Ultimate Yogi

Ok, you really are all enablers! :D

I am not the biggest fan of yoga, but I am trying to incorporate it into my routine more because I am NOT flexible at all! That being said I do enjoy how I feel after doing yoga but I am not sure I would be able to do it for an hour. Are you able to do this series with shorter workouts? I am currently doing the Cathe April rotation and would like to add this to it, but adding another hour would be hard to fit in....

I have watched some clips off the website and they look really good, and I have heard only good things about this program, but I do have a few questions.

In some clips he seems to do a lot of talking - for people that have done these a few times do you get tired of hearing the same thing over and over?
Also do most of the videos flow from one move to the next, or are there are lot of holding poses? This is where I struggle most with yoga, because I tend to get bored and I have a hard time concentrating.

The Spring 25% off is tempting, but I am wondering if I would be better off with the short and sweet or bite the bullet and just order the whole set? Any input would be greatly appreciated!! TIA!

EA!

We need an Enablers Anonymous group!

After reading about UY on this forum, I bought Short & Sweet first and loved it so much, that I ended up buying the full set when a Christmas holiday special was offered. I wish I had time to do UY & Cathe every day.

I'm on the road this week, so I brought Short & Sweet and Turbo Barre with me...both good to do in the hotel!

Lisa

Anyone struggling with Yin Yoga? For me, this is probably the toughest practice. I can't hold the stretches very long. I had no clue I was this tight. I took three Advil an hour ago and still feeling sore.

Yes! I can do it but I find holding those stretches SO hard. It is almost painful ( not injury pain, but discomfort). I'm supposed to be doing it this morning. I hope it is a little easier this time. I figure if it's this hard I must really need it. All in all I am loving this program! Hang in there, soon we will be able to twist ourselves into pretzels,lol:eek:.

I need to revisit Yin Yoga, but had the same reaction to it. I thought adding a 10-15 minute warm-up might help when holding the poses.

Lisa

Pranayama and Meditation Breakdown

If anyone wants this since they didn't chapter the Pranayama Meditation CD for some reason.

Pranyama - 0sec-14:45min
Meditation 1 Gratitude - 14:45-23:48
Meditation 2 Dedication - 23:48 - 26:11
Meditation 3 Affirmation - 26:11-29:30
Meditation 4 - 29:30-end

Hi,

I did my first one last night. Cross training. It was pretty good. I like that he showed you the modifications in one of the menus for the downward, upward cobra sequence.
I like the flow. It reminds me a lot of Kest's.
I laughed at the 500 yogi style push ups joke.
It's filmed well.
What was that short film? I know I laughed at it for sure. It even ends with a head stand? Lol. With the light from behind.
He must have the strangest sense of humor.
Good recommendation.
May the Fudd be with you.
On the Mat!
Namaste.

Lol.

I DID IT! I just completed 108 days of Ultimate Yoga, love this series. I'm not a yoga fan, but this has changed my mind. Doing the 108 Sun Salutations this morning was like having an epiphany, doing them with my husband next to me made it extra special. All I can say is stick with this one, it’s worth it.

Namaste

I DID IT! I just completed 108 days of Ultimate Yoga, love this series. I'm not a yoga fan, but this has changed my mind. Doing the 108 Sun Salutations this morning was like having an epiphany, doing them with my husband next to me made it extra special. All I can say is stick with this one, it’s worth it.

Namaste

Great job! This is my goal one day :)

Congratulations, fitbyfifty! I'm currently working through the program and mixing in another rotation. I think I'm at about day 15. I love UY!

I bought this from Amazon a couple of weeks ago for $100. I see today that you can get it for $86 with free shipping. Doesn't make me feel all that great, but thought maybe this might help someone else.

I've only done 2 of the workouts so far, but I can tell I NEED more of these types of workouts and am happy with the set so far. My flexibility has really gone south the last couple of years. I was worried about the length of the workouts as far as being too long, but they do move along pretty quickly and without the dread factor. Plus, I did have some sore obliques this morning that I wasn't expecting. I haven't even done Hardcore yet.:confused:

Anyone else think Travis sometimes sounds like Matthew McConaughey? Can you imagine Matthew walking though a Yoga class (shirtless, of coarse) telling you to hold that down dog? LOL!

Namaste

Woo-hoo! That is fantastic! My schedule, right now isn't working for doing my UY daily, but I am hoping this summer I will be able to do it for the 108 days. Congratulations!!

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. This is actually the first New Year’s Resolution I have ever accomplished. Maybe it’s because I started on Dec 31. I’m now getting up at 5am and driving to my daughter’s apartment to run. I HATE RUNNING! But maybe after the summer I will have a different attitude. This year is all about confronting the things I avoid.

Is anyone getting dizzy? I've been doing 3-4 of these workouts each week. I had a bout with vertigo a few weeks ago and have been experiencing dizzy spells ever since.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.