Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

Hi ladies!

I did the chiropractor today I go back two times a week he wants three but its to expensive!!

I rested today because I didn't get home til late and my legs are sore! I did sts disk 3 ! It seemed simple enough till today lol loved it! Oh I has trouble with wall squats with ball I could not go down that far! Hurt my knees!!
I also have a headache today so I am tired tomorrow it's jogging I hope I feel better

Hello again!!! Rest day yesterday and I'm still sore from legs but today was a jog of 4 miles.
Tomorrow I am doing disk 4 STS

Hi all!

I joined you, Renee, on a rest day today, unintentional. Actually I haven't gotten a true workout in since last Thursday. :( Today I got my workout clothes on at 2 today, right after Little K went down for a nap, with great intentions! But I continued to work with my kids on various school things and toy pick up until 5:30! I guess I could have done something at 9:30 when the older boys went to bed, B wanted me to watch a movie with him since the older boys were watching Thor, which we didn't think was appropriate for a 7 yo. And I've been on the computer ever since, cleaning up email, looking for a beach house and looking at schedules. :) But I did get 7 hours of sleep last night! My WW goal is to get 2 in by tomorrow. I need to get it in tonight if I'm going to succeed.

Tomorrow, hopefully I can get a wo in early since we have the day off from school: ENT doc in the morning and homeschool co op (SALT) pool party at my mom's in the afternoon.

Katie- Sorry your weather has been so hot! Our weather has been pretty nice, 80s all week and we had windows open most of the weekend.

Eva- I did watch one of the ART workouts on the way home from church on Sunday and they look interesting. But I can't put money into any workouts just now. I wonder if doing them on youtube, where I watched it would work?

I've been almost all raw yesterday and today, minus cooked cashews and cooked hummus. Feeling pretty good! No period yet though, I thought tonight would be the time, probably tomorrow.

Hi lady Lep, Katie, Eva, Melissa

I did an interval run today plus the sts meso 1 disk 4week2! Loving it so far. Tomorrow I will do disk 5 then Friday will be a jog again sat will be legs. It's coming along good!

Wow, Renee! Running and meso! How long did that all take?

I got in TTM slide and glide tabata premix but didn't do the cool down. I went on you tube and did ART muffin top 3 min work out. I didn't do the 50 reps for all so it was more like a "try out" than a work out. :) I also saw her 30 day challenge with eating. I may try that along with the 50 reps for 5 different moves. If I understand it correctly: 1 move then 2 min cardio, other leg move then 2 min cardio, then the first block ab exercise then 2 min cardio, then repeat with each oblique followed by 2 min cardio. I also dont have the block, any ideas of what to substitute? Sounds easy enough but I may get bored with those same exercises for 30 days, unless it is really fast say 15 min or less. And I'd like to do the food challenge too: hand of protein, half hand each of carb and veg or fruit. I eat more fruit/ veg and carbs and less protein than that. And no snacks! But I guess 30 days might be doable? I don't want to do something too strict only myself or I will never finish it. Now how to modify.....all after vacation, still trying to get a place for next week. How is your progress with it, Eva?

WW meeting went well tonight, 1.8 down! Hopefully I can keep it off over vacation!

Hi, Katie!

Hi lady Lep,

What size does the block have to be? Can you use a fat book?

I did the interval running that was 35 minutes and sts was 55 minutes I think but I jogged and folded cloths then sts lol you have to remember my kids are gone so if I have a day off I have all day to exercise and clean house. I am off Wednesday and Friday. I only have part time job so I can get more time in.
It wasn't to bad actually.
Sounds like ART workouts are interesting! Those are the ones Eva was doing?

Hello!

Sorry I've been MIA this week, it's been busy. I see some ART chatter that I missed and a few questions, so I will come back later and see if I can answer those questions, and see what you all have been up to.

Take care,
Eva

Hi Eva yes I hope you can come back and into some questions!

I was a little smarter this morning and got up early and got a workout in. I did C&W premix 20 min or so upper body heavy wits. I'll be spending the afternoon looking at possible beach houses.

Hi Katie and Renee!

iLife c and w ! I need to do it again!

I did a three Nike walk today was all I did tomorrow us disk 5 sts !!

Hi Eva!! Yes we miss ur take on the workouts!!

