Strong & Sensible

I have a wonderful peloton ride today. It was the Sunday’s with love series, today’s word was discipline. One saying was Discipline - If there was no consequence or no reward would you stay the course. Several others that resonated with me as well in these trying times. I’m staying the course, no outdoor rides, doing my part to stay at home even with the beautiful weather.

Ronne, they are starting a nightly howling here at 8pm to recognize our health care workers. Before we knew about it we heard lots of howls and I said, man those coyotes are going crazy tonight for some reason.

Jody, hope you’re feeling better!

Mary, I only got to see the baby through the window when I delivered the masks. I’m really wanting to hold that baby!

Hi fit babes! Good to see you all again!

Jody, please take it easy and get some rest. It's hard I know! We are all active here but I am worried about you! I am glad you are not at work now so you can heal. Don't know if you still catch John Oliver but he had nothing good to say about your governor Sunday night amidst the virus! :oops:

Ronne, good for you on the self-care! And realizing you need to take breaks. I've done much better these last 2 days. I attended a webinar today and the instructor stated this isn't a sprint--it's a marathon. Made me sad to think of it that way but it's true for where I am. I got inspired though and was able to pass on some healthy tips to some of my co-workers. Our conference calls are going just fine, as long as we don't use webcams or keep them to a minimum. Bandwidth is taking a hit because all of our students are learning virtually as of last week. I am not familiar with the instructor you and DD are working out to now. Can you tell me a little bit about it?

Lisa, bless you for making masks! My sister is making a couple for me and I am grateful! I have an industrial mask but I would love to have one I can wash. I haven't ventured to any trails or parks other than the neighborhood across the street and I've been ok with it. I saw signs in the neighborhood today to keep things positive and be supportive. I thought that was great! This area keeps tightening up the restrictions so there must be a reason they are doing that. However, I'm not watching the news at the moment to find out! Keep this in mind if you are the next big hit: My grocery store is now limiting the amount of people that can go in at any one time. That started yesterday. I can also order groceries online and pick them up at the store. That's been available for over a year. Well, I tried to do that tonight and there were no available pick up times and they schedule them up to 7 days in advance. One friend of mine has things shipped to her house. They were already running a week behind last week!

Hi Mary! How are you doing? I hope you and your family are healthy!! How is that bathroom coming along? I have been feeling a bit guilty that I am not helpful in supporting organizations or volunteering my time for this cause. I've done a little retail therapy to help the economy but I really don't think that's enough!

My dad called me tonight to check in. I was really happy to hear he is still doing well. I am too, now that I'm not being so hard on myself and taking more breaks. I'm on Week 4 of the Work and sweating up a storm. I'm glad I don't have a camera on my work laptop! DH bought tomato plants and a few other veggies tonight, hooray! I've heard that alot of people are planting veggie gardens this year.

It will be interesting to see how the world changes after this has passed. Here's to a healthy week for all of you fit babes! Tracy

JODY! (I’m yelling because I’m thinking of you!). How are you feeling today?

Hope everyone else is healthy and safe! ❤️

Hi Friends! I'm checking in at end of a day of no temp and decent energy all day, I did 35 min of step sync right when I got up which is really weird for me. I didn't even watch TV or blob out today. My binges have been all the Medcram Covid, Seth Myers on youtube (didn't catch the most recent John Oliver yet!), The Crown, The Durells in Corfu, Westworld rewatch of Season 1 and 2, and Tiger king (I felt connected to that as dd volunteer and employee at local preserve and has referenced Big Cat. I'm glad she's focusing on lizards at the moment! I also made a nice salad from my container garden.
I will hold off on my recent febrile illness details til I process a little more, I don't want to write a book.
Mary Thank you so much for your check ups on me!! Are you guys all staying under one roof?
Ronne, are you guys holding up ok? I'm watching the PM progress.
Lisa, sounds like quite the inspiring ride! Re staying in, I'm trying to put this short and clear, I shouldn't judge old retired people for not getting more done or having things they enjoy doing.
Tracy, yay, enjoy your gardening. Are you doing in ground or pots?
Be back tomorrow with a workout maybe? Nite~~~
Back with stepsync (just the finished combos repeated) and ab stacker followed by patio max. woop!!
Waves to all, stay safe.

