Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

me again! hello girls! wanted to post quick before nygel and I start going through his lessons for the day. my ankle is still bugging me:(, so I will do some upper body weights (bis tris and core) and yoga again today. hoping I can get back at cardio tomorrow, but will keep things all low impact for a while again. oh the joys of getting older and having flat feet:p.

I know Melissa and renee saw this on facebook, but wanted to post a pic of alec and imala after their first day of school.https://sphotos-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1185151_632268420138578_515178494_n.jpg
they both loved it, though today is the day alec heads out around 11 and buses to the U of M. I am still nervous for that, but hoping all will go well. he is there tonight until 5:15-- long days!

hoping you all are well!

hugs,

Katie

Katie. Oh no!!! Sorry about ur ankle! I am dealing with my neck still and elbow!! Grr
Very frustrating!! I am on week three of sts I think I have next week left before active recovery. I hope I heal up before starting meso 2. I am still jogging on most days as well and yesterday I made it to 4 miles!!! Whip hoo !! Lol.
Hope ur foot gets better soon!!

Katie-fun pic!! Hope your ankle feels better soon!

Renee- ran four miles! Wow!

Hi Eva!

I road the whole island today! 14 miles round trip!! Good thing too! I ate a ton and didn't track! :(. Hopefully the biking will help me maintain and not gain!

I was rewarded with this view at the end of Avalon:

Attachments

• image-1976817013.jpg
    image-1976817013.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 3
hi girls-- just about ready to drop as it has been a long day (and long week!) but wanted to check in. my ankle is still bugging me, but I did do CSS today and 40 minutes of yoga. some moves seemed to aggravate it more than others, but it isn't as bad as it was yesterday and the day before. yesterday I did BS bis, back and core plus 50 minutes of yoga. still trying to keep some calories burning, even if I can't do very high intensity right now. not sure what I will do tomorrow, but it will have to be short, as nygel has an early lesson and then I am headed to the high school where imala is playing steel drums:). the kids are doing great, but I know alec and imala are pretty tired-- alec especially, as he was gone all day yesterday until 6pm and then at the high school this morning only to leave for the U and have a violin lesson there followed by a violin performance class. he came home and did AP Lit homework and now is upstairs practicing again. these guys are sure determined! happy for everybody, though.

renee-- I hope your neck and elbow feel better soon! I told imala I am like an old woman. my right ankle is shot, my right forearm feels sore/tweaked, and my left rotator cuff hurts on and off.:eek: congrats on the 4 miles!! that is fantastic!

ladylep-- that picture sure looks gorgeous! hope you are having a great time-- way to bike off those calories!

hello eva! hope you are well!

hello Melissa, too;)

good night everyone,

katie

Renee wanted me to post this:

Re: I left this message on FB as well Quote:
Originally Posted by janiejoey
I saw your post that says "I Can't breath". And read some of the posts. It sounds like something horrible happened. Giving you prayers and hugs.

Love you Sweetie,

Janie

Jane my baby got in a wreck last night, he didn't make it. Please tell others for me and the thread to the Mac also. I can't yet.

Sorry you guys giving you bad news like this, but Renee wanted you all to know.

Janie

Last edited:
renee-- I had a conversation with your sister on fb, but I just wanted to come on here and tell you that words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss. I cannot even imagine the pain of what you are going though right now. if there is anything I can do to help from all these miles away, please let me know. please also know that I am thinking of you and your family and praying for you all. please take care of yourself.

holding you in love and light,

peace,

katie

Renee-

So sorry for your loss! I can't even imagine. Take care of your self. We will be here when you are ready to come back.

Hello All,
OMG, I just logged in after being away for several days and I am just speechless. Words cannot express how sorry I am for you Renee. Please know that I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I am so, so sorry.

Eva

Katie,
Have you heard anything more about Renee from her sister? I can't stop thinking about what happened to her son and am very worried about her. It's so freakin sad. :(
I hope your ankle is on the mend.

Hi Ladylep - I hope you are doing well.

Take care,
Eva

hi eva-- I have not heard anything, though renee did post a picture of her son, ryan, and a video that his brother made as a tribute to him. I still cannot believe it-- it is too horrible to even imagine such a thing happening. I think she has a pretty good support system from the looks of her page on facebook, thank god, as I don't know how one would ever go about moving on and living after such a loss, though I know people do. anyway, I am guessing it will be some time before we hear from renee. hope you are doing well. I was thinking the same thing, though, last night when a bout of insomnia had me.

my ankle has been better, but I have been staying away from all impact and step, which is a big bummer. today I did burn sets chest back and shoulders plus a half hour of yoga, did AOLIH floor and disc section and sunday did afterburn. will probably do kick max low impact premix tomorrow, more weights on Thursday and CSS or supercuts on Friday. it is hard not doing the impact as I like it, but I am really trying to have this heal so it doesn't flare up again anytime soon.

hello ladylep, hope you are well.

hello Melissa, if you are here somewhere.

praying for healing for renee and health and happiness for everyone. such a deeply sad time.

peace,

katie

Hi-

I felt weird sharing workout and food stuff with more serious stuff going on with Renee...how old was her son?