Katie hope u come back soon

Melissa I hope u are doing well too. Have I started a Regan workout Teutons back up yet? I hope u get into it again soon

hi girls-- sorry I have been slow on posts. this week has been pretty brutal with the heat and no a/c, then with nygel starting school and getting ready for imala and alec to start next week, it has been crazy! on Wednesday alec and I rode around on city buses for three hours in the heat so that he would know where all his stops and transfers are for getting from his high school in Hopkins ( a suburb of mpls) to the university of mn. it was really a pain and a drag to spend the day that way, but I wanted to make sure he and I both felt confident that he knows what to do come Wednesday (his first day of both high school and the u). yesterday imala had her high school orientation at 8am, but alec is an ambassador at the school, so we had to be there by 7:30, and after all that still had nygel's schoolwork to get through. it is going to be a super busy year! this heat is supposed to leave by sunday, which will be just in time for our bday party for alec-- he is turning 17 on tuesday:eek:. still can't believe how the years fly by. anyway, I have still been getting up early and working out. Tuesday I just did 65 mins of yoga, but Wednesday I did supercuts plus yoga, yesterday I did pyramid Hiit plus some core work (at 4:45 in the morning-- and it was still in the 80s!). today I did AOLIH plus some of shiva rea yoga. sorry for the long ramble!

hope you are all doing well! renee, it sounds like you are doing so well with your jogging and sts! woo hoo!

hello eva! busy week for you too, huh? hope you get some quiet time soon!

ladylep-- how are things going for you? are you eating raw right now? how is school going with the boys?

tomorrow I am working all day-- 6 clients, which is my max these days-- and then sunday will be cleaning house and then getting ready for the party. tomorrow is at least my rest day, but not sure what I will do sunday-- need to plan a new rotation. at least the heat will be gone by then!

love and peace,

katie

Hello Everyone,
I've missed you guys. I've been really out of sorts schedule-wise this week so not a lot of workouts to report. Monday I did TA, Tuesday I did Powerstrike and a 2 mile walk. Nothing Wednesday (rest day) and Thursday (unintended rest day) and Friday I did TA. Thereotically I'm doing a rotation of TA Hipcentric and ART that was supposed to start this week with alternating workouts, but I did not succeed. Last week was an anomaly, so I'll be back on track today, which is ART upper body.

Katie and Ladylep, thanks for sharing those pics of your families a while ago. All of your children are absolutely beautiful! Seeing photos like that always makes me a wee bit sad that I don't have any kids. I don't have any on purpose, but having a family does seem like a pleasure. :)

Ladylep, congrats on your 1.8 pounds down! And, that's even more awesome considering you were not able to get all your workouts in. That must mean your eating is spot on, so kudos to you for that!! I'm happy to hear you've been eyeballing some ART workouts. I'm not really familiar with what Terri's got cooking on Youtube. She has a lot of things posted there, but I have a subscription to her website, which is $7 per month. She also lets people buy 1 workout for 24 hours for $1 on the site, which gives you a chance to see what a full workout is like...I think that's a good bargain. You could try doing the tech study workout that's on Youtube to get a sense of an important part of her workouts (which she calls a practice, like yoga). The tech study is the foundation of all ART workouts and that tutorial teaches you how to engage your active resistance points, which is a key element of her practice. It's a little confusing to explain, but her workouts are about balance, strength and flexibility. In that process of doing them you get a good cardio workout, and a very good strength and balance workout. They are unique and unlike anything I've ever seen before, which is why I'm loving them so much these days. If you have not done the tech study tutorial yet, FREE Intro to the A.R.T. Method | Technique Study Class | Online Fitness Classes - YouTube, you might want to start there. It's long, though, so you'll have to have an hour to get through it. It's very helpful too. I don't think Terri's workouts are best when you jump into them mid stream, as she has a lot of foundational elements that one needs to know to optimize her workouts. It's a little different than what a lot of workout instructors are doing.

I am still getting good results with her workouts. My waist is continuing to slim and so are my hips. My legs are getting more defined. I'm definitely leaning out all over, and my cellulite has been starting to budge again, which is nice. I think adding TA is going to keep me moving in the right direction too. I'm very, very pleased with my results right now. I did follow her food guidelines loosely, but I do eat some grains, which her eating plan excludes. Terri is grain and lactose free, so her "diet" follows those guidelines. I eat both of those, and don't want to be on a diet per se, so I did not really bother with that. For the ladies who did, they certainly lost more inches than I did, but that's fine with me.

Renee, congrats on getting back in the swing of things with your workouts! I hope your chiropractor is able to get you tip-top soon. I'm guessing from your post that your health insurance does not cover those visits? That would stink, our plan does. Is there a way they can cover your visits so that you can get the prescribed 3x per week? How do you like the STS workouts so far?

Katie, you are the queen for getting up at 4:45 to workout!! I tried that one day last week, managed to get up at 5 and do my workout, but I could not bear to do it two days in a row. I'm so lazy. I heard about your heat wave on the news here! It's so rare that it actually made national news.;) You guys have had some crazy weather out there this year, it seems. Sounds like things are picking up steam for you again as the kids go back to school. You must be getting excited (and nervous) for Alec to start his program. Happy Birthday to him!! How long will his days be with both high school and the music program? Good luck to Imala and Nygel next week. I hope their first week of school goes smoothly.

