Strength in Numbers

Sorry for being MIA. I'm not sure if I mentioned that. was going to Michigan for a couple of days to see my mom and to take my sisters ashes up. The church there has a columbarium for ashes which is where my dads are and my moms will be, so we got her a spot right beside them. I didn't do any workouts while I was there and I was exhausted the whole time. I think I started that way with the time change and then the 6 am flight. It was good to get home last night and start getting back to normal. THis morning I did Athletic Training. I though was going to have to quit about halfway through because I got so breathless, but then when she switched to legs I got my wind back. You have have been doing great with your workouts. It sounds like Zoey is becoming quite a regular at your house Cheryl, so hopefully Tango will warm up to her. Foxy has a follow on at the vet this morning, so hoping that the ear infections are healed and she won't have to start on more drops. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Nice that you could go to Michigan and see your mom. How is she doing? The time change really sucks I wish they would do away with it. Good job with Athletic Training. Yes Zoey could become a regular at our place. Tango hasn't warmed up to her yet but at least he isn't hiding upstairs when she comes over. I hope Foxy's ear infections have cleared up.

So Friday I did Great Glutes and then looked after Zoey for the rest of the day. Saturday I did FS Low Impact Cardio just the cardio portion because we were going over to my mom's to help clear things out of the shed and some of the rooms. They have lived in the same house for 60 years so they have accumulated a lot of stuff. This morning I did FT Bootcamp and then went to my mom's to help clean out the rest of the rooms. We need to go back tomorrow to move the freezer into the shed and have the junk company come and pick up all the stuff that is junk. The home stager has been there rearranging all the furniture and now my mom doesn't feel like it is her place at all anymore. Hopefully it won't take long for it to sell.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Friday I did Revamp DL day. I tweaked my knee on my last set of goblet squats. Not bad but enough that I subbed in a different exercise for my last lower body move and finished out with Core. I also didn’t want to take any chances on damaging it more over the weekend so I rested it on Saturday and Sunday. Friday I did get a lot of running around done and got the dogs groomed and Saturday I stopped by mom’s. I can’t remember if I said anything but my mom was diagnosed with tongue cancer a week ago. She has a PET scan tomorrow and will be having surgery on 11/26 to remove part of her tongue. This morning I did Revamp Squat day and my knee was feeling much better.

Cheryl Great job on Twist! Glad Tango is doing better with Zoey. I am sure the cautiousness will be there for a while. Great job on Great Glutes! I am sure that was more of an active rest day with having to watch after Zoey! Great job on FS LIC! Hopefully you had some fun going through some of the things in your mom’s house. It can sometimes lead to nice surprises finding things you haven’t seen in a long time. Great job on FT BC! Oh, I hope that she does sell it soon. I am sure it will be a relief to have all this done.

Pam No worries on being MIA! Hopefully you had a good time even though it was exhausting and were able to catch up with your mom and other family up there. Great job on doing AT with the travel and time changes! Hope everything is good with Foxxy now!

Have a great day!

Cheryl My mom is doing pretty well. I think it was the right decision to move her there. She has a really nice big room and I was so impressed with the staff there. That is progress that Tango isn't hiding anymore hen Zoey is there, it sounds like he is going to do ok with her. Foxxy's ears look better but still not quite there, so he gets drops fro another 5 days. Great job on GG and FS LIC. That is a huge job cleaning out a house, especially when they lived there for so long. I hope that it sells quickly, it must feel strange for her being there when it feels so much different. Great job on FT Bootcamp too.

Julie Great job on revamp DL. Oh no, I hope that your knee has recovered now. Glad to hear that you were able to do your squat day. So sorry to hear about your mom, I can't imagine having part of my tongue removed!

Saturday morning I did Step Moves. I wasn't feeling the best and that was a good not so tough one. Then I went out to get some donations for MeowHouse. I am running a raffle fundraiser because we have such high vet bills to get paid off. Saturday night I could hardly sleep because I had such a bad sore throat and nothing would help it. So Sunday I just laid around most of the day watching TV and reading. It's still sore, but not as bad as yesterday and I can't spend another day doing nothing. I think this is also why I was so exhausted all of last week. In any case I didn't work out Sunday or today. Today Spanky goes into the Petsmart for the week. I hate it for him, but hopefully he will find a good home. He is a good cat, but he's pretty rough with the other cats and I think he will do much better if he is the only cat. Fingers crossed! Have a great day.

Pam

Last edited:
Julie Great job on Revamp DL day. Smart to take a couple of days off after tweaking your knee. Sorry to hear about your mom. That would be such a strange feeling to not have part of your tongue. Glad that your knee is feeling better and you could do Revamp Squat day. It is fun to see so of the old stuff that you had forgotten about. But it will be so nice when this is all done.

