Workout DVD regrets

Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped Boot Camp. I really like Jari Love in her first series and I think she tried to be someone else in her Get Extremely Ripped. Boot Camp is poorly edited and it has the same move for five minutes in the cardio section. Doing lateral jumps for five minutes can feel like an eternity.

I hated Bootcamp too, and I didn't like Body Rock. :(

Ok, I must be the ONLY Jillian Michaels fan. How has that woman managed to create a huge fitness empire with only 1 fan? Things that make you go hmmmm.......:confused: :D

It is beyond me. All I know is that her manner of expression and the way she speaks reminds me of some of the lower elements of people my husband used to arrest. the underbelly of society. I am sorry and you can hate me, but the way she talks and laughs is the same and I can't stand it... I don't hate her...but I know too much about it and it bothers me too much.

mini-natty said:
Ok, I must be the ONLY Jillian Michaels fan. How has that woman managed to create a huge fitness empire with only 1 fan? Things that make you go hmmmm.......:confused: :D

Jillian got me back to working out and fit enough to progress to Cathe! I don't have any of her current workouts, but really liked Boost Your Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones and 30 day shred, although they're all way to easy now thanks to Cathe (how great is that?).

Turbo Fire...I really don't care for the annoying background music and the moves are way to fast that I don't think I do them properly

Jacki warner..she's boring!

I did like Jillian Michaels workout style

I love the original Billy Blanks..it help me get back into my pre-pregnancy weight after the birth of my twins

I love the oroginal tammi lee web workouts

It's so funny when old threads are revived. I knew this one looked familiar :D.

It is beyond me. All I know is that her manner of expression and the way she speaks reminds me of some of the lower elements of people my husband used to arrest. the underbelly of society. I am sorry and you can hate me, but the way she talks and laughs is the same and I can't stand it... I don't hate her...but I know too much about it and it bothers me too much.

Tracy,

I just saw this. I know it's a few months late, but I just wanted to say I definitely don't hate you. I think you are pretty awesome actually :cool:. I always go out of my way to read your posts :).

BTW, I would never judge anyone for their personal views. That's what makes the world go round :).

Natasha

Regret purchasing DVDs

Hi Everyone,

Before I list my regret, I would like to stress I have not tried any of Jilian, neither did I try any Beachbody product. I am inclined to try the new Jilian abs coming out and Body Beast

[*]Kettleworx Was an absolute waste of money! Quality of dvd was poor!

[*]Billy Blank Taebo Dread factor!

This is just to name few of them. I live in UK and we have various DVD produced by celebrity which we can not, in my opinion, even compare to what you have in US. Those celebrities do not know anything about nutrition and fitness!
Example Davina mc call, Nathalie Cassidy etc

I have tried the 10 minutes workout from Kelly Roberts, I did enjoy it but i do not reach for it...

Honestly I found everything I need in Cathe's collection. It is getting harder and harder for me to even try out any other trainer out there.

;-)

Last edited:
My only real major regret was buying Jillian's Body Revolution - what was I thinking???????? It's those darn infomercials they're so convincing!!!!

I like Jillian's workouts for the most part, Shred It with Weights and No More Trouble Zones and her others but I should of known better with this one because she is big on compound movements and I hate them. I did the first week and quit, I just didn't click with it, maybe when I finished with my MET Rx 180 rotation I'll go back and try it again (maybe!).

...Cheryl

My regrets was Jeri love and it may be I'm picking the wrong dvd. But each dvd seems the same. Endless light to med weights jin the hand and step down and up on steper or no stepper over and over and all the dvds are like that ..just boring to me.
And Jillian Michael's I'm sorry but I can't stand her voice. And it seems her workouts again are all the same. Weights and compound moves jumping jacks kick. Blah blaah ober and over. I like verity.
But to be honest ot seems like all the dvds out there are all tje same anymore. Weights and compound moves over and over.
I don't know maybe I'm in a bad mood today! Lol

The biggest regret I had was Insanity - The Asylum. Really liked Insanity - no nonsense and no equipment. Asylum - not the same. Too much stuff. Hated the ladder and my ceiling is too low to jump rope. Just sold it and put the money toward Xtrain.

Because I only buy Cathe, I've got to admit that I did not like any of the Shock Cardio series. I know lots of you loved that series, but I couldn't do much of it because most of the intensity came from jumping, extremely high-impact moves that were difficult to modify. I gave the whole series to my daughter! It broke my heart! I really wanted to like it.

#1 - Amy Dixon Breathless Body - really too repetitive, and therefore boring. I tried will all my might to get through it once and turned it off because it was so boring. Haven't picked it up since.

For me, Tae Bo, the "Pink" Firms & Jari Love were my regrets! Gave them all away! I did try to enjoy the "Pink" Firms but some of the moves seemed clumsy & a couple of the instructors didn't suit me!! As far as Jari Love, the ones I had all seemed similiar to each other.
Cathy

cbillekop said:
For me, Tae Bo, the "Pink" Firms & Jari Love were my regrets! Gave them all away! I did try to enjoy the "Pink" Firms but some of the moves seemed clumsy & a couple of the instructors didn't suit me!! As far as Jari Love, the ones I had all seemed similiar to each other.
Cathy

Omg I agree I had taebo I wanted to like it but each workout was the same I felt like I bent knee and. Twist over over or side kick over and over. Also sorry all of u but I hated the firm. I hated the way they all had the same look on there faces and same tone in. There voice monitone. Sounded and reminded me of the stepford wifes. I tried to do them anyway but it seemed each workout was also the same. Weights and step up and down. Or step touch... and ball room music? Omgosh shoot me now lol. Is it me or did all of them seem to talk and face look expressionless liike maniquins? I know a lot of u love firm I'm sorry.lol. But please tell me what kept u doing them? Maybe I can see them in a different light I still have 2 of them left I may try again if I hear y they r good. Lol.

Because I only buy Cathe, I've got to admit that I did not like any of the Shock Cardio series. I know lots of you loved that series, but I couldn't do much of it because most of the intensity came from jumping, extremely high-impact moves that were difficult to modify. I gave the whole series to my daughter! It broke my heart! I really wanted to like it.
I hated Shock Cardio as well. I sold all of them on E-Bay.

Cathe has proven to me time and time again that she is the master. Nobody can touch her. But I still buy other people's products for variety. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised, but there are many times I've ended up feeling I wasted my money. Here are my top "wish I hadn't boughts":

1. Newer Firms
2. FitPrime (weird, as a previous poster pointed out)
3. Tracie Long's newer workouts (they're strange somehow and I just can't get into them - kind of like the FitPrimes)
4. Jackie Warner (too much of a princess - in Xtreme Training (?) she says something like "don't you wish I was touching you like this" to the camera when she is adjusting one of her participants - yuk)
5. Insanity: The Asylum. Boring, major dread factor, and moves that didn't make sense (for example the move where you stand in a lunge with one arm front and one arm back, look back and pulse the arms for something like a million years). I stuck it out for the whole 30 days, and I did improve my agility, but hated every second.
6. Jari Love's workouts. As others have mentioned, her form is poor, and she doesn't seem to understand metabolism. She doesn't look that healthy to me in recent videos - very gaunt. (Somebody explain to me why I've bought four of her DVDs!) I guess I kept hoping I would click with her. The one thing I like is she is very encouraging, but that doesn't overcome the negatives for me.

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.