Daytona Trippers

Faithnveggies

Cathlete
Are you ready? : ) All Daytona Beach Road trippers welcome here for workout check in!

I did Drill Max today. First time for that one in awhile, but that batch of workouts (BM2, LIC, BG and DM) are the ones I've used the most.

Last edited:
I did IMAX 2 with mods- think t-rex arms and jumps about 1/4 inch off the ground but I did use 2 risers. I just did 40/20 myself this week. I'm rebuilding my Cathe fitness.

Angela, have fun with STS. I've done one round of that but didn't feel like I gave it my all. IKWYM about rotation ADD.

Angela, did you get anything in yesterday? I actually got in an extra w/o last eve if you want to borrow it. : ) 30 min cardio from 21 days.

Today was BG- mash up. I skipped some chapters and modified others (squats --> plies) and subbed hip thrusts for all of the floor work.

Hi Jody (fellow roomie), I finally got in a bit of a w/o so thought I'd post here. I did 1.75 mile dog walk and then BM2 UB PM (only did the first couple ab exercises). My arms were shaking at the end since I haven't done this one in ages, pretty pleased with the weights I used given my lengthy recovery, in looking at the weight sheet I have, I'm down to using what I started with when I started Cathe 8 yrs ago. Ah, there's only up from here :)

Hi Angela, where are you from? I'm in CO. I want to start STS again, maybe after life settles down in about a month. I feel I'm starting all over, but then it's the journey, not the destination, right?

Angela, Lisa will be happy to tell you my age- I am 3yrs older than you. Get a pic up if you can, it will be fun to get to see each other. My pic is at least 5 years old. Getting those 1RM out of the way will feel good.

Lisa, nice to see you here, too. I like the upper body of BM1 more than BM2. Is there a lot of band work in it? See I can't even remember.

I need to lose wt more than build -so diet will make the biggest changes in my body. STS not in my near future. I did LIC upper body and cardio circuit followed by 21 Day Fix UB Fix. So basically cardio- check and upper body- check. I'm pretty sure that is the longest I've worked out in ages.

Hi Everyone,

I had a very busy weekend, but no workout to speak off...well unless moving furniture counts. We had 2 graduation parties this weekend.

I'm 48 yrs and live in CO. I've been doing Cathe w/o's for over 20 yrs! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I got a great night's sleep and feel great, so I got in 2.65 mile dog walk, vacuum-max, LLA PM that had the bonus barre but no abs.

Hi Diana, I see you made it here! For the forum, we found out we live within walking distance of each other! I've been busy too with my oldest graduating college and getting him moved out to KS. We will meet up some time after June when hopefully life settles down for most of us!

Hi Angela, I'm 49 (but so close to 50 I'm already thinking of myself as 50). My real life name is Lisa.

Jody, I don't think you;ve ever disclosed your age to me, I just know you are older than me and I take delight in it :) I used to always be the youngest of my group of co-workers/friends, but the last decade I've formed another group of co-workers/friends in which I'm the oldest and I'm not used to THAT feeling ! :)

I did Cross Fire lower impact premix this eve- I feel pretty respectable right about now.

Angela, Good luck w/ those push ups! I'm working on getting back to doing them on my toes.

Hi Diana, nice to see you here. That is cool that you and Lisa will get to meet.

Lisa, LLA is Leaner Legs and Abs?

I was at store today and pre angst-ing about trip outfits. There is good selection of stuff now but I don't want to get anything for this wt. But Sept is likely to be picked over or new and wintery. Hmm, I can always go to Lululemon in my local mall and buy 112 dollar yoga pants. : P

Lisa, I don't want to buy clothes for my current wt but maybe I will check out the store this week when I am near there. I already had to buy bigger scrubs for work b/c I'd gained 10 pds since the first of this year. I felt like a sausage. : ( But that is behind me now! ---Online Old Navy- cute! OK I'll go for sure.

Angela, TJ Maxx is good idea, there are a few around here. Maybe I'll just keep an open mind and my eyes peeled. Re Lululemon- I have a 25 gift certificate for that store (for over a year!) I'll definitely use it before RT though- even if I only buy a pair of socks.

So far today I've done a 21 Day Fix- Lower body fix. It was good but/and I feel like I might have another work out in me today. I'll let ya know!

