Strength in Numbers

Hello to everyone. We are in the midst of a winter storm warning. Freezing rain fell all day yesterday, sleet all day today and now it's changing to snow. They're saying we could get up to a foot of snow (where I live) overnight and into tomorrow. St. Louis (just 35 miles to the north) is in the 12" to 15" range with a blizzard warning.

We already have 1/4" of ice, 1" of sleet and are expecting the snow and high winds to start in a few hours. We are ready if our electricity goes out...we have water for drinking on hand, firewood, and plenty of charcoal for grilling. We have a well, so we are limited to what's in the tank if the electricity goes out, so, provided we still have electricity before I go to bed, I am going to fill the bathtub so that we can have water for the bare essentials (mainly flushing the toilet!!!) if we have a power outage.

We have been teasing our daughter that we will put a 5 gallon bucket on the porch for her own "personal use" should the power go out. She didn't see the humor.:p

Julie: Ironic is right...This morning the roads were ice covered, and the state department of transportation and highway patrol basically said, "you're on your own if you choose to travel". This morning my husband discovered that he'd taken his last high blood pressure pill yesterday. He had no choice but to venture out and get it refilled. Of course, I used it as a reason for him to get fit (which he was fully expecting). He made it to the pharmacy and back safely, but I wish it wasn't a trip he had to make in the best of weather.

Hello to everyone. In short, workouts are great, eating is great. We are hunkering down. :)

:D Helen

Today watched TV and did stair climber at the same time. About 30 min.

Julie, Great job on those challenges. Whew, I know!:confused: Also great job on MMA Kickbox. Do be careful with that awful storm coming your way. Stay safe and warm. Praying for all of you to make it through in fine condition.

Helen, Do be careful and protect yourselves from that Winter Storm. Stay warm and safe. Looks like you have planned well. I'm praying that you get through this with flying colors. It's so dangerous, be smart.

Janie

Well, we made it through the winter storm. Just about the time the meteorologists were saying we were going to get hammered, the storm dried up quite a bit. The predicted foot of snow turned out to be about 2" and the high winds never came...at least to our area. Schools are closed today and might be for the rest of the week because of the bitter cold and icy roads. I hate to say it, but we feel a little let down. We were actually looking forward to a historic winter storm. Crazy, I know.

Today's plyo leg workout was brutal. I had to pause a few times...30 seconds between each exercise just wasn't enough on some of them!

Now on to make some stew and home made whole wheat rolls.

Have a great day, everyone. :D Helen

Yesterday I did 40/20 and today I took as my day off. I am trying to get back to morning workouts so I will take Wednesdays off so it isn't so hard.

Janie Smart listening to your body and only doing what you can. I know I feel my age sometimes too and even if your mind says "Yes you can do this" your body is saying "What the Heck are you doing to me!". Yes Tigger is doing better now. We still have to give him antibiotics for 10 days but all we do is stick the pill into a pill pocket treat and he gobbles it up.

Julie I thought would start STS again. I haven't done it for a while. Tigger is really good with the meds. One of our other cats gives us nothing but grief when we try to give him meds.

Helen You are lucky that you didn't get hit hard with the storm. I saw it on the news tonight and it looked really ugly. Last night our Vancouver Canucks were playing in Dallas and there was hardly anyone in the seats. What your daughter didn't think that the 5 gallon bucket on the porch for her own use wasn't funny?????

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Cheryl

Challenges: Pull-Ups with 60 sec rest between sets: 3 Assisted, 5 Australian, 3 Assisted, 4 Australian, and 1 hang. Very hard! May have to do this week yet again. Oh well, I'm determined to do one pull up at the end of this month. I noticed my right hand locking and unlocking when doing the Australian pull-ups. Don't know what that's about. My body might be to heavy to lift up for my hands. Hmmmm. So far I'm not hurting anywhere.

Push-Ups with 90 sec. rest between sets: 14, 19, 14, 14, 19. Almost didn't get the 19 in. OMG! It's getting so hard! May have to do this week over again. It's OK, determined to do this, even if it takes longer than 6 weeks. Whew! As long as my body isn't hurting, I'm game.

Sit-Ups 60 sec. between sets: 30, 38, 30, 30, 70. Doing well on these so far.

Helen, So glad you didn't get the brunt of the storm. Great job on plyo leg workout. You did good.:) Enjoy your wonderful and healthy sounding meal on a Winter's day. Yum.

