Strength in Numbers

Pam Great job on your bike ride with DH! Wow that is awesome how much you raised at the Wish Ball! Um ... someone donated a puppy to auction and someone else paid $17,000 for it. o_O That is ridiculous. They could have donated that money to the shelter and saved so many more puppies and cats. Great job on RUUB, B&G, and KPC! Hope you had a good Costco trip!

Cheryl Oh I am so sorry about the regatta! That sounds awful. I can't believe they didn't just cancel it since it sounds like it was pretty dangerous out there. I am glad you stayed safe and are resting. You probably need it with that stressful event plus the wide swings in weather and air quality. I hope Zoey gets better soon.

This morning I did a heavy upper body weight workout! It is going to be a long and rough day. I have two interviews to conduct today plus several meetings and then before I go home I get to go to the gyno for my yearly appointment.

Have a great day!

Julie Great work on your heavy upper body weight workout. You sure don't have a fun day ahead. I hope everything goes well.

So Zoey is now on antibiotics for her UTI. Hopefully it get cleared up soon. This morning I did P30 Lower Body. I am still tired for some reason so I want to keep the workouts short this week. Now it is my turn to go and brave Costco and then stop and do our regular grocery shopping. Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Oh my gosh, that regatta sounds like an absolute nightmare! I’m so sorry they didn’t just cancel it with so much going on. I’m not surprised that you were still worn out after all of that stress.

Julie Great job on your heavy upper body workout. I hope your long tough day passed without incident. It doesn‘t sound like a fun day at all!

Cheryl I’m glad that Zoey is on antibiotics now and hopefully on the mend. Great job on P30 Lower body! I’m sure the stress of the weekend is part of why you are so tired. I hope that your Costco trip was uneventful!

This morning DH and I went on a 6.5 mile hike. We are leaving next Tuesday for a two week hiking trip so thought we should do a little hiking to get ready. We are coming closer to you Cheryl: Lake Louise, Jasper, and Banff. Hopefully it won’t be too smoky! Ariel and Gideon, the two kitties who freaked out on us are doing a lot better, but she is drooling a lot and the drool smells bad so she has a vet appointment tomorrow. Hopefully I can get her to the vet without incident! Have a great day!

Pam

Cheryl Great job on P30 LB! That's a good plan to keep the workouts short until you feel better. I made it through my day. I am glad they got Zoey on antibiotics. Hope you got through Costco quickly!

Pam Great job on your long hike with DH! That sounds like a good plan to do some hiking to get ready for the trip. Oh I hope the vet could figure out what was going on. Sounds like maybe a bad tooth.

This morning I did a bike ride in Chicago and a mobility session. DH took Petunia to the vet yesterday for her still having softer poo and accidents in the house occasionally. The vet said she thinks it is nerves and put her on puppy Prozac. I hate putting her on medication but both the vet and us are hoping that it is short term to help her get over being anxious with new surroundings and us leaving.

Have a great day!

Pam Great job on your 6.5 mile hike. Enjoy your hike in the Canadian Rockies, hopefully it won't be too smoky for you. Are you flying in through Edmonton or Calgary? I know there are a lot of fires burning in the Northwest Territories so it may be smoky in Edmonton, it will just depend on how the wind is blowing. I hope you can get her to the vet without too much drama.

Julie Good work on your bike ride in Chicago and mobility session. I hate putting our cats on medication too but hopefully it will only be short term and it will help her with her nerves.

So Costco was uneventful however driving home was a different matter. On my way home my left eye all of a sudden had a line running through the middle of it and I couldn't see through the top half of my eye. It was a bit freaky but it only lasted a couple of minutes. When I got home I decided just to go to the hospital which is right across the street to have it looked at. The doctors couldn't see anything wrong so they made a referral to my ophthalmologist to have them take a more in depth look. So I have an appointment at 3:30 today to see if there are any issues with my eyes. Hopefully not, and it was something minor. Today though I did do LITE Cardio Party. Since I am not going out to my mom's today because of my appointment I will try to get some things accomplished here.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Julie Great job on your bike ride and mobility session. I sure hope the Prozac helps Petunia. We had to put Fritz on Prozac for awhile because he was marking in the house, The combination of that and keeping the fosters in a separate space has almost completely stopped it. He will still do it every once in awhile if he Is really anxious, but we stopped giving him the Prozac after just a few months.

Cheryl We are flying into Calgary and hoping for not much smoke. I’m glad that Costco was uneventful but wow! That had to be so scary with your eye. I hope that the eye Doctor was able to figure out what was going on and it isn’t serious! Great jo bon Cardio Party too!

