Slide & Glide

missw716

Cathlete
Okay, so I did the Slide and Glide workout today and I loved it. It went so fast, and there was no part of it that dragged. That was the fastest 52minute workout I have ever done. The gliding discs, oh my goodness, they REALLY slide on carpet. I was making my moves pretty shallow in the beginning b/c I normally use a frisbee, but using two discs and using Cathe’s discs, takes it to a whole new level. I was scared I would do a split, LOL. But I got used to it as the workout went on.

It was so different than anything I have in my workout collection, and it was tons of fun. The gliders definitely add a unique twist and challenge to familiar exercises like squat thrusts, mountain climbers, pushups, situps, etc. Some of it was clearly beyond my fitness level. For instance, I could not do the pushups while sliding my legs out (Cathe and crew are very strong ladies), so I modified and just did the legs, and I couldn’t do the walking pushups while sliding on the discs. I was like, are you kidding me???!!!! I worked up a sweat, but I was really having a ball. It is so fresh and so new. I thought I would like this series, but I LOVE it. I love, love, love the high intensity, low impact. She said it's not the toughest, so I'm going to work my way up to the harder ones.

This is one I’ll be reaching for often. I can’t wait to try my next one. Cathe really outdid herself with this series. I think it will be my favorite.:cool:

So glad to hear they work on carpet! I just got mine today and will be trying them out tomorrow!
Beth

Thanks for the review! Can't wait to get mine. I live in Hawaii...but the last series got here amazingly fast so I have my fingers that this series will arrive quickly as well!

Just had to edit my post to say that my dvds arrived Tues. Oct 25th!!! So happy!

Last edited:
Wow, I just did this workout today and my legs are shaking! Its amazing how the disc creates a balance challenge that causes you to work like every muscle in your body, and 360 degree leg muscles. It starts out easy, and then you get into the (non)-jumping jacks, burpees and mountain climbers and WHOA I am gasping for air. There is some "toning" type work for the second half using the firewalker band which was kind of like travel fit. In fact, as Cathe mentioned in the blog this would be a really good workout for travel. Oh and some impossible walking plank pushups with your feet on the discs-I just kept collapsing on the floor! Gonna take me a while to master those.
The discs glided fine on carpet-the challenge is to maintain your balance, rather than any friction created with the discs on carpet. There is definitely a learning curve on using the 2 discs as you shift your weight from ball of the foot for gliding, to heels for the "brake." Be sure to watch the introduction for Cathe's tips on that. This is a very unique video and one I will reach for often!
Beth

I agree with Beth - a little learning challenge with the slide discs. Sometimes you have to lighten up a bit on how hard the balls of your feet are on it (hanging on for dear life..) like when you do the side to side lunges so you can keep up with Cathe. I'm sure it'll get easier each time.

This dvd was alot harder than I thought it was going to be (in a good way;))
Kudos to Cathe on the use of the discs! Another successful torture tool in her toolkit! Great use for the ab routine. Awesome and two thumbs up!

I am previewing this as I type. I can't wait to try it but I have a question for those that have done it already. Would you consider this a leg workout? I am trying to find where to place this in my weekly rotation. Watching the cardio alone looks like a killer leg workout. What do ya think ladies? :D

I just did this one and let me give a word of caution - do not attempt it the day after Lower Body Trisets. Ow!

It is a nice workout - a little tricky but it will get easier with practice. I liked the burpees with the gliders -as much as you can like a burpee :p and I thought the plank pushups were terrific!

The regular workout would make a terrific travel workout. I did not try the bonus workout yet.

Just did this one as well and was definitely more core intensive that I thought it was going to be. Love it! Also agree that using the two discs at a time for the cardio was a bit of a learning curve. Takes quite a bit of coordination, but I think after a few more tries, I'll get the hang of it. Even though I was flailing all over the place, this workout was a blast!

I put an old mirror down where I could see my feet. That made it so much easier to use the discs. I don't think I'll always need it there, but all of a sudden, I was using them like a pro. Try the mirror.

Thanks for all the reviews, ladies! :D I'm trying to decide between this and CSS for today's wo. I've been concerned about what the cardio vs leg workout factor is, since I have STS legs on tap for tomorrow's wo, and don't wanna exhaust the legs too much before then..... :confused:

Thanks for all the reviews, ladies! :D I'm trying to decide between this and CSS for today's wo. I've been concerned about what the cardio vs leg workout factor is, since I have STS legs on tap for tomorrow's wo, and don't wanna exhaust the legs too much before then..... :confused:

This was my thought also. It looks like it may fry the legs. Not sure when I'll give it a try but will make sure legs have a rest day following ;)

If you go shallower in the lunges I don't think its a problem to do legs the next day. I wasn't really sore-just a little stiff in the inner thighs. However, I would NOT advise trying to this workout the day AFTER you do legs!
Beth

slide and glide....HOLY COW!

I did this last night and man oh man do I have work to do! I found some carpet to put over my puzzle mat, because the discs (with their covers) just wouldn't slide well on the concrete flooring I have in the rest of the 'workout' space I have. I have never been good at 'burpees' and doing this workout just proved that. The floor work was really challenging!
How do you modify the 'crawling planks' and some of the other plank/leg through moves???
I'm gonna just persist with this 'cause I wanna conquer it!

I just finshed this one in a hotel room. I burned 602 calories. Great workout for traveling. I had to modify a few moves only because I couldnt keep up. I didnt finish all the burpees or the crawling pushups but I loved it all.

I just did this workout today and I LOVED it. I see no dread factor with this workout at all. I love using the discs for the moves. The only moves I couldn't do were the burpees and the pushups. What a great workout. Thanks Cathe!!!!

Wow! This was super challenging - but in a good way. Thanks Cathe for making this series and adding some fun back into my workouts.

I did this one this morning. I am really noticing my quads and glutes. The range of motion and high reps really get in there. Looking forward to trying the rest of the series.

This is one amazing workout. After my replacement hip surgery, I found sliding disks to be an effective workout. Being familiar with Cathe's workouts, I knew this would be a great one. She didn't disappoint but then again, she never does. That's one tough woman. I rally enjoy her workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.