Shaun T Focus T25

Thanks, Natasha, for the additional info about equipment. I have been eyeballing this for a while but I'm really on the fence about it. I'm having mixed feelings about continuing a heavy lifting program in general, but I kind of miss lifting now that I'm not doing much of it. :confused:

Please report back when you're done this rotation, if you don't mind. I'm always obsessed with hearing about results!!

Eva

I just ordered this!!! I'm excited and will report back once I receive it and try/preview some of the DVDs. :)

Awesome Alydinva. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them. I am probably going to break down and get these, but I'm going to wait for the time being.

Hi,

I placed my order yesterday and can't wait. I loved Insanity and I know that some people think it's a bit repetitive, but I lost 14 pounds by the end of the program. I did not use any of their supplements of shakes, but I did eat clean.

Josie

LOL I'm so fickle :eek::D. I decided not to get this after all. It's really going to interfere with my heavy lifting days, and I just can't have that :eek::p;). Plus, I have Cathe's newest to play with :D.

Enjoy ladies! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :).

!

Hi,

I ordered these too. I was at work when the e-mail notification came through and at first I thought it was kind of pricey ( with taxes and stuff ) and I worried about it being like Insanity...but I do like the Asylum volumes so I figured he must have improved on these. I heard they spent a lot on the music!

I figured I can use them as my cardios when I try STS. Knowing that guy, he can kill you in 25 minutes.

LOL I'm so fickle :eek::D. I decided not to get this after all. It's really going to interfere with my heavy lifting days, and I just can't have that :eek::p;). Plus, I have Cathe's newest to play with :D.

Enjoy ladies! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :).

I had them in my cart and decided to hold off. I too am doing minimal cardio and more strength for now.
However, I reserve the right to change my mind again.:D

I had them in my cart and decided to hold off. I too am doing minimal cardio and more strength for now.
However, I reserve the right to change my mind again.:D

I know what you mean :p. I've decreased my cardio to 1X/week and it's working out very well in my favor :p.

I like Shaun T, and these w/o's do look pretty cool, but I really can't foresee myself doing them often (or actually enjoying them).

I think I'm going to pass on these as well. From the previews it looks as if Shaun T. is using basically the same old-school moves he was using in Insanity. Sure, they're effective, but been there, done that. I'm still working away on XTrain and waiting for the new series. :)

Stebby

I initially wanted these when they were first announced but not anymore...I'm looking to clear out a lot of my dvd collection. Not add to it if I can help it.:rolleyes: Plus if I cut an Insanity or Asylum work out in half, I have my own version of "T-25"! :p

I did day 1, Alpha Cardio, and it was tough! It was non stop from the beginning all the way until he yells "TIME"! No stretching or water breaks. Next time I'll walk around a bit afterwards to bring my heart rate down. My feet were bothering me the most which prevented me from going all out so sometimes I modified on my own since the modifier was all low impact.

Denise

I did this one too, and really liked it! If you hang-on with the DVD after he calls TIME, there is a 2 minute *active stretch*. Liked how all the moves built-up the intensity, so you could get your bearings as you progressed. I had to modify twice, but burned over 420 calories in roughly 30 minutes. WOW.

Tough for sure... and you are right - no time to grab your water! But the time flew, my heart raced, and I felt really accomplished that I made it through.

I initially wanted these when they were first announced but not anymore...I'm looking to clear out a lot of my dvd collection. Not add to it if I can help it.:rolleyes: Plus if I cut an Insanity or Asylum work out in half, I have my own version of "T-25"! :p

how did I get that these were higher intensity than Insanity or Asylum? maybe that was just inferred somewhere.

Let us know ladies, Denise, Carol, how the strength training goes okay?.... it looks like circuits, love those, but I really haven't seen many clips of that.

Enjoy! :D

Wow

I was a bit skeptical but I can't believe how much I'm sweating after 25 minutes. Super intense and I love the little yellow bar that goes across for each exercise - helps me push a little harder. Definitely impressed with the Cardio and looking forward to more!

Does anyone wish that Beach Body actually showed you more of the workouts instead of just infomercials? This is very frustrating for me whenever I try to research their programs. Sigh.

For those who have this set, are the workouts very high impact? Denise, you mentioned your feet were bothering you, which is what I would experience if there is a lot of jumping and plyo, so I'm curious. I see some jumping in the clips, but I cannot get a handle on how much or what workouts they are showing.

Thank you.

Does anyone wish that Beach Body actually showed you more of the workouts instead of just infomercials? This is very frustrating for me whenever I try to research their programs. Sigh.

For those who have this set, are the workouts very high impact? Denise, you mentioned your feet were bothering you, which is what I would experience if there is a lot of jumping and plyo, so I'm curious. I see some jumping in the clips, but I cannot get a handle on how much or what workouts they are showing.

Thank you.

This is mostly higher impact unless you follow the modifier then you'll cut out the impact. I did as much high impact as I could and if my feet started throbbing I'd modify on my own or follow modifier.

Denise

This is mostly higher impact unless you follow the modifier then you'll cut out the impact. I did as much high impact as I could and if my feet started throbbing I'd modify on my own or follow modifier.

Denise

Thanks, Denise. This is the same problem I had with Insanity, so I should probably pass on this..as much as it looks appealing to me.

T25 Cardio

Hi,

I just finished the Alpha Cardio. It was 25 minutes. It was impact aerobics, there was a modifier ( appreciated but idk if you would get much of a workout if you followed the modifications a lot ), the music was all right. It was easier than the Insanity/Asylum workouts for sure.

I bought it for the purpose of having short cardios when I start STS. I think it would do the job.

I have to say, it does not have the fun factor of Les Mills Combat. The music was way way better in Combat. Then again, we are talking about the Body Pump people so maybe it isn't fair to think the T25 can match the music selection.

Maybe the other workouts would impress. So far this one was just...cardio.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.