in yesterday so was ready to hit it hard today, I laid down for a bit and before I knew it I was asleep for an hr!

Angela, Diana and I have the same flight back at 7:00pm....I just booked the latest one so as not to stress about getting to the airport in time. I'm sure her and I can hang out together to pass the time.

Jacque, it is a huge ordeal flying east! Especially with a layover! I'm not surprised there were no direct from San Jose. I guess you didn't want to fly out of San Fran :) Just do what workouts you want, there's only a week and a couple days before the RT! I plan to do easier workouts to give my old body a rest so I can keep up at the RT :)

Jody, wow, you may have a hard landing on the Monday after the RT :)

Hi Ladies,

This morning was disc 20-legs. In addition to the dumbbells, I also used my 10# weight vest for the whole workout! The tricep DOM's are full force today...I knew it was coming. If I play it right, the RT will be my active rest week between meso 2 and 3!

I think my flight gets in around 1:30. I'll be hanging out at the airport until Jacque arrives at 6:30. I should be able to see Angela and Lisa and even maybe meet Jody too!

Angela-great job with CLB, the time just seems to fly with that one.

Lisa-way to go with X77!!! That one is super tough on the shoulders regardless of the weight selection!

Jody-I too have to work the day before and after the RT. I hope to pack this weekend though and then I won't have to think about it.

Jacque-I'll be waiting for you at the airport....so don't leave without me. :)

Angela, I've been clicking on the little flag in the top r corner and it tells me about new posts in the threads I've posted it. Another option. Also, the site is easy to use w/o an app on my phone (just via internet) and I can also see previous posts while I'm posting.

Also, I am happy to give you a ride along w/ Lisa. And, since it is a Cathe RT, I think that no matter how far away the gates are, you should put your stuff in a back pack and sprint to her gate. If thegates end up being next to each other, just do suicide runs til she arrives. : )

PS Lisa, I reached out to a RTer who lives in the area and offered to let her use our space since she won't be staying on site.
OK I'm off to try to sort things out for packing.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Today is a rest day for me. I was up too late last night, but was very productive doing some long overdue filing and paying bills. This morning it was cold and grey out and it was just much more comfortable cuddling with DH than getting up!

I will be spending the day at the Orlando airport until Jacque gets in. Hopefully I will get lots of steps in though. You never know, I may just decide to do suicides from gate to gate!! LOL

bbl

Diana, I felt like you today! I did get in 2 mile dog walk and TBT LB.

Angela, I think belly dancing at my gate would be appropriate with Diana running suicides around you :)

Jody, I think you should plan to get to airport around the time my flight gets in (I sent you the email with the info, but it's 3:32 pm), I sent Angela info in a Cathe conversation (I think I did it right, new website has me fumbling around a bit--- hard to teach an old dog new tricks! LOL). Let's hope for no snow here to delay any flight!!!!! Right Diana? lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.