We're In This Together **Sept**

I wanted to check-in real quick before I run out of time today. My friend is coming up to help stain the treehouse. I didn't get a workout in yet, but at the very least will take a walk this evening.

Funny Nat - I just read your post and I ended up choosing Muscle Endurance yesterday. I guess I have never done that one before :confused: Once again she left me in the dust for biceps :eek: But the rest of the workout was good. It's a nice one, kindof overshawdowed by bootcamp.

Glad you had some time with just you and hubby. Isn't it nice to be able to just enjoy your meal w/o all the baggage kids bring to everything ;)

Sarah

Hello Friends.
If you watched GMA on ABC this morning with Ginger Zee, she broadcasted from the town I live in for Artprize. She graduated from one of the best schools in MI.

Sarah-Have fun with the treehouse. Walking is great exercise.

Colleen-I understand on your workout schedule, I am facing that now too.

Natty-Glad you got to enjoy a meal in peace and warm. Kids/animals don't like that to happen. Hardcore Extreme Circuit. Killer workout. Proud of you for doing that.

Rebekah-Hope your weekend is going well.

As I previously mentioned. it's almost October and getting cold outside. My best workout time is in the morning now with the class starting. My gut tells me I may not finish the class. Starting with Cathe again will be slow.

Yes, networking can wear one down. Thanks for the support and encouragement. I've attended groups that I would've never have like the Geeks or Whiteboard. My age/experience requires it although ppl in Detroit network cause they are covering their arses for the future.

The job which I got connected about in June/July is back on the table plus being recruited by that company in WI. I was told I would be informed of the "next steps."
Haven't learned if the person was an automated system or actual human being.

About the person whom sent me the email that hinged on condescending manner. We've been friends that have known each other since our 20s. She has defended me in college cause I chose not to sleep with every guy like she did. In college, she did include me in on stuff although she "always knew better." But, during college, her life was messed up. Guys were using her and throwing her out.Now, those same guys, understand I did what I did although rather unpopular. The email was about how a recruiter saw her on Linkedin for a positon with more $$ but I should be happy with HR Block like I'm not good enough although she knows my blog has opened doors. This behavior is a form of unemployment discrimination, from my research for my blog, of being treated like I'm less because of my employment status but it has always stemmed from before.
About one year ago too, I visited a former supervisor prior to that was a co-worker. Her and her DH told me my "path of unemployment" so I better sell their Mona-Vie. I sent her a letter and told her what my path turned out to be, I haven't heard from them. Still another form of it.
From these experiences and neighbors plus others, GOD has made me tougher and more confrontational than before. Plus, HE has given me respect from others because of my blog. I know more on stuff than some instructors but blogging is social media 101,201 and advanced courses all in one. If you have a passion for something or a knowledge expert in, I encourage you to try it.

Have a Great Sunday, hope to be back later this week.

Hello ladies!

I was MIA yesterday. We've got company staying with us for a week so it's going to be hard to get on the computer when I'm at home. I'm sneaking a quick check in post now though!

Yesterday I did the standing portion of Butts and Guts and then finished up with 20 min disc 12 STS legs (skipped the warm up and stopped after the sliding disc lunges where you set down and pick up the dumbells..LOVE that move!) That brought me to about an hour. Notice how I managed to avoid all floor and stability ball work doing it that way? lol Although I do love the way she uses the stability ball in the warm up of B&G.
Today will be CrossFire and hopefully one of the HC 101's.

Sarah- I just have to try Muscle Endurance sometime. I have it sitting on the shelf as another virgin! I tried the bootcamp once and for some reason the impact bothered me in that one...but that was when my knees were acting up so I think I need to give that whole disc another shot sometime. The ab DOMS came the second day after HC, huh? I've heard that DOMS can come up to 48 hours after a workout. Was it pretty intense DOMS or just mild? I always feel crazy sore in the obliques especially from these. Are you at all tempted to try the Bootcamp one? :eek:

Natty- I'm so glad the girls at your check in are loving HC! I love helping out people with info whenever I can. That was so funny how you wrote in that OD thread about no enabling. LOL It's so hard for me to resist...enabling's in my blood! It's second nature! LOL ;)

Jen- you are such a strong lady. It's great the positive attitude you are able to maintain in the face of all these challenges. I'm so impressed and proud of you. :)

Rebekah- hope your having a great weekend!