I've been sort of doing the Sept. rotation (but not committing to it): I did the 4Day Higher Intensity Step yesterday and a 30 min. Walk with my neighbor this morning, and we plan on doing it again Thursday morning. Tomorrow, hopefully I'll wake up at 5:30 and get 4Day Boot camp in. Food wise, I'm trying to get back into less sweets/not tracking since being back from vacation. Weight watchers tomorrow night, hopefully I'll do well.

I ordered Rockin Step, X10 and Crossfire last night!

Hi Eva, Renee and Katie!

Hello,

Thanks for the update, Katie, both on Renee and on you.

I did find Renee's Facebook page and saw the video that you mentioned. I think that's what made it even more horrible to think about. What a vibrant young man. It just breaks my heart to think about it. Ladylep, I think he was 23 or so, very young. Too young. From what I can deduce, this is the son that was living at home with Renee and her husband until relatively recently. The one she worried about a lot. :( Ok, I'm getting very weepy about this now.

Ladylep, good luck at your WW meeting tonight and congrats on getting your workouts in. Walking with your neighbor sounds like a great way to stay on track...a buddy system is so good for accountability...that's why I check in with you gals! ;)

Katie, I'm glad to hear you're resting up your ankle. I know it's hard for you to do, so I commend you on listening to your body. Hopefully you'll be back up and running sooner than later. As hard as it is to take a break, hopefully it means you won't be wrestling with this again any time soon.

I'm still plugging away at my ART and TA rotation, which is going pretty well for me. I am liking the workouts and find them complementary. Unfortunately I'm in a cardio slump, but that happens to me...nothing cardio-wise is appealing to me for some reason. I'm just going to do my best and keep moving. I have two DVDs I'm eyeballing that might help, one is the new Patrick Goudeau kickbox workout, and the other is a hi-lo workout by some instructor I've never heard of, but I've had it on my radar forever and it looks like fun.

I cancelled my Cathe pre-order, so I won't be getting any of those DVDs.

Thinking of you and your family now, Renee. My heart goes out to you.

Take care everyone,
Eva

eva-- I am glad you were able to find renee on facebook. it is so, so heartbreaking. I think you are right about which son this was, too.

I am sure renee knows that we are all thinking of her and sending her our love. still cannot imagine going through such a thing, but am hoping she was a wonderful support system. I think by talking with each other we are at least sending that positive energy out there, and hopefully it is helping in some way. I know how much I appreciated all of you when my mother passed away.

ladylep-- good luck at your meeting! new workouts are always so exciting, too! hope you enjoy them. I do love to hate crossfire, but am having to stay away from that one right now.

eva-- I have been in those slumps, as well, but sounds like I do the same thing you do and just push through it. hope you find something that is interesting.

I did kick max low impact cardio today and then 35 minutes of yoga. thinking tomorrow will be more upper body weights.

always sending you love, renee.

peace,

katie

and forgot to thank eva. thanks for your kind words of support. this is a major bummer to not be able to do the workouts I want to do-- but at least I can do low impact. glad someone else understands-- I figured you would:)

take care everyone,

katie

Hello Everyone,

I did a search to see if I could figure out where/when the funeral for Ryan was being held, but I could not find anything posted yet. I'd like to send flowers. Here's what I did find, though, Obituary For: Ryan Chadrick Sizemore | Kornegay Funeral Home. I'll keep my eyes opened and I'll post it here for you too if I see more information.

Katie, I saw this post yesterday on the VF boards and of course I thought of you, Portland Home Massage: What People Really Look Like. It was posted in another article that was ranting about how women's bodies are portrayed so unrealistically in the fitness industry media. I found this very touching and centering, and thought I would share it with you ladies here. :)

Ladylep, I hope your WW meeting went smoothly. I commend you again for staying committed to going and taking that each day at a time with everything you have going on. It must be back to being pretty crazy for you with the boys being back in school. While my summer seems to have gone by at a normal pace, if I think about you and Katie, it seems to have flown by because you both are back to your very, very, very busy lives!

Katie, thanks for taking the time to post your thank you. That was sweet and bought a smile and warmth to me today. I am just starting to get very zen about the whole bada$$ workout thing, as you all have watched my progress there. I am just in a totally different space with my workouts right now. I take each day as it comes. :D I'm just happy and proud of myself that I am consistently exercising, and I hope you are too...that said, I'm sorry that an injury is what is dialing it down for you. But you have to listen to your body.

