Strength in Numbers

Cheryl Great job on LITE CP! Oh yea, I am glad it is cooler for you. Hopefully it stays cooler for the weekend.

This morning I did a heavy upper body workout and some hip flexor strengthening. I am getting off work early and going to try to brave Costco. I'm hoping it won't be as busy on Thursday afternoon and maybe I can avoid the Memorial Day rush.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Great job on ICE MTB and braving Costco! I made a Costco run on Monday too and it wasn’t too bad.

Julie Oh that is the worst when you are sleeping so deeply when the alarm goes off,. Great job getting in your bike ride and yoga anyway!

Cheryl Great job on CP. It’s nice that it has cooled off some for you. I wish you would send some of the heat our way. We are having such cool weather for this time of year!

Yesterday was a nice day so DH and I went for a bike ride. It was pretty cool when we started, but it warmed up pretty quickly. This morning was Body Weight and Bands with the Calorie Crush and Six pack abs. I didn’t end up getting the kittens on Tuesday because the woman who found them decided she wants to foster them. I am supposed to be getting 2 others sometime, but I’m not sure when. They have to be trapped so they might be kind’ve spicy. Have a great day!

Pam

Last edited:
Julie Great job on your heavy upper body workout and hip flexor strengthening. Fingers crossed that Costco isn't too busy for you.

Pam Well it has heated up again but only for today and tomorrow where it will be in the mid 80s. Saturday it is supposed to cool off again to the low 70s. Good work on your bike ride,, Body Weight and Bands + Calorie Crush + Six Pack Abs. Spicy kittens will keep you busy.

This morning I did the Lower Body Express premix for Turbo Barre. It was still about 52 minutes long. Now I am going to get the housework done before it gets too hot. I am not going to the SPCA until this afternoon. We are only getting 4 kittens this week as we still have some cats that still haven't been adopted, so an easy transfer compared to last week.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on LBE, although 52 minutes doesn’t sound much like an express workout to me! :rolleyes: That transfer will be a breeze after the one you had last week!

This morning was Tabatacise plus core 1. I forgot to say yesterday that my STS 2.0 discs arrived on Wednesday. I’m waiting until the users guide is available to decide when I will start a rotation. Have a great day!

Pam

Happy Saturday. This morning was High Reps, I liked it more than I remembered, probably because I haven‘t done it in awhile. Our Memorial Day weekend is going to be a washout so we will be hanging out inside all weekend. Have a great day!

Pam

Good morning! I hope everyone has been having better weather than we have this weekend. We have had rain all weekend and it is supposed to rain every day this week . Yesterday was my rest day and I mostly had a lazy day. I did make a pound cake because we were going to a friends for dinner. This morning I did Imax 3 and now am getting myself motivated to do something. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Great job on Tabatacise + Core 1, High Reps and Imax 4. That sucks that you are having crappy weather for your long weekend. We are having much better weather here but I do know what it is like to have rainy weather for an extended period of time. I am suppose to get my STS 2.0 this Thursday. Fingers crossed that they will arrive on time.

Friday I did yoga since I was pretty stiff after Turbo Barre. Then I went and took my mom to her cardiologist appointment. Things are OK and she needs to go back in 6 months to see her. Saturday I went dragon boating. It was a nice day and the workout was great. Sunday I took as my day off but we did go out for dinner with our friend. This morning was PHA 2. Then I took our friend to go get his work van from the mechanic and then I went to Home Depot to pick up a BBQ. Ours is done in, I was hoping for one more year but it didn't happen. Now I need to get a few things done before I go dragon boating tonight.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on your bike ride and BW and Bands with the CC and 6 pack abs! I got my STS dvds too. I am pretty into my current weight lifting program so I might try to incorporate the activity recovery, mobility and yoga sections. Great job on Tabatacise plus core 1 and High Reps! Oh no so sorry about all the rain. I hope you stay as dry as you can. Great job on Imax 3!

Cheryl Great job on TB LB Express! Cathe sometimes has a funny definition of what is express. Great job on doing yoga to help loosen up the stiffness. That sounds like a good checkup for your mom. Great job on dragon boating. So glad you had a nice day for it. Great job on PHA 2! Oh a new BBQ sounds exciting.

