Strength in Numbers

Pam Great job on CCC. I am thinking that I should try to do that one tomorrow. We will see :eek:. Poor Peter Pan. I get it too that they want to save money but they have to think of the animal first, at least I think so. I hope you get a lot of adoptions.

So Friday night our friends asked us to come over to see their new 8 week old golden retriever puppy Zoey. She is just so cute and quite well behaved for a puppy. Saturday morning I was leaving for dragon boating it was so foggy you could hardly see in front of you. It was eerie and cool at the same time. By the time we were done the fog was lifting a bit. Last night our friends came over to watch a movie and brought Zoey. Tango isn't too sure on what to think of her yet. This morning I was tired so I decided to take a complete rest day. Our friend brought Zoey over because her husband was working and he had to go out to get some groceries. So I looked after her for a bit. It is hard trying to get things done because she either wants your attention or you are wondering what she is getting into :).

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cheryl

Friday I finished UP with my last workout doing deadlifts. After that I did some chores and meal prepping. Saturday it was errands and some housework. Sunday was my lazy binge day. Although I say that and I always end up doing laundry and some additional meal prepping for the week. I intended to start my rest week this morning with yoga but I forgot to turn my alarm back on from turning it off on Friday. It’s on for tomorrow.

Pam Great job on your 34 mile bike ride! Oh that would make me nervous to be riding my bike in traffic. Glad you were able to still get a good ride in. Great job on figuring out a different workout and getting PUB in! If it is a new DVD player, at least they are a lot cheaper than they used to be. Poor Foxxy! I hope she starts to feel better soon. Great job on CCC! Poor Peter Pan! That would be frustrating to me too having to do home remedies before going to the vet. Hopefully the drops work.

Cheryl Great job on Twist and getting a great workout in! Plus getting housework done. Great job on FT LGC and laundry! So cute getting to see the new puppy Zoey! I know I can’t deny the changing weather though. We had a bad wind storm yesterday and the leaves are falling down like crazy now. Good for you for taking a rest day when you were tired. You must have needed it. Puppy sitting sounds just like you described. When it is silent and you are wondering what trouble they are getting into!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Did you end up doing CCC? Oh I just love puppies but they are so much work and get into so many things! Then you look at their cute little faces and can't be mad! I bet it was strange dragon boating in the fog like that. I think it might be a little bit creepy!

Julie Great job finishing UP and doing your meal prepping. You are so good about that. I usually decide what we're having for dinner the same day and end up going to the grocery store a lot. Oops! I hate it when I forget to turn on my alarm clock. Yoga will still be there tomorrow though. Foxxy seems like she is perkier to me but she is not back to her old self yet. I'm going to give it another day or two to decide if she needs to go back for blood work.

Yesterday was my rest day and we had another adoption event. It was a great weekend for us, we had 12 adoptions over the 2 days, including 2 of mine. I told them that Peter Pans eyes weren't improving and that he also was obviously not feeling well, so they gave me some better eye ointment and some antibiotics for him. I also started him on the ear drops because his ears have been such a mess every time I've cleaned them out. He's definitely a little peppier this morning and his eyes are starting to look better. He is a terrible patient though, I have to wrap him up really securely in a towel and he still struggles like crazy. I get to do this twice a day for 9 more days :rolleyes:. This morning I did Fit Split mixed impact cardio, pull day, and bonus abs. have a great day!

Pam

Well my rest week is really turning into just that a rest week. My alarm went off and I just couldn't drag myself out of bed. It was a rough ending at work last week and this is the end of the month performance review time which always stresses me so I am sure that is not helping. Third times a charm for tomorrow.

Pam Wow 12 adoptions over the weekend is awesome!! Oh poor Peter Pan and you for having to wrap him up like a burrito just to get him the meds. Hopefully this will start improving for him. Poor Foxxy too. Hopefully she just needs another day to start back to her old self. Great job on FS MIC + Pull + Abs!

Have a great day!

Julie Great work in finishing UP deadlift. I try to do meal prepping but sometimes the day gets away from me and I just go day by day. Bummer that you forgot to turn on your alarm but tomorrow is another day.

