Really scared (long)

Hi Fitat 49,
I don't post much but wanted to send you {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} and prayers. I understand the fear you are feeling. This happened to me a few years ago.I was paralyzed with fear with all the sonograms and blood tests (CA-125 ) I had a baseball sized mass on my left ovary and went for all types of tests. It was finally decided to remove the ovary for biopsy. Fortunately it was a mucsinous adenoma which was benign. Just reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I know how scary this can be. You will be in my thoughts and prayers all day today. Jennifur

Kali, It's interesting that both a drug for diabetes and BC could dissolve a cyst. Perhaps the drug you were taking has an effect on hormones??

It's possible. The doctor said it's a medication that can treat a variety of different things.

Hello Ladies, Well it was a bad situation at the DRs. today. I get there wait 40 minutes for the Dr. he comes in and starts asking questions and I said when am I having the ultrasound and he said Oh not today the technician doesn't work on Fridays! And I said well why am I hear then and he said just to talk, we will schedule you for a ultrasound next week sometime. Well I got pretty upset and said my Dr. made it sound like lets do this now and made a appointment with you for today to get the ultrasound and my mom takes off work to come with me and your going to do nothing? And the water works start coming because I am so frustrated. Well he said "OK" to ease your mind lets go to a partial ultrasound. So he did. But he is not trained in doing this so he took a few pictures did say the cyst was young and nothing to worry about on my right ovary but then cond. to say my uterus was thick, I said what does that mean and he said he didn't want to say anything until he spoke with the technician on Monday he didn't want me too worry. TOO LATE!!! just saying that I'm worrying, So now I have to wait to go in on Tuesday and get a full ultrasound. I want to scream. He also said that he didn't feel this was causing my back pain he suggested I get a MRI. Lori

Last edited:
Hello Ladies, Well it was a bad situation at the DRs. today. I get there wait 40 minutes for the Dr. he comes in and starts asking questions and I said when am I having the ultrasound and he said Oh not today the technician doesn't work on Fridays! And I said well why am I hear then and he said just to talk, we will schedule you for a ultrasound next week sometime. Well I got pretty upset and said my Dr. made it sound like lets do this now and made a appointment with you for today to get the ultrasound and my mom takes off work to come with me and your going to do nothing? And the water works start coming because I am so frustrated. Well he said "OK" to ease your mind lets go to a partial ultrasound. So he did. But he is not trained in doing this so he took a few pictures did say the cyst was young and nothing to worry about on my right ovary but then cond. to say my uterus was thick, I said what does that mean and he said he didn't want to say anything until he spoke with the technician on Monday he didn't want me too worry. TOO LATE!!! just saying that I'm worrying, So now I have to wait to go in on Tuesday and get a full ultrasound. I want to scream. He also said that he didn't feel this was causing my back pain he suggested I get a MRI. Lori

I am SO sorry you are going through all this, Lori. I don't blame you one bit for being upset!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lori - I know that telling you not to worry is useless...but try to at least relax. That was a horribly frustrating thing you went through and I am sorry you had to deal with that on top of the fear you are already feeling. Don't let the fear take over though - it will make you feel that much worse. I got a call on a Friday afternoon that the MRI of my brain had shown something, and they needed to investigate further and soon. I asked what it could be, and to be honest, I was so freaked out in that immediate moment that I don't know how I was able to speak or hold the phone. Know what the idiot said??? Oh, could be a brain tumor! Or could be something else. What kind of something else, I asked? Oh, this or that. Surgery or medication would probably fix it. Brain surgery?? Tumor??? So, all weekend, I was left with this. I think they do this just to screw with us over the weekend. Poor Clarissa on these boards went through the same thing just very recently. The doctor called the following Monday, and you can believe I let her know what had happened (and you should do the same to your doctor), and she consulted with other neurologists, I waited, they sent me for an immediate different kind of brain scan of the arteries (scary to get the call - your doctor called and needs you to come in now), and it ended up being a freaky genetic irregularity. So, I spent all of those days in dire worry, fear, panic, tears...and was here for all of the amazing support during that time - and then I got my life back. I wish the same for you. My prayers will be with you.

Lori - I know that telling you not to worry is useless...but try to at least relax. That was a horribly frustrating thing you went through and I am sorry you had to deal with that on top of the fear you are already feeling. Don't let the fear take over though - it will make you feel that much worse. I got a call on a Friday afternoon that the MRI of my brain had shown something, and they needed to investigate further and soon. I asked what it could be, and to be honest, I was so freaked out in that immediate moment that I don't know how I was able to speak or hold the phone. Know what the idiot said??? Oh, could be a brain tumor! Or could be something else. What kind of something else, I asked? Oh, this or that. Surgery or medication would probably fix it. Brain surgery?? Tumor??? So, all weekend, I was left with this. I think they do this just to screw with us over the weekend. Poor Clarissa on these boards went through the same thing just very recently. The doctor called the following Monday, and you can believe I let her know what had happened (and you should do the same to your doctor), and she consulted with other neurologists, I waited, they sent me for an immediate different kind of brain scan of the arteries (scary to get the call - your doctor called and needs you to come in now), and it ended up being a freaky genetic irregularity. So, I spent all of those days in dire worry, fear, panic, tears...and was here for all of the amazing support during that time - and then I got my life back. I wish the same for you. My prayers will be with you.

Thank you for your encouraging words. You are right, you just have to keep positive and not get freaked out it doesnt help. I'm sorry to hear what you are going through as well, you sound like a very strong women I'm sure everything will turn out fine. My prayers are with you and your family as well. Please keep us informed if you don't mind. Take Care. Lori

Lori - I am sorry for the confusion, but you are so sweet to be thinking of me! This was last year so I am all over that and will just live with my genetic anomaly :) It is one of those things that I would have probably never even known about if it weren't for my headaches, which led to an MRI and them finding it. I still remember the fear, the frustration, the panic as if it were yesterday, as well as the total irritation over the nurse treating me like that. Your doctor that you saw Friday had no business scaring you like that. Stay off the internet too. It will do you no good. What I learned from this, because I believe we should learn from all of life's experiences, is to enjoy life. When it was over with, I was actually glad it had happened because it made me wake up, so to speak, and my life, my entire being, just changed because of it.

Hello Ladies, Well I have a update! I had to have a biopsy this past Tuesday because of the thickness of my uterine lining, and it was benign!! That was quite a scare and I'm very thankful. But the original reason why I went to my Dr. in the first place was for my severe lower back pain and being very tired. But once he saw the ct scan on my ovaries he forgot all about my original concern. So now I know everything is good down there I still have no answers to my back pain and fatigue. I'm requesting him to schedule a MRI but haven't heard back from him yet. He already did a x ray and blood work so I guess the next step would be MRI. Something really needs to be done for the back pain and tiredness. Thanks for all of you ladies support you have been great!! Lori

Lori- very gald the biopsy came back just fine. Blessed are you my friend. I know you feel so much better at least about that. Take it one step at a time. Still praying for you pain to ease. Hugs to you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.