Friday I did a heavy lower body workout and a hike in the Scottish Highlands and then did chores around the house. It was so nice out and I was able to sit outside in the afternoon for a little while. Saturday I was doing my lower body mobility and my lower back was really tight and starting to seize up so I decided to call it quits before I did damage. I ended up taking the rest of the day as a rest day. Sunday I did a heavy upper body workout and some hip flexor work as my back was feeling a little better. Monday my back was still a little sore but I decided to try a heavy lower body workout which I made it through and then I was lazy the rest of the day. This morning I did a bike ride in Costa Rica and a hatha yoga session. I think the yoga really helped work out the rest of my lower back stiffness and soreness. I am feeling pretty good now.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on your heavy lower body workout and hike in the Scottish Highlands, your lower body mobility and stopping before your lower back got worse. Great job too on your heavy upper body workout and hip flexor work, your heavy lower body workout, your ride in Costa Rica and hatha yoga session. I always find that either stretching or yoga helps my lower back when it is stiff. That is nice that you had nice weather for your long weekend and could sit out on your deck.

So yesterday afternoon I was outside doing some yard work and Tango was there with me. One of our neighbors came over and we were chatting. His wife popped over and pointed and said "Bear". We turned around and a black bear was about 10 feet away from us. Eek we walked away and I grabbed Tango and put him inside. He was very confused since he didn't see the bear. When I went back the bear had disappeared. We went around letting people know who were outside just to be aware but we didn't see him again. I think this is one of the bears that has been hanging around our neighborhood the past little while. One way to get your adrenaline going. This morning I did P30 Low Impact Hiit. Now I need to get groceries and then take our old BBQ to the dump.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl OMG! I love how you are all so calm about it and just walk away. I would freak out which I am pretty sure you don't want to do in front of a bear. Glad everyone and Tango was ok. Great job on P30 LI HiiT!

This morning I did some more hip flexor strengthening and some lower body mobility. I did a more express version of what I do on Saturdays and oddly enough I feel like I got into my front splits a little more comfortably. Maybe I need to make Saturdays express too.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on yoga. That is great that your mom got good news at her check up! Great job on dragon boating, I’m glad that you had nice weather for it. I’m sure that makes a big difference. Great job on PHA2, enjoy that new BBQ!

Julie Great job on yoyr lower body workout and hike. I’m envious that you had nice weather for your long weekend. It is usually hot here by now and we have been having so much cool, wet, weather. We go to the beach in a couple of weeks so hopefully it gets better by then. Great job listening to your body and calling it quits when your back was bothering you. It’s great that it is doing better and you were able to do your workouts. Great job on your upper body workout, hip flexor work, lower body workout, bike ride, and yoga! Hopefully your back issues are all gone.

Cheryl Oh boy, that would definitely get the adrenaline pumping seeing a bear like that. We had a close encounter with a black bear on one of our hikes one time. We stepped off the path to look at a stream and were admiring the scenery and I turned around and there was a bear. We had been to bear training so we just kept saying ok, stay calm, don’t make eye contact, but get our your phone for a picture! We got a nice picture and then we all went on our way. Great job on LI Hiit!

Julie Great job on your heip flexor strengthening and lower body mobility work. Hmmm, maybe the express version is the way to go!

It looks like I forgot to post yesterday, but I did Ft Split Pull day + Push Day pre-mix. Then I had a bunch of running around to do. This morning was Crossfire + core. I hadn’t done that one in awhile and forgotten how tough it is. Levi and Mika were officially adopted yesterday and the guy that has Kit Kat said that he is adopting her too, so it was a good day for the kitties. Have a great day!

Pam

Last edited:
Julie Good job on your hip flexor strengthening and lower body mobility. Keep doing the express routine and see how it goes.

Pam I wish I had gotten a picture but things happened a bit too fast. Oh well I am sure I will run into him or another one again. Great work on FS Pull Day + Push Day premix and Crossfire + Core. That is great news about the kitties being adopted.

This morning was PHA 3. That is my favorite one. My mom told me to take a break from coming out this week so I am going to get some cleaning and errands done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on FS Pull + Push Day and Crossfire plus core! That one is in the top 5 of the toughest I think. Such happy news on the kitty adoptions.

Cheryl Great job on PHA3! I hope you got a lot done and can find time to also relax a little. I may end up trying to do the express version again and see what happens.

This morning I did a heavy upper body workout. We are in crazy hot temps and it is going to last through next week so far. In the 90s! I got in my car and it said 102. I doubt I will be doing anything outdoors this weekend with the temps.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl great job on PHA 3, it’s my favorite one too. Try not to spend all of your time on cleaning and errands!

