STS first time!

Good morning.....got up this morning did 45 minutes on treadmill....and now Tim and I are heading to Tallahassee....gonna hit Marshalls, Bed Bath and beyond.....and no telling what else......fun fun!!!

Toninght I'm doing great glutes....gotta toast my butt!!!! Bahahaha

Have a lovely saturday!!! Check back with all my good finds!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Good Morning. Today is cloudy and going up to 33. Today I did Pure Strength Bi, Back and abs. I have some upper body doms from Uy .

Missy Have a good day of shopping.

Betty I hope you are doing o.k. You haven't written much lately.

Carolyn It sounds like you had a good day shopping. Is that the friend that you normally go shopping with in the evenings and have dinner?

Hi friends. Thanks for your concern. I'm improving, thank goodness. Don't want to feel another burning sensation ever again. I've not yet purchased the cranberry pills since I'm shopping around for decent quality. I've still been sipping the juice.
Carolyn, I think you're right about once it's full-blown. I can see that it seems to take something very strong to kill it because early on with the med my urine (sorry, tmi) was still so cloudy.
Dh would never go to the doctor. It was just a migraine yesterday, thank heavens. I was dreading another wipe-down-every-surface-every-few-minutes situation.
I do like perusing second-hand stores! That sounded like a lot of fun.
Too bad your back isn't improving after a crack. Tell us the details of the chiro.

Missy, enjoy your shopping day! That sounds fun too! May you find tons!

I have been wasting a lot of time watching Silk. 1.5 more episodes left. Jean, I like the series, especially the leading lady. It gives you insight on the legal process across the pond. They have to wear silly wigs and robes! I'm learning some English terms too. RPJ is only smoldering in Persuasion, incidentally. I've not enjoyed him as much in MI-5 or subsequent movies and such. He is good-looking nonetheless.
You are rocking the UB workouts!

I'm cold! It's warmer outdoors but super gusty so it makes indoors cold. Hate it.
My shoulder continues to twinge painfully, esp if I accidentally reach too far out that way.
Made french toast as the brunch bread. Have not made it in ages since I make belgian waffles more often.

Hello Everyone,

Sorry to be mia lately, I have just had the usual stuff going on. Still trying to regulate dd's levels, they started going too high so the dr. increased her insulin, then last night they kept going too low. I hate not understanding what is going on. We go back for an actual dr. visit next week and I am writing down all my questions.

I started the last week of meso 3 today. I really had to work to lift the heavy weights today. I am not sure what I will do after this.

Betty, how annoying about the uti but I am glad you got some meds and they seem to be working. I hope that the cranberry pills can be preventative. I got a few utis many years ago and I still remember that burning feeling.

Carolyn, so did the chiro help your back? Will you go back again? It seems odd that you would be sore after the visit, I would hope you would be feeling better. I hope you put the ice pack in the freezer!

I had my last pt appt yesterday, only because I used up the number of visits that the ortho had specified. I would have to go back to him to get more visits and I do not want to waste my time. My pt gave me some exercises to do at home so I am happy with that. The problem with this injury is my hamstrings are really tight but the tendon is irritated, so if I stretch too much or overuse my hamstring, it reinflames the tendon, that is why it is taking so long to heal. But I do have some improvement so I will continue with what I have been doing.

I was out with dd earlier and we popped into marshalls, they had bathing suits! Nothing I want to try on now!

Hello there.....so we shopped.... we went to breakfast....and decided to make our way to tally! Went to marshalls and I found an awesome Nike strappy sports bra and a cute pair of kyodan shorts!!! I was super excited!!!! :eek:

We then went o became bath and beyond.... first I must tell you.....I'm a ice freak.... I drink everything on ice..... so I found some tiny ice ice trays.....omg....there freaking awesome!!!!! Also, got..... a breville juicing machine....(tim....wants to incorporate more fruits and veggies into his diet, and he doesn't eat them like I do) so its basically for him.....he needs to lose 15-20 PDS....he struggles with his blood pressure....and he had to get his dot physical Friday.....and they would only give him 3 months.....so he has to go back in 3 months.....hopefully he can get his blood pressure under control with diet.....fingers crossed! We shall see how this juicing thing goes for him..... he actually is in bed with a migraine right now..... :confused: my poor baby!

We did go to publix and got groceries.....we got subs for lunch and then went to a park and had a picnic lunch....it was so fun! We never do things like that.....so it was really enjoyable! :D

I came home and did great glutes and then made the energy balls....omg....they are awesome!!!! I can say I will be addicted!

