XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

hi everyone! happy saturday!

today was my rest day, which was a good thing, as i had to bring my oldest down to the u of m for his big audition. we were out the door before 7:00. went great, though, so my fingers are crossed that he gets to do PSEO at the u of m school of music next year:)

renee-- you crack me up:). i haven't tried turning on the tv before, but maybe that's an idea;). i bet his snoring does bring on your headaches! now that you mention it, i had a bad headache all yesterday morning, too. last night i caved and took 2 melatonin before bed. i figured it would konk me out enough that i wouldn't hear him once he started, and i knew it was an early morning today. anyway, it worked, so i am grateful. my kids are 16, 14 and 11. it is truly amazing how quickly it's going! my son is already a sophomore and my daughter in high school next year-- still can't believe it. i'll have 20 year olds before you know it! i bet your arms still look good! some days i think i am more judgmental of myself than others, but you are doing great!

swimming3-- i just finished week 3 yesterday:) the extreme workout is one of the premixes-- you do the floor, step and discs and then go back and repeat the floor. i did it a week ago and enjoyed the calorie burn from that one;)

jaypea-- with such little ones, it's no surprise i guess that you never get any sleep! I remember those days well. i wish i could do earplugs-- they drive me crazy, and i end up waking up as i am trying to dig them out of my ears! glad they work for you, though! i get the same way with food, too. i always am faithful with my workouts, but then i end up craving dark chocolate or vegan ice cream and there i go:p

eva-- that is a good idea for the extreme premix! i may have to try that next time. glad you got a great sweat in! good luck with your studies. what are you studying? (my college days seem so long ago!)

enjoy your evening everyone. i have legs tomorrow and am thinking of adding some tabatacise, just to get some cardio in. we'll see if i have the energy-- hoping so!

Hi!
Just finishing my third week today with Low Impact Hit. So glad that I'm following this program, because that's a first for me! I haven't been on in a while. What is the Extreme workout?

Thanks!
:)

Im glad u r enjoying it! ,u know i think it is the first for all of us. But i feel like im,seeing or at least feeling better. How about you are you feeling any differences?

Oh got to check in with wo..today was chest back and shoulders disk 1 i like this one to because no repeats! I think all of xtrain weight wo is so much better then any other weight wo of cathes because no repeats,no barbell,no pulses or not many anyway. Its like straight fotward! My kind of wo!
Tomorrow is cardio leg blast oh yaaa that is my fav leg wo! Have a wonderful sabbath today and a restful weekend.

Happy Weekend everyone! I'm sorry to hear about all the crummy sleepless nights that are going on! Just finished Chest, Back, and Shoulders. I'm absolutely exhausted! Tomorrow is Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's. Hope you all are doing ok despite the difficulties. Way to push through!

Getting back on track myself! Picking up with week3 day3 Chest Back and shoulders.
Seems to be the theme - :p

Greetings,
Today is my rest day and I will probably just not do any type of workout today, as I am studying for a certification exam next week and today is my last full day to study (not in school full time, katied, that is so behind me too!!).

I am quite sore today in my biceps and triceps from bis and tris on Friday. I am pretty sure it was doing the 100 rep challenges. Those really do bring on the DOMS for me more than the actual workouts. I see they are on the schedule for next Tuesday, so I'm hoping they are feeling better by then. If so, I'll add on the challenges again as they seem to be effective.

Jann, I'm glad you're getting back on track.

Swimming3, if you are feeling that the cardio is a little lacking in this series, which I've seen some folks complain about, the Extreme premixes might be of interest to you.

Have a good day all.
Eva

good morning everyone! so, after eating like crap last night-- i had a client late and then ended up ordering vegan pizza (it did have brocolli on it;)) for the kids and me-- had too much of it (it was too good)-- and then trader joe's vegan ice cream w/dark chocolate sauce for dessert!-- i decided to go all out today and get my butt in gear. added tabatas 1-3 plus core to my legs and rear delts, and then did the 100 rep challenge for scarecrows. this may have been my best calorie burn yet, at 935:D. it felt pretty dang tough, too. anyway, hoping i made up for last night!

eva-- good luck on your exam! i love the 100 rep challenges, too!

good to have you back, jann!

amcad-- i have been sore, too! way to push through!

renee-- i am with you-- i love the burn sets, especially, but the weight dvds in xtrain are fantastic!

hope everyone has a good day!!

