Strength in Numbers

Cheryl Great job on P30 LI and Pyramid Hiit! Wow, 5 more visits to the dentist?! Talk about a dream factor. I know he will be happy when he is finished.

Julie Some people use the same sauce for lasagna and spaghetti, but I used a sauce with a lot more meat and more liquid for lasagna since it will soak into the noodles. I did order YB through the website and received the digital links, but I haven't looked at them yet. The dvds have already shipped as well so they will probably be here before I do. Great job your run in NZ and YB. That is the worst when you are counting down the time like that. About the only way I can send to run in to do intervals to make it less boring.

Cheryl You are such a great neighbor walking Zoey for your neighbor. I hope he appreciates it! Great job on your housework on getting another walk in, and your dry land training session.

Julie Great job on YB Booty, total body, core and adding back the one you missed. I hope you are able to get your grocery shopping done with no snow. Driving in the snow is so stressful.

Cheryl Great job on SS and your walk in the pouring rain. I would totally use the rain as an excuse not to go out!

Looks like I forgot to post for a couple of days. On Wednesday, DH and I went for a bike ride. His bike isn't here yet, but he borrowed one that he will be able to use until his comes. It was a nice day but really windy which made it tough. Yesterday I did SJP, then ran some errand and did some house cleaning. This morning was Hardcore extreme Interval circuit. I was running out of juice by the last round but made it through. It's a another rainy day here, but I have some house cleaning to get done so it's a good day to stay inside. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam There are times in the year that if you use rain as an excuse not to go out you will be housebound for months. Good work on your bike ride, SJP and Hardcore Extreme Interval Circuit. I haven't done the Hardcore workouts in a while.

So Friday I did P30 Upper Body and then I went to work. It was pretty quiet since we only received a pair of bonded cats who were adopted out on Saturday. Saturday morning I did a paddling simulation with more dragon boaters. This will be my Saturday workout for the next 12 weeks. Today I took as my day off but I did walk down to the farmers market to pick up a few things.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on SS! So glad you got to have a nice relaxing day. You are awesome to walk in the rain. Great job on P30 UB! How does the paddling simulation work?

Pam No worries on not posting. Great job on your bike ride with DH and SJP and HC EIC! Now that your DH is retired, is he planning on joining your workouts?

Well this weekend did not go as planned. It snowed too much Thursday afternoon for me to go grocery shopping. Thursday evening and Friday morning Sheba was acting really odd. She walked behind our couch which is backed up to the wall without about a foot of space and then hid in our closet. So we took her to the U of I Vet clinic and after 6 hours there, they suggested she get an MRI as they suspected a brain tumor. We brought her home that night with an appointment for Wednesday to get an MRI. Saturday morning, she wouldn't eat and hadn't eaten since Friday morning, not even treats or cheese. She would try pace and sometimes just start collapsing. After talking with some other boxer owners who have seen brain tumors, we decided that we couldn't put her through anymore. She most likely had a fast growing aggressive tumor and there was no way she could wait until Wednesday and then how long before any treatment and what would that do to her at her age. We made the hard decision to let her go. It was awful. DH couldn't be there because we had offered to help transport a rescue dog that day and if one of us didn't do it, it was going to compromise the whole transport since we were Leg 3 out 9 legs transporting the dog from southern IL to MN. I ended up asking my dad to go with me to the vet. I am glad he was there. After leaving the vet, I had to go grocery shopping because I still hadn't done it and we were supposed to get another round of snow that night. I intended to workout when I got home but I was just exhausted mentally and physically as I had not slept well Friday night worrying about Sheba. I ended up not working out at all over the weekend and DH and I just snuggled with the dogs and binged on Netflix. I did workout this morning doing a couple rounds of YB yoga. I miss her! I know it will pass with time but it is still fresh.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on P30 UB. I bet it was nice to have a quiet day at work. How do you do a paddling simulation? It sounds interesting?

Julie My DH started doing weight workouts in the summer and has been pretty consistently working out about 6 days a week since then, but he wants to start doing some bike riding too. We got him a bike for his birthday in November, but it won't be here until March or April! So he borrowed a bike from Eric so that he can ride some before it gets here. Oh Julie, I am so sorry to hear about Sheba! It's such a hard decision to make but the right thing to do when they are suffering. I'm glad your dad was able to go with you and I bet it was really hard for your DH not being able to go. Sending you big Hugs, I know how much you Love your dogs and how spoiled they are.

I took Saturday as my rest day. Rudolph, Valentino, and Natacha had their spay/neuters that day so I had dropped them off in the morning at the vet. Asher, one of the little kittens has had diarrhea for awhile and Friday he didn't want to eat or play. Saturday he was also vomiting, so I ended up taking him to the vet. They weren't able to figure out what is going on with him, but they gave him a shot for the nausea and some meds for diarrhea and some fluids. He still has diarrhea, but he isn't vomiting anymore and is eating a little and wanting to play, so I'm hopeful that he ill be better soon. It's always so scary when kittens are sick because they can go downhill so fast! Yesterday morning I did Step Sync and 15 minutes of yoga, This morning was Rockout Knockout and the abs from ME. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I am so sorry to hear about Sheba. It is a hard decision to make but if she was suffering it was the right one. That is great that your dad could go with you instead of you doing this by yourself. I am sure your DH was wishing he could be there too. Snuggling with the dogs and watching Netflix sounds like it was the right thing to do.

