Commit to get Fit & Lean for July & December 2015

Hi,

I didn't get a workout in today:( I worked in NY & we had a shiva (Jewish wake) for our next door neighbors Mom tonight. We learned a lot of interesting traditions that are so different than a funeral/wake.

Belinda - Can you get an extra workout in for me;)

Kristin - Good start to your year, I hope you can catch up on sleep tonight.

Goodnight:)

Hey girls,

I did Barre 3 Ballet Fit = 40 min and walked my dogs this morning.

I went too see my doc yesterday. I had blood work done for my thyroid. My doc a few month ago, put me on thyroid meds after I told him all the symptoms I was experiencing for a long time. Not to mention I was on thyroid meds in Germany a few years ago.My kids and sister have Hashimoto’s disease :( Since I am on the meds my doc been monitoring my blood test closely. My last 2 blood test showed normal numbers. My blood test from 3 weeks ago wasn't normal. I have Hashimoto’s disease, also called chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis or autoimmune thyroiditis, is an autoimmune disease. An autoimmune disease is a disorder in which the body’s immune system attacks the body’s own cells and organs. I am glad I mention it to my doc a few month ago and he listen.

Debbie - sure I can :) Hope you get a workout in today.

Kirstin - I thought you already preordered a long time ago :( Will you still get them? Hope you catch up on sleep :(

Hi Cookie, hope you doing well.

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

Deb, Happy belated Birthday! Sorry I missed it. Hope you enjoyed the day on the beach. Are you going to meet with a nutritionist or dietician? Good thing you had that checked!
Belinda, glad you mentioned the condition to your doctor. Were you taking any thyroid medication here, or was it just in Germany?
Kristin, glad you had a first day that was so successful. You must be a role model!
Back from my dad's services. It was good to see family members though. Back to work tomorrow, and I hope it goes well. Have a presentation and feel behind in getting everything ready. Did get a walk in though this evening, and plan on getting back to regularly scheduled workouts tomorrow.
Cookie

Cookie - my thoughts & prayers are with you and your family. Isn't it sad, to see your family onl at a funeral? I only see my husband family at funerals :( Last year DH and I said we gonna change that :) Hope you get your presentation done on time :) Please take it easy (((HUGS)))

Hi,

Today I did High Reps lower body premix. It was my last day covering NYC store so I am so happy:) We went to my son's softball game & they won and it was exciting.

Belinda - I never heard of that disease before, do you have to take meds or have any restrictions? Take care of yourself.

Kristin - I hope Meet the Parents was successful.

Cookie - A walk was probably good to clear your mind. Sorry you had to go through that but happy you were able to share with family. Did you see my post about trying to get a refund?

Good morning,

I will do Barre3 and Jenny Ford TB weights today. I am doing Jenny Ford 30 Day Challenge. All the workouts are free on YT :)

Debbie - thank you! Hashimoto’s thyroid disease is very common. I knew for years I had a thyroid problem, but my blood test always showed normal…except my white blood counts has been low for years. I was told not to worry :( I am on thyroid meds for the last 4 month or so :) I have to take it every day. My old doc put me on, once I told him I took thyroid meds years ago in Germany. My Germany doc told me 10 years ago, Alesia and I have problems with thyroid. We both took thyroid meds. Once we moved to the US, I was told I there were nothing wrong with my thyroid:( Idiots! My sister in Germany has Hashimoto’s thyroid disease, hers is really bad :) Good job yesterday.

I will be back later.

Hi,

Today I took a hot yoga class . . . and it was hot:eek: Tomorrow & Sunday we are going upstate NY Catskill area with DH's family for his Aunt's 80th birthday. It is down the road from where my family went for 50+ years. It's just a fluke that she picked this area for her party & it's like a family reunion too. We are eating & hanging with everyone but DH & I are going to sleep at the place where my family went because we have so many memories there. It should be fun but DH is stressing LOL, we will be taking his parents & taking care of them.