This morning DH and I went for a bike ride. It was a lot cooler than it has been, only in the 70’s when we rode which was really nice. After that I had to take Ariel to her vet appointment. Somehow those cats have a sense about when you are coming to get them to go to the vet, she was having nothing to do with me. I had to get DH to come help me catch her and now she isn’t haven’t anything to do with me. I hope she is over that soon. It turns out that she burned her tongue! I have no Idea how she did that, the only possibility in the rooms that she has been in are the outlets. There is one lamp in there but it hasn’t even been plugged in so thinking maybe she licked an outlet! I ordered some of those childproof things to plug into all of the outlets in there and they are supposed to be here tomorrow. They gave her an antibiotic shot and said that the smell should be better by Friday. have a great day!

Pam

Cheryl Great job on LITE CP! Oh that is scary. I get floaters quite a bit but that sounds really scary. I hope they were able to tell you what happened and that it is not serious.

Pam Great job on your bike ride with DH! Oh my goodness. I am glad you got her to the vet and that it wasn't anything major. It's a miracle she only got a burnt tongue from licking the outlet. We are hoping it will only be two months for Petunia too.

This morning was my sleep in day and I really needed it. I didn't want to get up even 2 hours later than normal. It has been so hot out in the upper 90s with heat index over 100. We have one more day today and then we cool off to the 80s over the weekend.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Wow, I’m glad you were able to sleep 2 hours longer, it sounds like you really needed it! We cooled off a bit for a day and are back in the upper 90s again. We were looking at the weather forecast for our trip next week and it is sounding great. 70’s during the day and 30s!! at night.

This morning was ICE Chisled upper body. I did a premix that does the whole routine and then repeats the standing portion. Even with that, it was under an hour. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Good job on your bike ride and in cooler temperatures. I don't think there is too much smoke if any in Calgary but things can change in an instant. Oh poor Ariel, she was lucky that she only burnt her tongue. I am sure you will be her friend again once she settles down.

Julie Sounds like you really needed to sleep in. I find it is almost impossible to get a good nights sleep when it is that hot out. I hope it cools off for you soon and you can get some rest.

Pam Great work on the ICE Chiseled Upper Body premix.

So I had quite the day yesterday. When I went to my eye doctor I had some tests done and in explaining to her what happened she said that I had a eye stroke which is a wake up call before having a major stroke. So she sent me back to the hospital for a stroke analysis. So they did blood work, and ECG, glucose test and a CT scan of my head. It all came back normal but the ER doctor said that something went wrong and it would be a good idea to have it checked out further. They are sending a referral to the neurology ward in a different hospital which has a stroke clinic. Yikes here I am thinking I am doing the right things and it still happened. It was a long day as my eye appointment was at 3:30 then I got to the hospital at 5pm and then I didn't get out of there until midnight. They were busy and it took a while to get some of the test results back. The doctor said to keep my activity level the same there was no need to stop but I am so tired this morning that I decided to not workout this morning. I will hopefully get back to normal tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Wow, you sure did have quite the day. I have never heard of an eye stroke before! Did they tell you anything to change in order to prevent a stroke? That is really scary and I’m not surprised that you were too tired to work out after that long and stressful day!

This morning was Great Glutes Extreme. It’s not really very extreme though, it just adds one more short chair segment that makes it just slightly over an hour total. This afternoon I have a mammogram, oh joy! It’s supposed to be 100 degrees today so will probably just do some chilling after that. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Good job on Great Glutes Extreme. Mammograms are no fun but necessary, I have one booked for next Saturday. Chilling sounds like a good idea in that heat.

So I was more tired today than yesterday so I am not working out. The ER doctor just told me that I could keep up with my regular activities but I don't have the energy at all right now. I was suppose to go dragon boating tomorrow morning but the way I feel I opted out. I do have an appointment Monday morning at the stroke clinic so they will be able to give me more information as to what I should and shouldn't be doing. I am not sure if they will run more tests or exactly what is in store for me. I think I will be taking it easy until then when I can get more information.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on ICE CUB premix! That sounds like perfect weather for a hiking trip. Great job on GG Extreme! At least you got it out of the way for another year. Hopefully you got to chill with that heat wave.