Last edited:
Hi all

So, another week has almost gone by, despite the fact I'm not going anywhere!

Jody - so glad to hear that you're on the mend. :D I bet you enjoyed those first couple of workouts. And sounds like you're getting healthy food from your garden as well. Just keep looking after yourself till you're completely better.

Mary - hope you and the family are all doing well.

Tracy - we've been limiting numbers in supermarkets for a little while now. I went yesterday morning (it's a bank holiday here) and queued for 35 mins to get in. I didn't mind the queuing really, as the weather was lovely ... but I didn't enjoy the shopping. I found it really stressful trying to avoid people, and was rushing to make any decisions as I didn't want to hold other people up. Generally, everyone was fine and kept their distance but the worst culprits were men. Glad I won't have to go again for a while. You can only go in on your own so it'll be back to DH doing it when I'm back at work.
Les Mills is a franchise workout thing - loads of gyms in the UK use their programmes to teach live classes (step, kickboxing, yoga etc.) Nearly everything is called BodySomething and they're all designed to music tracks, so you do one track for chest or one track for a punching combo etc. They're quite formulaic but the instructors have loads of energy and are very encouraging.

Lisa - howling is a great idea!! I bet your Peloton is really proving its worth now if you're not going out either. Well done for staying indoors!!

I had a busy work week (and a bit of a crappy one actually) but it's Easter weekend here which means a couple of extra days off and I added a day's holiday so I've got 5 days off work!! Loving it even though we aren't going anywhere. The weather is gorgeous so I've just been sitting in the garden reading, and listening to the bees going mad for our flowering tree.
The weather makes a huge difference to our mood. We're having a virtual pub quiz tonight with my parents. We're doing three rounds of questions and the winning team gets bought a bottle of wine by the losing team.
Stay safe everyone and look after yourselves.

Ronne, sounds like a fun plan! You'd probably appreciate my Patio Max efforts over the past two days- I've put some flowers in and trimmed palms and Bird of Paradise x 8. I'm done for awhile! No workout.
Are you all guys isolating thru Easter? TTYL
Oh PS, I got caught up on John Oliver. : D

Easter Blessings everyone!

Not much here, working out, cleaning, mowing, skimming walls, wash, cooking,and dishes!

Jody, so glad you are feeling better! Sounds like you are taking it easy!

Ronne, you probably adapted to working from home better than anyone! Did you win your trivia night? We did a murder mystery game last night, DS found it online, we were all different characters and had to find the murderer, I won! Whoo hoo!

Lisa, your brother gave you the best gift ever! And boy are you getting your moneys worth! I’m hoping you get to hold on to that baby soon!

Tracey, don’t you feel guilty! We are all helping by just staying at home! I’m not doing much, just mowing for the neighbors, totally selfish reasons, gets my steps in! Lol

Not much today, little kids next door woke up early to go finds their eggs, heard lots of laughing and some tears! Hope everyone stays safe and enjoys their day!
Mary

Ha ha, I found myself thinking about how I loved Easter isolation day- dd and I watched Marvel movies all day and I fixed meat balls and mashed potatoes. That being said- Pub Quiz and Murder Mystery sound like a lot of fun, (just not with my family). I did FS Push this morning and went for a walk this eve.
Mary, I need to up my cleaning game.
Lisa, I did Peleton outdoor again- I appreciate the timing prompts and music, but the constant motivational chatter starts to irritate rather than motivate me. I've tried using it for yoga on my patio with my phone but that didn't work too well.
Ronne, enjoy your days off and nice weather! LOL, you know I think of you every time I notice my cat box while I'm working out? (I'm like, hmm, Ronne might have a good point).
Tracy, yea to pops doing well and hanging in there. Maybe they will ready to lift restrictions soon. I don't know that that is better for older folks though.

We got over a foot of snow yesterday, brrr! So obviously today I rode the peloton , it was awesome since my Peloton fb had set up a ride to ride together. I’ve finally been staying away from the news so feeling a bit better.....until I have to grocery shop again, lol. I think I can put that off for another week!

Jody, maybe the inspirational stuff resonates more some days and many when inside. I do know that one instructor I feel like she’s preaching sometimes. Have you done the yoga? I’m liking Anna instructor for that. I’m ThatsAMori if you want to follow me in the peloton app.

