STS CHECK IN DISC 2

Alright, I'll order the tubing! I was going to wait for the tower, using my husbands coat rack, errrrr I mean Total Gym, to get the motion. I tried it today and it felt good but not overly challenging. I really want to get the most out of this!

I'm a few days ahead of you but can't wait for your feed back on disc 3....My, following that legs workout with Scrambled Eggs (Drill Max) the next day has me legs still barking at me!. (3 Days later!) What's on the schedule tomorrow? Oh yah...Low Max!

Seriously, I LOVE all you have put into this series. You have put out many fantastic workouts but this one shows that you are miles above any other workout options. People ask me where I workout and I always say,"At home with Cathe, Check her out!"

Thank you for all the hard work!

I am on week 3 of STS, disc 8. I started using my weighted gloves in Week 2 and the little extra is making a big difference. I am really enjoying the workout and I spend everyday reviewing the next one to do. My only regret is that I don't have anything to do chin ups other than the tubing. The one I use doesn't seem to be giving me the burn that I should be feeling. So I am in search of a heavier one or a pull up bar.

Cathe - I will need to purchase the red tubing as I am embarassed to admit that I can't do one pull-up! I can do a few chins, but I swing my legs and it's just a pretty ugly sight all around.

I loved reading your post. I didn't even need to wait for the next day for my muscle soreness after this week's 'fight' with STS Disc 2 - my back. I hear you on the "LATS!," but, for me, the word of the day was triceps! My entire back was on fire, but particularly the back of my arms!!!! Oh my goodness! Love the one arm overhead tricep extensions and the side lying one arm pushups at the very end. (The variety that gives a wide range of motion are killer!!!)

Every time I think - Disc 1 is the toughest endurance workout ever! - I try disc 2 and change my mind. Today was disc 3 and my calves and glutes are already feeling it! I love it - I know it's working!!!

Thanks so much for your write up - I love your check-ins - they are informative, funny, and a joy to read. :)

Can't wait to hear what you say after doing disc 3!!

Last edited:
I did disc 2 today! Wow I am feeling it already. It is amazing although the workouts don't seem all that difficult because the time flies by but within a few hours I am pain. My abs still hurt from Monday!!

Hi Cathe and gang!

My STS Mesocycle 1 Disc 2 Wk 1-

I could do all the reps and types of exercises with the exception of chinups and pullups. I don't have the equipment for those, I did order Cathe's red band that can be used on the door. It should arrive soon though. The ones that killed me were the bonuses for the flat bench barbell triceps extensions. I know I'll likely still feel those tomorrow:p.

I was able to comfortably lift my 60% of my 1RM. So that's good, but I'm not sure if I can ever do the 1RM that has been calculated. Maybe, after completing 3 1/2 months of STS. I certainly hope so, I'm really excited to see what my results will be after 3 1/2 months of STS. I really love the pace of the workouts thus far and the workout cards are great so you can see what your in for that day and the equipment you'll need to have ready and handy. Its awesome!!!

Today I did:
CC V.1 2.45 miles=39 min, 75%-80% of MHR= 133 BPM, 85% MHR-2 min=142BPM.

STS- Meso 1 Disc 2 - back and triceps=56 min

Butts & Guts= Just Core only= 14 min.

That's it for me today! Boy, am I going to sleep well tonight:p I feel great after the workout and I don't feel any soreness right now. I know I had no DOMS from Disc 1's workout, so that's good. I think today's workout was challenging and fun. I always love a good challenge and Cathe does most definitely deliver and then some. I hope everyone had a great STS workout today. Remember, eye of the tiger type stuff your stronger than you think. :D

Thanks Cathe for another awesome workout today.

Hugs!:D

Nora

Last edited:
STS M1, W1, D2 (pushups...now - bands: yeowza)

Oooohwieee D2 - had to stretch out this am before warmup/workout...It was all good once I got started and I gotta tell ya - bands have never been a favorite :eek: - me rather do the pushups, ha maybe not ;-)

Still waiting on the pullup tower, used the door tubing (sad excuse:confused: not Cathe's...have to fix that).

