Strength in Numbers

Sorry for no post yesterday. After 2 days off work, I had a lot of catching up to do. Still doing some of that but in a pretty good spot. I didn’t get a workout in yesterday as I was pretty tired from getting home late Tuesday night. This morning I did Revamp. My mom is still in some pain but controlling it with meds. She is trying to step down on the meds though and wean herself off them. She broke out in a rash and we think it is from the antibiotic they gave her. She told them she was allergic to penicillin since childhood and they decided to try to give her amoxicillin which is a relative of penicillin. She goes to the doctor today so hopefully she can get some relief for that.

Cheryl With all that you have been doing for your mom, I am sure your body thanked you for Saturday’s rest. Great job on AOLIH and FS BBC & LG. Oh man, cavities are a bummer. Great job on Twist especially when you wanted to stay in bed! I wanted to stay in bed this morning too because it is cold out. We have only gone through training once with one of our dogs but I had the most fun doing it. Great job on YR! Dogs sure do love to get into things they are not supposed to.

Pam Great job on RWH CLB especially with low energy! That one is tough. Oh that would be tough to workout with cats wanting to use your space too but super cute I bet! Yea for Wendy to find a home that will love her and knows how to care for blind cats! Great job on CS plus bonus abs! I actually like car shopping but not car buying. Test driving the cars and looking at all the options is fun to me but once it is time to start making a deal and signing papers, yuck!

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Revamp. Glad to hear that your mom is doing better except for the rash. Hopefully the doctor can give her something for that. That is the last thing she needs with everything else that she has gone through.

This morning I went to Twist. Another morning of just wanting to stay in bed because it was so cold out. I have had to bring the hummingbird feeder inside at night so it doesn't freeze and put it back out in the morning. Then we went to my mom's to help her with packing. There is still so much to go through and pack.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Revamp. My mom found out yesterday the results of her surgery and biopsies. They got the entire tumor from her tongue and there was no cancer cells in any of the lymph nodes they removed from her jaw. They also removed her drainage tubes which is a big relief to not have to deal with. The doctor also confirmed her rash was from a penicillin allergy (DUH!)! She is on her way to recovery and now only has to get PET scans every couple of months for the next few years. I think she said if she goes 5 years with clear PET scans she is considered cancer free.

Cheryl Great job on Twist! These cold winter mornings and days are hard but they are just beginning. Poor hummingbirds. Do they have a place to stay warm at night? Probably a dumb question but I have never had a bird feeder of any kind and I can’t say if I have even seen a hummingbird.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Great job on YR and your shift at the SPCA. It amazes me how much people still litter.

Julie I'm sure you were exhausted after being at your moms. That is great that she is doing so much better. Great job on Revamp. What a pain that she has to deal with a rash on top of everything else.I think I mainly don't like dealing with car salesmen. I did go out Wednesday afternoon though and the guy was really nice and had no problem with me looking at and driving a bunch of different cars, I still don't know what I want though.:rolleyes:

Cheryl Great job on Twist. Do you still have hummingbirds around? Ours leave for the winter. Good luck getting through the rest of the packing.

Julie Great job Revamp.That is such good news that they got all of your mom cancer with the surgery. Hopefully the rest of her recovery goes smoothly.

Yesterday I did FS Mixed Impact cardio and pull day. Then I had a bunch of running around and errands. I got my second shingles vaccine and my arm was really sore and I had a hard time sleeping because I also got a small fever from it. My reaction was pretty minor compared to a lot I've heard about though. Today we went on a 20 mile bike ride and then I blew leaves. We are supposed to get snow this weekend so everyone here is freaking out :oops: I'm hoping we don't get much but they are saying anywhere from 1 inch to 6. 6 inches would close things down here for a week! Have a great day!

Pam

Last edited:
Julie Good job on Revamp. That is good news that they got all the cancer and there wasn't any cancer in her lymph nodes. I hope everything goes smoothly for her. The hummingbirds do have nests in the tree in front of our place. They are so small that they are hard to see.

Pam Our hummingbirds stay here all winter. They would have a ways to travel to get to any warm weather from here. Great job on FS Mixed Impact Cardio and pull day. I haven't had a vaccine yet for shingles. I do have a phobia with needles, I may just take my chances :eek:. Good job on your 20 mile bike ride too.

