Cathe, Al, and Kristin doing a plié squat in STS 2.0 All Lower Body #2

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
LowerBody2_6550.jpg

While all forms of squats work the lower body very well, each type of squat hits it from different angles shifting the focus to different areas of the lower body.

In a plié squat, there is a little more focus on the inner thigh and quads because the weight is being held in front of the body. This position shifts the emphasis over the quads and inner thighs more specifically. This exercise also requires a bit more balance thereby activating the core stabilizers as well.

Pre-Order Cathe's New STS 2.0: Muscle & Recovery Workout Program Now At: https://bit.ly/2WDfkdh and Get Free Worldwide Shipping!

If I was to hold the barbell on my back as when doing a back squat ... would it not be as effective? If I used two dumbbells hanging at my sides, would it be as effective, or would different muscles be worked harder than others? Looking to be educated ....

I know that front squats are quad dominant and back squats are more glute/hip dominant due to your center of gravity. You have to force yourself to stay upright when in front and I would think front position would force those inner thighs to be the highlight.

Maybe 2 dumbbells held in the front similar to Perfect 30 Pump LB? I'm not comfortable holding a barbell in front ... can't seem to find a comfortable place to rest it ...

Maybe 2 dumbbells held in the front similar to Perfect 30 Pump LB? I'm not comfortable holding a barbell in front ... can't seem to find a comfortable place to rest it ...

I definitely can see feeling more in control with dumbbells as in perfect 30 because the weight is in the center of your body (rather than flanking outside)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.