Pam Some of our kittens have diarrhea sometimes too. The meds always help but their spays and neuters always have to be postponed until it clears up. Good job on Step Sync, yoga and Rockout Knockout.

So for the paddling simulation you sit in a chair and wrap on end of a long fitness band around the handle of your paddle and then the other end it tied around something study like a table leg. Then you sit on the chair like you are in the boat and paddle. The band gives some resistance like you are paddling through the water. I could really feel it in the upper back. This morning I did Metabolic Total Body. I was going to do some errands this afternoon but our car has a dead battery. I am hoping that our friend can take us to get a new one. It has been cold here and we did get a little bit of snow last night though it is all gone now. It will be icy though so I sprinkled salt on our sidewalk so it won't be a skating rink tomorrow.

Cheryl

Pam Oh poor Asher but I am glad that he is doing a little better and eating and wanting to play. Hopefully he keeps getting better. Great job on SS plus yoga and RK plus ME abs!

Cheryl Simulation paddling sounds like it would be a great way to work your upper back. Great job on MTB! Oh no, what a nasty surprise to have a dead car battery.

Thanks for the kind words about Sheba. This morning I did YB booty, total body, and core! We have had negative wind chills the last several days and it is supposed to continue through this coming weekend. The dogs don't want to go outside and I don't blame them one bit.

Have a great day!

Julie Good job on YB Booty. total body and core. I don't blame the dogs for not wanting to go out in negative wind chills.

This morning I did RWH LIHI 1 and core 1. Then I got the housework done. In the afternoon I had a dental appointment for a cleaning. It is getting cold here too. They are saying that we will have snow again on Saturday.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on RWH LIHI 1 and core 1! February is not my favorite month. Tends to be cold, snowy, and seems to go on forever for a short month.

This morning I did a couple of rounds of YB yoga and then did a hike in Waimea Canyon in Kauai! I sure do miss Hawaii. Especially with all the snow and negative temps we are getting now.

Have a great day!

Cheryl The paddling simulation sounds interesting. It's nice that you are able to do something like that to help prepare for being on the water. Great job on MTB. I hope you are able to get your new car battery. It's always nice when something like that happens when you are at home though.

Julie Great job YB B, TB, and C. I don't blame the dogs for not wanting to go out either. Our cats like to go on our screened porch, but they are so funny on days when it is cold. You open the door and they start rushing out and then stop dead in their tracks when the cold air hits them :p. Then they usually turn around and come back inside

Cheryl Great job on LIHI1 + core and housework! I am ready for spring!

Julie Great job on yoga and your hike in Kauai. At least you get to visit Hawaii virtually and dream about being there!

Yesterday I went for a 34 mile bike ride. It wasn't supposed to rain, but it did and I got soaked :oops:. There were 2 cops on horseback on the trail because a body was found along the trail the day before :oops:. I would hate to be the one who found it! This morning was RUUB and bonus abs and now I have shopping spree wish at the mall for the rest of the day. Asher is so much better, he is eating like a pig and running around so he will get to join everyone else soon. It's always such a relief! Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Good work on YB Yoga and your hike in Waimea Canyon. I would love to be in Hawaii right now too.

Pam Great job on your bike ride in the rain. Scary about a body on the trail. You really need to be careful when you are out there. Great job on RUUB and bonus abs. I am glad that Asher is doing better.

This morning was RUUB then I went out and got groceries. In the afternoon we went out for a walk it was really cold out so it was a very refreshing walk. Then tonight I did our dry land training.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on your 34 mile bike ride especially while getting soaked! Oh that sounds scary that a body was found on that trail and I agree, I don't ever want to be one who finds a body. Great job on RUUB plus bonus abs! That sounds like great progress for Asher, yea!

Cheryl Great job on RUUB! You and Pam must have been on the same page yesterday. I am so impressed with you and Pam going out in the rain and cold. I am a big baby and like being comfortable.

This morning I did YB booty, total body, and core! Benny got up with me at 3 so I thought he might want to go outside. I opened the door, he barely got his nose close to outside, sneezed, turned around and ran away. Guess it was a little nippy out for him this morning. I will be taking tomorrow off work and going to try to get some major cleaning done since it has been a while.

Have a great day!

Julie I don't mind going out in the rain or snow as long as I am dressed for it. Good job on YB booty, total body and core. Too funny about Benny, it must of been cold out. Enjoy your day off.

This morning I did PRS #1. Then I did some meal prepping.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on RUUB, your brisk walk, and your dry land training!

Julie Great job on YB B, TB, and C! That is funny that Benny didn't want to go out in the cold. I don't blame him a bit. I hope you get all your cleaning done and have some time to relax too.

Cheryl Great job on PRS 1 and your meal prepping.

