Sharing very sad news

TarHeelMom

Cathlete
Hi everybody,

I am very sad to tell you all that our DebbieH and her husband Dave lost Dave's father very late last night. He'd been going downhill for the past year, as some of you know, and suffered a stroke on Sunday morning. Debbie found out about this terrible news while we were on our way to the airport after the July Road Trip. At that point her father-in-law was still alive but in critical condition. Of course the flight delays in Philadelphia yesterday were agonizing to her. She got home late in the evening and went straight to the hospital with Dave. Thankfully, they and the family had some time with Dave's dad before he slipped peacefully away. Deb was exhausted and sad this morning, but was doing alright and feeling at peace and very grateful for having gotten home in time.

I've known this all day, but I've been waiting to post until I had some more concrete news for you folks. I don't, yet -- arrangements aren't complete because Debbie and Dave have family coming in from out of town. Debbie thinks the funeral will probably be toward the end of the week. But for the moment I knew you'd all want to be keeping Debbie, Dave, Dave's dad, Dave's mom and the whole Hollingshead family in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll share one more thing with y'all which I think is amazing: On Saturday during the Road Trip, Debbie stepped away for a few minutes on impulse and telephoned her in-laws to check on them. She had a nice chat with her mother-in-law and father-in-law, and told them both she loved them. I LOVE this story -- truly one of those "mysterious ways" moments.

I'll let y'all know when I get any additional info. I would imagine there will be an obituary tomorrow and/or Wednesday in the local papers (Akron/Canton/Uniontown Ohio area).

Kathy,

Thank you for posting this sad news. My heart truly goes out to Deb, Dave, and their entire family during these tough times. Thankfully, Dave's Dad is now at peace and will always be in their hearts.

Deb, HUGS to you and wish I was there to help!!!!
Lorrayne

Deb, very, very sad news and our thoughts are with you right now. Thanks so much for all you did for all of us this past week. We are truly blessed to know you.

Cheryl

Oh Kathy, my heart goes out to Debbie and her family. Thank you for letting us know.

Deb, I hope you and your family find peace during this difficult time. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers for you and your family.

Thanks for letting us know Kathy...My thoughts and prayers are with Deb, Dave and their families at this very sad time...

Deb,

You were a friendly face at the RT this year. Is it was my first, but I knew you from the many pictures from previous years. My heart goes out to you, and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for the post Kathy.

Colleen

Kathy, thank you for sharing this with us.

My heart goes out to Deb and all the emotions she must have had this weekend.

truly one of those "mysterious ways" moments.

No mystery there, that was God's hand.
My sympathy to Deb, Dave & their family. I will keep them in my prayers. May they find comfort in the Lord.

Deb, Dave and family -- my deepest condolances. Dave's pop was SUCH an amazing gentleman, and Dave and Deb were ALWAYS there for him and Dave's mom. Sending prayers for strength and serenity in this time of sorrow. <<<Hugs>>>

Hello,

Just wanted Debbie to know that her and the family are in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Take Care,
Heidi

Dear Deb,

Please send my condolences to the entire Hollingshead family. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you at this very difficult time. I'm hoping that you find peace in the wonderful memories of this truly special man. Warm hugs my friend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.