release date?

I have been preordering cathe workouts for many years, I have never been disappointed. I love the discount and do not mind the wait. Her workouts are well worth the wait and money!!!
Tracy

A-Jock, you said it perfectly!! I love the way things are now -- I love getting the great discounts because I know no matter how long it takes to get the workouts, I'm going to order them anyway. Of course I'm excited and anxious to get them, but I know when we finally get them, we will be so pleased with the quality and care they took in producing them. Cathe and SNM have always produced the most excellent quality workouts (I have them all!). Just keep up the wonderful work!

Julie

I agree with A Jock as well. I will eventually buy whatever Cathe puts out there, so I don't mind pre-ordering and waiting however long it takes.

Listen, they've said that STS will be out this year. So let's just assume the tentative release date is 12/31/08. Anything before that will just be icing on the cake!

Yes, we could certainly start our presales later and it is probably a good idea to do so. But please understand that we will not offer the same discounts as we do now if we adopt this model. The discounts we offer now are based on the fact that you have to wait a long time before you actually get your product and are proportional to the time you have to wait. We’ve actually had several discussions over the last year of changing our business model to not starting a presale until about 1 week before we release the DVDs. The discounts would not be nearly as great as you see now, but your wait time would only be a week or so and this would eliminate many of the problems you see with the way we do our current presales.

I have to say I don't think this would be any better from your point of view (Starting the pre-sale a week before the release). Persumably we (the consumer) would know that you are filming new workouts and we (the consumer) would be constantly questioning you about when the pre-sale was going to start instead of what we are doing now - which is constantly questioning you when our orders would be received. I honestly think it is a no win situation.

Sidenote: Defining we to mean not all but quite a few.

But I will say that if we can have these in our hands before Jan 2, 2009, I would be very happy. I have a tentative schedule to start STS beginning Jan 3, 2009.

Saundra

I would totally agree with SMN's business model - of course as soon as we know the filming is over we want the workouts - but it just doesnt work that way - SNM has been nothing but 100% upfront as to the progress and the fact that an estimated ship date cannot be forthcoming until they know themselves. How are they supposed to know how long it will take to produce 41 DVD's when that almost equals the entire current library??.... relax people...

I much prefer that they dont say some date that they cant meet - I think that would be way worse.

I have been pre-ordering since the Intensity series and will continue to pre-order on the first day for anything SNM produces... I just CRINGE every time we have to have this same post - it happens every time - just dont preorder if you cant deal with waiting for the product and SNM has emphsizes that very fact from the beginning... I, for one, love the discounts and love the product....

Chris and/or Cathe

Thanks for the update.
In the event that you are unable to send the whole STS series in time for Christmas, would you consider at least sending the first Mesocycle out by then? Of course I am assuming that the first Mesocycle will be the first 12 of the 41 DVDs completed.

Thank you
Saundra

Thanks SNM for updating the blog. You've made a lot of people's "DAY". :D:D:D:):)

I believe that was all that anyone was looking for; to see where on the horizon we MIGHT expect to see STS. I've just started P90X and figured I would be doing STS beginning in the New year.

STS Release

Ladies, check the Blog QUICK!!!!!!!! STS is expected to be released & shipped by THIS Christmas!!!!!! Yipeee!

I preordered the first day and I know that I will be very happy with STS whenever I get it. I wouldn't want the preordering to change because I like the discounts that we get.

I pre-ordered the first day, too, and, while I wasn't expecting the wait to be quite so long, haven't minded it too much. I know it'll be an amazing product, and am so excited that the end is in sight! :)

I just wanted to say that this is my second pre-order. I bought STS withint the first week of the pre-sale and I don't mind the wait. I mean, I really want STS but I understand that this is a huge quality project and I am willing to wait.

I like the idea of the pre-sale "as is". People who are willing to wait can purchase and those not willing to wait can purchase later on.

I have to say that I enjoy seeing all the thought and work that is put into a workout through the blog from start to finish with all the pictures, etc.

Can't wait - Woo Hoo!!!

I'm just happy Cathe isn't injured. That was what I think of as a terrible wait.

I am 100% confident that neither Cathe nor Chris care to be involved with anything less than a well-researched and well-produced product. I agree that no matter what, everyone wants a piece of Cathe and curiously don't seem hesitant to act as such. I'm sincerely grateful that Cathe seems happy to oblige and it appears she will continue to do so.

I too agree with AJ & so many others - Personally when a presale clearly states that there is no idea to determine a ship date (as SNM did) I take it for exactly what it says...That means NO IDEA! If at any point a person KNOWS they wont be happy with that then they shouldnt take advantage of the pre-sale. I dont think its logical to complain about not having an idea of release when all along its been stated that there WOULDNT & COULDNT be one. If you really believe that SNM has had a release date & is just choosing not to share it then why pre-order at all.

I LOVE pre-sales...my purchase is always paid for by the time I get it so I feel like its free!!! :):D

I sure hope the current pre-sale model doesnt change- rather I'd like to see the people who choose to buy the pre-sale be reponsible for their choice. Cancel or don't order if you choose but please refrain from setting expectations of your own that differ than what SNM was clear & upfront about.

I too agree with AJ & so many others - Personally when a presale clearly states that there is no idea to determine a ship date (as SNM did) I take it for exactly what it says...That means NO IDEA! If at any point a person KNOWS they wont be happy with that then they shouldnt take advantage of the pre-sale. I dont think its logical to complain about not having an idea of release when all along its been stated that there WOULDNT & COULDNT be one. If you really believe that SNM has had a release date & is just choosing not to share it then why pre-order at all.

I LOVE pre-sales...my purchase is always paid for by the time I get it so I feel like its free!!! :):D

I sure hope the current pre-sale model doesnt change- rather I'd like to see the people who choose to buy the pre-sale be reponsible for their choice. Cancel or don't order if you choose but please refrain from setting expectations of your own that differ than what SNM was clear & upfront about.

Well said, Traci:)!!

I agree Traci..

I'm just happy Cathe isn't injured. That was what I think of as a terrible wait.

I am 100% confident that neither Cathe nor Chris care to be involved with anything less than a well-researched and well-produced product. I agree that no matter what, everyone wants a piece of Cathe and curiously don't seem hesitant to act as such. I'm sincerely grateful that Cathe seems happy to oblige and it appears she will continue to do so.

ITA. Plus this gives me more time to prep :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.