Melissa, I thought of you today and I hope you are well...even if you're not reading posts, I'm sending you a greeting and a smile. :D:D:D (make that three smiles)

Renee, I am sending you and your family a big hug, Sweetie.

Yesterday was a rest day for me, but today I've got TA in the queue.

Eva

Hi, Katie and Ladylep, I hope you are both doing OK.

Renee, I'm thinking of you and sending you and your family much love and peace.

Yesterday I did TA Hipcentric Day 8 and 30 minutes of Athletic Step. Today I was craving another Cathe fix and did KickMax...although I did not do the leg drills at the end since I ran out of time, but I started with the blast to make sure I did not chicken out. I'm pleasantly surprised that my cardio endurance is staying the same even though I'm not doing as many crazy hard workouts. I try to get one in once a week, but even though I've been slacking on that, I am still hanging in there. ART is definitely cardio intensive, but not as much as Tabatacise or Intensity or some of Cathe's super hard workouts.

Take care,
Eva

Hi Eva, I'm just amazing at what can get in!

Katie- I hope your ankle is getting better!

Renee-I hope you are doing better than expected.

I met with my neighbor for a walk yesterday morning and did 4D low intensity step this morning. Tomorrow I hope to get in 4D Kickboxing, than I will have all of them in a week! I'm not sure what I'll do next week, I only have imax2 out of the workouts listed. But the format is legs, bike/walk, biceps and abs, bike/walk, chest shoulders triceps, IMAX 2. So I guess I could do any of these: butt and guts or gym style legs XTrain legs. I'd have t look at the suggested DVD. And then walk with my neighbor T/Th and then do XTrain for weights. But just got Crossfire yesterday so I may have to replace something in there with that one.

Have a great weekend!

hi girls. sorry have been off the boards for a bit-- just the usual crazy busy that is the norm with our schedules these days. I am so happy that things are going well for all the kids, but their schedules are super intense. alec especially, but it is so great to hear him come home at night and talk about how he loves playing in the orchestra-- yesterday they played Elgar's nimrod and I think he totally loved it. they will be doing Mahler symphony 2 and Tchaikovsky and I believe Shostakovich as well. it is a heavy duty orchestra program at the U. anyway, he is really into it and his classes and lessons there, so it makes the long hours worth it. meanwhile imala is loving high school and is waiting to hear back about an audition. nygel started cello choir this year as well. in another hour I am bringing imala and nygel to their string quartet rehearsal which is 9-12 and then imala will have violin from 1-3-- long Saturdays!

yesterday I was in a huge time crunch and so got in CSS and a walk later in the day. my ankle is feeling good so I may try the less impact version of CF on sunday. today is my rest day. Thursday I did burn sets bis and tris plus core 1 and hour of yoga. my muscles are feeling the weight work this week. oh, and the kickmax leg drills from Wednesday!:eek:

renee--sending you lots of love and prayers for strength.

eva-- thank you! you are always so kind and supportive:). thanks for looking up the info on ryan as well. still thinking so much of renee and her family. I hope she is able to check in and at least gain some strength from all the cathletes who are sending her prayers. thank you for the beautiful article as well! I sent that along to my sister. that was wonderful. sounds like your cardio capacity is as great as ever:). I like to do the blasts first, too, when I am in my normal routine. weds I skipped the blasts and did the kickmax drills and the legs-- still a great workout. hope you are having a nice weekend!

ladylep-- way to go on getting your workouts in! you will have to let us know what you think of crossfire. I am missing that one but hope the less impact will work for me still. hope you have a nice weekend as well!

better get moving!

hugs,

katie

Greetings,
Ladylep and Katie, I hope you had a good weekend.

Renee, it was good to hear from you on the main board. I think of you often.

Let's see, Saturday I did an ART upper body workout and TA MS day 9. Sunday was TA dance cardio and MS day 10. Today I had to work late and took a rest day.

Tomorrow I move on to TA Level 2 Day 1. I'm doing Meta, where she gives you a new "muscular structure" workout every 10 days for 90 days. I am going to switch it up a little bit and do 2 days of TA, one day or ART, 2 days of TA, one day of ART, or something like that. The next 10 days of TA are very hip and glute intensive. It looks like a bun burner for sure.

I also got some new workouts today, Shaun T Rockin Body. I plan to use these are cardio on MS days with TA.

Have you guys see the clips for the new Cathe workouts. I like the legs workout that was posted today. The step ones look ok. I liked the dancy one better than the other one. The X10 is *not* for me. So far I'm only going to download 2 of these...and I'll probably wait for a bit since I just got a bunch of new workouts in the last week.

Take care,
Eva

UGI

Terri Walsh (ART) has been putting out UGI workouts lately. I think I'm going to get one of these at some point... here is a clip, Watch this! | Ugi Fitness. These are not ART workouts, but it shows you what it is and some ideas on how to use it. They come in different weights. I'll probably get a 10 or 12 pound one.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.