Pam I am glad to hear that your mom is doing well. It must be a relief for you to know that she is happy there. Great work on Step Moves. I hope you get over your cold fast, a sore throat is not fun at all. Poor Spanky having to go to Petsmart but hopefully he will get adopted fast. We sometimes get cats at the SPCA that don't get along with other cats so we have to segregate them in another room.

This morning I did Step Moves. I wanted a workout that wasn't too long. Then we went out to my mom's and finished off the last of the cleaning. We had 1-800-GOT-JUNK come and take away a lot of stuff. One person is interested in the house and will be coming tomorrow to look at it. We will see what happens.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Revamp Overhead Press/Assisted Chinup day. Assisted Chinups never get easier. Sometimes I think they are harder.

Pam Great job on Step Moves even though that is not a super tough one that is great that you did it when you weren’t feeling the best! I think you did the right thing with resting a few days. Hopefully this will be your one and done cold for the season. Sounds like your mom is doing great in Michigan! Fingers crossed for Spanky to find a home while he is at Petsmart.

Cheryl Great job on Step Moves! You and Pam must have been thinking along the same lines! Glad you got the cleaning done and the junk hauled away. Fingers crossed on the prospective buyer for the house. I have no idea what the surgery for my mom’s tongue will be like. I am not sure if there will be a chunk missing on the side or they will try to maintain the shape and just make it smaller. I know she is pretty nervous about it.

Have a great day!

Julie Good work on Revamp Overhead Press/ Assisted Chinup day. I hear ya on the assisted chinups, they never do get any easier. I would be nervous too if I was your mom. I guess it depends on where the cancer is on whether they have to cut a portion out or make it bit smaller. Hopefully everything will go fine with the surgery.

This morning I went to Twist, then I went to get groceries. In the afternoon I got a bit of housework done since I didn't have a chance to do much of anything last week.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did yoga. I really contemplated just laying in bed. It felt so nice snuggled up with the dogs. It is getting so cold outside with temps this morning in the teens. If this is just the start of winter, I am not looking forward to the rest of it.

Cheryl Great job on Twist! Glad you were able to get some housework done. I know that always feels good to get done especially if I haven't been able to get to it for a while.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on yoga but I bet staying in bed with the dogs would have been so nice.

This morning I did yoga too. It felt good to stretch out. Then I went to the SPCA for my shift. After that it was a bit more housework and some running around.

Have a great day.

This morning I did Revamp Bench Press day! We were only supposed to get a light dusting of snow. Well we ended up getting a little over an inch by the time I left and it was still coming down pretty good. They didn't plow a single road. What is normally a 30 minute drive turn into 55 minutes. I'm in a carpool so luckily I didn't have to drive today.

Cheryl Great job on yoga! I have been really enjoying feeling stretched out from it. Can't believe sometimes it took me so long to get on board. Hopefully they had some cute critters for you yesterday.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Revamp Bench Press day. Oh yuck it sucks to try to drive in snow especially when the roads haven't been plowed. We only had a couple of cats one bunny and our two degus yesterday. But we had received two more cats by the time I was leaving and possibly getting a guinea pig.

This morning I went to Twist and the dreaded assisted pull ups were on for today. We are back to lifting heavy again, the previous week was a deload week. After that I got the vacuuming done and then we had some guys come in to pull through some fiber optic cable that our internet and TV provider are moving to. We still need to have someone come in and hook it up for us. Hopefully that can be our friend who works for the company we are with.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Revamp Deadlift day. I was a little nervous because I woke up with a slightly sore throat but I felt fine once I got going.

Cheryl Great job on Twist and those dreaded assisted pullups (I so agree with you). We recently switched to fiber optic for internet and dropped cable. Now we just pull stations over the air using an antenna and use sling for some channels that we can't get over the air like ESPN for DH's sports.

Have a great weekend!

Good morning, sorry for being MIA for so long, but this cold really wiped me out. I just didn't want to do anything but sleep for the first few days and I haven't done a workout all week. I was feeling a bit better on Monday so I think I overdid it and Tuesday I felt awful, so have really been trying to take it easy. We ended up having to bring Spanky home from the Petsmart on Wednesday night because he wasn't eating or drinking. He didn't seem to be freaking out too much and we visited him every day, but it's dangerous for them to go too long without eating or drinking. I will take him this weekend just for the adoption event on Sunday. I was hoping to get a workout in today, but I felt really weak when I woke up, so I'm going to give it at least one more day. I'm really bad at not doing much though, I am ready for this to be over! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on Revamp Deadlift day. Glad that your sore throat wasn't anything too serious.

Pam Sometimes you just need a break and your body will let you know when it is ready to start exercising again. Sometimes just doing nothing is the best thing to do. I hope Spanky is now eating and drinking and will get adopted this Sunday.