Last edited:
Didn't feel as peppy this morning (had slight headache, thankfully it's gone now), only did 1.25 mile dog walk and MMA KB minus 1/2 the abs (the ones that require head lifting I didn't do). I had some DOMS from LLA yest, so did a good stretch and legs feel better.

Jody, yes, LLA is lean legs and abs. The thing with w/o clothes, they stretch! I'd wear the same size now as if I lost the 10 lbs I'd like to lose. My old navy had slim pickins compared to a month ago, went online to by some of their sports bras and saw everything was on sale so had to buy more than I planned! If you get any Old Navy we better make sure we don't wear same thing! lol I'm tempted to buy more but trying to resist.

Angela, I've been skipping any pushups, I'll be the one modifying at the RT. I have to be careful not to push thru the neck (believe it or not you can do it very easily with p/u, planks, UB work) as I had surgery a yr ago and the muscles are still recovering from the trauma. What I'd give to be younger and easier to bounce back :)

I did a 2.6 mile dog walk and then came back and did a 60 min intermed pilates reformer routine.

Angela, even more congrats on the pushups then! Maybe one day I'll be back on my toes for a few, you give me hope!

Nothing for me to report which is sad but I wanted to work out _at least that is good. I was doing stuff. Tomorrow not likely.

I did 1.9 mile dog walk and KCM YBB w/o #1 and KCM Cardio Quick Fix w/o #1.

Jody, I'm trying to get what I can in before I get busy with DS and getting him moved to KS....still waiting to hear from moving company when they will have his stuff there.

Angela, I found pilates reformer workouts while I was recovering from my neck surgery. There are a couple websites I subscribe to. Being the home exerciser I am, I prefer to w/o in the comfort of my home, so I first bought a budget reformer, loved it so much I bought a more expensive, nicer one. I always thought it was like yoga (hate yoga, can't stay still that long), but it is sooooo different. They have mat workouts too (and I think one of the sites the mat workouts are free). If you ever want to check into it more I have lots of info! Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep. Not to rub it in, but I get easily 8 hrs a night! And sometimes a 2 hr nap a couple times a week in addition. Hormone replacement therapy made all the difference to me....I wasn't officially in meno but they did find I have no estrogen anywhere in this poor old body :)

A quick fly by checkin: I did 1.85 mile dog walk (it was muggy, no breeze, ugh), and then tried out 30/30, I was able to make everything LI and got up a good sweat, it's been at least 1.5 yrs since I've done that w/o. Then did KCM Cardio QF Bonus Abs/Glutes.

Hi ladies,
Hope you don't mind that I dropped in; I saw *Daytona Trippers* and I am one of them! Then I realized this is a check-in... you are an impressive group of ladies and I'm looking forward to meeting you!
By the way, the weekend after Daytona I'll be 44 so I am right there with some of you in the Fit Over 40 group; I hope to keep getting stronger and stronger... would love to be as strong as Cathe when I grow up :D
I heard about a 90+ year old marathoner who did it in about 7 hours - THAT'S amazing! Gives me encouragement.
Stay awesome:cool:

Hi Jennifer! I hope you and any other road trippers join the check in or drop in whenever they can. I bet the 90 yr old marathoner was young in spirit. I was watching American Ninja Warrior- they've got a lot more women competitors and featured more 50 year olds so far this year.

Busy weekend. I did dog walks both days, only 1.25 miles each day. Saturday I did a 60 min Pilates Reformer w/o (I like doing this on what would be a rest or low energy day) and today I did S&G. I splurged and got a fitbit, hoping that motivates me to move more and more (or maybe it will tell me I'm moving enough already :) )

Welcome, Jennifer! HOpe you checkin when you can, it will be nice to "know" each other before the RT.

Has anyone been to one before? I'm wondering how much to expect. I don't do well with jumping jacks, burpees, mtn climbers, wondering what she does since I'm guessing there will be limited equipment? I know I use my discs a lot to modify to LI. Wondering if I should bring them...

I did Low Max this morning, skipped the w/u since it is pretty long and the first part is so manageable. I might do a 21Day Fix pilates w/o later.
I've never done a single spin class, so nothing for you there.
RE discs, all I can think of is how could I get all of the pet hair off? Or maybe that could be an identifying mark. Oh those are Jody's discs, see all the cat fur? : D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.