Strength in Numbers

Cheryl Great job on getting in P30 UB with poor sleep and it being so hot. Boy the heat sure does suck the energy out of you doesn't it. And I absolutely hate sweating. During my workout, I can somewhat handle it but just to sweat in the middle of the day or night when sleeping, no thanks!

This morning I did an upper body workout. My overhead press was definitely weak but the rest of the workout was ok. I am still not 100% back to normal but I can tell I am slowly getting there. DH said he got a better night's sleep and was feeling up to going to work today. Hopefully he can make it through the whole day.

Have a great day!

Hi ladies, it looks like you have both been doing pretty well, but sorry to hear that you were sick Julie, especially over your long weekend!! We had a great time in Utah and Arizona, but it was very hot. It was fine, but we did shorter hikes than usual and always had electrolytes and lots of water and snacks. My DH has been wanting to try a camper van for so long, but this was a pretty long trip for it. We did stay in a hotel for a night halfway through, which really helped. The nice thing is that it could go anywhere and Utah has dispersed camping so you can basically pull off anywhere and camp. Luckily the evenings/nights were pretty cool. There was only 1 night that it was hot, but we were able to run the AC so it was good. We stayed in some really amazing spots and had some fabulous hikes. It was a lot of fun, but I was ready to get home. This morning I did Total Body Barbell and will probably be feeling it tomorrow since I haven’t done any upper body work in a couple of weeks. I’m really ready to get back into a routine, but we leave again next Wednesday to go to a wedding in Pennsylvania. Luckily this will be a much quicker trip though. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie The heat sure does suck the life out of you for sure. I am the same as you with it is fine sweating during my workout but not any other time. Great job on your upper body workout. Glad to hear that you are slowly getting better and that DH felt better to be able to go to work.

It was still a very hot night but I did manage to get a better nights sleep. This morning I did P30 LIHI Hiit. Now I am going to get the housework done before it gets too hot out and then have my shower. I know I will be sweating a lot doing the housework.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam So glad you had such a great time. I have never been camping in a camper van. We used to do tents when I was growing up and never again will I do that. Great job on TBB! Hopefully you can move your arms this morning.

Cheryl Glad you got better sleep even though it is still hot. Great job on P30 LIHI HiiT! I am so ready for the heat to let up but we still probably have a few months left of this.

This morning was my sleep in day. I'm still a little stuffy but so much better than last weekend. I am hoping this weekend is much better than last weekend. I know it won't be restful because I have so much to do from missing last weekend but I would rather be productive and exhausted and sick and exhausted.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl I‘m glad you were able to get a decent sleep despite the heat. Great job on P30 LI Hiit! I hope it wasn’t too hot while doing your housework!

Julie I’ve never been a fan of camping, but the van was a bit better since we had a bed and a bathroom and could cook. I still prefer staying in a hotel though . I’m glad you are feeling better, but it’s a bummer that you are going to be so busy for the weekend. Hopefully you’ll get at least a little relaxation time!

This morning I had to drop Kuzy at the vet for his neuter, but they called when I was on my way home and it turns out he is a she. So she will be getting spayed . The people we took her from said it was a boy and I never even checked, I guess I should know better. After I got home I did Step Works. I hadn’t done it in a long time and was thinking a lighter cardio would be good. Well, it wasn’t such a light cardio, it kicked my butt but I made it through. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam It looks like our posts crossed yesterday. Glad that you had a great time. I have never camped in a van just a tent or a 5th wheel trailer (which would be my go to now). Great job on Total Body Barbell.

Julie Yep we have several more months of the intense heat. Glad that you are feeling better. Don't do too much this weekend and try to relax a bit.

Pam Oops I guess you will be checking from now on :p. Great work on Step Works, I don't remember that one being lighter cardio.

This morning I did P30 Lower Body. Now I need to get ready to go to the SPCA. At least there is air conditioning there.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl I think that a 5th wheel trailer would have more room than the van. The nice thing about the van though was that it could go anywhere and we were on some pretty bumpy dirt roads to get to some of the trail heads. Great job on P30 lower body. I hope you enjoyed the AC at the SPCA!

