Strong & Sensible

Tracy, just watched that you tube. Funny! I saw myself in there! The Peloton person! Hahaha DH loved it, thx for the laughs!

You guys, my body must have been hurting last night. I had a dream I was in a care facility and I was concerned that all they fed me was carbs, but I had my Peloton! Too funny!

Hi all! I did IMAX 1 today, BM 1 on Mon. (the power circuits sans weight and the upper body).

Lisa, you were fighting off the diet with your Peloton. I'm keeping up with Medcram- diabetes obesity and hypertension and also male over than 65 seem like the biggest risk factors for severe covid disease. Just saying cuz your sister fits in many ways and I know you worry about hubs even though he's healthy guy. Also I read speculated blood type O has less von willebrand factor which has to do with clotting so maybe type O have an advantage. It's all interesting to me.

Hopefully everyone will continue to keep to safe practices as more things open up. Stay safe and well.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Still home.

Kind of an eventful weekend, Saturday night, Boo, our morkie, was just exhausted, weird for her, when we got up Sunday, she had been throwing up, she was hiding in the basement, really strange for her. I took her to the emergency vet, (on a Sunday), she had an infection in her abdominal cavity and was becoming septic. They had to do emergency surgery, she’s home now, doing so much better. It was difficult because they come to your car and just take them, then I started thinking how people are just dropping off their loved ones and you have to leave them. Absolutely broke my heart, it is shattering to imagine.

Anyway, I read so many articles about this disease, how much they know and how much they don’t know. One thing I read about is how important laying on your stomach can be, so fascinating.
Are you working a lot? I saw the Grim Reaper is visiting beaches down there, I’d be running they other way! Lol.

Lisa, do you do any of the other Pelaton workouts? I’m so happy you found something you love. How is your sister? She sounds like a mystery. Is her breathing improving? Do they still have her on steroids? They are magic when you need them

Tracey, that video was funny! I sent it to DH, he laughed like a school kid! Do you have TikToc? There are a lot of funny people out there! It’s a worm hole once you start.

Ronne, how’s work for you? Still trying to figure out here when students can go back. Will DD be able to go back to school in the fall? They haven’t decided yet here.

Not much else here, just need to put the sink in and the trim. Boo’s surgery set us back a bit. We will get there!
Stay safe friends! Mary

Mary!! HUGS and get well wishes for little Boo! I hope the rest of the recovery goes very well. I'm sure ER vet was worse possible case financially, but maybe it was the Universe putting her in the best hands to manage her illness? Lets go with that and keep her in positive light. Yes we are proning patients when indicated. Dang it though, it is rough when they have an airway and vent. My county isn't open all the way yet. Yes I saw Grim Reaper on the beach pics, too. I do think we will have uptick in cases. I just hope we can manage it and those who are vulnerable and all who are able double down on isolation and protection.

Tracy, how is your Stitch Fix going? I just got a cute pair of capris and a top that would be cute if I can find the right bra.

Ronne I suddenly saw an ad on FB for streaming Les Mills- I assume Google Chrome and FB are busy spying. I listened to a compelling podcast from the Verge about Amazon monopoly and manipulation.

Hi everyone, I’m beat, been a riding fool last 2 days, Peloton and outside. We are navigating places at times we predict it won’t be too many people. Found a few different routes!

Mary, oh my how scary about Boo. That behavior is normal for suki in the spring (thunderstorms, wind). We have a bed set up for her in the bathroom down there. I think she feels safest there, makes sense because it’s exactly where you would go for a tornado! Back to boo, It is hard them taking them, worse from a parking lot! Do they know why she got that? As far as sister, her breathing is better, she’s able to come off oxygen at rest. She has follow up telehealth visit Friday, not sure how long she’ll stay on steroids.

Jody, I haven’t seen the grim reaper pics. I find it all intriguing too and know sis has many risk factors. I also heard the blood type thing. I’m an O! DH is concerned because of his age (turns 64 soon) , I think he just feels like the old man in all the friends, and kids in laws because he’s always the oldest. He is sensitive about his age. I just realized I was calling myself 56 though I’m not there until August. 55 was hard for me because birthdays that end in 0 and 5 are worse in my opinion. I say I keep DH young! Haha! I was talking to my son the other night and his wife was saying to the baby ‘do you hear grandma?’ Feels so weird! Our county joins colo state Saturday in what they call ‘safer at home’. This is never ending.

Hi everyone

Just catching up on all the posts, haven't been able to get here much. Glad to see that you're all safe and well and keeping to your isolation whatever else is going on.