Once again, I enjoyed reading your post - it's so much fun & I look forward to hearing your comments (so funny and just like one of us girls). Maybe we need to pick a song of the day/week to reflect the challenge:rolleyes: ...

The side lying one arm push-ups are incredibly hard. Especially the version where you put your hand on top of your shoulder. That seriously increases the range of motion...singing "she's going down down down down"...ha. Well, I did make it back up (once, ha).

Alrighty be checking-in on Friday!
♪ Cyndi ♪

Last edited:
another one bites the dust! just finished disc 2! all I can say is YOWZA! my tri's are fried, and my back is feeling nice and toasty! I am already seeing a change in my back! my bra is not as snug and I am losing those back rolls over the top of the bra strap! and gotta love the IBT committee as I am becomming an honorary member again! that happens to be the 2nd place I lose most of my weight in the beginning!

As far as the chin/pull ups... I got one of the 15# resistance bands with the door attachment, but it's too far to reach from the floor and a stability ball is just a bit too high and I don't get the same intensity... I still need to find something in between... maybe a small footstool or something...

So far LOVE STS, but I have definate DREAD factor for disc 3 legs... that one killed me the first time through and had to "wee-wee" standing up because the hard toilet seat was just too painful! hoping I have made some definate gains since then!

see y'all friday!

Well, I'm just sneaking in here, starting to feel left out, :p

I did disk 8 today, getting to know the flow of the workouts really keeps the pace moving with so few pauses. The workout flew buy today, then i did med ball abs.

but really just wanted to say the enablers are out in force these days, all this talk about needing the red band, so I just orderd the Red Cathe tube, I even paid the higher than walmart shipping because I know I'll get it faster from Cathe. I have a heavy purple from another company, but now I just have to find out if the red is better. I'm hoping to have it before week 4 back workout.

Someone mentioned doubling up the bands, I'll give that a shot too.

It's week 3 for me and I'm definitely feeling harder muscles and strentgth gains, can't say enough how much i love this workout.

Hello Cathe and everyone else.

DH and I did Disc 2 tonight. I loved it! I am also needing to find the right substitutions for the pull-ups until the Cathe tower is out. I may try the red band by Cathe as well. Tonight, we just doubled up the band and did lat pull downs each time. I know my back would have been fried if I were attempting a pull-up of some sort!
We are still working on the pacing of the workouts. Tonight, my 5 month old daughter did not want her mommy and daddy to work out! We kept having to pause so we could console her. It is definitely harder to get an un-interrupted workout in with a baby! Maybe it will go better for Legs. She is worth it though:). Thanks for checking in with us Cathe!!

I must say this workout was not as tough as Disc 1 that we did on Monday. My 1RM's were right on and I was pushing it at the end of each exercise. I did not do any pullups and chinups though. I don't have the equipment and I really don't think I have it in me to do those. I did have tubing that came with a strap. (Not Cathe's.) I never knew what the strap was for until Cathe showed us. I was able to use the strap without the tubing and used Cathe's Blue Band instead. Do you think that was good or should I just not use anything until I get your red tubing? It was challenging and hard but I want to make sure it is a good thing to do.
I love STS and how fast it goes by. I am really not looking forward to Disc3 and I am still sore from Monday and I know I'll be sore tomorrow because I can feel it already.
Great working out with you all and I love reading about everyone's experiences.

Veronika

Hello Cathe and all,

Just finished disc 2. No one told me the hardest part was getting back up from the bench. My abs are so sore from Monday. I thought I would have to pause so I could role off the bench. I'm glad I started over. Originally I didn't have time for cardio and abs, but now I'm making time. I really want to get the most benefit from sts so I want to do it just as Cathe has layed out.