This morning was XTrain 1 Chest, back and shoulders. We are starting to get the effects from Hurricane Beryl today so it is supposed to be rainy all day. We need the rain desperately though. So I can’t complain. Poor little Kuzy is not feeling well after her spay surgery yesterday. She was so stressed out about the whole thing that I think it made her sick. She did come out to see me this morning though, so hopefully she is starting to feel a little better. I started her on some antibiotics this morning too so fingers crossed she will be feeling better soon. Have a great day.

Pam

Pam Great job on XTrain Chest, Back and Shoulders. Hopefully you are just getting the rain and not the high winds from Beryl and it doesn't last too long. Poor Kuzy, I hope she starts to feel better soon.

I didn't sleep well at all last night so I just did STS 2 Chair Yoga and now I am getting the laundry done. It is going to be another hot one here today. We could use some of the rain that you are getting Pam.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl We didn’t get the wind from Beryl luckily! Great job on Chair yoga. Our rain has come and gone now, hopefully you will get some soon!

Yesterday morning was XTrain Bis and Tris. Last night we went to the Totally Tubular festival with all of these 80’s bands. It was a lot of fun, but really hot! This morning was XTrain Cardio Leg Blast and core 2. My core is still sore from the other day so it was really hard to do. Now I have a little running around to do and a wish celebration this afternoon. Kuzy seems to almost be back to her old self, I was happy to see her running around this morning. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam There is no rain in our forecast for the foreseeable future. Great job on XTrain Bids and Tris and Cardio Leg Blast and Core 2. That would be a cool concert to see with the 80s bands. Glad to hear that Kuzy is almost back to her old self.

Saturday I had dragon boat practice. It was really good but is was really busy out on the water. Everyone is taking advantage of the sunny weather. This morning I took as a day off but I did go to the farmers market.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam OMG that is funny about Kuzy being a girl not a boy. Great job on SW, XT CBS, XT B&T, and XT CLB plus core 2! So glad Kuzy seemed to bounce back quickly.

Cheryl Great job on P30 LB, STS CY2, and dragon boat practice! Hopefully being out on the water is a little relief from the heat.

Friday I did a heavy lower body workout and then DH wanted to trim the pear tree and it ended up being more work than I was hoping for but glad we got it done. Saturday was my mobility workout and then I went to my mom's and we loaded up a pickup with a bunch of stuff to take to my brother's and Goodwill and then we went to my BIL's to load up a bunch of stuff to bring out to our house and then we loaded the pickup with a bunch of stuff from my house to put in my BIL's dumpster. DH and I were spent after all that. I am so happy I workout and lift heavy because I don't think I would have been able to help with most of that if I hadn't. Sunday I was sore from Saturday's movefest but I did do a heavy upper body workout and then rested the rest of the day. This morning was my sleep in day.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on dragon boat practice!

Julie Great jo bon your heavy lower body workout and trimming the pear tree! I hate trimming trees! Great job on your mobility workout and all of that moving! Wow! You got multiple workouts in for sure! Great job on your heavy upper body workout after all of that!

This morning was ICE Rock’em Sock’em kickbox with the blizzard blast. Now I have some house work to get done before we leave again on Wednesday. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on your heavy lower body workout, your mobility work and your heavy upper body workout. Wow that was a lot of work that you did over the weekend with trimming the tree and all the moving that you did.

Pam Good work on Rock'em Sock'em Kickbox and the BB.

I did not sleep well last night because it was so hot but I did manage to do LITE Pyramid Upper Body after having a very slow morning. Now I need to get some things done before I go to have a field of vision test done this afternoon.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on ICE RSK plus BB! Hope you get everything done before you have to leave again.

Cheryl Great job on LITE PUB on poor sleep! I can't believe how hot is right now. On my drive in this morning at 5:45 am it was already mid-70s.