This morning I did PRS #2 and then I got all the housework and laundry done. They are talking about snow and freezing rain around here for tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't amount to anything. My brother is leaving tomorrow for his cruise and he needs to leave home by 3am for a 6am flight. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl I didn't mind the shot itself at all. I don't ever look, but it must have been a really small needle because I barely felt it. It just gets really sore later! I have heard such horror stories about how painful shingles is that I was happy to get the vaccine. Great job on PR 2 and your housework and laundry. I hope you didn't get the bad weather they were predicting and that your brother was able to get away on his cruise with no problems.

Yesterday I took as my rest day. I went downtown and helped to hang up all of the snowflakes that we crocheted over the summer and fall. It looked really cool and most of the businesses along the street have them hanging in their windows also. This morning we woke up to about 3-4 inches of snow. I did FS Shred cardio and pull day and the abs from KPC. Right after I finished my workout the power went out. I was so glad it didn't happen until I was done. We made a fire and hung out for awhile, but then went out for lunch and did a little shopping. The power came back on as we were pulling into the driveway! It's mostly been raining since this morning, but the schools are closed tomorrow and will most likely be closed for a few days. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam I have heard how much shingles hurts too but I am still too chicken to get the shot :rolleyes:. No we didn't get the bad weather they predicted and my brother got away. However it is pouring rain here and it is pouring rain in Florida too for him. Hopefully it clears up by the time they leave the dock. I saw the pictures that you posted on FB of the snowflakes. They look so cool especially with the snow. Great job on FS Shred Cardio and Pull Day and the abs from KPC. That was great timing with the power going out and coming back on as soon as you got home.

So yesterday we went out to my mom's to continue packing so I didn't get a chance for a workout. This morning I just didn't have the energy to workout. I haven't been sleeping well and I am really stressed out, more than I should be and I have been stress eating so now I have put on weight and I feel like crap. I really need to get my act together and get back on track. Today I met up with my dragon boat team for a Christmas lunch at a pub. It was a lot of fun.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Saturday morning I did yoga and then went to my mom’s to do some housework and meal prepping for her. She is getting a little better every day and was able to eat scrambled eggs which is the chunkiest thing she has tried so far. Sunday was my lazy day but of course I did some meal prepping and laundry. This morning I did Revamp!

Pam Great job on FS MIC + Pull Day! Oh what a bummer about the vaccine causing a fever. I am sure that is better than getting shingles though. Great job on your 20 mile bike ride! How cool to have your snowflakes hanging up in shops for everyone to see. Oh wow 3-4 inches is a lot of snow for your area. Great job on FS SC + push day and KPC abs! Whew! You just made it finishing your workout before the power went out.

Cheryl Great job on PRS2 plus all your housework and laundry! I am sure you are getting a different kind of workout with all that packing you are doing. I am so sorry you have been stressing but you are dealing with a lot right now with the holidays and your mom’s move. I am sure you will get back on track soon.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I'm glad your brother got away ok for his cruise, I sure hope that the rain stops and they get some nice weather. I think the packing qualifies as a workout. Having to deal with all of that on top of losing your dad and the holidays is an awful lot. Take care of yourself! It's nice that you were able to get together with your dragon boat crew for a Christmas lunch.

Julie Great job on yoga and helping out with your mom. Great job on Revamp too. I'm glad your mom I continuing tp improve. I feel pretty lucky because my reaction to the shingles vaccine was really mild compared to what other people have experienced. My friend had flu like symptoms for a few days.

This morning I did ICE TTM. That was the first time I have ever done that workout. I'm not a huge fan of mat work for the legs, but it was a nice change of pace. We got a little more snow this morning but it has stopped thankfully. A few miles to the west of us got a lot more snow than we did, so we're happy we didn't get more. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good job on yoga. I am glad that your mom is doing better and can now eat some scrambled eggs. I am sure it will take a while for her to be able to eat normally. Good work on Revamp this morning.

Pam Great work on ICE TTM. I like that workout, it isn't a sweaty workout but it does use the muscles differently. Glad that you didn't get much snow. Hopefully you won't get anymore.

This morning I did Cardio Slam. It felt good to get a good workout in. Then I went to my brother's to feed his cat and then out to my mom's to help her with more packing.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Revamp. I am really liking these total body workouts. They really are not that bad doing 4 total bodies a week because you lift way lighter than you normally would.

Pam Great job on ICE TTM! I don't like the warm up in that one. I feel it needs to be more than just floor warmup. So glad you aren't getting too much snow. I know some states just are not equipped to deal with cleaning it up.

Cheryl Great job on CS! I love when a workout feels good like that. Really helps me feel motivated again.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on Cardio Slam. So not only does your brother get out of helping with the move, but you are taking care of his cat too. I'd say he owes you big after this! :D

Julie Great job on Revamp. NC isn't very well equipped to deal with the now, but it's a lot better than when I first moved here.