Mary, mowing already? Would you come shovel our snow?

Ronne, I made sure to soak up the sun in the backyard because I know the snow was coming. I know Fahrenheit means nothing to you, but we went from 70 on Saturday to 30 on Sunday!

Tracy, so glad to hear dad is doing good. My sister, well, she’s having trouble breathing. She was having trouble before the pandemic, drs did tests, said to lose weight (she’s about 45 BMI). I can hear in the phone how she sounds tight , she had a tele call with pulmonologist yesterday, I told her to let me know what dr said. I’ve heard nothing.....that can typically mean she didn’t like diagnosis . For example she never told me what pcp said, I finally asked her when she called and she said dr asked if she had lost weight or is exercising. Shrug, I try not to worry, and just be supportive when she does call. Sometimes it’s just too draining to call her knowing it’s the same old thing. And it sounds like she hasn’t changed her eating after I spent time explaining Keto and cooking for her to show her things can be prepared differently and still taste good.

Hi fit babes! Happy to see you!

So glad you are feeling better Jody and you got to do Patio Max! I hope that involves relaxing on the patio and not just working on the patio garden! We planted our veggies in pots and don't have a greenhouse (yet) and we have to bring them in every night. Our temps have been too cold to leave them outside (hence the need for a greenhouse!) We'll see how it all goes. We have to leave them in the greenhouse all summer because the deer will help themselves to the fruits of our labor if we don't! Glad you caught John Oliver and I've heard that Tiger King has been the show to binge watch right now. Thank you for the cheer for my dad. He said everyone is complaining that they can't go anywhere but he's just rolling with it.

Hi Ronne! I'm sorry grocery shopping was stressful for you, it was for me too! I went early and there was no line outside but I don't think that store was limiting the amount of people coming in because I saw nothing when I left! I had my mask and gloves on, did my best to respect social distancing but some areas were a bit crowded. And there were a few people who didn't respect it at all. I went home afterwards and had to take a nap, I was exhausted from it! Fortunately, I don't have to go this weekend. That's so nice you took time off and are enjoying beautiful weather. We have beautiful weather right now too! Some of my coworkers are even working from their yards. Like you, better weather improves everyone's mood around here. Who won the pub quiz?

Congrats on winning the murder mystery game Mary! Sounds like you are staying pretty busy. And thank you for your kind words in response to me feeling guilty, I appreciate that!

Lisa! I'm shocked you got snow yesterday and a foot of it at that! So glad the Peloton can fill in when the weather won't cooperate. I'm sorry about your sister, and I understand that it can be draining to speak to her. It would be frustrating to talk to someone who complains about not feeling well but does nothing to make it better. That's a great plan to just listen and be supportive. Going out of your way to help her doesn't work when she won't help herself.

Doing well here! On week 5 of the Work (there are 6 weeks total) and it's still kicking my booty from here to Sunday! I can't always do all of the moves but I do what I can and feel stronger than when I started. DH and I take the dogs out in the evening and Riley has decided to start sprinting while I hold his leash. So I get that added exercise almost daily! Weekends are for Yard Max. As for how long we have to "stay home, stay healthy", the governors of CA, OR and WA and communicating about how the 3 states will reopen. There is constant commerce going between all 3 so it makes sense to have them do the same things at the same time. I'm not sure this info is widely known yet, I sometimes get an early scoop because the agency I work for advises the governor of WA. At this point, we are at home until May 4. The feeling is that we will open up a little at a time, the same way we shut down. I am hoping that hairdressers will be one of the first businesses to reopen because I sure need to see mine--she was shutdown the day before my appointment!

Take care and stay healthy fit babes! Tracy

I had a 20 mile bike ride on Mon that included some excellent nature wins. The ride was too long and I ended up walking a lot toward the end; I really should have called dd to pick me up. However, it satisfied my craving for an epic outdoor adventure, so that was good. Tues was FS Pull. Today will be IMAX 4 I think, but I don't get to workout until I've completed other important tasks (taxes). I've done bird watching and meditation on patio this morning. : D

Tracy- cool to have an inside line on the timeline. I've followed that some governors are working together to create cohesive plans. That is so awesome to have noticeable increase in strength!! You attribute it to sticking to the rotation and changing things up? I think for me sticking to the workout as laid out, (fewer shortcuts and time savers) even if it means going lighter in order to go the distance, would be good. I can't match Cathe in weights anymore which makes sense. But at least I'm in there swinging!