Last night after we were asleep for about 2 hours the power went out. We have a whole house generator and we heard it running but it wasn't powering the house. So I called the emergency number and they had us go out in the rain and try to reset the generator which didn't work so then we had to wait for a technician to come out to fix what turned out to be a loose wire. Luckily it didn't take long to fix but by the time it was all said and done it had been almost 3 hours. So needless to say I did not work out this morning with getting such awful sleep. Even with skipping my workout and sleeping in an extra 2 hours, I am still exhausted. And our power still hadn't come on in the morning so the generator was still running and the internet was out too.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on PUB after a lousy sleep. It seems like it is incredibly hot everywhere right now!

Julie Oh boy, what a terrible night that was. I hope that your power has come back on now and hopefully you will get a decent sleep tonight!

This morning was STS 2 Total body giant sets. It was really hard! I had to drop my weights on several exercises and I had to stop early on the last set of deadlifts because I had no grip strength and would have dropped the dumbbells! After struggling thought that I did STS 2 no equipment abs. Kuzy is goi ng on a trial adoption today, so hopefully that goes well. She’s such a sweetheart that I can’t imagine it won’t, but you never know. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie We are having the same heat as you. It is not enjoyable at least not for me. I can handle up to about 80 degrees but anything over that I am done. What an awful night you had. I hope your power has come back on now and you will get a better sleep tonight.

Pam Great job on STS 2 Total Body Giant Sets and No Equipment Abs. Fingers crossed that Kuzy's trial goes well.

I actually got a better nights sleep as we did get a nice breeze last night. This morning I did LITE Rev'd Up Rumble. Now I need to get groceries and then I need to go and have my CPAP machine in for its annual check.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on STS 2 TBGS and STS 2 NE abs! Fingers crossed for Kuzy's trial.

Cheryl So glad you got a better night's sleep! Great job on LITE RUR!

Our power ended up coming back on around noon or at least the text message from the power company said it did. When I got home Petunia had messy poo in her crate so that was fun to clean up. But I did get better sleep last night. The program I am doing is testing our deadlift 1RM this week so I decided to take today off as I am going to test it tomorrow so want to be as rested as possible.

Have a great day!

This morning I slept in and then did my 1RM deadlift attempt. I didn't end up getting as heavy as I wanted. Tried 280 and it wouldn't budge so went down to 275 and it still wouldn't budge. Then I got a slow and heavy 270. Even thought it wasn't as heavy as I wanted and I did do 270 for 2 reps last week, I'm still happy with my progress. It is 15 pounds heavier than when I tested it in November last year but I also think my form has improved.

Have a great weekend!

Julie That is no fun to clean up messy poop but at least your power was back on. I think deadlifting 270 is really good. That and upping your weight by 15 pounds since last November too. Maybe by this November you will be able to do the 280 pounds.

So I don't know what I did to my knee Tuesday but by the evening it was really swollen and sore. I have only done some mobility work and some stretching to try to fix it and it is doing a lot better but still not 100%. Wednesday I went out to my mom's and it was a very busy day because there were a few places that she wanted to go. Thursday I was at the SPCA and I was there most of the day because we got a lot of cats and kittens and I needed to take two of them to the vet to get checked out. Friday I got the housework and laundry done and then did some errands in the afternoon. Today dragon boat practice was cancelled because the sailing club had a competition today and needed the area where we dragon boat. I am kind of glad since I am moving really slowly and it is still stupid hot here. Tonight we are going to Ribfest at the park just down the street. It should be fun but very hot.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl Oh no. Is this the same knee that you did physical therapy on earlier? I'm glad it is doing better. Wow you got a lot done and very busy too. Glad you had time to get out with your mom.

Friday I did my mobility work and then went to my mom's and did some things for her. Saturday was a full body weight day to finish out my deload week. Then DH and I did some things around the house. Sunday I had as a full rest day and also had my sleep in day this morning. Tomorrow I start a new program and am kind of happy to be done focusing on deadlifts for a while.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.