Will the bands work well for taller people? I find that I can't do things like overhead tricep presses with resistance tubing because of my height - the one I have don't stretch enough.
I'm 6 feet tall & haven't found tubing or bands that will allow me to do any of the overhead exercises. So bummed I have to take a pass on these workouts...that look like so much fun!

I was desperate to order the DVD + Downloads + Bands this time but as I'm in the UK, the taxes/duties payable made it a bit steep, so thanks for making the workout downloads available without the bands! I have the old stretchy vinyl bands and loops so will see what I can do with those, hope it will work. Those new bands look such great quality though...

Cathe, if possible, will you please let us taller "Cathletes" know an alternative movement (pulses vs full movement, etc.) and appropriate weight to use for the overhead exercises to get a similar effect? I'm 5'11 and as has been mentioned, the past bands aren't long enough to do any of those type of exercises. It doesn't appear these will be either. I still did the preorder since I should be able to do most of the workout but some guidance would be helpful.

Hi Teals, I'm sure Cathe will give some online pointers, but you really shouldn't have too many issues at 5 ft 11 in. as far as using the bands go. There might be a few exercises that you have to slightly modify with the fabric bands, but nothing major. FYI, Jenn D., that you see in the back right of the video is 5 ft 8 in.

I really hope that info regarding premixes is released prior to shipping. I’d hate to cancel precipitously but no premixes, especially timesavers IS a deal breaker for me and normally that info would have been released by now.

I really hope that info regarding premixes is released prior to shipping. I’d hate to cancel precipitously but no premixes, especially timesavers IS a deal breaker for me and normally that info would have been released by now.
While premixes are certainly convenient & I use them frequently, I also make up my own workouts using the chapters feature. Cathe's company is the best in the business & I'm sure there'll be premixes (and chapter points to create your own) - no need to be anxious - enjoy the holiday ;-)

Not anxious, just missing the transparency of the past I guess.

It’s great that you’re comfortable using the chaptering to create workouts. Not everyone wants to do that. I often use the premixes exclusively. They are what makes my purchase worth the money. I’m probably pretty much alone in this.

I guess I’m thinking of the STS shock cardio DVDs. Hopefully we get some info on this next week.

I am wondering about dvd premixes as well. Wonder why they haven't shared
Them as in the past.....I use the blender all the time, but sometimes it's easier to
Pull out a dvd and do a Premix...and yes, I am really only interested in whatever
Timesaver premixes there may be.

Last edited:
Not anxious, just missing the transparency of the past I guess.

It’s great that you’re comfortable using the chaptering to create workouts. Not everyone wants to do that. I often use the premixes exclusively. They are what makes my purchase worth the money. I’m probably pretty much alone in this.

I guess I’m thinking of the STS shock cardio DVDs. Hopefully we get some info on this next week.
Lannette, I don't think you're alone. I guess I just trust there will be premixes, but I forgot about the Shock Cardio series not having them ... they came out so many years ago I don't do them as often as the newer workouts. So I'm glad you're asking the questions .... hopefully we'll find out before the pre-sale ends ;-)

Lannette, I don't think you're alone. I guess I just trust there will be premixes, but I forgot about the Shock Cardio series not having them ... they came out so many years ago I don't do them as often as the newer workouts. So I'm glad you're asking the questions .... hopefully we'll find out before the pre-sale ends ;-)
That's what I was thinking, when was the last time Cathe made 50 minute plus workouts without premixes? I hope there are, I'm all about the variety of shorter workouts with the loops & bands.

Perfect 30 has some great useable premixes so I don't think our trust in premixes is unfounded.

I'm looking forward to being able to mix these up with Cathe's other premixes :D

Will these DVDs have timesaver premixes? Will they be posted prior to shipping?
Hi Lannette, yes, the new workouts will have timesaver premixes. Boss Bands has 5 timesaver premixes and Boss Loops has 4 timesaver premixes. We normally post premixes toward the end of the process and after we finish our work on the User's Guide and databases for the streaming workouts, downloads, and Workout Blender.

Hi Lannette, yes, the new workouts will have timesaver premixes. Boss Bands has 5 timesaver premixes and Boss Loops has 4 timesaver premixes. We normally post premixes toward the end of the process and after we finish our work on the User's Guide and databases for the streaming workouts, downloads, and Workout Blender.
Thank you so much for this information! I appreciate you sharing this info.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.