It looks like I forgot to post yesterday but I did Body Max Step and Power circuits and 15 minutes of yoga. Then it was some errands, cooking, a lasagna delivery, and a wish discovery call. This morning was Cross Fire plus bonus core. Natacha went for a trial adoption on Wednesday evening, so hopefully that works out. They said that she has just been hiding so far but I doubt that will last long. Valentino has an approved application from a couple who are both vets. It sounds like it would be a great home for him. I'm just waiting to see if they want to do a meet and greet or a trial run. Asher was so excited to get moved out of the sick ward and in with the other kittens. He has hardly stopped running since he got in there :). have a great day and weekend!

Pam

Pam Great job on BM Step and Power Circuits, yoga and Cross Fire and bonus core. I hope that Natacha's trial works out and Valentino goes to his new home. That is great about Asher running around and playing with the other kittens.

This morning I did Lower Body Blast timesaver premix and then went out and walked Zoey before I went to work.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job o LBB and your walk with Zoey. I hope you had a good day at work.

This morning I did LIHI Legs and the pigeon pose yoga burn. That move where shr moves her leg to the front and back while doing pigeon is crazy. Then when she clasps her hands together while doing it :rolleyes:. Absolutely no chance on that one. I'm only moving the leg front to back very clumsily with my hands on the floor! Crazy! We have had 3 days of cold rain and are supposed to have it for at least the next 4. Yuck! Come on spring!! Have a great day.

Pam

Pam Great job on LIHI Legs and pigeon pose yoga burn. I can't quite picture the move you are talking about but it sounds hard. I agree with you on wanting spring to come.

We were suppose to have our paddle simulation Saturday morning but our coach cancelled it last minute though I am not sure why. So I didn't get a workout in. We got a bit of snow so the kids were loving being able to go sledding. Today was just a lazy day we didn't get up to anything. It was snowing again though it wasn't sticking so it was a good day to stay inside.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on PRS #1 and meal prepping and LBB timesaver and your walk with Zoey! Oh what a bummer about the paddle simulation getting cancelled. Glad you got to enjoy a nice day to stay inside watching the snow fall.

Pam Great BM step and power circuits plus 15 minutes of yoga! Great job on CrossFire too! Hopefully everything works out for Natacha and Valentino and I love that Asher is able to join the other kitties! Great job on LIHI Legs and YB pigeon! I have found that if I prop my hip up on a block of the front leg that it makes the back leg swing move a little easier but I still keep my hands on the floor. That "restorative" practice seems to be the hardest one in my opinion.

Friday I did a run in New Zealand and then did some cleaning. Saturday I did X77 plus YB core. I did modify quite a bit and added in some extra pausing between sections so it actually was more like X82 when I was done. After that DH and I gave the dogs a bath and did a little more cleaning. Sunday was my lazy day and it was COLD at negative double digit wind chills and negative regular temps. We got more snow and I am done with it. Even with not having to drive in it we have too much. Yesterday Benny went out in the afternoon and the neighbors dog was out too so he wanted to run along the fence with her but then got so cold he couldn't make it back inside so DH had to go out and carry him in. This morning I did STS D14 Legs and YB core. I forgot how ripped Cathe looks in STS.

Have a great day!

Cheryl That is a bummer that your paddle simulation got canceled at the last minute. Hopefully everything is ok with your coach.

Julie WOW, X77 plus YB core! You must have had a ton of energy, great job! Wow, it must have been awfully cold if Benny couldn't even make it back inside. Great job on STS D14 and YB Core too! That is a good idea about using the block for that crazy move.

Yesterday was my rest day. It was a mostly lazy day other than some cleaning. Then we went to a friends for an awesome Valentines dinner. This morning was Step Moves and the abs from Cardio and weights. The people who were interested in Valentino never called me back. That was a bit disappointing as I was excited about a home with 2 vets. I'm sure he'll be adopted soon though, he is beautiful and so sweet. There have been few more applications for him, but not any other good ones yet. Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Great job on your run in New Zealand, X77 + YB core and STS D14 Legs and YB Core. Oh wow it must have been cold if your DH had to carry Benny back into the house. Yuck snow, I am so ready for spring.

Pam Everything is fine with my coach he was just away and couldn't get back in time because of the snow. Good work on Step Moves and the abs from Cardio and Weights. That is a bummer about Valentino but I am sure the right adopter will come by soon.

This morning I was really tired so I just did Yoga Relax. It has warmed up here and has started to rain. It has washed away most of the snow though there is still a bit left. Tonight I am doing another dry land training session.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Glad you got to enjoy a mostly lazy day and a dinner with friends! Great job on SM and C&W abs! Oh wow, I can't believe they never called back. Hopefully he gets picked up soon.

Cheryl Great job on doing Yoga Relax with being tired! Oh I long for Spring and rain over the snow and cold and ice we have been getting.

This morning I did LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body and a couple rounds of YB yoga! We got more snow last night along with winds that caused some 3-4 foot drifts in places. DH is going to have to shovel a path for the dogs. It is getting pretty deep for them and they are taller dogs so I can't imagine short dogs in this. I think we have 32 days till the first day of Spring and hopefully we can make it out of February but I think there is more snow heading here in the next few days. :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.