We're In This Together **Sept**

CONGRATULATIONS Marie!!! :eek: :eek: :D Since I see you posted last night I wonder if you are now holding looking Breckin in your arms as I type? :) I hope everything went (or is possibly still going!) smoothly!

Natty- I definitely didn't mind the 2 lb weight loss! :p I'll take a congratulations! lol I just had convinced myself, since I had been at a plateau for almost 2 years, that I was fine where I was and I didn't need to lose any more weight. It didn't break my heart that I wasn't going down on the scale, and I try not to focus on that anyway. But...it was a pleasant suprise! :D Hee! You are going to love Drill Max! The choreography is basic (which you know I love!) but it such a fun, intense workout. She does this push up variation called dive bombers. I could never do them before and then once I got going with HC, I was so totally stoked when I did Drill Max and found I could do them with ease! :eek:

Today I'm planning on Ellen's Grace and Gusto. :) I'm looking forward to doing low intensity workouts for the rest of the week. I definitely need it! My shoulder feels good today, but now my left ankle is bothering me! :rolleyes: Yep, I definitely feel the overtraining sneaking up on me...:eek:.

Natty, The married man thing,yes, I agree. The stupid thing is that he "expected" me to renew him on the other site.

Marie, Please update us about Breckin. Thanks.

Was going to workout but meeting a friend at a bakery. My w/o next is Intensity or High Reps.

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!
YAY MARIE! I hope you are doing well and I hope labor is/was as smooth and pain free as possible! I am so excited/happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! :D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

Colleen- The 2 pounds down is a good unexpected surrise! I know your body will enjoy a low intensity week. WTG on Grace and Gusto! I hope your shoulders and ankle feel better. I don't think you have done that since I joined this thread! Definitely due time :) Your body will be thanking you I'm sure! WTG on the divebomber push-ups as well! Those sound tough! Isn't it awesome when you can finally do something you couldn't before!?! I'm still waiting on being able to to a leviatation hold :confused: lol

Natty- Great job on MIS! Sounds like a killer workout! I am sure all those muscles are talking to you now! Yes, every one there is so nice! It is a really welcoming environment. They have been so patient with all my questions and are sticklers about good form, which I love, they really want to make sure you don't hurt yourself. I like that they actually care enough to pay attention and continually observe, because sometimes you get caught up in trying to finish quickly and get a little sloppy :eek:

Jen- WTG on passing the test and recruiters calling you! :) Glad the married man is finally getting a clue as well!

As for me, the introduction went well! The gym is a lot busier at night though :confused: I learned how to properly squat, dead lift, push press, and some variation of a snatch, I forgot the exact terminology though :confused:
We did a few more things, but none of the exciting stuff yet
We did a mini WOD:
10 deadlift with 55 lbs
10 push press with 45 lbs
10 squats with 45 lbs
400 meter run
then repeated the sequence for time

My hands are starting to hurt :-/ I wish we could wear gloves, I have read a lot about CrossFitters ripping their hands :confused: Ugh I hope that doesn't happen to me! :( Hopefully they will toughen up soon!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
I can't wait to hear from you Marie!

-Rebekah

Marie, I hope all is well with you and Breckin.

Jen - I will def. be thinking of you with your interview. Lots of luck heading your way. :D

I did triple Tabata yesterday after my bi-and tri of SH. Today I did legs and shoulder SH. So it's been 3 weeks of doing this rotation and all she recommends is 3 weeks. So next week, I'm not sure of what I will do yet. Maybe MIS.

Colleen - Congrats of the 2 lb weight loss.

Nat- I'm not sure of what kind of fish we have. My son could tell me but, for me a fish is a fish is a fish, unless I get to eat it :D

Hey all

Breckin is here and so healthy and just a love! He is the light of our lives and we couldn't be happier. Weighed 7lb14oz and 20 inches at birth. He arrived at 12:44am today by Caesarian birth. I labored until midnight and still was only dilated to a 3. Due to B's heartrate decreasing every now and then with contractions and no progression in dilation we decided a CS was the best option. We are happy with our decision and now have the most amazing little boy Loving him more than words can describe.

I couldn't wait to update but it was a crazy day between visitors and feelings not to mentions doctors and nurses. All is well though!

Sorry as you probably realized I haven't had times to read posts. Hope everyone is doing well! I will hopefully catch up soon.

Off to feed my precious boy. Breast feeding is going well so far!

Love my family!!!

Congratulations on your new arrival! You said Thursday earlier. You're spot on.
Hope you get some rest today.

CONGRATULATIONS MARIE
Breckin sounds absolutely precious :).

If you have any questions about C-sections, post-partum, or anything baby related, I think it's safe to say you have us :).

BBL!

Congratulations Marie! I'm so glad Breckin is healthy and everything went well! Like Natty said, don't be afraid to fire away with any questions! Then again, don't feel pressured to post...I know you are going to be crazy busy with everything baby related for quite awhile! :eek: :eek: :D

Yippee Marie. So, so happy for you and your family. Lots of emotions, for sure. I was a basket case, after I had my daughters :eek:

Sarah

Interview went well today but no way of knowing how it will result. Hiring 10 but probably interview 15.