Lisa, not sure how to find you on Peleton but I'm jojohikes if you want to find me? I'll check out your yoga instructors. You have a SG Note as well? Have you been getting display discoloration and overheating post last update? I've had it intermittently and it kept me from being able to use app is why I mention it. I hope your sis is feeling better.

Mary, your house is going to be so clean! Are you taking on home improvement as well? How are the kids holding up?

Ronne, are you back to work yet? I'm back Thurs thru Sun I better be able to hit the ground running!

Waves to all!

Hi ladies! Another hour on Peloton today, rocked out to 70s rock music , rode 14 miles. It's harder on Peloton because there's no coasting downhill like outside .

Jody, I'll look you up when I'm on my iPad. The android app really sucks. My DIL has same issue but with the economy downturn I've delayed upgrading my iPad and giving her my old one. So no I don't see any display discoloration. If you need to do more than what you can do on the Android app then the onepeloton.com website is the better option. You still can't high five people (you know I love that).

Tracy, I did see on news about west coast governors working together. Ours is doing the same with our surrounding states. I think we follow what the west coast is doing about a day later. I'm not binge watching anything, just binge spinning or quilting

Haven't heard from sis even though I said several times to let me know what pulmonary Dr said (had Tele health). She's thinking copd. Since I haven't heard I'm guessing Dr didn't have anything to tell her that she wanted to hear. I'm not playing into her poor pity me routine. It's taken me years to realize she always wants a diagnosis of some problem vs doing the healthy things (attention seeking too). I'm just so caring I hate operating like this.

Bed time here, my body is wrecked, I need a stretch or yoga day tomorrow. Probably yoga ‍♂.

Last edited:
Hi all! Just did yesterday’s Cathe live.

Lisa, thinking of your sister. Maybe she’s just not ready to talk yet? Yay on your bike rides! Oh, and thanks for the snow! Lol

Jody, hope work is manageable and not too busy! And that you are feeling 100%!

Ronne, you must be busy at work! I saw you guys are shut down until mid May? Not quite sure about us, they say they want to start May 1st. I don’t know.

Tracey, have you watched Tiger King? The boys and I are in the middle of it, I had no idea anything like that existed!

Well, finally finished prepping the walls, much smoother, have them primed, going to do the ceiling today, bit by bit!

Hope everyone is well! Mary

Hi all, another peloton day! 14 miles and a pr! If only my muscles wouldn’t get so sore!

Mary, we got over a foot of snow yesterday! We have now had the snowiest year! So happy I got to share some with you, hahaha. So, just heard from sis, she basically got not news from pulmonologist. He thinks allergies, and I do think she has them, but when I hear her talk it sounds tight. Years ago I had to take her to Er with same symptoms, they gave her nebulizer, thought at the time was she had a virus that settled into her lungs. This time sounds worse, they did blood test to measure her oxygen levels. I don’t understand all the medical stuff! She forwarded me her lab results with dr notes. Her blood oxygen is low, they are getting her on supplemental oxygen. No reason as to cause. Doing another CT of chest and echo, but this time with contrast? She isn’t making this up, and I do believe she is in a lot of distress. As usual I worry. I told her to make sure she uses her lungs, not to lay around and give up but she said she’s about ready to give up. Exhausted from not enough oxygen. Oh my, I’ve rambled. Any ideas? Or Jody?

A fab Peloton ride today! I broke the 200 output barrier I had for a 30 min ride, woot! Lots of riders got in as a dedication to Frontline workers. I must have had a lot of stress to get out! I guess my sister is now mad at the sibs because they didn't react the way she wanted to her issue. So the burden is on me I guess but I'm really trying not to let it swallow me up. I can't do anything and she's an adult.