Pam Yes I ended up doing CCC and it wasn't pretty. I didn't sleep well at all the night before so I was really tired. That is great that you had 12 adoptions which included two of yours. I hope the new meds work for Peter Pan. Cats are so much fun to give meds to at they. Good work on Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio and bonus abs.

Julie Sometimes we just need some extra rest. With the stress at work maybe rest is what you really need.

So yesterday I did CCC. I didn't get a good nights sleep at all so I had to modify some moves because I didn't have the energy. I probably should have waited to do it another day. In the afternoon we looked after Zoey again because our friends were at work. She does keep you on your toes. This morning I went to Twist we are in our heavy lifting phase so everything was only 6 reps and then we had a cardio blast at the end. In the afternoon I went to pick up our neighbours dog from the groomers. They called to let me know that I needed to come as soon as he was done because he has lice :eek:. Yesterday when I took Zoey out for a walk she had some interaction with Leo so I had to go over and tell our friends about it. They were not impressed at all. Since I had brought Zoey back to our place after the interaction with Leo I am now wondering if Tango may have it. I guess it all depends on whether or not Zoey picked up any lice from Leo and brought it back to our place and if any found Tango. I guess time will tell.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Julie It sounds like maybe you need a real rest week and that's ok! I feel for you on the performance reviews. I can't imagine having to do them every month.

Cheryl Oh man, CCC is hard enough when you have had a good sleep, you were really brave doing it when you hadn't slept well. Great job on Twist! I didn't know that animals got lice!:eek:. I hope that Tango didn't get them too! There is always something isn't there?

Yesterday my friend and I went on a 24 mile bike ride. It was really cold when we started, but warmed up quickly luckily. This morning I did FS shred cardio/push day. Peter Pan is pretty much back to his normal self, but he still has to take the meds for several more days. It is all getting easier except for the eye ointment. He REALLY hates that :rolleyes:. Foxxy seems to be peppier but isn't yet back to her old self. Her eyes look better and she has been playing some and her temperature is normal again though, so hopefully she is getting there. Have a great day!

Pam

So this week I decided will truly be a rest week. I have been sleeping in the whole week and it has felt nice. I think I just needed a break from getting up so early at 3:20 every morning. Last night was a bust for trick or treaters. We had 16 in the first hour and 1 the next half hour. I waited 10 more minutes and then shut my light off. I found out this morning that the town next to us was having a trunk trick or treat event and most of the kids were going to that.

Cheryl Great job on CCC especially on low energy! Great job on Twist too! That sounds like my kind of workout. I love the 6-8 rep range. Anything heavier and my mind gets doubtful; anything lighter with more reps and my mind wanders. Oh no Lice in pets is awful. I hope they can get it cleared up soon and Tango didn’t get it.

Pam Great job on your 24 mile bike ride and FS SC + Push day! So glad Peter Pan is feeling better or at least acting like he feels better. I would hate the eye ointment too! Sounds like Foxxy may be coming around just slowly.

Have a great day!

Pam Great work on your 24 mile bike ride and FS Shred Cardio/push day. Glad to hear that Peter Pan is pretty much back to normal and Foxxy is getting there.

Julie 3:20am is really early to wake up every morning. You probably do need a rest especially with this week being so hectic for you. Bummer that the next town took all your trick or treaters. Do you have lots of leftover candy?

So yesterday morning I did Yoga Relax then I went to the SPCA. We had mostly small animals this time, though we did get a delivery of several cats while I was there. We had two baby rats that were so active it was hard to keep them in one place. I was trying to hold one of them and they just wanted to climb all over me, they did not want to stay still for one second. I saw that they got adopted today which is great. Then we got ready for Halloween. We got a few more than you did Julie my count was about 290 kids. It seems that everyone comes to our townhouse complex because it is so big kids can really load up on candy. We stand outside to give out the candy because it is much easier and a lot more fun. This morning I went to Twist. This was our last workout in the lower rep range. Next week we will be back up to 12 reps.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last week day to sleep in for me and it has been so nice. I actually woke up a little before my alarm today and thought about how I missed getting up and working out. This weekend is setting clocks back. I hate adjusting the clocks period but at least we gain an hour this time.