TTYL!

Good morning everyone :)

Saturday was my last workout: HE Interval Circuits. Yesterday we helped a friend move (yuck!). My entire last week was kinda thrown off by having to cram in 6 days of workouts onto 4. Hopefully this week I can get back on track with the rotation I set up.

Jen
I think everything you are doing with regards to finding employment, your strong faith, inner peace, blogging, making connections & friends, will all turn out positive in your favor. I truly believe in Karma. Hang in there!

Colleen
Hope you are having a stress-free time with family staying over. I like when people come and visit, but I'm always antsy for them to leave! I'm much a private person and prefer company in small doses :eek:.

Sarah
Are you feeling any DOMS from ME?
How did the treehouse staining go?

Rebekah
CROSSFIT details please!!!!

Have a good one gals!

Good Morning Ladies! Wow! Lots of catching up to do :)

Jen- That is about one of the only things I will like about Paleo is that you do not have to count calories :) The Crossfit I'm going to attend goes even further than typical Paleo standards though, they suggest no fruit, sugar AT ALL. Oy! They promise you will perform better though if you follow the diet. If I see a big difference, I'll stick with it :) Nat and Colleen said it so well, you are such a strong woman to continue to work so hard and network, and attend meetings! You have never given up, and soon all that hard work will pay off! Stay positive, we are cheering for you!

Sarah- I haven't been doing Butt Bible long at all, maybe 2 months, and am already seeing results! I never thought I would enjoy something other than Cathe so much, but Pauline delivers butt DOMS like no other! All the levels are great, I have yet to do upper level 3, upper level 2 left me sore for 3 days!!! She has different moves in most of them, so once they got too easy for me (which took several tries!) I would add an ankle weight for the floor work, or heavier dumbbells for the standing portion. I think Lower Level 2 is my favorite though :) Lower Level 3 is KILLER! WTG on 3 mile run! I hope staining the treehouse went well!

Colleen- Great job on HC/Grace&Gusto, and Butts and Guts/STS! You are a force to be reckoned with! Yet another question for you, in your opinion, what Cathe DVD has the best core segment? Every one else is welcome to chime in as well!!!! I know you're going to kill Crossfire! I need to brush the dust of that one :eek:

Natty- So glad you and hubby got to have some time for yourselves! That is definitely needed every once in a while :) WTG on Hardcore Extreme! That sounds tough! I hope the move went well!

Okay so... as far as the Crossfit, I completely changed my mind on Friday. I found out that the "tougher" Crossfit in town was having a cook-out Saturday, go figure? So I decided that if I was going to do this, I might as well do it right! Addie and I stopped by and I met the lead instructor and another trainer, they were both so nice, and assured me that they won't push me too hard.... at first ;) The most exciting part is that they train real Crossfit Athletes, that have placed in the GAMES :) So cool!!! One of the ladies there placed 31st fittest woman in the world at the 2010 Crossfit Games, she has a son Addie's age also, I am really looking forward to meeting her! She was also in Shape magazine in an article they did called 10 Seriously Fit Chicks of Crossfit. I will attach a pic of her from the article, with her then 10 month old son and she looks INCREDIBLE! I have already ordered some Paleo books off of amazon. This gym also opens earlier and closes later than the "easier" one, and they have many more certified instructors. They let you try one week free, I want to start right now!!!!! lol I am taking Addie to the pediatrician tomorrow for her physical so she can start preschool. I hope by next week everything will be ready to go :) I have literally been dreaming of Crossfit, and am spending every free moment reading articles on it and Paleo. Too bad they don't have daycare! :p