Hi everyone

Lisa - you are a Peloton fanatic! Do you go out in the snow much or do you prefer just to look at it? We had such a mild winter this year. Sorry to hear about your sis. There really isn't anything you can do particularly under the current circumstances. The only person you can change is yourself :)

Mary - yes, I am surprisingly busy actually. Lots of prep for next year and dealing with changes at the moment. I'm impressed by your DIY skills. We really should be making the most of the extra time to do stuff but we're so rubbish! DD and I did take down all the pictures downstairs last weekend and rehung them in different places.

Jody - that's a hell of a ride. You must be feeling better, so glad to hear it. Hope the return to work hasn't been too awful.

Tracy - congrats on sticking with the workout programme. I must have a look at that one just so I can picture how knackered you are!! It's good that some people are being sensible and co-operating at last. It's amazing how this has already become so normal. I'm semi-institutionalised!

Been keeping up with the Les Mills workouts plus I did a LITE SSUB premix. Did an hour slow yoga today to really stretch things out. Was back at work on Tuesday and the week has been OK, not too busy. Not an awful lot to report. The days seem to pass pretty quickly. I know we've got at least another 3 weeks but even after that I think it's going to be a very slow transition.

I hopped on for a quick 10 min peloton ride just to high five a group ride that was going on and to get a check mark for today. . I picked the time when they were climbing, whoops! I almost beat my record for a 10 min ride but got so sweaty and had already showered so eased up. Um, yes, I’m hooked! We may try an outdoor ride tomorrow, trying to aim for ‘less busy time ‘ on the trails. Since it’s cold in the mornings I may have to wait until after lunch. If I don’t get to working hard out I. The morning, it normally doesn’t happen. Hate waiting around but suki really needs a ride!

Ronne, the older I get the less I like the snow! Dh still loves it. I prefer to watch from inside these days! Talked to sis today, she sounds better. Maybe because I woke her up and she didn’t have time to get her act going. Bad Lisa! Now I think she’s just looking for some magic bullet to help with her breathing, she says, she gets winded bending over to pick up her dogs, uh, all that fat isn’t helping, but I stay mute. I’ve already said it, tried to help, I’m done. Meanwhile she’s going for more tests. Whatever! She wanted to gossip about what my other sister said to her and I simply said I’m not getting into it. So gotta keep up my boundaries!

I did 20 min of Peloton and then a ride outside. 22 miles total. Suki loves it! She didn't love me putting the buff over her nose trying to get this pic! She started gasping for breath! We ran I to the police car on the bike path not sure what he was doing! We got out early before too many people were out.

Lisa, to clarify, the discoloration and overheating has to do with my phone SG Note 9, following recent update. I thought you had the same phone? Also call or text me if you want re respiratory stuff.
I took mom for xray of shoulder and ortho visit and Target yesterday. Mom gets pro biotics and vitamins and then grabs two bags of cookies and two bags of candy and two boxes of waffles. ::shrug:: :oops:
I worked Thurs (busy) Friday (brutal) Sat (brutal) and Sun (not bad). No workout yesterday and today...SJP or SB.
Ronne, are you enjoying the music as well from LM? What is DD up to?
Mary, WTG on the painting and ceiling! I'm not sure I would tackle. LOL, it was a big deal that I finally dusted off the popcorn ceilings! :rolleyes:
Tracy, did you finish the rotation?
That reminds me, do you remember when I did that Xtend Barre Beach Body challenge test group? I saw Andrea doing a commercial for her program on OpenFit

Hi everyone! Still working out!

Lisa, look how cute the 3 of you are! Glad that you could get out there, cold and windy here, sun is out, very deceiving!

Jody, you survived the weekend! How many therapists are on for each shift? I saw your beaches are open. They just cancelled school for the school year here, youngest is down about it. He wishes he would have known it was the last day when it was the last day.

Ronne, I’ve seen a couple of the Les Mills body pump and combat on YouTube, do you like them? Are they repetitive?

Tracey, how is it by you? How’s your dad? I went to wave at my parents on Sunday, DH is exposed to so much at work, I don’t want to share with them!

Lisa, I forgot to say, I’m thinking about your sister, hope everything comes back ok.

Well, finished painting the wainscoting, now have to paint the upper part of the walls , door is done. Need DH to help me measure and cut the wainscoting so I don’t mess it up. I now know why normally we hire people!
Stay safe my friends! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.