Cheryl, Great job yesterday on 40/20. Your body is going to be confused when you change your schedule. That's good. You are doing so well.:) I'm glad giving Tigger his med under a treat disguise, is fantastic.

Have a great evening everyone.

Janie

Hi ladies,

Just a quick post to let you know that we are back. We got home last night right on time, we were glad we weren't flying through Dallas! We met some people from Wisconsin who were supposed to be leaving yesterday but their flights had already been cancelled and rebooked 3 times! I think I would've been ok with staying a few more days! I did no workouts while we were gone except I did my pushups ONCE! Yikes! I didn't notice that you get longer rests between sets as the week goes on before :rolleyes: This time week 3 day 3 was a lot easier when I realized that. I did 15/21/15/15/27 (last set was supposed to be min 21) so I was really happy with that. I found out that I was supposed to have done 16 instead of 15 on that first though, but that's ok. My hip has really geen giving me a lot of trouble so I decided the trip would be a good excuse to take a full week off so I'm not starting again until Monday. We had the krispy kreme challenge run on Saturday and hopefully I'll be able to to do it, but I need to see how this hip does the next couple of days. I need to start week 4 of the pushup challenge too.
It was a great week though. The wedding was just beautiful and we had a lot of fun. Now it's back to reality.....:confused: Have a great day!

Pam

Did 30 min. on trampoline today. It was a good cardio workout.

Pam, So glad you are back safe and sound. It's OK not to workout while you were gone, it's a wedding.:) Yep, during the challenges you do get rests in between sets. I learned that max meant to go on as long as you can. LOL:D I think I learned that from you. Great job on the challenge, you are getting stronger still. When you start again on exercising, I hope your hip will cooperate.

Have a wonderful evening,

Janie

Janie Those 120 second rests between sets made a big difference, I might not have had to repeat week 3 if I had realized that the first time :rolleyes: Oh well. I started week 4 yesterday: 18/22/16/16/25 The max set on that one was at least 25 and I was REALLY trying for 26 but there was just no way another one was happening!
My plan is to start a new rotation on Monday, so I'll have the weekend to pick one. Have a great Friday everyone!

Pam

Oy!!! The last few days have been crazy. I am so sorry I haven’t been able to post. Here is a (LONG) summary since my last post:

Tuesday: My company decided to shut down at 12:30 Tuesday afternoon because of the blizzard. I got home around 2 and did my pull-ups: 4 Assisted, 2 Australian, 5 Assisted, 3 Australian, and 1 Max Hang of 4 seconds. Tuesday night our power went out a little before 7.

Wednesday: We woke up to 15 inches of snow with more coming down and the winds blowing like crazy. The power still was not back on. I used my laptop to do Body Max 2 Bootcamp premix and my pushups: 20, 25, 15, 15, and 25. DH and I waited around until 3 in the afternoon with no power before deciding to head to my mom’s house 35 miles away. We got there around 5 and then the neighbors called and said the power was back on! :mad: We decided to stay the night at my parent’s anyway as the roads were still treacherous even with our 4 wheel drive truck.

Thursday: DH and I bought a generator and then found out the water pump in his truck broke and had to stay in town to get it fixed. Nothing like dropping over a grand in one day! :confused: I did not get a workout in but did get my pull-ups in when we got back home around 3 pm: 3 Assisted, 5 Australian, 4 Assisted, 4 Australian, and 1 Max Hang of 5 seconds.

This morning I did Low Max (which I was supposed to do yesterday) and will try to get some walking in to make up for the emotional overeating I did big time yesterday! :(

Helen Glad to see you survived the storm too! Not sure what is worse ice or snow. Both are bad and make me long for Spring! Mmmmm! Stew and rolls sounds so yummy! I am sure it really hit the spot after plyo legs!

Janie Great job with the stair climber and your challenges! We made it through the blizzard in one piece! I have to say those Australian pull-ups seem harder than Assisted pull-ups for some reason. I cannot pull my chest up high enough so I am not sure I am even doing them right.

Cheryl Good job on 40/20! I am glad to see Tigger is doing better and giving him meds isn’t as big of a hassle as I have heard it is with some cats. Good luck with switching your workouts to morning time.

Pam Glad you had a wonderful time and took a leave of exercising to completely enjoy it! Great job on your pushup challenge. I do like the that the rests get longer; however, I noticed starting in week 5 they actually get shorter! I hope your hip starts feeling better!

Have a wonderful Friday! I know I just had 2 days off of work but I am already ready for another 2 days off!