Have a great Monday!
-Rebekah

Attachments

• amanda01.jpg
    amanda01.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 13
Rebekah
I hope you have a rockin' time with the Crossfit lessons! I admire you for doing something your heart desires. It's very important to have that fulfillment in your life.
I find all eating lifestyles very fascinating. I like to read about Veganism, Paleo, The Mediterranean Diet, Okinawa Diet, ect. I have no doubt in my mind that cutting out sugar will get you superior results. I just can't wrap my mind around the no eating beans, oatmeal, whole grains thing :confused:. I'm sure it's no biggie if you don't really eat that stuff anyway, but for me that would mean a drastic change to my eating habits, and right now I'm not willing to sacrifice that :p. I think there is one lady on the forum who goes by fit44. She is a huge Paleo advocate. It seems as though she knows more about that lifestyle than anyone else here. Perhaps you could PM her and ask for tips/helpful suggestions (that's if you want to of course). I remember her recommending Robb Wolfe's (?) podcast.
That lady does look INCREDIBLE! I find muscles so extremely sexy and desirable. Mark OTOH, does not like that that type of musculature on women. He say's it takes away from her femininity :confused:. He finds Cathe (and even Jillian) to be perfect, but then he saw Amanda and said her abs were "too much". Go figure :rolleyes:.

BBL! Have a good one!

Hello ladies!

No workout today but I just wanted to say hi quick! :)

Unfortunately, the school just called and Lydia's tummy is hurting I guess so I have to leave work early to go get her. :( You guys know how tough it is for me to get on the computer at home so I may or may not be able to post again later. :rolleyes: It's especially been the case since we have our company. I love these guys, but it is tough when you have people stay for a week...sort of messes with the routine. We really wished they lived closer, actually. They are pretty laid back people. They don't have kids (she suffered several miscarriages unfortunately), lots of pets though!

Rebekah- I can't wait to hear more about Crossfit as you get going. We get to hear an insiders view as you do it! I'm so curious to see how you like it! That lady's pic you posted looks amazing! Nobody better mess with her! :eek:

Natty- I'm so suprised Mark thought Amanda's abs were too much! :confused: I always thought the cameraman in Cathe's videos was in love with Amanda's abs...it seems like in LIS he focuses on them a lot! LOL Man, I hate moving! It's not even the physical fatigue and strength required to move boxes that gets me, it's more about the chaos that gives me anxiety! I like everything in it's place...even when it's someone else's place! :cool: I'm sure your friend really appreciated the help, though!

Have a great day ladies!

Oy Vay, I deleted my posting again! :(

Yesterday we went to Oaks Amusement Park for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk. The kids close friend (the one I took care of twice a week this summer) was diagnosed 3 years ago with Type 1. We have gone every year and it's a great time. It starts with a 5K and followed by unlimited rides and roller skating. My eating wasn't great since I was away. However I did bring PB sammies for lunch and dinner instead of hot dogs and hamburgers.

Colleen- I do want to try HC Bootcamp someday :D I hope Lydia isn't too sick since you have compnay also.

Nat- I did have DOMS from ME, just not in my LB. It was on the sides of my bi-ceps. It's an odd place I know.

Rebekah - I think I would really love Crossfit. They don't offer it anywhere within about 60 miles of me. I would not like to live with oatmeal :( I am an addict. But of all the things I could be addicted to, oatmeal is probably one of the best :p The chicks bod is awesome though. I would love to look like that :eek: my hubby would probably think, not so much :(

Jen- What up lady?

Staining the treehouse went fine. It looks beautiful. I will have to take some pics so you guys can have a looky. Today I walked the pooch for 3 miles and did 50 step-ups on a park bench then ran up and down a sandy hill (Mt. St. Helens ash)3 times. My heart was in my throat :p Then came home ate breakfast and did HC (as much as I could anyway :eek:)

I was super bad :eek: and accidently ordered what was in my cart on Cathe's website. Travelfit, Power Hour, Circuit Blast, Slow and Heavy, and Supersets. My hubby will have to discipline me ;) when he finds out :eek:

Sarah

Oh I love TF, CB and SS! :D I don't have Power Hour or S&H though. I actually have CB on tap for Wednesday. I kept looking at it on the shelf and haven't done it in ages. I'm like "I have to make room for this one this week!" It's such a fun little workout. It's perfect for days when you're short on time (it's 44 min) but want a nice little punch. :)

You guys aren't going to believe this...I left work to go get Lydia (we didn't have anything else on the schedule...it's pretty much been mostly walk in appointments today), I get there and the school nurse walks out and tells me that little Lydia had a BM and felt much better. :rolleyes: I'm like "she just had to poop?" LOL Seriously though, I know how miserable I get (and how she gets!) when constipation is an issue, so I understood. In any case, I was able to go back to work. :cool:

I forgot Rebekah, you asked what were my favorite core segments in Cathe workouts. Honestly, I'm not a fan of her core work from earlier workouts...I feel like she's gotten way more creative with her newer ones. I love the core segments in these dvds:
To the Max
MMA Boxing
TurboBarre

-and Ab Circuits has a lot of variety that I really enjoy. I've heard a lot of people enjoy Core Max but I don't actually have that one. If I think of more, I'll let you know!

Okay, time to call it a day and go pick up the kids from daycare! :)

TTYL

I was super bad :eek: and accidently ordered what was in my cart on Cathe's website. Travelfit, Power Hour, Circuit Blast, Slow and Heavy, and Supersets. My hubby will have to discipline me ;) when he finds out :eek:
Sarah

OMG congrats on your new Cathe additions!! I'm super jealous of PH, S&H, SS!!! You must do a rotation with S&H!!!

I have Travel Fit & Circuit Blast. I love Travel Fit!! Circuit Blast is fun, but I don't do circuits enough to really develop a love for them. I should start adding circuits to my rotation.

LOL on the hubby part ;). You are one funny lady ;).

Good morning ladies :)

Yesterday's w/o was Low Max. This is my 2nd time doing it and I'm in love :). At one point my legs were shaking and Cathe asks "how are your legs doing??". I laughed out loud at that part! How she manages to say the right things at the right time just astonishes me!

For today's w/o I will try to go back to my rotation with STS Legs W4. If I'm short on time, I will do Butt Bible instead :eek:.

Colleen

I'm glad Lydia's tummy problems were just her needing a BM.
I'm sorry to hear about your friends miscarriages. Tell them not to give up. Well, actually it all depends on how much physical and psychological pain you are willing to endure. I had 7 miscarriages and my 8th pregnancy was Bella. Sometimes life just gives you a shitty hand, but miracles do happen :).

Have a good one ladies!

Hi Lovely Ladies!!! I hope you all are having a wonderful afternoon!

Today I took Addie to the pediatrician :eek: Wow, was it bad :eek:: Addie was her typical terrible two out in public, threw a temper tantrum upon arrival, wouldn't stay still on the scale, table, or anything to get proper measurements, I had to hold her down for her shots and finger prick, which was AWFUL, she cried so hard it made me cry too :( She heaved and sobbed the whole ride home. That was by far the worst visit yet. I'm glad we do not have to do that again for a while! Phew :p
I did not work out today, I cleaned the house during her nap. On the topic of the husbands not liking the more muscular looking fit woman, I am right there with you. Heins seems terrified of me "losing my boobs" and is not really looking forward to me doing Crossfit after seeing the appearance of the women in the games. It is so frustrating! I will probably not end up looking that way as I won't be training as hard or eating strict Paleo, but even so, I never stop being so mad at the way fit women are perceived. I had to go back and read the "Negative Comment" thread you started a few months back Natty. I just get so tired of overweight being the norm, and fit people being touted as weird, or even as harsh as nasty for looking a little more buff than the average person. Not only hurtful, but just plain diserespectful to cut some one down for something they have obviously worked very hard to achieve! ARGH! :mad: Sorry for the rant, but I've really been struggling with this for the past few days. I want so badly to do this, but I know I'm going to "pay for it." I hope one day the sculpted female physique will get the respect it deserves. I wish men understood that those women don't necessarilly do it for the look, they do it to be strong, and in tip-top shape, and that is admirable!
Enough with that :p yesterday I did UB and Core from TurboBarre, Core from Butts & Guts, and Core from Crossfire, abs were feeling good :)

Colleen- I'm glad Lydia is a-okay! You cracked me up about it though! Constipation is no fun for anyone! I hope everything with your company is still going well, it is a bummer when your routine gets out-of-whack. Glad that they are laid back though :cool: I also love the core segment in TurboBarre :) I did it yesterday actually, love when you anchor one elbow and reach with the other arm, that one always fries my core nicely!

