Push It

Today was TTM(no compound legs)...51 minute sweat fest!! The 30/20 was more like 30/30 for me today though :eek: I really find that TTM and CF increase cardio capacity really well, so I'm going to keep them in the schedule. For me TTM is easier than CF, so I'll get better at that one before I dive back into CF. And holy premix on TTM. Options are endless with this one :cool:

We leave tomorrow for our Cheerleading competition. I think my attitude about competition season is lifting :D It's a busy time of year and I'm really glad football season ends before it starts. Brandon is not doing any activities until January, so that means there are only two days a week that will involve a bunch of running around :D:D:D:D

Catilin
Welcome!!! Running AFTER HiiT 30/30?!?!?! Nice work :cool: Interesting that you would be recommended against shoulder and chest work. I would have thought that would help your situation, but I supposes that's why I'm NOT a doctor :eek:

HeartyMax
Thanks for the compliment. It's a full sew in. My hair has decided to grow at a snails pace :mad::mad: My hair grows faster when I leave it completely alone, so I'll be wearing it this way for some time. I also started taking some hair vitamins so I'm hoping that helps. The goal is to get my own hair to grow into the style that I'm wearing now. We shall see!!

Tasha
I'm going to start doing that shoulder move you posted a little bit ago. It's looks fantastic!! My shoulder joints seem to be weak and I'd like to strengthen them before I start STS again. I think this will help my chest flys quite a bit. Right now I feel like my shoulder joints hold me back from going heavier than about 18 lbs.

Nancy
What body weight book did you get for DH? I'm terrible at body weight exercises, which means I need to do more :eek::eek::eek:

Jennifer
Where or where are you??? Miss ya :D

FRIIIIIIDAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!:eek:
As you can see, I'm a little excited for the weekend :eek:! I did GS Back, Bis, & Shoulders last night (followed by the Elliot Shoulder Move, or ESM for short ;)!)
My calves are talkin' to me from Wednesday's GS Legs...that one always gets them! Tonight is supposed to be All Out HIIT. We'll see (ha-ha!). I am still reading the very first few chapters of Strong Curves. Actually REALLY LOVE his philosophy so far! DH still hasn't cracked open the bodyweight training book I got him (TONI, the book is Bret Contreras' Bodyweight Strength Training Anatomy: Bodyweight Strength Training Anatomy: Bret Contreras: 9781450429290: Amazon.com: Books). The book is beautifully illustrated and seems very thorough. My DH is in the middle of writing his thesis so I have to cut him some slack; he's pretty dang occupied!

Toni, I REALLY LOVED TTM Extreme Premix! Like you I am in awe of all the premixes for that workout. I haven't done it in over a year and really miss it (my PF came on back in July of 2012 and I've been keeping things grounded...it IS improving, though, and I've been eyeing CF and TTM with longing :D!!!)

Caitlin, 30/30 was one of my first Cathe DVDs! I am slowly working my way back up to impact moves and would love to do that one again! I'm able to do Tabatacise with very little modifications so that has been my go to DVD for intense cardio (along with All Out HIIT, Flextrain, and X10 Double Low Impact premix).

This weekend I'm hoping to set up a rotation with Bret's Strong Curves in mind. I don't know how I'm going to incorporate him into my Cathe stuff, but I know I'll manage somehow...probably need a lot of tweaking at first :p;)!
Jennifer, are you doing one of Bret's rotations, or have you made up your own? How are your results?

HI to Tasha, HeartyMax, and Stacie!!!!! Hope everyone ROCKS their workouts today!

PS I think I'm going to try that no-bake healthy apple tart recipe this weekend!!!! YUMMY!

Hello all

Today's workout was not that great, as I woke up with an UTI. Thank god my boyfriend Braxton had given me 100 dollars and I took car service to my doctor for an antibiotic. I only did half an hour of hi lo, and then the back, biceps and triceps of Muscle Max. I am doing something wrong with Hi Reps, and I can never get to their chapter menu. I am only 5'1' and 110, and the doctor that did my implants lost his license, but it was too late for me to sue him. He made this tiny woman a 34DD, so I have really bad back problems. When I work out, I forget aboput the pain in my back because I get an aerobic high. I loved Party Rockin 1, so I ordered Party Rockin 2 from Ebay, but I have a new checking account, and it has to be confirmed. I love 30/30, and I admit I am a bit fearful about doing the others.

Hi everyone :)

My w/o thurs was:

1) 5x6R conventional deadlifts (80lbs and it was EASY :eek:)

2) 5x6R chin-ups superset w/
5x6R overhead presses

*beach work*
3x 8-10R barbell curls
3x 8-10R tricep kickbacks
3x 10R single leg stab ball roll-outs

Yesterday I had DOMS in my back that I've never felt in my life! I really think it was the deadlifts because I was contracting my shoulder blades on the way up. You know how much I love DOMS :D.

Toni
Good luck with the cheer-leading competition! I'm sure Jasmine will rock it :eek:.
I think you would really benefit from Elliott's shoulder exercises and vids. He gives solid info (and he's oh-so-dreamy too :eek:).