I hope you all enjoy the holiday weekend. My youngest sister is down for a visit so I'll be spending the weekend with her and my middle sister. It will be a blast.

Take care,
Eva

hi girls! will have to be another quick post from me, as I need to clean house and walk the dogs before alec's bday party. thank you for the birthday wishes for him, eva! it is so hard for me to believe that it was 17 years ago tomorrow that I was in labor with him (on labor day!). I have no idea where the time goes.

got up to cool weather this morning! yay! so nice to have the windows open and the curtains up! have been living like a vampire for almost a week in a dark, sticky house. anyway, so grateful it cooled off in time for the party. this morning I did hard strikes-- cardio plus conditioning-- and then 45 minutes of daily energy yoga. it was a nice sweat and I burned 595 calories. hopefully the walk will push that up a bit:)

renee-- so sorry I missed the fact that you have been dealing with pain again:( I am hoping you are feeling better and enjoying your sts/jogging rotation. any word on the new dvds?

eva-- that is so fantastic about your results with the ART workouts! how wonderful! I am happy for you. you probably deserved some unplanned days off! hope you had fun with your sisters!

ladylep-- hope you guys are enjoying a long weekend away from school activities:)

hello to Melissa, in case she is around!

also, I forgot to tell you all the great news about jameson! he was able to come home from the hospital about a week ago! such a little warrior! he has been able to nurse now and has already gained over a pound! my niece is still super nervous over every little breath he takes, but he gets nurse visits 2x a week and will have an apt with the cardiologist this week. so, so grateful that everything seems to be going great.

alright, better fly!

happy sunday!

peace,

katie

Hello Everyone,

Have a great party today, Katie! Kudos to you for getting your workouts in amidst all the party prep as well. Way to torch those calories! That's awesome and you've surely earned yourself a birthday treat too. ;) I was *just* going to ask about Jameson! I am so glad he's doing well. If he's nursing and gaining weight, he is well on the way to recovery. What a relief! I am still sending healing energy his way. I hope Ric's dad is on the mend too. Hopefully he's well enough to join the party today.

Today I did an ART upper body workout. Lots of plank work and some great combos in this one. It's an earlier workout that I keep coming back to. I love the online streaming that she has. There are dozens of workouts but I keep doing the same ones over and over again because they are a lot of fun.

Renee, I hope you're doing well. How's your neck doing? Did you get your leg workout in?

Ladylep, hope you are well! Are you guys planning anything fun for the holiday?

My visit with my sister yesterday was fun! We sent shopping and had drinks/dinner. It was a brief visit, but still nice. She's heading home today. I've got zero plans for today and tomorrow, which is lovely! I'm looking forward to lots of reading and knitting.:D:D

Take care,
Eva

Hi all! I went on river today with my friend and both my boys. It was fun but I am thinking the way you lay on the tube is what caused my neck to hurt!!! It's when u turn my head side to side.
No insurance isn't paying for the chiropractor !! I have tri care for NG so they won't even negotiate it.
I did get the legs wo in but it's time for it again but since we were on the river today I will do disk 6 tomorrow! I love these workouts because I am not repeating exercises and the weight it right on for me. I just hate taking a rest day cause I end up taking two in a week and that makes me behind on my running schedule. I am running 4 days and lifting 3 and yoga once but I haven't gotten an abs in yet.

Oh I was wondering has anyone of u gotten into true blood? I actually don't get HBO but love super nAtural shows so I actually got season one on DVD to try cause it was cheap! Well now I like it! I am wrapped I guess lol
Only thing I don't care for is everyone is always having sex lol but the other stuff I'd interesting to me.

Katie that is good news everyone is starting to get better!!

Eva that is awesome you are shrinking lol

Oh Katie the latest I heard is they are still waiting in masters to come back whatever that means. Then they never mention the greatest hits, well one has asked but they still haven't said what will be in it. Also they put the pics for the covers on fb not sure if u saw that or not. I guess just where I am excited to look at videos of them I am feeling it is taking longer this time but, they answered that to saying its the same as before, then of course someone told me I don't need to rush it, whatever lol
I wasn't rushing u was just excited but that's two times now, the last time preorders I asked a question I was told to stop asking same question more then once lol geez, so I won't even ask anymore!! Lol people are so eek at times!! Makes me laugh. What else can I do?

Hi all!

Katie- Have a great party and the cooler weather! Great news about little Jameson! Nursing and gained a pound? That's wonderful, what an answer to prayer! And a killer workout in too! Way to go!

Eva- At $7/month, I feel like I really want to try ART, but I should try the free one on you tube first. Enjoy your relaxed day with knitting and reading!