Julie Great job on your heavy upper body workout! You are getting our weather and we are getting yours I think. It’s only been in the 70’s for highs and that is just crazy cool for this time of year.

This morning I did LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets lower+upper. She uses pretty light weights in that one, so I was able to go heavier than Cathe in everything except shoulders. Those lighter weights were perfect for my wimpy shoulders. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on your heavy upper body workout. That is hot, being inside with air conditioning sounds better.

Pam Good work on LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower and Upper. That is great that you can go heavier than Cathe in everything except shoulders.

This morning I was really tired so I only did ICE Rock'em Sock'em Kickbox. We tried to put our BBQ together last night and noticed that the lid was bent :mad:. So we had to pack it all up again (which isn't easy) and took it back to Home Depot. Their customer service is really good and we got another one. We haven't tried to put it together yet and fingers crossed that everything is fine with this one. I went to the SPCA too and helped out for a few hours.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on RSK! That really stinks that the lid on your new BBQ was bent, it is such a hassle to have to return anything, but especially something that big. It’s nice that their customer service is so good though.

This morning was Perfect 30 High Impact Hiit and the pyramid step bonus. It was really hard this morning. I took an extra long break before the longest interval in the pyramid portion but then was able to finish it. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Great job on P30 High Impact Hiit and the pyramid step bonus.

Friday I took as a day off and got the vacuuming and laundry done. Saturday morning I went dragon boating. It was another nice day on the water. After I got home our friend helped me get the BBQ put together. This time everything was as it should be. I didn't realize how hot it was out and got totally burnt especially on my shoulders. This morning I went to the farmers market and now figuring out what we are doing for the rest of the day.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on LITE SS LB + UB! I would happily switch temps with you! Great job on P30 HI HiiT plus Pyramid step bonus! Sometimes you just need a little extra breather to get our composure back.

Cheryl Great job on ICE RSK! What a bummer about the bent lid. Glad you got a new one so easily. Great job on your dragon boating! Hope your burn isn't too bad.

Friday I did a heavy lower body workout and then did a bunch of meal prepping and cleaning. Saturday I did upper body mobility and some work on my backbends and forearm stands and then a hike in Scottish Highlands! After that DH and I took a road trip up to Madison, WI to pick up a new boxer. Her name is Petunia and she is so beautiful and so sweet. She is about 3-4 years old and came from a puppy mill. She is not as scared as Layla was but is very submissive. We have felt really blessed that when we got her home Ruby and Gunner accepted her right away. She did just get spayed on 6/1 and had a cyst removed so we have to limit her activity for another week. That is so hard when she is trying to get Gunner to play with her. I did not get good sleep this whole weekend with all the excitement but I did get up and do a heavy lower body workout this morning.

Have a great day!2023-06-05_6-57-31.jpg

Julie Great job on your 2 heavy lower body workouts, your mobility and back bends and forearm work, your hike in the Scottish Highlands. Awww Petunia is beautiful and that is great that Gunner and Ruby have accepted her. It is hard to keep them still when they just want to play.

This morning I did Step Sync. Now I need to get a few things done before it gets too hot out and it is dragon boating tonight.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl I’m so happy that you had another nice day on the water and you got your BBQ put together with no problems this time. That’s too bad about your sunburn, hopefully it heals quickly!

Julie Great job on your lower body workout, upper body mobility work, backbends and forearm stands and your hike! I’m so excited for you and Petunia! What a pretty girl and so great that Ruby and Gunnar accepted her so quickly! It can be really hard to him their movement limited, good luck! Great job on your heavy lower body workout too!

Cheryl Great job on SS! I hope you have another nice night for dragon boating.

I tool Saturday as my rest day. I did a bit of work around the house and then spent some time by the pool because we finally had a nice hot day. Yesterday I did Cardio Kicks and then laundry and housework and a little running around. This morning was Imax 2 and my favorite 128 Jeannie hops! Then I did some cleaning to get ready for our company this weekend. I have to get all of the kittens into one room since we will Be using all of our bedrooms and bathrooms, but I can’t do that until mom goes in for her spay on Thursday. I also just went and picked up a 4 week old kitten from the shelter, She has an enormous bulging eye that needs to be removed, so I’m taking her to the vet this afternoon. Poor thing, but she is so sweet and purring anyway. Have a great day!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.