I got hit with some weird illness at the weekend. Stopped working out and I'm trying to take it easy. I've had a call with the doctor and there's nothing serious wrong and I've got some medication to help. I could be like this for a couple of weeks though. It's a viral skin rash thing - not very pretty!!

Apologies for lack of personals, I need to get off the computer!!

Ronne, wth? Take care!!!
Lisa, that must be tough to distance from that new baby.
Mary, how is Boo today?
Tracy, I like my about half of my latest stitch fix but I've also gotten 3 new Life is Good tees and a few hip bags with bugs or birds on them. I think I"m a lots cause as far as fashion.

I did an easy critter seeking bike ride today at local, recently re opened park. The parking lot was packed but it has miles of trails. It really wasn't too hard to avoid close contact. I did talk to some guy from about 8 feet away. He might have been my soul mate but the distance makes things awkward, lol. We will never know.
5/8 ETA - PHA3 short pm done.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Ronne, how are you feeling? I hate rashes, hope you aren’t too itchy.

Jody, argh! I forgot about the vent! That would be hard to get people positioned. You can tell I never worked in ICU. Hopefully you will see that boy again, from a distance. I feel so bad for people trying to date, our 18 year old is complaining it was impossible for him to meet a girl who liked him before quarantine, now he says he’s doomed to live in our basement forever! Lol!
Boo is doing so much better, finally pooped yesterday, they were going to have us do an enema, ummmm, no thank you.

Lisa, dang I’m excited for you to get your hands on that baby!! How is sister? Doctor give her any news?

Hi Tracey!

Well, it is May 9th and we woke up to snow. The last time we had snow in May was the 1970’s. Happy Mother’s Day to all of you, thank you for always being here!
Stay safe, Mary

Thank you Mary! Yes, happy Mother's Day to all.
Snow? Things are getting weirder and weirder we are definitely in jumanji.
I did step portion of MIC. It was fun working out with baby Cathe.
Waves to all

Last edited:
Happy mothers day ladies! I'm actually taking a rest day! Rode 95 miles last week!

Mary, glad you got the snow and not us! Dr still waiting on test results from mayo. Sis sounding good, if anything she sounds 'high' from steriods, is that possible? As I laid in bed last night after a bit of my secret Potion, I thought how she seemed like the manic side of manic depressive. Haha, so funny I came up with this while I was in Potion! That Potion really helps relax my sore muscles!

Happy Mother's Day fit babes! Glad you liked the bit on You Tube, I've watched it a few times!

Lisa, I've always thought that steroids are magic! Your sis may just be feeling better than she has in a long time being on them. I think I want some of your secret potion you riding maniac!

Hi Jody! I'm blood type O too, I guess that's good! DH got tested last week just cause he could and he doesn't have it. I didn't think he did. We have wondered if we had it back in December. DH got sick and I thought I was in the clear but got it a week after he did. Man we were sick! We didn't pass it to anyone we were in contact with at the time but we weren't confined to one place with the same people either, just each other. Things are going OK with Stitch Fix. I ended up sending the whole order back last month and told them why in detail. I don't think the stylist was really paying attention to what I was saying. They took notice! I'm looking forward to the next one! It's supposed to come this week. As for your soul mate, if it's meant to be, it'll happen! I LOLed with your comment that it was fun working out with baby Cathe!

Mary, I'm so sorry little Boo needed emergency surgery!! I'm glad she's doing better!! That would be so hard to just hand a fur baby over to a doctor and not be able to go inside! I'm very happy you didn't have to do anything to get her to poo either. :) I've never been on Tik Tok but I've heard about it. I hope that snow has melted for your Mother's Day!

Ronne, I hope you get well soon!! Rashes are definitely no fun!!

We haven't opened up here in WA that I'm aware of. Some businesses can but they were waiting for some guidelines earlier in the week from the governor. We had another protest yesterday on the Capitol steps and I understand people are chomping at the bit to get back to work. Protesting isn't going to make that happen any faster though. And I would never put myself at risk to be with other people like that! My office isn't planning to let us go back to the office until July 1 at the earliest. And that will still be with safety measures in place. I took Friday afternoon off with DH and he said, "The sky's the limit!" But really, it was eating take out in a parking lot.

I have been working out! I forgot to mention that last week too. Following Cathe's current rotations 'cause we're all home. But modifying of course! I grabbed a bunch of her dvds when I left work but certainly not all of them. I forgot my lesser favorites. :D

Take care fit babes and have a healthy week! Tracy

Hi everyone

Tracy - I think this virus was around a lot earlier than people realised. Friends of mine were ill over Christmas - they all got it one by one and it was really bad, particularly on their chest and affecting their breathing. They just thought they had a really bad flu at the time. Hope your Stitch Fix people are listening and they get it right next time.