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday since I am now trying to get some housework done in the evenings so I don't have to try to cram it all in on the weekend. Tigger is now getting smarter and is eating his treat but leaving the pill :confused:. He was doing well the first few days but he has gotten smart. So now when he eats just the treat I have to take the pill and pop it in his mouth and hold his chin up so he will swallow and not spit it out.

Yesterday I did STS Disk 2 back and triceps and this morning was MMA Boxing.

Janie Good job on your challenges. You are doing really well.

Pam Glad to hear you made it back OK. I was wondering if you would have problems with all the snow the east coast has received. You are right that it wouldn't have been so bad if you had to stay in Cancun for a few more days. I hope your hip is doing better for your run. Ummm Krispy Kreme and sponsering a run just doesn't seem to go together :confused:.

Julie You have had quite the eventful couple of days. You are dedicated as well to use your laptop to do your workout even without power. I don't think I would have thought of that. I hate it when you don't have power. I am glad it rarely happens to us. You never know what to do with yourself because everything you think of doing needs power :confused:. At least you could stay at your mom's house. Well hopefully you won't need to put out any more money anytime soon. Car repairs are always so expensive. So far so good with the morning exercising. I just need to get back into the habit.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Cheryl

To days challenges: Pull-Ups with 60 sec. between sets: 4 Assisted, 5 Australian, 6 Assisted, 5 Australian and 2 hangs. YES! Will go to Week 3 Monday. Push-Ups on Toes with 2 min. between sets: 16, 21, 15, 15 and 25. Yes! Feeling strong today! Sit-Ups with 60 sec.between sets: 35, 42, 35, 35, and 80. Still seems to easy, been using column two, will do column 3 next week. Used heavy weight for 8 reps and 3 sets each. Hamstrings, quads, inner and outer thighs, shoulders, biceps and triceps. Felt really strong today. Mostly eating clean and lost a few pounds since I started the challenges.

Pam, I have to agree, the rest between sets are so worth it. It keeps me going as well. By doing that week over, you just made yourself stronger still. You did good. Great job on those push up on toes. You are flying! Post us on what rotation you picked. I'm finding that spreading my hands a little further than shoulder width apart is a bit easier. Is that legal? I also find that going fast on the push ups gets you through it faster and then some, all with good form, of course. Is that legal?

Julie, Was hoping that you were OK, missed you. That storm really effected you. So sorry you had to go through all that.:confused: Still though, you did fantastic on your challenges. Very proud of you.:D Great job on LM. I can see why you ate emotionally. You must have been upset big time from the storm and what you all had to go through. I also think the Australian pull ups are a lot harder. Man O Man! I can't either, pull my chest up high enough it seems. When I look at the picture, the bar is at his chest not his neck, so I think we might be doing it OK. Maybe? Let's just keep plugging away at it. I do feel very strong today, and felt like I could almost do a pull up by myself while doing the Assisted ones. Wow! I've been eating clean to, that might have made a difference. Oh, and lost 3 pounds.:eek:

Cheryl, Oh, cats are smart, aren't they? Try this: After you put pill into his mouth, Then to the point of holding his chin, blow air at him, usually this will make the cat swallow. My vet told me this. Hope it works for you. Great job on STS Disc 2 and this mornings workout of MMA Boxing. Well done.

Have a really nice evening everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Julie Wow, you have had some crazy days! I hope things are settling down for you. Good for you for getting your workouts in anyway!! So sorry about your car problems, it is always frustrating to have to spend a bunch of money on something like that. You are doing great on your challenges!
Yikes, I hadn't noticed that the rests start getting shorter in the later weeks though! I am not looking forward to that!

Cheryl Those darn cats, it is so hard to give them medicine. That little rat! Are you doing a full STS rotation? I'm still thinking I want to do another one, just not sure when yet.
We didn't end up doing the run this morning because it rained all day yesterday, all night and was still raining this morning. We decided 36 degrees and rain was a good excuse to stay home. :rolleyes: The kids went anyway. The Krispy Kreme Challenge is a very interesting run. You start at the NC State bell tower and run 2 1/2 miles to the Krispy Kreme. The challenge is to eat a dozen donuts and run the 2 1/2 hours back in under an hour. Bonus points if you don't throw up! We don't do the challenge though, we always enter as casual runners, meaning you don't have to eat the donuts. It started 5 years ago as a fraternity hazing thing, but has become a big charity run. They closed registration at 7500 people this year. All of the money goes to the NC Children's hospital, so it's for a great cause.