This morning was Cardio Leg Blast. It seemed strange that she had it in the rotation the day after TTM, but it was fine. Yesterday one of my three newest kittens, Chase, got adopted. The woman happened to see them at the PetSmart the day that I got them and had asked when they would be ready for adoption. I guess she kept thinking about him and put in an application yesterday. I called her and we had set up a time for her to come over on Saturday, but then later in the day she asked if they could come yesterday because they were so excited. She said that her 15 year old son cried when she told him they were getting a kitten. How sweet. She is even thinking about coming back for one of his sisters. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on Revamp. It is nice to do something a bit different.

Pam Yeah he is getting out of a lot of work but don't worry I will leave something for him to do ;). Good work on Cardio Leg Blast. So nice that Chase got adopted, and even better if she also adopts one of his sisters.

This morning I went to Twist and it was a tough workout. There was no weight work today just power moves such as split jumps, plyo pushups with the BOSU, mountain climbers etc. Then we finished with a cardio circuit of battle ropes, med ball slams, hill climbs on the spin bike. I was spent by the time I was finished. Then I went to get groceries and then I walked Zoey. At least the torrential rain had stopped by the time I needed to walk her.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

I was a slug this morning and slept in. I think I really needed the sleep because I felt somewhat refreshed when I woke up.

Pam Great job on CLB! Yea, great news for Chase and hopefully one of his sister's gets adopted too. That is super sweet her son was so happy he cried!

Cheryl Great job on Twist! That sounds like a tough workout. Hopefully the walk with Zoey felt nice on your legs after all that hard work.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on Twist, it sounds like it was a killer workout. Hopefully you could still walk out of there ;). I'm glad your torrential rain stopped before you had to walk Zoey. That would have been no fun at all.

Julie I wouldn't call you a slug, I'm sure your 'sleeping in' still meant you got up crazy early!

This morning was supposed to be Pedal Power, but I subbed in Imax 1. We are hoping to get outside for a ride tomorrow since its supposed to be in the 50s. We still have snow on the ground, but the roads are clear so hopefully the trail is too. We finally got our Christmas tree yesterday. I was glad that I went ahead and got it without waiting for DH to come with me because the pickings had gotten pretty slim. We got a beautiful tree though, but still have to decorate it. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I don't think you were a slug you probably needed the sleep.

Pam Great job on Imax 1. Hopefully you can get out for your ride. Nice that you got your Christmas tree, now to get it decorated.

This morning I did Stretch Max 3 and did some foam rolling. Then I went to the SPCA and looked after the cats and played with the kittens. There sure did have a lot of energy, they didn't sit still the whole time I was there.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning was Revamp. I did not get good sleep last night. I had a hard time staying asleep and kept waking up. At least my team is having a holiday party for the second half of the day so maybe I won't have to use that much brain power today on little sleep.

Pam Great job on Imax1! Wow the 50s sounds nice! We are getting into the low 40s the next few days so it is an all around heat wave! Sleep in for me during the week is 5 if I don't workout. And that is with me rushing to get ready as I probably should get up at 4:45 but you know an extra :15 minutes can make a psychological difference.

Cheryl Great job on SM3 (my favorite) and foam rolling! I really should have done that yesterday but just couldn't motivate myself to get out of bed. I bet the kitties loved you being there and having someone to play with.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Revamp with not much sleep. I hate it when I keep on waking up during the night. Enjoy your team holiday party.

This morning was Twist and it was another power circuit. It wasn't as hard as Tuesday but it was still tough. We were supposed to go to my mom's today to help with packing but we have had so much rain the last couple of days she didn't want us to drive out there. There are lakes and rivers where there isn't suppose to be any. I really would like to go back to the cold and dry but it will be raining continually until sometime next week :(.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

I slept a little better last night but I still didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I did though and got through Revamp. It was slow moving though. Hoping to get some rest this weekend. Something about the last couple of days has worn me out.

Cheryl Great job on your power circuit at Twist! Wow that is a lot of rain! Stay safe and hopefully everything stays dry too. Hopefully you can get back to your mom's soon to keep on packing. I am sure that will be a relief when it is all done.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Good for you in getting through Revamp. I hear ya on the last couple of days wearing you out. I feel the same way.

This morning I decided to take it as a day off. I have been really tired, it could be from all the rain because it is so dark all day long. This afternoon I had a dentist appointment to get my fillings and cavities fixed. It wasn't too bad but I hate the freezing.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.