For some reason I was really tired this morning so I didn't get a workout in. But we did go out to my mom's and raked leaves (a lot of leaves). She has had someone come over every night to look at the place and tomorrow there is an open house. Hopefully there will be some offers on it. She feels like it isn't her place anymore because you don't feel like you can really relax and live in your home because it always has to be spotless because you don't know when someone will want to come and take a look at it.

Have a great day

Cheryl

Saturday I did ICE LIS 1! Sad to say I am really out of cardio shape as that one had me feeling it some times. After that I went to my mom's to groom her dog and visit a little while. Sunday was my lazy day. This morning I did Revamp Squat day! I was pretty unmotivated but I actually had a really good workout.

Pam No worries on being MIA! Having a cold is no fun and I am glad you rested so much as you must have needed it. Poor Spanky! He must have been really nervous. I hope he did better at the adoption event this weekend. Hope you are feeling better now too.

Cheryl I'm so sorry about your mom not feeling like she can relax. It makes sense though and I would probably feel the same way. I hope she can sell it soon so this can be over. Hope you feel rested from taking the day off formal workouts.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Well I'd say that raking a lot of leaves is a workout so it sounds like you did get one in! It's no fun living in a house when it's for sale, but it sounds like she's getting a lot of interest so hopefully it will sell soon.

Julie Great job on LIS 1. Its pretty frustrating how fast you get out of cardio shape, especially compared to how long it takes to get in cardio shape! Great job on Revap Squat day. That is awesome that you had such a good workout when you weren't feeling it.

I finally felt up for a workout on Saturday, but I did Step Moves again since it is pretty easy. That was definitely enough for me. Sunday I did Athletic Step and it went ok too. I didn't end up taking Spanky to the adoption event on Sunday because he knew something was up and hid from me :rolleyes:. We only had 2 adoptions on Saturday, but we had 5 on Sunday including my newest little Fiona. She just got spayed on Thursday and never even made it to the website. She tried to get me to take 2 more fosters home on Sunday, but we are going out of town for Thanksgiving so I didn't want to take any new ones right before leaving. This morning I did Afterburn. It really wore me out, but I made it through. I only did 2 of the 4 dragon pushups though. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on ICE LIS 1. I find that I lose my cardio really fast if I don't keep up on it. Nice that you could get a visit in with your mom. Good work on Revamp Squat day with not being motivated.

Pam Great work on Step Moves and Athletic Step. Funny how cats can pick up on things and hide. Maybe he really likes you and wants to be a foster fail :p. Good job on Afterburn. Those push ups are hard, good for you in getting tow of the in.

Saturday I didn't get a chance for a workout because I went to our paddling club and helped rake leaves and bring one of the dragon boats out of the water and helped paddle one of them to the marina as we only rent them for the season. It was a lot of hard work and it was only women who showed up to do the work. We did really well with moving a 450 pound dragon boat with only 10 women and some of them in the 60s and 70s. Who needs men, Women Rock. Sunday I did Cardio and Weights, I hadn't done that one in a long time. This morning was Hiit 30/30 and then I took our neighbours dog for a couple of walks and then looked after Zoey for a little bit this afternoon. It was a pretty active day.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Revamp Overhead Press + Assist Chinups! I was actually feeling pretty strong this morning despite DH keeping me up with snoring last night. I wish I could pinpoint what makes for stronger days so I know what to keep doing.

Pam So happy you felt up to a workout on Saturday. Step Moves was a great one to pick! Great job on AS! That is another great one to do when easing back into it. Spanky seems pretty smart and it seems like he is trying to tell you he wants to be a foster fail. Yea for Fiona! I don’t blame you for wanting to wait to bring home more fosters. Great job on AB! Those pushups are tough. Those and the spiderman climbers kill me.

Cheryl Sounds like you had another active day with helping at the paddling club! Wow that is super impressive! You are all power houses moving that boat! Love that, women do rock! Great job on C&W and HiiT 30/30 plus dog walks and puppy sitting! That’s some of the best activity is puppy sitting.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Revamp Overhead Press and Assisted Chinups. How annoying to be kept up by snoring but it didn't seem to affect you too much. I haven't figured out what makes for stronger days yet either.

This morning I went to Twist. We are at only doing 4 to 6 reps for each exercise. After that I went to get groceries and then walked our neighbours dog again. His father is in the hospital and isn't expected to live much longer. I will probably look after Leo again tomorrow. Since it wasn't raining I put up the Christmas lights too. It is too early to turn them on but at least they are ready to go.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I really wanted to sleep in but I also knew I would regret not doing something to stretch out. So I compromised with myself and slept in until 4 and then did Stretch Max 3. It feels crazy that it is Thanksgiving already. I am actually also taking Monday off since my mom is having her surgery for her tongue cancer. I will post again Tuesday!

Cheryl Great job on Twist! That is some really heavy weight with such low reps. Oh I am so sorry for your neighbor's father. That is tough especially when it is getting close to the holidays next month. That was a great idea to put the lights up while the weather is decent.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.