STS CHECK IN DISC 2

Thanks so much Jillybean! It's nice to be able to chat with all of you like this. You sound like you are doing great. Pull ups are hard for all of us. One day we'll get there.

How are your legs doing tonight? :eek:

Cathe - I will need to purchase the red tubing as I am embarassed to admit that I can't do one pull-up! I can do a few chins, but I swing my legs and it's just a pretty ugly sight all around.

I loved reading your post. I didn't even need to wait for the next day for my muscle soreness after this week's 'fight' with STS Disc 2 - my back. I hear you on the "LATS!," but, for me, the word of the day was triceps! My entire back was on fire, but particularly the back of my arms!!!! Oh my goodness! Love the one arm overhead tricep extensions and the side lying one arm pushups at the very end. (The variety that gives a wide range of motion are killer!!!)

Every time I think - Disc 1 is the toughest endurance workout ever! - I try disc 2 and change my mind. Today was disc 3 and my calves and glutes are already feeling it! I love it - I know it's working!!!

Thanks so much for your write up - I love your check-ins - they are informative, funny, and a joy to read. :)

Can't wait to hear what you say after doing disc 3!!

I'll be back tomorrow to answer more

Well it sounds like you are all doing great with the program so far...YES!!!!! I'll be back here to answer more tomorrow. I will also check in with Disc 3 :eek: :eek: :eek: on another thread. Sleep well for those of you who are still up or waking up or whatever the case may be :D Nighty Night!

Well it sounds like you are all doing great with the program so far...YES!!!!! I'll be back here to answer more tomorrow. I will also check in with Disc 3 :eek: :eek: :eek: on another thread. Sleep well for those of you who are still up or waking up or whatever the case may be :D Nighty Night!

Gute Nacht!:D

I did disc 2 this morning. Great workout. Not feeling it yet but I'm sure I will. I did the chin-up and pull-ups with a woody band and got out 6 then 5 then 4. Each time hopefully I will be able to go up in reps.

My green band broke in two during the first back yesterday where you wrap it around your feet. I had to go find another band and the one I picked up was tougher but in a good way.

Rhonda

Ah, Cathe it is nice to know that you are feeling the soreness in the same places! My lats are still sore today (Friday). ;)

I'm on week 2 disc5 and a day behind due to a sinus infection. I don't have a pullup bar so I"m using my squat rack/barbell . I can not do the overhand grip, it kills my wrists for some reason..underhand doesn't bother my wrists so much. I"m not strong enough to do "real" pullups yet, but each week gets better. I will have my husband make me a pullup bar (he can build anything!) Again I"m so suprised when the workout is over, I LOVE how quickly the time flies by. Oh those side lying one arm pushups! My arms were already fatigued and I nearly landed on my face on the first rep! I felt myself falling and didn't think I was gonna be able to stop before my cheek kised the floor!

And bringing up the rear...

Just like Disc 1, the workout flew by. My 1RMs were very much on target except for the rows ~ I had to lighten those just a bit toward the end.

Because of a little enthusiasm-induced tendonitis in my elbow :eek: , I modified the tricep work a bit. I shortened my range of motion, lowered the weight in one exercise, and substituted close-grip chest presses (love these) for one of the other extension exercises.

I figured out how to use the bar across my treadmill for chin ups and pull ups. :eek: That should hold me over until the Tower is available.

Those side push ups for the triceps are killer! I'm going to have to practice.

ETA: Oh, and can I just say how much I appreciate seeing some expression on your faces during these exercises? Nothing wrong with a smile, of course. :) But if you're lifting hard or feeling the burn, don't be afraid to show it. I'm suffering right along with you.

Last edited:
Hi Lori -

I'm thinking we should start our own check-in somewhere!

I really loved this workout. It flew by and I really felt it everywhere. I used tubing for the chinups/pullups for now - my DH is looking into getting a pullup bar and I'm hoping he does it soon. I haven't done my 1RMs but did go through and guesstimate with the Workout Manager would they would be and they were really dead on!

I decided today to definitely do the 6-month rotation. I want to be able to go through again and really nail these exercises. I'm using tomorrow as a day off - my work schedule isn't going to allow me to get anything in, except maybe a yoga/stretch.

see ya for Disc 3!
Michele

Last edited:
I never found the sweet spot for my back or triceps, but I lifted as heavy as I ever have, or heavier. At one point, I almost dropped the 35lb dumbbells on the deadlifts because my hands were still tired from holding them for the one arm rows. That's never happened before - just could not hold them and had to put them down very quickly. I actually reached fatigue a number of times with different exercises, but still, no sweet spot. I used the Iron Gym for the chin ups and pull ups (that's what I call them, but there was very little "up" involved, I promise you!) Next time I'll try the tubing.

Ok, just to check in. I know its way too late - all of you guys are probably doing this a second time around already, but .. what can I do. I did Disc 2 for the first time today. I was still a little sore from disc 1 but I survived. It was a great workout. I found my weights a little light on some exercises so I increased them. Felt great. Also, they just delievered my weight bench - the one Cathe uses, Body Solid, and its absolutely awesome. Very very comfortable, I love it. I am looking forward to Sunday when I'll do legs. A little scared.... but I guess, if all of you did it, I can do it too.

I started out today's workout with a 15 minute warm-up on the treadmill. I skipped the warmup on the DVD but went straight to the warmup exercises. I must say this workout was not as tough as Disc 1 - my chest, biceps and shoulders were still a little sore. My 1RM's were right on and I was pushing it at the end of each exercise. I did not do any pullups and chinups though - instead I improvised with a black band hung over a banister (house is a tri-level, kitchen peers down into family/workout room) - I think it gave the same resistance/range of motion as tubing. Do you think that was good or should I invest in some tubing? It was challenging and hard but I want to make sure it is a good thing to do.
I love STS and how fast it goes by. I am really not looking forward to Disc3 and I know I'll be sore tomorrow because I can feel it already.

Maria

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.