Janie WOW!!! You are doing amazing with your challenges.. GREAT GREAT JOB! You sure were strong yesterday! And losing weight too, congratulations!
I have put Cathe's February rotation in my calendar starting Monday. It looks like a really really tough rotation though. There are a lot of days with 2 workouts. I'm not sure I'll get to do all of them, especially since there are a lot of doubles on week days.
Nobody said how far apart your hands are supposed to be or how fast you are supposed to do the push ups right, so I think yes, it is legal!

As I already said we didn't do the run this morning so I get a couple more days off. This is the longest I have gone without working out for as long as I can remember. I think my body really needed the rest. My hip, my ankles, my knees were all hurting :rolleyes: Of course I noticed the new rotation starts with a bang - CCC on Monday! Tonight I have a chef coming over and preparing dinner for us and 2 other couples. I bought one of those Twongo deals and got it for half price so it was a great deal. He is making tuna with a gruit salsa, chicken with some kind of sun dried tomato sauce, and tenderloin with carmelized onion and brandy sauce! I hope it tastes as good as it sounds! Oh, and I did my pushups today but wasn't feeling as strong as Janie! I did 20/25/20/20/24 that last set was supposed to be 28 but I didn't make it :mad: DH was watching and told me I quit too soon that I could've made those last 4, so I did another set, but was only able to do 16 for that one! Have a great Saturday everyone!

Pam

I doubled up my workouts today since I missed Thursdays. I did Butts & Guts Leg Blast Premix and CTX Upper Body Split. I need to get my pullups in today but did get past week 3 of the pushup challenge!! Now I need to get busy cleaning and shopping and then trying to rest up before starting the January rotation Monday. :confused:

Cheryl Great job on getting in your STS and MMA Boxing workouts. Switching workout times is tough but once you hang in there long enough it does become habit. Ah! Isn't it great to have smart pets! Maggie doesn't like to eat pills either. I either have to crush them up and put them in her food or shove it in her mouth and hold her mouth shut until she swallows. :rolleyes:

Janie Great job on your challenges and your weight loss!!! That is so great! I'm hoping I can say the same after Thursday's eating debacle! :eek: During week 2 of the pull-up challenge, I have been hanging one foot off my stool so I am pulling up more of my body weight. I am thinking next week if I feel strong enough I might put on a weighted vest during the assisteds. That way I am still getting the assist with my feet on a bench but am pulling up more weight. We'll see!

Pam Great job on your pushups even if you didn't make the full amount on the last set. You are still getting stronger. DH should have been doing those pushups with you!! ;) At least I would have told my DH to do it if he thought it could be done! That challenge with the run sounds just like something a fraternity would dream up. Crazy and not something most sane people would do. I looked at the February rotation and thought it sounded really tough. I am putting it on the back burner for some other time.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

This morning it was STS Disk 3 Legs.

Janie Yeah on the weight loss. It always feels so good to lose a few pounds. You are doing really well with the challenges. Oh yes cats are smart. A little too smart....... I will have to try that trick of blowing air at him. So far he has been swallowing but you never know.

Pam I am doing the full STS rotation. I thought I would start it now since I don't have anything coming up that will get in the way of finishing it. I couldn't eat 1 Krispy Kreme donut let alone a dozen. They tried to open stores up here but I think they have all closed except one store. Here Tim Hortons rules with their donuts. I think staying home and keeping dry was a good idea. Your body will thank you for taking a bit of a break from working out. I think we all need that every once in a while. That is a great idea to have a chef come over and make dinner for you. Let us know how it turned out.

Julie You will enjoy January's rotation, it was a good one. I know mornings will get easier to do, I used to workout in the mornings for years. It just seems like since I have gotten older it has gotten harder to get up so early. Sometimes it is nice to have smart pets except when you are trying to trick them into eating something they don't want to :rolleyes:. I have got to the point too where I shove the pill in his mouth and hold it shut until he swallows.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Cheryl

Julie Great job on your double workout and getting past week 3 on the pushup challenge! The January rotation was a good one, I think you will enjoy it.
Actually my DH is doing the pushup challenge too and he had already done his on Friday night so I couldn't say too much to him!

Cheryl How were your legs and glutes doing yesterday after Disc, 3? i remember getting serious DOMS from the leg workouts in meso 1. Worse than the plyo legs!
Oh I do love the Krispy Kreme donuts but I don't eat them very often! You can stop in when the Hot Now sign is on though and get one while it's hot right off the production line. OMG, they just melt in your mouth. I better not think about that anymore :rolleyes:
We had Tim Hortons in the town where I grew up too, but don't have any of them down here. Krispy Kreme's are the thing around here.