Hope everyone has a lovely evening!!!!

Carolyn....hope your back feels better....in my experience with my chiro....I sm sore sometimes the evening of and maybe next day.....but that's normally cause I wit I long to go I am way out of alignment.... I always get ultrasound therapy on area after a adjustment....did they do anything like that??

Mary....writting questions down is the only way to make sure you gett ALL your questions answered....I m very forgetful..... so its a must! Hope you get some answers to help with the sugar levels.....

Must finish a few chores.... check back later!!!!

Quick check in to say my mom and I did LL&A after work today. She loved it! And did awesome as always :)

I'm bloated and craving chocolate.. never a good combo!

Did I check in yesterday? I did CSS. Hoping to get up early tomorrow but 4:30 comes so early.

Have a great evening everyone!

Carolyn, your body is telling you to just chill and do nothing. Don't feel bad.

Mary, great to hear your update.
There's nothing like the sight of the doctor to make all my questions vanish, so definitely write everything down and ask. Nothing is too inconsequential.

Missy, how fun your day sounded! Goodness you got a lot into your day. I'm a slug by comparison.
I rarely see Nike sports bras! Does yours have the Nike name on the straps?
A juicer sounds awesome. I'm sure it'll work for Tim. It's a worthwhile investment, esp to load up on fruits and veggies.

Marie, how great to share and enjoy LL&A with your mom!

My stomach hangage is getting larger!:p

Good morning! Up bright and early and on the treadmill.....I just put a load of laundry in washer, so it will be ready for dryer when I'm done with my cardio! Just ate an energy ball to fuel my workout!!!! He he he

Betty...the bra was purple with bra like adjustable straps and I think it said just do it on both straps.....it is very comfy and when I tried it on in the dressing room and ran in place it keeps my girls still.....hehehe They only had one....too baf.....I would have bought more if they had them....that's how comfy it was....oh well that's what good ole eBay is for....lol

Carolyn....hope you back is feeling better!!!!

Marie....I just love CSS....its on of my favorites!!!!

Okay....better pick up my pace.....

Check back in a bit!

Good morning! Sunny and windy. Loathe the wind and cold. Had a huge brunch with belgian waffles.
Ironic, isn't it? I'm working out 5x now instead of 3 yet nothing seems to have changed weight-wise. Chalk it up to subconsciously fattening up for this cold. I do know that I move a LOT less now that my kids are older! All that bustling about and running around adds up to calories! Instead, I'm more sedentary!:confused: Also, my filter that tells me when to stop eating seems to be broken!

Carolyn, take it easy on your workout! Don't have a setback! (Pun!:D)
At least dh's meal is oatmeal. Load it up with nuts and protein powder. So many people think that if you skip one meal you lose weight! Especially skipping the breakfast one! It kills me. Don't they know you scarf up the calories at dinner? Do you or he pack up something for him to snack on at the shop? I tell dh to snack on the nuts and dried fruits I give him, instead of going without until dinner but, just like supplements, it's totally ignored.

Missy, I love my sports bras that have the adjustable straps and hooks in back. I found two last year from the Balance collection or something. Not only that, it comes with light padding discs, which I love! I hate that sports bra are one thin layer and they flatten the heck out of you.

Any ideas on what kind of stretching I can do for my shoulders? Removing tops or hooking bras are a painful ordeal.:confused: This is what I get for working out 5 days a week. Exercise-related injuries.:confused:

Rotator Cuff and Shoulder Conditioning Program-OrthoInfo - AAOS

Betty here are some stretches for your shoulder.
Have you thought about going back to m,w,f, Cathe dvd's and tu and thur spin bike? Did you ever go to the Dr about that shoulder? I waited too long and now all they see is arthritis. My left arm is so weak compared to my right.

Carolyn did you get a w/o in today? What is your husband doing for superbowl? Do you and the wives and kids ever do anything while they are watching football?

No w/o for me today. My throat is hoarse and I didn't feel 100%. I really could have done something but used this as an excuse. Todays move was "The Lone Ranger". It was kind of far fetched but I love spending time in bed with Johnny Depp. ;)

I have 2 loads of laundry to finish.

Carolyn, I just noticed you posted #9400. Imagine! Soon we'll be at 10,000! We've got to hold the longest record! We should win a prize or something.;)
You guys bring these puns out in me. They just roll out and then I realize it's a pun.:D
That's hysterical how you put on your bra.