Sarah- I hope you had a great time at the 5K/walk. I love that those races are always for such good causes. That sucks about a Crossfit not being close to you:( They seem to be popping up more and more, hopefully one will head your way soon! Most of them do offer a free trial week ;) I hope I still want to do it after mine :eek: lol Congrats on your new additions as well! You too, cracked me up about the hubby part! You have a great sense of humor :D I love oatmeal also! Here's hoping I don't miss it too much! WTG on the step-ups and all the walking!!! I bet you were tired after the sandy hill!

Natty- Great job on Low Max! Cathe is a genius with saying her little comments at just the right times. I have cursed her for that :eek: lol She knows just what to say to change your mind about pausing though! If you did end up doing Butt Bible, hope you're not DOMSing too bad :D I am so sorry about your miscarriages, you are a strong woman to have made it through that. Bella is a beautiful miracle.

Jen- Hope all is well!

Have a good one!
-Rebekah

Cyclemax already completed today. Part 2 is way more difficult working in the yard with the husband :p

Colleen- As I read your post about Lydia having a tummy ache, I was thinking the same thing BM. It was so funny that you came back and said it was a BM indeed. My son did that a few times up until he was about 8 :D

Sarah

I LOVED that article Rebekah! I hope you don't mind if I re-post it on VF? There are a lot of folks on there afraid of heavy (or even moderate) weights and it drives me crazy. Have you guys ever heard of Tracy Anderson? There are a lot of people on there who do her stuff and she "cautions" women to never ever lift a dumbell over 3 lbs! :rolleyes: Man, I wish so many women weren't afraid of muscle and strength!!! Time to go stir the pot on VF...:p

I'll be back in a few to post my workout and personals! :D

Last edited:
Rebekah
I kid you not, a few days ago I asked Mark if he could get his 25lbs and 30lbs dumbbells back from his friend so I could use them. He looked at me puzzled and asked "what for??" with this smile on his face. I told him I needed the weights for legs, chest, back, and that I could indeed lift them :rolleyes: :mad:. He supports my weight training, but thinks I don't need to lift anything over 5lbs :rolleyes::mad:. Well of course I don't need to lift heavy, I want to lift heavy!!! And as I do so, my body changes for the better! Anyway, the prejudice that women should be toting around little wussy weights will never die. I even asked Mark if many women are seen in his weight room and he says no, most of them do cardio. Now I don't know if these women are doing weights at home, but if I was at the gym I would purposely bench press 65lbs just to get everyone to take notice :eek::D. But you know, not everyone has the desire to lift heavy for whatever purpose, and that's ok too (I guess :rolleyes:;)).

BB tomorrow!

I'm back! :D

We'll have to see if I get any responses on the thread I started with that article. :)

Today was an HC day, September Hardcore. These Hardcore workouts have some tough leg/glute work! My tush was on fire today! :eek:
Tomorrow I'm looking forward to Circuit Blast. It's been soooo long since I did it!

Natty- unfortunately, with my friend she won't be having any more pregnancies. She just had to have a partial hysterectomy due to a multitude of problems ranging from multiple fibroids, endometriosis, scar tissue and adhesions that were painful for her. She's about 7 weeks out from her surgery, actually. She's holding up well though. :) She's a wonderful mommy to all her dogs, cats and now she has chickens and fresh eggs! :D They brought us some fresh eggs even. Yum! :)

Rebekah- I totally get your rant earlier...I feel the exact same way! :mad: Hence my compulsion to go share the article with all the ladies on VF. ;) Hehehehe. I just don't understand the notion that women need to be weak to be attractive :mad:. I do not get it at all!!! It's bad enough when you hear men say stupid things like that, but to me it's far worse when you hear women echo that sentiment. It really bothers the feminist in me ;).