Caitlin
UGH UTI's suck :mad:. I've been having them ever since I turned 16. Hope you feel better :).
I'm sorry to hear about your chest implants and all the problems you've been having with your back :(.

Nancy
Glad to see you are loving Bret's book. It's always nice to find someone in the health/fitness industry that you just "click" with their style, you know?
OMG I viewed the recipe and I really want to try it this w/e :p. LOL my mouth was practically watering.

Hearty
How are you feeling?

I feel so much better now

Today was Hard Strikes, and I wear two pound weighted gloves on each hand. I figured out how to do High Reps without the chaper menu because half of it is lower body, and the other half is upper body. I hope everyone here is doing well.

Catlin---I see I have not officially welcomed you to our check in. I have been working out in the evenings lately so I don't post as much as things get busy.

Toni---good luck to Jasmine.

Tasha-- has Bella adjusted to school? I know she was having a hard time several weeks ago.

There was no school yesterday and my boys and I did a little shopping and ate at the mall. A low key and fun afternoon. It was nice to get some cleaning done on my day off too. We are taking the boys to Six Flags Fright Fest this evening. Got in 3.1 miles in 33 minutes today. I really need to go ahead and push myself to 4 miles.

Hi all,
Many apologies for not checking in; I know how I worry and wonder about all of you when I don't hear from ya'll in a while so I just really am sorry. Lots been going on which does happen sometimes;) One thing is the Cardinals! Watching the games, seeing some friends, celebrating my bday, busy at work, and just other things going on - it's been hard to get to the Forum:( BTW, we're going to the world series again! I'm hoping Detroit makes it, too, but then of course I'll have to be wearing my Red and yelling "GO CARDS!"

My neck/shoulder are better so at least there's that! In fact last week I was able to do BURNSETS (upper body). As for my back - I just don't understand it. It's never taken this long to heal before. Believe me, I've done everything I can to help it; rest, ice, heat, muscle relaxers for a while, massage, gentle stretching and foam rolling, and ibuprofen.

Workouts haven't been all that great but I have been doing some things and just keeping it light. I finally did FLEX TRAIN -- that workout is a blast and actually doesn't bother my back one single bit! Well, there are a couple moves in it that I avoid. PEDAL POWER premixes #1 and #3 are SO AWESOME! As for GLUTES, nothing really big or heavy, just enough to keep them fairly active. YOGA - just about takes me down to the floor every time I try. I VERY slowly get up and thank God that I am able to. At least with this back flareup I am able to stay mobile even if a bit lopsided sometimes:) I definitely credit that to stronger glutes!

I have missed you all and I am glad to be back into the swing of things (even though my back is still not cooperating - but it is getting better).

Now I will try to touch on some of what's been going on with you all! Since I'm so far behind I am sorry in advance for anything I miss...

Caitilin
Nice to see you here! I've seen a few of your posts and if I remember correctly I believe you also have back issues. How are you doing?

Nancy,
So glad you bought Strong Curves! I religiously stuck to Bret's program for 11 weeks and then I went on vacation. Now I just stick with his principles and do some glutes almost every day. You will not be disappointed! As much as I love Cathe and as great as her workouts are, Bret's book is what has really worked for me, and not even just my glutes! You'll know what I mean:cool:

I have debated on buying Bret's Bodyweight Training book - PLEASE let me know how DH likes it. Since I bought Nia Shank's program which includes a Bodyweight chapter (and haven't done much with it yet) I have a hard time making the purchase. On the other hand, I do love Bret and he and Nia seem to be on the same page. It might be interesting to have both and combine both their programs.

Do you have the Door Attachments for tubing? They allow me to do the best exercises for me especially since lately I've had to avoid hip thrusting, squatting, deadlifting, and back extensions (sigh).

Tash,
80# and it was easy?! Congrats, girlfriend! That's the way to work! Glad to hear your old friend DOMS came back to visit you! :D

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! And thank you for the bday wishes on FB. It actually is the 16th but I won't get into details as to why it has the 12th (I think) on there.

Are things at school and Bella going better? Have you started volunteering at the school yet (or is there trouble with your background check --- just kidding!!)

What does Bella want to be for Halloween? Craig and I are not dressing up this year or passing out candy; we're going to a local play Young Frankenstein - should be a fun night. I did, however, make treat bags to give to the kids that we do know so we can still participate in their Halloween activities.

Toni,
I see you are in the Cathletes FB group! I saw that you recently did Pedal Power in it's entirety -- nice! I like the premixes and am IN LOVE with #1; #3 is also fantastic but #1 is just a bit longer and I'm liking that.

I do love your profile pic, you look beautiful!

How is the Cheerleading competition going? Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Heartymax,
Did your team come up with a name? Sorry if I missed it. When is the event? Sorry if I missed that, too:eek:

Stacie,
Have you been posting? How are you doing?

Gotta run - we're heading out and I MUST shower first!

Thank y ou, Hearty Max

for the welcome. When I work out, I forget about my back because I get an aerobic high. Sometimes, I do take pain pills, but I can't take Vicodin as those pills have some stuff in them that make me throw up. I take percs, but I know I can't take them every day, and I never get addicted. My New York State ID was stolen, and last year, DMV gave it to me on the spot. The pharmacy won't fill them without it, and DMV said on the 17th it would take two weeks for me to get it. I cannot believe how incompetent they are. By that time, I will need a new script.