Lisa - congrats on the rest day!! I've been using a steroid cream for the past 8 days - I certainly have not been feeling high!! :oops: Potion better than massage lady?!!

Jody - sounds like things have really opened up where you are. What are the death rates like? Are they going down yet? Are you able to see your girls yet?

Mary - Sorry to hear about your dog - glad it's all getting better now. That must have been scary. Can't believe you've just had snow. Crazy!

Felt awful last week - it really got me down. The rash was everywhere apart from my limbs, I was so miserable. I didn't work out for over a week which just shows! But it is clearing now; the cream is working and I feel much more like myself. I've started tentatively back with Les Mills again, yoga and core type stuff with a bit of UB weights. Might do a short Cathe cardio later this week - maybe ICE as I love that one. Not much else to report, of course. DD said at dinner tonight 'I don't have anything to say as I'm not doing anything!!'

So, I got to hold my granddaughter on mother’s day! She’s so adorable! We stayed outside in the patio and at the end of the visit the kids had to leave, the crows were driving us crazy as they mobbed the owl hanging out in our tree (I think it stalks suki). Really nice visit, I miss seeing them! DH got his hair cut, our stylist of 35 yrs has her select clients she cut so not crowded at all and with masks. Other barber shops had 5 or 6 hr waits! Then we had a rouge restaurant open on mother’s day (made national news), they got their business license revoked now. I’ve been on the peloton, surprise! I got another record today! My hammers and flutes are sore, worse than I remember cathe being after a leg day! Gosh I like that thing!

Ronne, DD comment is funny. That rash does sound miserable, I got a couple bug bites and I complain about those itty bitty things! I think I’d take my massage lady over potion. She only massages me and one other friend on the side, her main job now is school bus dispatcher, well, with no school, I heard from my friend that she’s working at the senior center so I think I’ll manage without massages because the outbreaks at our senior centers are the worse, after that our meat packing plant in NE Colorado makes that community spread bad. If I let myself think about the dire state of things I get down so I try not to think about it. United will not refund our canceled airline trip, I’m done fighting with them and look to the bright side.....so many more have lost more than just the price of an airline ticket.

Tracy, lol on the sky being the limit and it being take out in the car. Omg that restaurant I referred to above, now is closed and people are taping money outside on their windows in support. People are going crazy. Sometimes it’s better than prime time tv (that doesn’t take much)!

Well, tomorrow we’re going to try for an outdoor ride, it’s been gray and cold (stayed in my PJs one day), but at least no snow.

Tracy did dh get a PCR test or blood to check antibody? I wish there was more antibody testing for all, like Ronne friends etc.

Lisa I meant to LOL at your crazy dream. My nightmares are about backed up toilets. I'm glad you had such a nice mothers day!!

Ronne I'm happy you are recovering. We are having fewer virus patients but most/many (of the ones who get super sick) dont seem to make it, no matter what we do. Hopefully I do have immunity since I'm either knowingly caring for virus, or finding out later I cared for tested negative but really is positive virus patients. I do believe dose of exposure and duration of time = how likely to get / fight off / amt of viral load one gets.

Mary hi!! Boo better?

MIS today and then car serviced. I've been trying to post from phone between errands. I'm done, so darn slow thumb typing.

ETA my workout today Thurs- entire IMAX4 with very little weanie-ing out. (It looked iffy though, I changed shoes after the warm up- indicating procrastination.) Anyway, that is a fun step workout!

Second ETA about our kids LOL at Ronne's dd, hugs to Mary's disappointed ds missing out on girl, and Lisa's ds experiencing fatherhood!

Third Edit on Fri- PHA done and some gardening planned between rain showers.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Still home, but not for long! Back to work on Monday!

Lisa, the best present ever! Holding that baby! I saw that restaurant on Mother’s Day, outside patios opening up here today, supposed to rain all weekend tho! I did get my hair done yesterday, I go to a girl’s basement, just here and I in masks, feel better tho.

Ronne, are you brand new? I wish my kids would stop talking a bit! I get up early just to have silence, once they are up it’s non stop! Reminds me Hamilton is coming to Disney plus in July, think I will watch it every day!

Jody, Boo is brand new! She gets her staples out on Sunday. Stay safe at work! I’m sure you are correct on the amount of exposure. I have the EMT students next week, we aren’t allowed to go into any rooms with respiratory patients. The nursing home where I do the nursing clinical has over 150 cases, very glad I’m not going there! ER is all individual rooms, gives a sense of security.