Belinda - It's funny how in someways Europe is ahead of US when it concerns medicine. It seems like they have more treatments & they also ban so many more chemicals than the US doeso_O I never heard of Jennifer Ford, you do your research!! Let us know what you think. Where we are going upstate has a large German community.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend everyone:)

Good afternoon,

I will do Barre 3 Studio Burn and Jenny Ford Marching with Moves shortly. My son and his fiancé is here, we went to a car show and wine tasting earlier :D

Debbie - I really like Jenny Ford workouts and they are FREE on Youtube :) I wished the US would pan more chemicals like Europa. Good job on your yoga class yesterday.

I will be back later.

Hi,

We are back from upstate & the party. I did High Reps upper body premix. We had a lot of fun & it was nice getting together with the family. We did some hikes to a few of our favorite waterfalls. I couldn't believe it but there was barely any water . . . the streams were just big puddles & the waterfalls were a trickle. I have never seen it like this it was scary:(

Belinda - We missed the car show in our town this year but saw a few older cars when we were driving. The wine tasting sounds like fun too!

Waves hi to everyone:)

Can barely keep my eyes open

'Morning!
Belinda, glad you're getting the meds you need. You're wise to keep on top of your health! Nothing can replace it. Wine tasting sounds like a lot of fun, esp w/your family.
Deb, saw your post re airline refund. Thanks so much. We flew Southwest and will try. My bil made our reservations and didn't think to look for discount for my 85 year old uncle, so that's something I definitely want to look into getting back for him. It is stressful taking care of older parents and relatives. I'm sure everyone was happy to see you at the aunt's 80th. How great to stay at a place with such fond memories! It is very dry. Went for a walk on one of the many dirt roads around here, and when a truck went by, we could hardly breath. Had to put our shirts over our noses and mouths to make it easier.
Have been doing JS's new series and SBF. Today have Cathe's PUB to do w/dh, as well as have a couple of work projects to finish up, get a long walk in and a bbq. Met friends last night for drinks at a brewery along a river stream. There was no movement in the water - very still, seem so surreal.
Have a great day.
Cookie

Sorry I've been MIA guys. Today is the first day I worked out since Wednesday. Thursday was my Meet the Teacher Night. The school was so disgustingly hot and humid all day and all night. One parent was asking me why I didn't have air conditioning, but Home Ec and Chorus had it. He was actually yelling at me. I couldn't help but be a bit of a wise ass back to him. I said, "Well, you know they asked me if I wanted a/c, but I said, nah, I don't need it." He just looked at me. I said, "Sir, this classroom is my second home. I spend 8 hours a day in here. Of course I want a/c. It is not up to me, believe me." He said I should complain. I told him I have in the past and it's gotten me nowhere. I think he was going to say something. Anyway, Friday I planned on working out when I got home. However, from the heat, I got sooooo sick at school. I was seeing spots and had such a headache. I came home, showered and went to bed when the boys went to bed. Saturday DS had a baseball tournament. We went to his two games and then did our back to school shopping and had dinner out. Again, too tired to workout. Yesterday I cleaned my house top to bottom, thorough clean. I wiped down my kitchen cabinets, scrubbed floors, toilets and bathtub, vacuumed and threw out things that were cluttering bedrooms. Again, too tired to workout when I was done. The good news is I got good sleep the last few nights. Today I walked Baxter in the morning and did AT. I have decided to start my rotation next week. This week will all be cardio and metabolic workouts.

Cookie- I am so sorry to hear about your dad passing. I must've missed that earlier in the thread.

Deb- What a fun way to celebrate your aunt's birthday with a family reunion-like place. It is scary to hear about the waterfalls. I hear California might get relief finally with an El Nino weather track for fall and winter. Hopefully it will end their drought.

Belinda- I never preordered, but I will. It is still a good price for what you get. I am never disappointed in Cathe workouts. My friend was just diagnosed with Hishmito's thyroid disease. She is doing lots of research on it now. I never heard of it before two weeks ago. You know, here in US, a lot of people are against universal healthcare, and my uncle is one who says that if we have it, our healthcare system will be bad "like in Europe." Yet, everyone I talk to from Europe likes the healthcare system there better.

BB tomorrow.
Kristin

Hi girls! Happy Labor Day!:)

I had a fantastic weekend with my family! Didn't get my workout in until now :) I did Jenny Ford's Cardio Interval and core.

I will catch up on personals tomorrow. Need to jump in the shower :)

Good night, ladies.