It just occurred to me that the thread is still September :eek:. Do you guys prefer one thread with no date and just leave it at that??

So, another fish bites the dust :(. That's 2 now. I'm starting to realize that having a bird or perhaps another small animal might have been easier. Fish require work and a delicate balance to keep everything running smoothly. The people at the Aquatic store said it could take well over 1 month to get the tank cycling properly and established. That's why they recommended hardy, cheaper fish to start out with. Poor "sacrificial" little guys :(.

My workout Wed was Rhythmic Step (love it!). Yesterday I did Athletic Training after not having done it for many months. I forgot how fun and hard it was! The UB toning section is THE BOMB! I love the unique way she packs a powerful punch in such a short amount of time. She also makes these cute, funny comments during it and I always catch myself laughing. Cathe is a pure genius.

Rebekah
Are you a fan of Bob Harper? He does Crossfit and posts pics of them on his FB feed. He actually posts quite a lot. AND he get's like 5,000 likes when he makes a post :confused:. It could be something simple like "kick a** today". I think he's super hot, and I could care less if he's gay. I'm disgusted by the comments some people (I won't say fans) make, telling him to come out of the closet and questioning his sexuality :mad:.
I have no idea how you don't use gloves! Heck, I'm a wuss with my weights and always use them. I get super sweaty all over too and I'm afraid the weights will slip out.

Sarah
:eek::eek: Triple Tabata + S&H!!! You rock start you :cool:. Amazing!

Jen
I'm sure you aced the interview. I'm always sending positive vibes to you.

Colleen
Hope you're enjoying the recovery week.
OMG DEXTER!!!!! Love the season so far!!

Ok guys, have a great TGIF!!!!

Good Morning my Fabulously Fit Friends! :D

Thinking of you Marie! Hope you are getting some rest and enjoying your time with precious Breckin :)

Natty- That sounds like a good idea! The months are going by so fast! I am sorry about fish #2 :( I hope the others will hang in there for you guys! WTG on Rythmic Step! Love when she makes funny comments, makes the workout so much more fun! I hope she's not ALL business in Xtrain ;) I am not friends with Bob Harper, but I will "Like" him now, to see what he's up to! People can be so mean sometimes :mad: What ever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Jen- WTG on the interview! I hope you hear some positive feedback :)

Sarah- Hope all is well! I am sure you are rockin' some workouts! How is your daughter's room coming along?

Colleen- I hope you are enjoying your active recovery week :) Hope work has been good also!

As for me yesterday was a toughie..... then again what day hasn't been :p
This was the "WOD"

Back Squat – Warm up to a heavy 5. Then do sets of 4 – 3 – 3 – 12 – 12 – 12
Rest no more than 2 minutes between the sets after your heavy 5

For Time
15 KB Swings (24kg)
25 Box Jumps (20″)
35 GHD Sit Ups
45 Push Press (65lbs / 45lbs)
55 Double Unders

The Back Squats quite frankly sucked :confused: lol My back is feeling them today :confused: I got up to 95 lbs which I was pretty stoked about :)
The 45 push presses were also AWFUL I had to pause 5 times, how do people do that many in a row???? lol
I am done with my introduction classes also :)
Our mini WOD last night was As Many Rounds As Possible in 5 minutes of 5 Kettle Bell Swings, 5 Squat Thrusters, and 5 Burpees, I got 5 rounds in.

Today will be an off day as my back is sore from yesterday, I might do Yoga Relax though, I'm sure some stretching would do me some good!

Also, I just wanted you guys to know I found a really awesome sports bra, I thought I would share just in case you guys were looking for a new good one, the Moving Comfort "Fiona" is AWESOME, I bought one on Tuesday and loved it so much I just ordered two more from their website, great support AND the straps don't dig in your shoulders, plus the straps are adjustable, AND it's hook and eye closure :) Pretty much everything I could ever want in a sports bra :p

I hope you guys have a great Friday and a great weekend as well!!!!

-Rebekah

Hello ladies!

No workout today. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get another Ellen and/or maybe one of my yoga dvds. I think I've mentioned before how crazy picky I am with yoga dvds. There are so many things that can potentially annoy me during yoga. They move to slow or too fast, the instructor is annoying or too much into the eastern "mystical" thing, too many sun salutations or going into poses over and over and over (when they "build" on the pose"), male instructors and their lack of clothing...:eek: I think I love the idea of yoga more than I actually like yoga! lol I love using yoga movements in my stretching though, like triangle pose and pigeon post I use constantly. Anyhoo...enough of my rambling! :eek:

Rebekah- you continue to amaze me with the Crossfit workouts! :D I love the sound of that last WOD. Anything with kettlebell swings has my attention! It's funny, when you mentioned about the sports bra it got me remembering how hard it used to be for me to find sports bras. Before I had my kids, I was a D cup and I was one of those rare birds that didn't actually like being so well endowed! I was always covering up, bemoaning how shirts didn't fit and was totally self-conscious and shy about my bosom! :eek: Then, after breastfeeding I am now a B cup! My sisters swear I had a reduction! lol I was actually happy to have a reduced size, unlike most ladies. Mark likes to whine occasionally, though...stinker :mad:. Nowadays, I can get by with the built in shelf bra that comes with the spandex sports tank tops. Love it! :)

