Who else gets tired from her workouts?

Over the past year I've noticed that if I go full tilt boogie and also do whole workout as designed I'm often wiped out for the rest of the day or at least end up needing a recovery nap. I'm ok if I keep it to 25 to 45 min including w/u.

Last edited:
I am tired after Cathe's workouts but a good tired. HOWEVER...when I did X10 in its entirety the other day I pretty much was spent for most of the day. Took the dog for a walk after and then took a nap in the afternoon. That was pretty much my day. ;)

I get tired at times to! But I like it really. At times I will do premix to help with that and do a workout that makes me real tired two times a week! Then a lighter premix the rest of the week. I think u are in the perfect forum to keep trying and get Better as time goes by. Her workouts hard hard but you can do it. I also started eating tons of spinach every day and for some reason it seems to help with some energy.
Now right now after all that's happened here lately I am tired just trying to get a shower.
I think u are doing great to keep going

I love jumping on and off in the step, power 15 no never get bored I love her workouts, if you get taired from her you are in the wrong Forum.

The personal trainer I worked with several years ago told me you should feel like taking a nap after a good workout. Sounds like Renee, faithnveggies, labnick and CDPotier are doing something right.

The personal trainer I worked with several years ago told me you should feel like taking a nap after a good workout. Sounds like Renee, faithnveggies, labnick and CDPotier are doing something right.

This thread puts me at ease, especially the above post. I must have had a really good workout on Saturday, because on Sunday, I took a long nap! I was wondering if this was unusual. It seems that it's not.

Last edited:
I definitely have to pace myself with Cathe these days! I find if I do too many higher intensity workouts in a row I feel tired. Ive been trying to do metabolic workouts along with HIITs 6 days a week and I find sometimes that is just too much. For example: Pedal Power, Flextrain, Xtrain, Tabatacise, Intensity, Pedal Power- that wears me out! i have to insert some easier workouts in between. I really hope it's not because I'm getting older :eek: Maybe I just need more sleep? Maybe I'm old? :eek: Maybe both :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am tired after Cathe's workouts but a good tired. HOWEVER...when I did X10 in its entirety the other day I pretty much was spent for most of the day. Took the dog for a walk after and then took a nap in the afternoon. That was pretty much my day. ;)

:D:D:D
I do relate to this---Actually I can recall taking a nap the very first time I did To the max. This does not happen often though. This was definitely a shock to my body.That being said, I will attempt X10 weekend as I could need a nap lol:D

I get tired from workouts--but not long term. As in, I don't have to take naps. But that is also just a personal thing with me. I never take naps. When I finish an intense workout (like X77 or Tabatacise!) I am tired--but a shower and breakfast always re-energizes me.

Last week when I did X77 , I was tired but I also felt euphoric [ endorphin flood ] , so I guess there's a difference between feeling tired and drained - or tired and great . I think I experience the whole range .

If I work out at night and really give it my all....I work up a nasty sweat, take a shower and sleep like a baby. It's awesome! But I did X77 saturday morning and my legs were STILL fatigued on monday. I kind of shuffled through the rest of the day after X77. Think I drooled once too! :eek: I try to plan my workouts to keep things mixed so I don't get too tired. So, after an intense workout, the next day I'll do low impact or steady state cardio or an intermediate level workout or lighter weights or stretch or nothing at all!! I went through that while ago where no matter what I did....I was tired, fatigued or flat out exhausted. It was recommended that I do a recovery week. (low impact, no heavy weights, steady state cardio if you MUST do cardio etc.) I think it really helped. Plus I started doing yoga and more stretching. I try to watch my diet as that can effect my energy as well. If my legs (or any body part) is just feeling wiped out, I leave it alone but try to stretch it more. Cathe's Yoga max and Yoga relax worked very well for me! Good Luck

Cathe's workouts gives me a 'good' tired feeling also, but I have great energy on even though my body is tired. Hope that made since.

OP, you may want to alternate harder workouts ( i.e. intensity, tabacize, Hiits etc ) with milder workouts (e..i. step, premixes or body parts workouts) and definitely eat well, and get plenty of sleep.

When I am well rested, well hydrated and well fed - I am a beast at 48. I love it when I make every step, squat jump and power 15s. But if Im not taking care of myself, I am a slug.

HTH

Hi All! I always say you have to mix things up to shock your metabolism and that includes intensity too. For every seven day work out week I recommend 2 super high intensity days (ie: Hiit training, IMAX workouts, tabata ), 2 moderate to high intensity days (ie: Cross Fire, Cardio Core Circuit, Body Max 2, Afterburn), 1 to 2 moderate intensity days....or even lower intensity if preferred....(ie: Athletic Training, Turbo Barre or Circuit Blast) & one complete rest day. In addition you should weight train 2 to 3 times per week.

Im sorry if I get the wrong, but Cathe is very importante to me, So sorry.

It's OK Mariposa1973. Too bad we can't see or hear the person talking. It would be less misunderstanding. I kinda tightened up a little when I first read it too. It's not always clear what we read. It's OK.

When I do a great hard workout from Cathe, I sleep, restfully all through the night.

Janie

PS....our age, health, metabolism, genetics, menstrual cycle, sleep cycle, diet, line of work etc. all play a part in how tired we are on a day to day basis....a 20 to 30 min nap is a good thing if feel sleepy & have time...but if you feel SUPER tired everyday to the point of it effecting the quality of your life, go see your doc for an overall health check up. Also
ake sure you are not overtraining too (ie: working out at very high intensity levels every day of the week and never allowing any recovery time).

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.