Jean, thanks for that chart. It looks like something PT people would give as standard exercises. I recognize some that my sis and s-i-l have done.
I haven't gone to the doc; that would be signaling to dh a real injury! It's strain and inflammation, I guess. I'll see if it improves. I might continue this pace but sub gentle stuff like non-power yoga for Thursdays.
I'm waiting for that movie but with less than bated breath.
I hope your throat is better and it's not a cold.

Good morning....why does the weekend go so fast??? I just want an extra day....

I watched a really good movie on netflix.... Safe Haven..... you have to watch it....its sooooo good!!!! I watched it saturday night....I was bundled under a blanket with Mr Boots in t he recliner....relaxing time!

Saturdays high was 50 I think....they predicted it was to get to 60 but it didn't....in tally I think it got to 55.

I'm ready for a nice hot day!!!

Yesterday I did some yard work and we burned all the limbs that had fell....my legs were so sore after 3 hrs in the yard.... so that was my workout....

Today....is afterburn....that's my evening workout!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely monday! And stay warm!

Good morning! I'm thinking Step Greatest Hits shortly. That ought to be fun! And maybe LL&A tomorrow; time for some LB conditioning, which is long overdue.

Missy, I've seen Safe Haven. It was cute. All Nicholas Sparks movies are so similar.

A lot of you have been quiet all weekend. Come back in!:rolleyes:

bbl

Happy Monday - Not! So hard to get up this morning! I agree, the weekend went by too fast.

I did LL&abs this morning. I don't do the compound leg section so I wish the chair part was longer. I don't think I mentioned it but I did some of Legs and Glutes last week, and then tacked on the abs from KPC. My abs must be really weak because I had doms all weekend from that one.

I have not done the Lastics dvd yet. I started it but it felt like a workout and my arms were sore from sts. I will try to do it next week after sts is over.

Betty, what does the baking soda do? I know it is a deodorizer, but does it do something else?

Carolyn, I'm glad your back is feeling better.

Hi Everyone. Today I did Uy cardio. That was really fun. I was afraid of what it was going to be like but it wasn't too hard. No dread factor.
I'm going to the grocery store today and do more laundry.
I hook my bra in the front and then turn it around like Carolyn. I thought that was the only way to do it.
I watched Safe Haven a few weeks ago. It was a good movie.

Holy smokes! What a fun workout! I did Timesaver #4. Only my second time so it was fresh. The cardio is intense, the music so motivating! Cathe was so perky and funny on SJP.
Carolyn, did you sell this one? If so, too bad. Mary and Marie have it, right? One thing, though. I do not know the Athletic Step one.:eek: Never bothered to learn the workout. Time to pull it out. It's Step Moves that I'd probably dislike.

Mary, I only know it deodorizes.:D The act of vacuuming it out will do my mattress good too.
Nice job with those workouts last week and today. Definitely fun ones. I did KPC last week too incl the abs section, which was refreshingly different.

Jean, hysterical that you hook your bra that way too. I've never heard of that and it never crossed my mind to do it that way. Might have to switch to this for my disabled shoulders.

Waiting for oatmeal to cook..... My windows are wet so it's doing something outside.:confused:

Carolyn, is your LL on VHS? I can't do old stuff, from the blurriness of pre-HD to the hair and clothes.
You should take a nap from the drowsiness following a warm shower.
Off to hit the shower then some laundry and vacuuming.

Morning :)

I did CF this morning! DS is the best! He woke up right after I got done showering. Perfect timing ;) DH is off school today because it's negative 16 (how do you like that Missy ;)) It's a stay-at-home pj day! Love these days. Our nieces are off school today so there are coming over around 1 when their mom heads to work. Fun day ahead. The hard part is staying out of the fridge. Half the reason I like to stay busy is so I don't munch all day. I had a couple eggs with cheese this morning and I'm drinking my coffee now. Oh I gave up creamer btw. I used the super yummy flavored stuff. Hoping I'll automatically lose a few lbs just by doing that. Ok I'll check in later. DS wants to play.

Marie, I noticed you switched to referring to B as ds! Welcome to the club!;):D
Thought of you when I stumbled through AS earlier.
I could never give up my half & half and sweetener in my coffee. That's why I only drink it occasionally. Looking forward to dh's fresh-brewed pot tomorrow.;)
Super job on CF!
Minus 16 is soooo depressing! But it's cozy to hear you'll all be inside all day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.