I started the February rotation this morning with CCC and 300 walking lunges. CCC didn't seem as bad today as usual and for the first time EVER I was able to do all of the crossover pushups!! Hooray! I also did my week 4 day 3 pushups this morning, but didn't make the max number that I was supposed to :( I did 23/28/23/23/26 and that last set was supposed to be at least 33, so guess I will be doing week 4 over also. My whole body was shaking and my knees just collapsed under me when I tried to do another one :confused: I'm not sure if I should do the max test now or wait until I redo week 4 :confused:
The chef on Saturday night was fantastic. He did the whole meal as a demonstration and talked about what he was doing and why and the food was fantastic. We basically had 3 main courses though! We started with Tuna steaks with a grape and caper salsa with this dark cherry balsamic vinegar that was to die for. He served that with asparagus. After that we had chicken breasts on polenta with a sun dried tomato and pine nut cream sauce. THEN we had filet mignon with a caramelized onion bourbon cream sauce and garlic bread. It was so so good. I've been wishing I had bought more than one of the half price vouchers! Yesterday of course was the super bowl but we are trying to block that from our minds! ;) We did go to a fun super bowl party though! Now I need to get some work done. Have a great Monday everyone!

Pam

Yesterday I was so sore from my doubled up workout on Saturday. I did Stretch Max on the ball and it felt so good!!! This morning I started the January rotation with HiiT DWP. It felt really weird sleeping in until almost 4 and only doing a :30 workout.

I have a stupid question on STS Total Body. I am supposed to do that one on Wednesday and Saturday. I previewed it yesterday. On the back cover it shows chest presses being done on an incline and I thought I read in another thread that STS TB includes pull-ups. What I previewed did not include any incline chest presses or pull-ups. :confused: When I put the disc in, I clicked on Intermediate under Weight Selection so I don’t know if that makes a difference. Anyone know if it does? Since I haven’t even done STS yet and don’t have a 1RM for any of the exercises I am basically going to guess at what a challenging weight is.

Cheryl Great job on STS Legs! Just out of curiosity do you do the squat rack legs or plyo legs in Meso 3? I am trying to decide what to do when I do my round of STS. Seems like it shouldn’t be that hard of a decision but I keep waffling back and forth. Jason and I were watching a hockey game this weekend (Dallas and Philly?) and the announcer mentioned the Canucks (can’t remember wjy) but Jason said “I wonder what a Canuck is”? I told him I would ask you. ;)

Pam Great job on CCC and the 300 walking lunges! I see that number 300 and I think my eyes bug out. :eek: Do you do all 300 without any breaks in between? I will be starting week 4 of the pushup challenge tonight and am a little nervous about making it through day 1 let alone the whole week! The instructions are not very clear whether you should do the exhaustion test even if you are repeating week 4. I guess I would say no unless you are curious to see where you stand. Your dinner on Saturday sounded yummy!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

Dang, I lost my first post :mad:.

Anyway here I go again.
This morning I did STS Disk 4 Chest Shoulders and Biceps. I don`t think the pushups will ever get easy.

Pam I have serious DOMS in my legs but I am not sure if it was from STS or yoga. Yoga was really tough yesterday and I struggled with some of the poses. When I was watching our local news yesterday they had a clip of your Krispy Kreme donut run. They showed the people running with boxes of donuts. Yeah on doing the crossover pushups. They are not easy. Your dinner sounds awesome. Wouldn`t it be nice to have a chef come over every night and cook for you.

Julie STS TB doesn`t include pull ups but it does have the chest presses. I haven`t looked at the Intermediate weight selection so I am not sure if that makes a difference in the exercises. If you preview the workout from the beginning I believe the chest presses are one of the first exercises done. One thing I found is that STS TB moves quite fast so I would preview the whole thing and write down what weights you think you need. That way you won`t have to pause it all the time to figure out what weights you need.
I do the plyo legs since I don`t have a squat rack. Maybe if I get the weighted vest I could try the squat rack workout. You can let Jason know the word Canuck is slang for a Canadian. It is also the name of our Vancouver Canucks who are doing awesome right now and are right at this moment leading the Ottawa Sentors 3 - 1 Yeah!!!!

