Cathe, Al, and Kristin doing a forward leaning elevated lunge in the STS 2.0 Single Body Part Legs workout

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
BodyPartsLegs_8517.jpg

Pictured here are Cathe, Al, and Kristin doing a forward leaning elevated lunge in the STS 2.0 Single Body Part Legs workout.

Hinging at the hip as you lean forward on an elevated lunge shifts the emphasis more towards the glutes whereas the upright elevated lunge shifts the emphasis more towards the quads. We will be doing both versions in this workout.

Pre-Order Cathe's New STS 2.0: Muscle & Recovery Workout Program Now At: https://bit.ly/2WDfkdh and Get Free Worldwide Shipping!

These are pretty good too....I can't elevate that high tho'...1 or 2 risers work for me ok.
I've wondered about the significance of the bench height for lower body workouts (leg presses, elevated lunges, etc.) I have a bench set up off to the side of our workout area for weight work and leave it at 12 inches, not matter what height Cathe has in her workout (unless she's only using the platform) .... does the height really make much difference in the effectiveness or difficulty of the exercise? Been curious about this ...

It depends on your strength, balance, and flexibility. I usually only go 2-3 risers high. I have a workout bench that is about the height equivalent of 4-5 risers, and I can't step up on that. I don't have the strength and stability in my hips and glutes to propel me up with my leg at that angle. I end up wobbling and twisting my hips. To step down from that height, I lose control about halfway down and feel like I'm going to fall, then I end up slamming my foot into the ground. On elevated lunges I don't have the flexibility through my hip flexor so only go 2 risers high and even that is hard. Others may find 2-3 risers very easy, especially if they are taller, and don't get challenged unless they go up in height.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.