Cheryl Great job on YR! So cute about the rats! Wow you just have a ton of kids come. I don't know how you can keep up with counting them. I did have quite a bit but I brought it into work. It was also Nerds and Sour Patch kids gummies so nothing I would want to eat anyway:p Great job on Twist and the heavy weights!

Have a great day!

Julie I can't even imagine getting up at 3:20 every morning. I don't know how you do it. I'd say that you definitely earned a rest week. That's too bad you didn't get many trick or treaters. We seem to get less all the time too because a lot more people goo to organized events. It sounds like the rest week was a great reset for you if you were waking up before your alarm and missing your workout. I really hate the time changes too, it just messes everything up.

Cheryl Great job on YR! So cute about the rats! Wow you just have a ton of kids come. I don't know how you can keep up with counting them. I did have quite a bit but I brought it into work. It was also Nerds and Sour Patch kids gummies so nothing I would want to eat anyway:p Great job on Twist and the heavy weights!

On Halloween my DH left to go to a race so I went to my friends house. They didn't have a ton of trick or treaters, but she had several people over and we had fun. When I got home there was something going on with Tiger Lilly. She wouldn't eat and was really lethargic and wouldn't open her eyes. I took her to the vet yesterday morning and she is still there. The vet said that it's so swollen around her eye that she can't even she what is going on. They gave her some pain meds and some fluids and some benedryl in case it is an allergic reaction to something and are hoping they can see what is going on today :(. Wendy (who used to be Captain Hook) got spayed yesterday and did great. Both Peter Pan and Foxxy seem to be pretty much back to normal, except for Peter Pans eyes. After the vet I went on a 22 mile bike ride with my friend. It felt really really hard for some reason, but I got through it. Then my DH sent me a message last night saying they were on their way home because they crashed the car :eek: Someone hit him on the first lap! He was not very happy, especially after driving 7 hours to get there! This morning I did FS LIC and Metabolic conditioning . Im hoping to hear from the vet soon about Tiger Lilly. Oh yes, I also got a new foster yesterday but I haven't named her yet :). Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Sounds like you really needed the rest week and will be ready to get back to it come Monday. I hate the time change too. It really messes me up. I don't count the kids, I know how many pieces of candy that I have and then subtract what I have left. The kids come fast and furious so it would be impossible to count them all.

Pam It would be fun to have a get together on Halloween. Poor Tiger Lilly I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with her. I am glad to hear that Wendy, Peter Pan and Foxxy are doing well. Good work on your 22 mile bike ride. There are some days like that aren't there where for some reason it seems really hard. That sucks about your DH's car getting hit on the first lap. I wouldn't have been very happy either if that happened to me. Great work on FS LIC and Metabolic Conditioning.

This morning I did XTrain Bis and Tris. Then it was laundry time.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on XT Bis and Tris and laundry.

This morning was FS Boxing bootcamp and legs and glutes. Tiger Lilly is home and doing much better. They still aren't sure what the deal was, best guess was that she got something in her eye, but there is no injury, so no idea what or how. She seems to be back to her old self now though. And my new foster has a name, Fiona. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Great job on FS Boxing Bootcamp and Legs and Glutes. I am glad to hear that Tiger Lilly is doing better and welcome to your new foster Fiona.

This morning I went dragon boating. It was really wet and cold. I need to wear my gloves now when I go out. I had a hard time trying to undo my life vest because my fingers were so cold.

Cheryl

Saturday and Sunday I did not do any workouts but Saturday I did do some meal prepping. I made homemade vegan pepperoni and bacon to put in the freezer. I also was able to get my patio furniture covered and ready for winter. Sunday was bingeing Netflix all day while we got some pretty wild winds and rain. This morning I started Revamp by Nia Shanks. It was heavy squats with accessory moves. It was only 3 sets of heavy squats and 3 sets of moderate weight lunges but my quads are already crying. I am pretty sure it was from the week of no movement last week. I may not be able to sit/stand/walk tomorrow.