Renee- the river sounded like fun, sorry it caused you pain! Your workouts sound like they have been going really well! What is true blood about? I've never heard of it. We don't have HBO unless there is a free promo going on. I love scifi/fantasy stuff! But I prefer them PG13 or less.

We are in Stone Harbor for the week! I brought TTM, Rhythmic Step, Travel Fit, Intensity and one more Cathe that I forget right now, plus bikes. But we came down Saturday and spent the day with friends from our church and family Bible study/small group/life group all day: church in the morning (we have never been to church down here, it was really good! A non denominational church that always has guest speakers. Yesterday was the US chaplain of the US Senate!) then to the beach (but had to get out due to thunder) and then pizza dinner (I was good and only had 1 slice!) and the ice cream and rides. I missed the ice cream because Little K fell asleep in the car on the way there and continued to sleep on Hubby's lap through dinner, so I was feeding him. But then I ended up eating B's left overs. :( AND we got Johnson's caramel popcorn and ate way too much of it. I hope to get a bike ride or some work out in today! I also have 4 books that I'm reading: Nantucket Blue (young adult summer romance), Ever Crossed (young adult series, #4, romance, angels), Beautiful Creatures (not sure what this is about) and The Sword of Shannara (trilogy, my only adult book here, fantasy world stuff, elves, magic, find the sword,only one can weld it, kill the dark bad guy and save the world :) ) I started but slow going, taking a great to read Nantucket Blue.

Quick check in: no workout in but I tracked my food to a T today. Unfortunately, we went out for ice cream but I did get the kiddie size sundae without whipped cream and the cherry, never liked those. 2 more days and I'm out of my weekly allowance points, so I really need to get a workout in!

Finally got a bike ride in! With Little K on the back for 60 min. We did take one short water break and one longer playground bike. But I love riding my bike at the beach!!

I'm looking at the pre sale stuff and am really tempted to get the party rockin step since you can get basically two for the price of one! I was wondering what everyone else was getting? I have those two in my cart along with X10 and Crossfire, the 2 leg workouts look great but I just can justify spending that much. Those in my cart at my top four and get me free shipping.

I'm headed to the beach! Have a great day!

Lady Lep I preordered all of them!! I love every workout she puts out some I love but hate cause to hard for me but when I do them I love it. Yet hate doing it again cause its so hard like for me to the max and crossfire and intensity and tabasize those are my love hate DVDs! Lol I love step so I wanted them and so glad the greatest hits is step!! Gosh a lot of people are complaining about step and I am shocked really. I mean we need verity so I'm not sure y everyone seems to hate the step workouts lol. I can see that it may be hard if you have two left feet but really not sure why they seem to be soooo many na Sayers! Lol oh well I guess it's just the way it is at times. You can't please everyone.
I can't wait myself!!
I think u are doing good on exercising and eating! I ate an ice cream soft cone from mc Donald's for lunch two says last week!! It was good! And I budgeted it in but I think I been adding to much junk lol.

hi girls! in a hurry yet again as imala and alec should be texting me soon for a ride home. I am worn out as I could not sleep much last night with all the excitement of school starting for them. feeling tired and my tendonitis has been flaring up the last couple of days. it could be from my workouts. the hard strikes on Friday and yesterday I did the scrambled cardio premix from drillmax-- guess that really aggravated it:confused::(. today I took it easy for that reason and did chest shoulders and triceps premix from TBT, and then 52 minutes of surf yoga soul. now this afternoon, nygel and I took a long walk to the park and back and my ankle is complaining. will ice it and hope it is better tomorrow. today is alec's 17th bday! still cannot believe he is 17 and will be down at the university (I graduated from there so many years ago!). time flies by way too fast.

ladylep-- so glad you guys get to spend a week at the beach, and glad that you got a jog in! hope you guys enjoy your stay there and have nice weather. sounds like you are tracking your food really well:)

renee-- rik watched true blood and really likes it. I watched the first few eposodes with him but didn't care for it so much. we have all been watching merlin as a family lately and I really enjoy it, but we are on the very last season:(. it is the british/bbc series that I am talking about, not the American one. I wonder why some people are so uptight over ?s re: the new dvds? we are all just excited! I preordered all of them as well and am looking forward to some new workouts. I will say that I am not a big step fan when it comes to choreography-- just not that coordinated, I guess! I do like step like in TTM, AT and drillmax, though, where it is easy to follow and really cranks the heart rate up!

eva-- hope you had a nice quiet sunday and Monday! glad you had a good visit with your sister! thanks for asking about rik's stepdad-- he is doing great! he was actually here for alec's bday party. he is now up to taking two walks a day, so I would say he is pretty much healed:D

better get moving again! still have to shop for some items for alec's bday dinner.

blessings,

katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.