Sarah- I forgot to mention great job on the 5K! What a great cause, too! Good job on Cycle Max, too! I forget, did you preorder XTrain also? If so, are you looking forward to the new spinning dvd?

Have a great day ladies!

Just jumping in to say of course I don't mind if you share Colleen, I encourage you to! I have been reading article after article on this topic, that is the best "argument" I have found so far.
I wish more women were educated on this! And as far as Tracy warning against using heavier weights, that is crazy!!! So glad you are all supportive, and smart ;) Keep on lifting ladies! I'm glad we're not afraid to be strong :)

Hello Friends,
Letting you know that I conquered AT tonight except planks and tri-dips. Needed a confidence booster cause I feel I'm missing a component to land a job although many people more talented than I aren't working either.
No decision on Wed workout.
Have a great day,

Hello to my fav Cathe buddies :)

Yesterday's w/o was STS Legs W4. Just to refresh your memories (except for you Rebekah, I know you don't have STS), there is a bonus section at the end which uses the stability ball for leg lifts, hammie roll-in's, frog-style roll-in's, glute squeezes, and inner thigh catches with the ball (I'm love with that section btw). I'm so bad at floor work, and yet I'm oddly drawn to the burn, pain & tears that come with :D. I pushed hard, completing all but 2 one-legged hamstring roll-in's. DOMS today :D.

Mark is on evening shift, so I'm able to do my workouts from 9:30am-10:30am this week. I just finished 4DS Upper Body premix. I love that series so much! Thanks guys for enabling me ;).

Jen
WTG on AT!!! The way you talk, I would say you have a lot of confidence. But yes, working out just makes you feel better overall. I think the internal aspects of exercise outweigh the external by a landslide.

Sarah
I forgot to say congrats on the 5K run! And for a wonderful cause too.
You have enabled me to start a collection of must-haves in my Cathe cart. So far I've only accumulated 6 or 7 downloads -- only 15 more to go ;).

Colleen
I'm sorry about your friend :(. Animals are indeed like children.
Did you start some heat over on VF??? Why bother really? If those people don't want to lift moderate-heavy, that's their loss!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:. I think people over there just hate Cathe and everything she stands for -- that includes lifting anything over 5lbs.

Rebekah
Man, I'm sorry to hear about your nightmare at the doctor office. I went through it too when Bella turned 2. She was afraid of the doctor and would not co-operate, to say the least. You know what, I don't blame her though. How would you feel if some person you barely knew asked you to get naked and sit on a cold scale? Needle's hurt too!! What pissed me off about the doctor what she actually told me that she did not understand why Bella was acting that way :confused:. I was like "seriously? You've never seen a kid act this way?? Then perhaps you don't have many 2yr old patients" :mad:. Whatever, anyway I hope you are having a better day today :).
As for Crossfit, do whatever your heart desires. I understand the way Heins is because Mark is the same way. If it makes you happy, he should be supportive (theoretically anyway :rolleyes:). What matters most is your inner beauty and that will never change :).

Ok, wrote a book, sorry :eek:. Have a good one!

I can't believe it, I got my Cathes already.

Thanks for that great article yesterday Rebekah. I have been reading off of that Poliquin website ever since.

Colleen I am still sore from HC on Monday :D

I do think I want to do a Slow and Heavy rotation, Nat. With Hiit, one Cyclemax, walking the dog, HC, and one kickbox. Did I miss anything?

I did SH bi-tri after I took the dog on a walk this morning. I liked it and it seemed to go by fast. I also did a core segment from one of Cathe's newer ones ( the name escapes me right now)

Nat I loved the pic with Bella in the tree. It looked professional. Shes beautiful.

Jen - Good job on AT! I am glad to hear from you again :) Anytime we don't hear from you, for some reason I start to worry.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.