Helen Janie, I hope you both had a great weekend.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Cheryl

Julie Good for you doing the stretch max. I bet it felt great! It sounds funny hearing you talk about 'sleeping in' until almost 4! Yikes! I know what you mean about doing only a 30 minute workout. I always feel a little guilty when I do those, but since they are so intense, I don't feel TOO bad! :rolleyes:
I definitely know that there are no pullups in STS total body. I know there are chest presses, but can't remember if they were on an incline or not. What do you mean that you clicked on intermediate under weight selection? Where do you do that?? :confused:
I did do all 300 walking lunges with no breaks in between and it wasn't that bad. When I had to do walking lunges in this mornings workout I was cursing Cathe though! :p
I think I am going to just repeat week 4 of the push up challenge and then do my max test after I repeat it. I hope I can do it this time though!

Cheryl That is so annoying to lose your post! I'm glad it doesn't happen very often! Those push ups are the worst part of meso 1. I was so happy when I got to meso 2 and it didn't have all of those pushups!
That's funny that they showed the Krispy Kreme challenge on your local news! We can never believe that some people carry their donuts with them on the run back. I guess they want to get their money's worth!
It would be fantastic to have a chef come cook every night! I guess my DH kind've has that now though ;)

Janie and Helen I hope you are both doing well!

This morning when I got up I was surprised at how sore my quads were. I was thinking it was strange for them to be so sore after CCC, then I remembered the walking lunges! I had forgotten about those suckers! :rolleyes: THEN, I had to do Lower Body Blast and the first thing you do are WALKING LUNGES! Ouch! My quads are still screaming at me. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Pam

Last night I did day 1, week 4 of the pushup challenge: 21, 25, 21, 21, and 33 with a little over 60 second rest in between sets. I barely made that last set and am not even sure I should count the last one but I’m gonna! :confused: This morning I did a 40 minute steady state run and then Ab Circuits Weights & Plates. That ab workout was killer. I thought the disc pikes would be easier than stability ball pikes but I was so wrong. I don’t know if I was just wore out from the run or what but I was not doing good.

Cheryl Great job on STS! DOMS can be the worst. I always think when I get them that must mean I was really working it but then it just makes everything else super hard. I looked at STS TB and pull-ups and incline chest presses are listed in the chapters. I wonder if they are in one of the premixes or just there as bonus add-ons? I did watch the entire thing and they weren't in the workout so I guess I won't worry about it. I’ll let Jason know what a Canuck is. Isn’t there another hockey team called the Canadians? I’m not a huge hockey fan and definitely don’t keep up with it but I don’t mind watching a game now and then.

Pam Great job on LBB! The walking lunges from Butts & Guts Leg Blast on Saturday did my quads in too! Of course, I didn’t do 300 of them! I watched STS TB on my computer. On the main menu screen (with Introduction, Play, etc.) it listed “Weight Selection”. When I clicked on that, it had Beginner 60%, Intermediate 65%, and Advanced 70% 1st/75% 2nd. I clicked on Intermediate and then Return to Main Menu and then played the DVD from there. I really don’t know if the clicking on Intermediate did anything I was just confused by the picture on the back of the case. Maybe the incline chest presses and pull-ups are part of a premix because they are listed in the chapters.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Sorry for not posting yesterday, our electrical system kept going on and off. :(

Challenges for yesterday: Pull-Ups 60 sec between sets: Assisted 5, 4 Australian, Assisted 5, 5 Australian, and 1 hang. I'm done with level two, but I know I can't go to level 2 yet because there are pull ups and I still can't do one, so I'll do the last week of Level one again. Push Ups on Toes 60 sec. between sets: 18, 22, 16, 16, and 26. Sit ups with 60 sec. between sets: 54, 60, 45, 36, and 62. Then used heavier weight than normal and did hamstrings, inner and outer thighs, quads, shoulders, biceps and triceps. My whole body was trembling. Whew! Took over and hr. and 1/2. May have to start do the challenges in the morning and the rest at night.

Julie, Great job on the double up and the wonderful stretch. Congratulations for starting another rotation!

Cheryl, Great job on STS Disc 4, Chest Shoulders and Biceps. Push ups never get easy, but oh, they are worth bragging about. ;)

Pam, Great job on those walking lunges. Does it effect your knees at all? I may soon have to repeat on those push ups soon. So far though, I'm hanging in there, but by the skin of my teeth.:rolleyes: It just makes us stronger. OOOOO my, I bet your quads are screaming from doing walking lunges today as well. Ouch is right!

Helen, Great job on the pushups challenge. Wow! Also great job on the 40 min. run, and Ab Circuits Weight and Plates. Some days we are stronger than others, sometimes there is no rime or reason for it. You did good. Well done.

See yas,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.