Is there a low impact version for the heel clicks? Can't see me doing those.....I guess a modified burpee would work there....
Hi Aquagirl! I saw what you wrote about the clicking of the heels on the step! You could do to modify is to not to do them at all! When Cathe is doing the clicking of the heels before that she was lifting her knee and the straddling the step and then going to the opposite foot and lifting her knee and then she goes to the step and then goes down and does the clicking of the heels. Just keep straddling the step like she did before. And then she stands after the clicking of the heels is over and you should be in the position that she is in. When she clicks twice and you straddle and did the knee ups, it should be one on each foot.

Or you could jump on the step in straddle position with both feet of the step. You start from where your feet are on the floor and then to the step and then back to the ground. This is where you will end up where Cathe is when she is done clicking her heels.

That is what I saw on from the clip. That is my best piece of advice!

Hopes this helps!

Jen Den

Is there a low impact version for the heel clicks? Can't see me doing those.....I guess a modified burpee would work there....
Hi AquaGirl!

I do many modifications when I do Step! I don’t feel bad about it! I know if I can make it through the workout, that is all that matters to me. I know in time I will be able to the more difficult moves that Cathe does. It may take me more time. But, if I don’t there isn’t any shame about doing modifications. We are at all different levels. And completing the workout, even with modifications is the goal! These Step workouts are very difficult!
Most people see them and run away! Just believe and do! Your awesome!

Jen Den

Thanks Jen Den! Excellent ideas! I may do that......just keep straddling and knee lift.... I tried the heel clicks
and Cathe is right, if you put your weight on your upper body, makes it easier, I can lift my feet up some, no
way am I "clicking heels" LOL, but I tend to have trouble with my shoulders and in that area, so I may just
do some sort of modifying.

MODIFY AND HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH! I modify whenever necessary, but always strive to perform each move correctly. Work the intended muscles if you can, so they get stronger. Cathe does pushups from her toes. I started in table-top position on hands and knees, but made sure my arms did the work. I couldn't do all the reps. In two months I could do pushups in plank position from my knees, and a couple from my toes, and do every rep in the workout (75!). It's exciting to see results and move up!

Some moves were impossibly awkward to start with (I fell over with a seated abdominal twist), but with perseverance, eventually I could do one, then several. I figure if I can't do it, it's something I need to work on, the muscles will build up, and indeed they do. In step routines when I get lost, I keep the cardio going until I can follow the steps again. Cathe always advises to modify if you need to, and you can honorably skip moves that are injurious in your particular situation. You have a lot of fellow Cathletes out there modifying right along with you, making progress, and staying fit!

When you can do a heel click, POST IT! Best wishes!

Thanks Jen Den! Excellent ideas! I may do that......just keep straddling and knee lift.... I tried the heel clicks
and Cathe is right, if you put your weight on your upper body, makes it easier, I can lift my feet up some, no
way am I "clicking heels" LOL, but I tend to have trouble with my shoulders and in that area, so I may just
do some sort of modifying.
Hi Aqua Girl....if your shoulder gives you problems than just as Jen Den said you can keep doing the step knee straddle instead. You’ll wind up in the same place and never miss a beat if you insert that move in place of the heel clicks. Almost time to try it out

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.