Natty- that's so funny we're still on September...lol. I didn't even notice! :p I guess it doesn't matter to me either way. We could just have a long running thread, maybe we could start a new one with that in mind? Does it matter? I'm so sorry about the second fish dying! Aquariums are so difficult to get just right! My roomate in college tried so hard and her fish kept dying. She was so bummed! I love Bob Harper, too! I just can't believe people would post homophobic comments on his facebook page! :mad: Crazy jerks out there! Dexter should be good this week!

Sarah- hope the remodeling is going okay!

Jen- glad the interview went well! Fingers crossed. :)

Marie- give Breckin a big wet kiss for me! :eek: Newborns are the best! :D

TTYL

Hello Friends.

Quick note. Interview went well but hard to tell the outcome.

Today, I did CSS.

Hope to catch up on personals by Monday. By Thursday, I'm tired of class and the homework. Accelerated class isn't worth it.

Happy Saturday everyone!

Marie
Hope you are doing well and enjoying your beautiful baby Breckin :). No need to respond or post, just wanted to tell you that :).

Today's w/o was a 2 mile walk + Jari Love's Ripped & Chiseled. I think Cathe may have spoiled me. I admit, I'm a Cathe snob when it comes to weight training. I don't think I can do that workout weekly for several reasons. 1) Low weight/high rep OVERLOAD. Doing 100 chest presses plus 100 chest fly's, really ain't my thang. 2) It was boring because of #1. 3) I kept thinking of Cathe. 4) Form was HORRIBLE. Not that I need a tutorial on form, but I expect better from an elite trainer who own several health clubs and teaches ripped classes in the Vancouver area.

SO, now I must find another total body workout to replace this one. Any suggestions? I am eying Push/Pull & Super-sets. I love the Body Blast series and feel my collection would not be complete without it :D.

Another fish died :(.

Colleen
You made me laugh with the Yoga stuff :D. I'm picky too, and so far there has only been 2 workouts which tickles my fancy.
What are the kids being for Halloween this year?

Rebekah
Your WOD was awesome! Did you see the pic of Bob Harper on FB after his WOD? I love that guy! I wish he was my personal trainer :(.
Thank you for the recommend on the sports bra. If I had a bigger cup than an A, I would totally check it out :D. Truth is, I don't require much support :eek:. I could wrap a Tensor Band around my chest and be good to go ;).
How is Addie? What is she being for Halloween?

Jen & Sarah
HIIIIII !!!!!

Have a good evening ;)

Hello Friends.

Marie-Hope life is going well with Breckin and the rest of the gang. Get some rest. Hope to hear from you when you're ready and to see some baby pics plus one of the DS with him.

Colleen- "Male instructors with their lack of clothing." Please let me know ALL of these. Motivation comes from all areas. Gin Miller with the Original Step Reebok had mainly men. LOVED IT!! Yoga idea is better than it really is.

Natty- Bummer on the fish thing. Tanks can be rather pricey to keep fish inside. Did your friend post a pic in FB of a fish memorial? I did AT the other day too, love it. Didn't realize we were in September. Starting a new thread to finish the year would be good.

Sarah- Hope your remodel is going well.

Rebekah-Crossfit is crazy. sure I could do it but I would feel it for awhile.

Today. No updates. Married man finally is gone. Happy!! MSU lost against Michigan, bummer. Tigers going to World Series, extremely happy. No word yet from interview on Thursday. Buying time to do homework today. Not interested. Burned out from 4 nights per week at 3 hours per night in my ex's old hood which has gotten rather ghetto. Hope to do Afterburn very soon then homework. Yesterday was CSS. Trying to keep my schedule positive although class trainer's think they own my time.
Hope to post personals again later this week. Plus, if I hear about job, I will let you know.

Hey :)

Thanks for all the congrats!!!

Oh my goodness words cannot describe the love I have for my little man! I am soooo in love! Being a mama is the best feeling in the world. Tony is loving being a dad too. So fun! We have had several guests over the past few days which is great! Fun for him to meet everyone but I just can't wait to get him back in my arms. I miss him when I'm in the shower haha! My little love.

Breast feeding is going extremely well. He nurses every 3 to 4 hours and then has an alert period and then sleeps. He is quite the sleeper. So content.

The hospital stay was good but we are so happy to be home.

Pictures to be posted soon.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Keep up good job on the workouts.

B has an appt tomorrow and I still have to schedule mine. For right now I am restricted from holding anything heavier than B. No working out for 6 weeks....hoping the dr will change this. I can walk but the pain limits that to a point. I am getting around real well though. Laughing and crying hurt as well as anything that uses my abs. I hate taking meds but it is necessary right now. I'm taking way less than prescribed though. Everyday gets better!

Other than that not much! Just enjoying life with Tony and our little one :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.