Tracey, eating take out in a parking lot! Lol, our ideas about outings are going to change drastically. How’s your dad? Have you been able to see him?

Not much else here, the usual. DH’s birthday today, he’s at the fire station, so I’m making dinner for tomorrow, try and make it fancy??
Good weekend to all! Stay safe!
Mary

Mary, good luck on Monday! Wow, one nursing home with 150 cases?! Smooches to Boo- but I'm wincing at the idea of having staples removed. Happy BD DH~~

Tracy, I just returned most of my Stitch- cute tops but neckline was round string type thing and I couldn't figure out a bra. Also, duh, I just realized I get specific info on my card about pairings.

Lisa, sorry you lost your flight $$ but I agree, many have lost more so if you can let go that is a great way to think about it. Kudos. In the future, how do you feel about travel insurance?

Ronne, are you back to Cathe yet? We are opening up, traffic is picking up as well. I was at the plant nursery, most people were without masks. I wear mine just in case my subsequent exposures result in re infection sans major symptoms but spread-ability. I don't think that would be the case, but I have sore throat off and on...

Today's Cathe was PH and I did a sunny bike ride. I'm considering enrolling in a Bachelor program for cardiopulmonary science. It would primarily be online and fairly inexpensive since it is now being offered at my local state college. Off to shower and prep my Sunbasket meal. Cathe planning and meal planning have been going pretty well!

Jody, kudos on the planning working! And kudos for thinking of others (but I knew you would). I cover my face when on bike going by people, more to protect them just in case from my heavy breathing! So, heard from United, they are refunding! Guess my friend calling and filing report worked, shrug (see my rant below) It was about time she did something with this trip! I probably still wouldn’t do travel insurance unless really big trip or when I get old and frail health (guess that means I don’t think I’m old even though a grandma! Hahaha)

Mary, good luck on return to work! Did you finish your home project? What will the kids be doing?

DH and I did a Sunday ride, had a great time, I didn’t try to do any crazy sprints but still ended up with PRs in several segments. I feel the strength from Peloton helping on the outdoor rides! Speaking of peloton, I got an email right before my group ride that irritated me (from my Disney friend telling me to dispute charge file complaint with FTC, I got irritated I was doing everything in regards to Disney when she had said she was going to call United). Anyway, I smoked the leaderboard, and one of the ladies I ride with comments in our fb group that I Was on fire and she couldn’t catch me on the leaderboard. Funny she noticed because I was pumped from frustration from the email, then I went in to kill another ride with the nooners group and had high fives flying and I totally crushed that ride! Then Saturday rolled around and oh boy I was sore, I don’t think I’ve ever been this sore even on cathe leg day! Oh, my brother sold his peloton to do a different setup at home not that he rides indoors much. He never got into it like me, him and dh does the scenic rides (yawn) I love the energy in the classes. I’m totally drinking the peloton koolaid!

Hi everyone

Lisa - so glad for you that you got to hold your granddaughter at last. Great news that you're getting your refund as well. It's good to have fuel for those peloton rides anyway even if it is being p@@*d off!

Jody - I did Cathe Legs & Glutes on Saturday - that was a good one. Glad you're taking care of yourself. Very sensible to keep wearing a mask.

Mary - good luck on your return to work, hope it all goes smoothly. Hope DH enjoyed his birthday meal.

Luck is not on my side at the moment. I was doing an LM dance workout yesterday when I tripped and fell over a rolled up rug. I've sprained my right ankle. Spent the whole day with it up on cushions, I've got a tubular bandage on it and the ankle's a bit swollen and tender. I'm sat here ready to start work with my right leg up on a Swiss ball!! Seriously, I hope this is the end of my bad luck ...

Oh man, Ronne, what a bummer. Is it any better today? How long do you reckon you will be sidelined? I use my Swiss ball as a foot stool all the time.

Lisa, I was just wondering how the power work on the Peloton helped your outdoor ride. I'm more of the scenic ride sight seeing kinda rider. Yea for flight refund.

Mary, how has the week been going? I'm on 4 in a row Fri to Mon. I went to a meeting today-this April was the worst month financially in the entire history of the facility.

Tracy, what is the next amazing romantic adventure you and dh have planned? : D : D It is going to be hard to top take out food in car park.

Today's w/o was RWH Plyo2 and abs- tough! I was half time a lot of the time, just one riser.
ETA Wed w/o BM1 UB and the power circuits (no weight).
ETA Thurs w/o RWH LB Circ- easy on the weights. I've got a few garden projects to do today.

I hope you all have a nice pandemic version of Memorial Day weekend.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.