Pam Glad you had a good time on Halloween with your friends. Oh no poor Tiger Lily! I hope they can figure out what is going on. Good news about Wendy and Peter Pan. Great job on your 22 mile bike ride! Poor DH that would be disappointing and frustrating. I would not be happy either if I was him. Great job on FS LIC and MC! Great news about Tiger Lilly! Hopefully it was just something in her eye and it won’t happen again. Great job on FS BC and L&G! I love the name Fiona!

Cheryl Great job on XT Bis & Tris! Oh you are so much smarter than me. I would not have thought to subtract the remaining candy from the total to get the number of kids. Of course we get so few it is easier for me to just count the kids. Great job on dragon boating in the cold! Hope you remember your gloves next time so your fingers will work better.

Have a great day!

Julie It feels so good to get meal prepping done doesn't it. Good job on Revamp, I hope you are able to sit/stand/walk tomorrow.

Yesterday morning I was really tired so I didn't workout in the morning, the time change threw me off. I went down to the farmers market later in the morning and then in the afternoon I was feeling more energetic so I went for a walk. After that I cleaned up a bunch of leaves that had fallen off the trees. This morning I did RWH LIHI #1 and core #1.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This mornings workout was rough. Not only were my quads super sore but so was my core. Plus I got to bed 2 hours late because DH and I traded in our car yesterday and that never goes quick. I did make it through Revamp which was Overhead Press and Assisted Chinup day!

Cheryl Glad you were able to get a walk in plus had extra energy to do yardwork. Great job on RWH LIHI 1 plus core 1! So far I am getting a solid C+ on sitting and standing. I have an all day meeting which means a lot of sitting all day so we will see how locked up my quads get from that by the end of the day.

Have a great day!

This morning I did Pure & Simple Yoga. With getting to bed late Monday and the all day meeting yesterday I was exhausted and wasn't feeling up to anything but I feel so much better now. My quads are still so sore though.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Revamped Overhead Press and Assisted Chinup day with getting not much sleep. Dealing with car salesmen never goes fast. You were good to get up and still do yoga, I probably would have wanted to sleep in. You really did work your quads hard if they are still sore.

So Tuesday I went to Twist, we are back at the 10 to 12 reps for our weights and then we finished off with a tabata on the spin bikes. Then we went out to my mom's to get some lawn work done for her. There were a lot of leaves that needed to be raked up. Then she had a real estate agent come over and she signed the paperwork to sell the house. It will go on the market on Tuesday. After we left we grabbed some dinner and then got some groceries. I was pooped by the time we got home. This morning I did segment 1 of stretch max and then I went to get Zoey because we were puppy sitting her for the next three days. I went to the SPCA for my shift so DH had to look after her for a couple of hours while I was gone. She sure does get a lot of attention when we go for walks. There are people doing some work in our complex and they all wanted to pet her. Tango still doesn't know what to think of her and stays upstairs most of the day. I am sure one day he will warm up to her.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

I did not get good sleep last night. Woke up a few hours before my alarm went off and had trouble getting back to sleep and maybe only drifted off a few times. I still got up though and did Revamp Bench Press Day! Today is my Friday and I am so excited even though I am just planning on cleaning and getting the dogs groomed tomorrow.

Cheryl Great job on Twist! Plus your yardwork. It sounds like you had a busy day I would be exhausted too by the end. Great job on SM 1 the next day! Was it Zoey that had lice? I'm assuming she is all good now. How fun to puppy sit her for a few days. Hopefully Tango will warm up to her before the end of the 3 day visit. Does your mom already have a room at the assisted living facility?

Have a great weekend!

Julie Good for you in doing Revamp Bench Press Day with not much sleep. No Zoey didn't have the lice another dog did. We are hoping that she didn't get them. Tango did a bit better today with her but he is still cautious of her. No my mom doesn't have a room yet but with selling of the house the soonest she would need a room would be January or February. Enjoy your long weekend.

This morning I went to Twist and had a good workout. Then I came home showered and went to get Zoey. She kept me busy but I did manage to get a bit of housework done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.