Hi,

I sleep late so didn't get my workout in but it was nice to catch up on my sleep. We went to my in-laws pool & bbq today it was hot!! At least the weather will be warm so I can't get depressed that the Farmer's Almanac is calling for a repeat of last winter:rolleyes:

Belinda - Really nice that you had a nice weekend with your family:)

Kristin - Great comback to the parent about the a/c;) I think our HS is starting to add more a/c so maybe some hope for you down the road. Cleaning can easily count as a workout.

Cookie - It sounds like you had a great weekend. One of our favorite pizza places upstate just turned 1/2 of the place into a brewery. We weren't able to go but when we told my DS about it he is dying to go. He loves all the new micro-brewery beers, he had a Halloween (pumpkin) one over the weekend.

Good morning,

I will do Jenny Ford Upper/Lower workout today.

Cookie - glad you had a great weekend. The wine tasting was a waist of my money :) It was 6 different wine tasting, they hardly put any wine into the glass :( For the money they charge, they should at least put enough into the glass that you can fast it :D My son and his fiancé never been to a wine tasting.

Kirstin - I agree, great comeback about the a/c :) A lot of people have Hishmito's thyroid disease and don't even know it. Glad your friend is doing lot's of research on it. I am doing a lot of research myself. The healthcare system in Germany is very good. When I lived in Germany everything was covered and I picked/switched doctors.

Debbie - sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. Good for you.

I will be back later.

Hey everyone. Once again, I was seeing spots in the middle of the day because it was so disgustingly hot and humid. Luckily, I made it through. Today I did Hard Strikes plus abs one, no conditioning drills. I also took Baxter for a walk. Tomorrow I have Meet the Teacher Night for my son, so I will be doing a short workout. I have X10 Fat Burning Circuit on tap.

Belinda- I hate my insurance because I have to use their doctors in their network and half the time the doctors end up not taking the insurance anymore and then I have to find a new doctor. :(.

Deb- I know I am dreading this winter too. I keep telling myself that as I feel the sweat drip from places I didn't even know you could sweat from, blech!

BB tomorrow.

Kristin

Belinda, pretty disappointing about the wine tasting. Perhaps they should leave said it was a wine sip. I agree about health care. I have never heard anyone from Europe complain about theirs. I even know Americans who became injured/sick over there and came back saying how much better it is than here. I just don't get it.
Kristin, I was thinking it must have been brutal for you today. Hard to believe it was over 90 today. After last winter, I vowed not to complain about heat. Humidity is another matter.
Deb, I'm trying to ignore the talk about the Farmer's Almanac. We like checking out the different microbreweries around. Now, we've noticed a lot of distilleries are opening, so my dh may expand his taste in beverages yet. It really is interesting to taste them, plus I like to notice the wide variety of artwork on the bottles. Are you going to Cathe's October rt?
Did JS rotation this morning and squeezed in a 3 mile walk this evening. I'm still dripping from it!
Cookie

Hi,

Today I did 20 min. sprints. I can't believe how fast this month is going or is it just me?

Belinda - The wedding we went to a couple of weeks ago the groom proposed to the bride at a winery. As a favor they gave a bottle of wine to the guests from the winery. It was in Napa Valley, CA wondering if the wineries are better there?

Kristin - It must have been hot!! I heard on the news they closed a school in CT because of the heat. I don't think they would do that in NY:(

Cookie - I have yet to go to a winery or microbrewery but I want to;) The artwork on the wedding couple's bottle was really nice. I am going to the Cathe FL rt and off to my in-laws condo to finish vacation, actually just told my boss today.

Good morning,

I will do Jenny Ford Marching with Moves and core today.
Brawlers stitches are out :)

Cookie - it was pretty disappointing about the wine tasting :( LOL, calling it a sip tasting :D That's exactly what it was :rolleyes: Glad you enjoy JS walking rotation.

Debbie - that is cool everyone got a bottle wine :) I been to two winery here in VW, I wasn't to impressed :)

Kirstin - Alesia hates her insurance too. She has the same problem do have. We have good insurance. Can't believe you worked out after feeling like this all day long? Please, be careful:)

I will be back after my workout. Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.