Katied dang you did burn some maaaaajaa cal! Lol way to tell the pizza whos boss!
I did cardio leg blst today tomorrow is rest day then,tuesday starts my ....countem 5th week! Yeah! So happy i made it here so far, with no injuries or boredom. Can not believe im doing it! I will do yoga tonight to stretch.

I love seeing everyone still going strong with this rotation. You guys keep me motivated!
Tomorrow is legs and I will again use my 1.5 ankle weights for the floor wo. Ball single roll out for me is the hardest I still do double legs, that one is a killer,LOL!

I'm going to changed it up a little bit my workout schedule & add running since I have a HM coming up at the end of march. So it will be like this:
Monday- Legs premix 1, running 3 miles pm
Tues- burn sets BI & TRI + 100 challenge
Wed- run 6miles
Thurs- HS premix 12
Fri- CBS
Sat- 10 miles run
Sun - rest
I usually stick on my week schedule unless something happen & cannot do it.

Wow u can run 10 miles? I love jpgging! But my longest is 4 miles but i rarly do that i just do 2 and a half to 3 miles! .wtg!

Renee-- Congratulations on your fifth week! Yay! I find that I'm sticking with this workout much better than any other one too!

Today was legs. That's always the hardest workout for me 'cause my mind tends to wander. I would much rather be lifting heavy than doing the conditioning workouts, but I s'pose it's all part of getting lean. Anyway, tomorrow is Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's. In other news, I got a new anti-burst fitness ball and new hex 20# weights. Yay! Back to the grind tomorrow, have a great week everyone!

Renee-week 5! Great!

Thanks everyone for the advice on the Extreme workout. I do want to add a little more cardio to the workouts. Like the ankle weight idea too Bruneknek!

We have a family vaca to Cozumel this March-spring break. The weight, the same, but I am starting to see the muscle development in my arms too!

Legs tomorrow. That's not my favorite workout on XTrain, but I think by adding the ankle weights, I'll start to feel the DOMS!

Eileen :)

Eileen I know what you mean about the legs it's not my favourite either but last time I did it with AW it was a sweatfest!

Rest day today! I agree legs isnt my fav. But i have to say i keep chiping away at ot. My fav part is standing chair n floor.. Ball i can hardly do and barre i dont like. However i guess that means i need to do it more!?

Just finished burn sets: bi's and tri's. went up in weight! Whoop! Tomorrow is low impact HIIT and then rest day. Yay!

Hmm, it seems that everyone finds the Leg workout tedious here. I think Cathe has tried to make it as engaging as possible by having three types of legwork, but I'm not sure that's working.

I was scheduled for Legs today too, but I could not face doing XTrain legs again so soon, so I did Butts and Guts instead. I have not used my barbell for a while, so that was mildly enjoyable, in theory.

Today I started week 4.

Take care,
Eva

burn sets bis and tris here too. i added the cardio blasts from cardio leg blast to get some cardio in, plus core 2 and the 100 rep challenges for bis and tris. betting on some DOMS tomorrow! the cardio blasts premix was fun, though my legs were feeling fried after my overload of legs yesterday:eek:. made it through, though!

renee-- yep, gotta show the pizza who is boss!;):p have been eating clean yesterday and today, though. i hate the barre section of legs, too, but know that i need it! hope you had a good rest day! congrats on week 5!!

eva-- i am in week four, too-- i noticed legs is not on tap again for another week. thank goodness!

amcad-- yay! congrats on going up in weights!

have to fly-- have a good night everyone!

hope everybody is doing okay! where are you guys?:D

feeling light headed today-- no idea what that is about; wondering if it's the melatonin i have been taking to block out rik's snoring? anyway, today was all out Hiit for me plus core. i added burn sets shoulders and the 100 rep scarecrow challenge. no DOMS today, so far as i can tell. maybe i need to up my weights-- though they felt plenty tough yesterday!

take care, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.