Cheryl Oh my that is quite the ordeal and scare. I imagine that the unknown stress is adding to your feeling tired. I am so sorry this is going on. My brother had an eye stroke earlier this year and lost his vision in the one eye. They said it would be permanent but I think he can see lights and shadows. I hope they can figure out what is going on and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Friday I did a heavy lower body workout and then I picked pears from my tree. I think I pulled a chest muscle wielding the 8 foot fruit picker pole. Saturday I did my mobility and then went to my mom's to do some things for her. Sunday I did a heavy upper body workout and luckily my chest did ok with the bench press. This morning I did a heavy lower body workout and some hip flexor work.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I’m sure the stress that you are feeling is adding to your being so tired. I don’t blame you for taking it easy until you get more information. Hopefully your appointment at the stroke clinic will be helpful.

Julie Great job on your heavy lower body workout. Oh no, what a bummer that you pulled a muscle picking pears! Great job on mobility your heavy upper body workout and your heavy lower body workouts! I’m glad that your chest was feeling good enough For your bench press.

I didn’t take a rest day over the weekend since we have an early morning flight tomorrow and that will be my rest day. Saturday was Hiit 30/30 and the abs from Muscle endurance. We had friends over for dinner that night so I did some cooking and cleaning to get ready for that. Sunday was STS 2 Total Body Tri-sets. Then I went to a big outdoor art festival. I got a couple of little things, but I didn’t stay too long because it was so hot. This morning was Drill Max, which wasn’t the best idea the day after TBT. I had forgotten how much upper body work there is in DM, but I got through it. Today I have a hair appointment and then I have to take the kittens to other fosters. Ariel and Gideon are going together and the other three are going to someone else. Have a great day and a great 2 weeks, I probably won’t be back on until after we’re home on the 11th.

Pam

Julie That is terrible that your brother lost his vision. One of my fears is to lose my vision. So far so good and I hope it continues. Great work on your heavy lower body workout, mobility work, heavy upper body workout and heavy lower body workout and hip flexor work. That is good that your chest held out for the bench press.

Pam Good job on Hiit 30/30, abs from Muscle Endurance. STS2 Total Body Tri-sets and DM. Enjoy your vacation to the great white north and hopefully it will be smoke free for you.

So Saturday I was feeling pretty good so I did STS 2 Mobility 1 and 2. Then I met up with a friend for lunch. Sunday was a pretty lazy day and this morning I went to the stroke clinic. They said that nothing showed up on the tests they had done so far and that I was in very good health. I do need to go for more blood work and have a 24 hour heart monitor attached to me which will be on Friday. They said that I can do my regular activities which is good. However I am taking the rest of the year off from dragon boating since that was a big stressor for me this season. If I am able to return to it I am going to be going over to another team where there is no chaos and drama. There is too much of that on the team I am with now. I did go for a walk though this afternoon. I needed to move and not sit anymore.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on 30/30 and ME abs, STS 2 TBT, and Drill Max! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Cheryl Great job on STS 2 Mobility 1 & 2! I am glad you were feeling a little better. That is good news from the stroke clinic. Yes, if the dragon boating team you are on is causing you stress you don't need it in your life. I am glad you can go to another team so you can still enjoy boating.

This morning I did a heavy upper body workout and some conditioning of KB swings and high knees for 5 minutes. That was the longest and shortest 5 minutes of my life.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on your heavy upper body workout and your long and short 5 minutes of KB swings and high knees :D.

This morning I did Boss Bands Total Body. It felt good to get moving again. Then DH had a dentist appointment and after that I went to get groceries. We had a big thunder storm roll through early this morning. It sounded like it was right on top of us.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on BBTB! I love thunderstorms when they are in the distance. When they are right on top of you can feel scary.

This morning I did a bike ride in Chicago! I usually do a mobility or yoga afterwards but I am so tired for some reason so I skipped it and took a long hot shower.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on your bike ride in Chicago. Good for you in listening to your body sometimes a hot shower is what is needed instead.

This morning I did Rev'd Up Rumble. Now I am going to get a few things done before we go out to my mom's to get her out for a bit. I didn't get out there last week because of what was going on with me so I think she is more than ready to get out and about.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on RUR! I am glad you are able to get out to see your mom and get her out for a little bit. I'm sure she missed you too!

This morning I did nothing but sleep in. It felt nice but I could have kept sleeping. We have a long weekend with Labor Day Monday. It is supposed to be nice today and tomorrow but then 90s the rest of the weekend.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Sleeping in is wonderful. Enjoy your long weekend.

This morning I had a hard time getting going so I didn't workout as I didn't have time before I needed to get to the SPCA. We had a large transfer so it took a while to look after all the animals. After that I had to go for blood work. I had 8 vials of blood taken, that has been the most ever. We will see what if anything it turns up. Tomorrow I get to have a heart monitor attached to me for 24 hours. Fun times.

Enjoy your long weekend.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.