Joan

Hi Cathe, disc 2 is going better (becouse the push ups was fewer than disc1 ah aha ah), only in 1 exercise I wasn't able to lift the wait of my 1rm, but I'm really satisfied, my triceps aren't so strong but I can do all the work. I made the exercise for the back with the barbell (deadlift) instead of the dumbells becouse I don't have the havy weight yet (I ordered them and I'm still waiting), but I think is fine the same. I have an homemade chin up I thought when I pre ordered sts to buy a professional one, but now after this I think that my chin up is enough, I can believe how much this exercise is hard, very very hard.
anyway I feel the work in my back so I know I made a good job. Now I'm tremble with the tought to do disc 3 LEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao a tutte

an,

Im glad to hear that Im not the only one still dying from abs on Monday! I was honestly thinking I should probably hand this up if I am in this much pain after day one.

Julie

Hi Cathe,
I am supposed to be starting week 3. But I am forced into taking a rest week, I am sick! Should I pick up where I left off once I'm well, or do you think I should start over so my mesocycle is not interrupted?

Annie

Annie hope you feel better.

I too am in week 3 and also got sick. I was thinking of asking the same question.

Jenn

Good morning

Hi All,

I decided to switch up the rotation a bit to add more lower body each week because I'm really wanting to lean that part of my body out. So I did the first Plyo Legs routine....WHOA WOWSA!! LOVE that type of workout!!! Ouch! I have been sore this week...my shoulders and my butt/hamstrings. In fact I seem to be more sore from the workouts than the first time I went through them...although I'm using the same weights...wierd! I'm thinking since I know the routines I am focusing more on my form which is a good thing.

Cathe, thanks so much for your input on using the right resistance of tubing. I'm going to order your red fitness tube because the one I am using is not giving me enough challenge. I haven't been able to use my regular pull-up bar since I'm working out in a different location which has had me bummed out. I think I'm also going to get some squat stands ordered and figure I can use that as a pull-up bar as well.

Have a great day!

Cheryl

Hi Cathe. I love reading your reactions to STS as you experience it with us! Disk 2 was definitely a challenge...pull ups are killer! I really felt my triceps after this one. These workouts seem to just fly by for me! I love them.

I have to honestly say that if you are not going to do pull ups of any kind (horizonatal or vertical) you need to find challenging elastic tubing for this program. Not just "good enough" tubing, you need challenging tubing that gives you full range of motion and a challenging resistance all in one. But don't totally dismiss pull ups from your future. They are one exercise that every back deserves :D

Cathe, I agree with you on this! DH was using the pull-up bar, so I substituted the red tubing and found it way too easy. I'm going to assemble my Valor squat rack, throw a bar across it, and pull up that way (the variation you show in the video). I just don't think that the tubing was challenging enough. I even tried doubling it, but that didn't work well.

Feedback from my husband: He likes that there are so many pull-ups and push-ups in this program. He said that he really needs to do them (which means that until now, he hasn't been doing them)!

So positive feedback from a man on this series. However, he's not looking forward to doing legs on Saturday, but I am because that's where I'm strong!

I completed disc 2 last night. Time flew by, but I definitely was running around getting my weights and did have to pause my dvd player a few times. I used the red tubing as a substitute for pull-ups, but am thinking I definitely want the tower when it is available.
Band work was incredible - DH did this workout with me and I gave him Cathe's blue havey band. Yes, it was mean, but it gave me a chuckle and I deserve it right, I was working hard :)
One arm push-ups - yowsa - those were killer, compounded by the fact that I did disc 3 on Tuesday (had to do consecutive workouts based on my schedule this week) and my legs started to cramp in that position because they were sore (but I'll say more about that in tomorrow's update).
I rounded it out with BM2 abs and stretch. I also did 40 minutes of urban rebounding and another 20 minutes of the stair climber machine (no treadmills at the gym, I felt like it was Jan 2nd all over again it was so crowded). Needless to say, I am happy that today is my day off :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.