As I said, I do not take them every day, and I have never become addicted. I think I worked out 6 or 7 days in a row, so today is a rest day.

Good evening ladies! I think it's been a couple of weeks since I checked in. The weekend after I checked in, I got a really bad cold (everyone at work as been catching it). I didn't start STS like I had planned to and still haven't completed my 1RM testing. I will resume those again tonight and hopefully start STS next week. I also meant to post this a while back but Tyler got his black belt on the 10th! He was so happy that he stuck with it. Parent/teacher conferences were also awesome for the first time ever. His new teacher doesn't think he has ADD. She said that she only sees focus issues when he frustrated. All she does is let him take a break from the work and then he comes back to it just fine. It made me feel like I made the right decision in not medicating him!

Toni
I love your new Avatar pic. Good luck on cheerleading this year too! It's easy to get turned off an sports when it can be soooo competitive. Plus, they do take a lot of time as well.

HeartyMax
It sounds like you are feeling better! It sounds like your runs are progressing as well. Did you and your family have fun at FrightFest? They used to have that here too when our amusement park was Six Flags but I only made it there once and that was way before Tyler was even born! I've thought about taking him there but I think he is still too little for most of the rides.

Caitilin
Welcome!

Jennifer
I'm so sorry to hear about your back! It must be awful to be in pain. I hope that it heals soon!

Natasha
It sounds like you are seeing some great strength gains with Nia. Congrats! Is Bella feeling better about school?

Nancy
Congrats on the new purchase! If Jennifer likes it, it MUST be good! I hope you enjoy it as well.

Have a great evening everyone!

Forgive my partial cut and paste from my other check-in :eek::
I've been pouring over Bret Contreras' 2 books: Strong Curves, and Bodyweight Strength Training. He is very good friends with Nia Shanks (mentions her in his book) and they share the same philosophies. In fact, his rotations look a lot like Nia's :p! I have some trepidation about changing completely over to his system and I really don't know why!!???:confused: I love Cathe and have been getting great results with her for the past 3 years, but I feel a need to really focus on my glutes which is Bret's forte. I also really want to get good at the body weight training so that I don't get derailed if I'm unable to lift weights (like when I travel or if I want to do something during a break at work). I want to perfect my push-us and do pull-ups, etc. I'll definitely use bits and pieces of Cathe's strength training DVDs (like Xtrain Burn Sets and Pyramids) and her tabata/HIIT/MRT w/os for cardio.

Today I will be setting up my rotation for the week and working over my nutritional needs based on Bret's recommendations. I just don't feel like I'm leaning out enough.

Jennifer, I am so glad you're back! Congrats on the Cardinals (as you can imagine, my family in Detroit is devastated about the Tigers!:()! I looked over the Bodyweight book this weekend and was really impressed with the illustrations and variations for body weight strength training! I think it is a wonderful compliment to Strong Curves. I think I got it for $13. Which rotation from Strong Curves did you do? I am torn about jumping right in to the "advanced" one....(are we advanced if we do Cathe?:confused:). Did you follow Bret's nutritional recommendations?

Tracie, glad you're back as well! I bet you are chomping at the bit to get started with STS!!! I was so glad that I took the time to do the 1 RM in advance...it made it much easier than continually changing things up on the fly!

HeartyMax, I think 4 miles is closer than you think! You're making such great progress and seem very committed ;)! When is your race?

Toni, are you all cheered out :p?

Caitlin, hope you enjoyed that rest day! 6 -7 days in a row warrants a break! Do you follow a specific rotation? Do you only do Cathe?

Okay, ladies, I am focused on getting my rotation/nutrition set up so I'll sign off for now!
Have a productive Monday and set the tone for a great week ahead!!!:eek:

I mainly do Cathe and Christi Taylor

I do Cathe the most, though. Today I did Step Blast, but I can't do fast feet, so I just jumped on the step and jumped down. Even though I am very short, I do my step workouts on a eight inch step. I actually ran the NYC Marathon, some jerky guy knocked me down at the 17th mile, but I got up and finished. I can be very determined. My time was four hours when it was supposed to be 3:45. Sometimes I do run outside, although my doctor told me never to run on concrete, but I do it anyway.

The boys had a good time at Fright Fest. It was drizzling when we arrived but soon stopped. It was sweatshirt weather so not too cold. DH just walked around and watched the shows which were good.

Increased my miles to 3.5 today. I will try that for a while and increase to 4 miles.

Stacie--great hearing from you.

GUESS WHAT DAY IT WAS FOR ME YESTERDAY?! DEADLIFT DAY!!!!

My w/o yesterday was:

1) 5x6R deadlifts

2) 5x6R chin-ups superset w/
5x6R barbell overhead press

I added: 3x10R straight leg deadlifts

* 10min cardio finisher*
KB drills from Paul K's Burn & Build

So I miscalculated on my deadlift #. I thought I was doing 85lbs when I was really doing 95lbs :eek:. As soon as I figured it out I dropped the weight to 85lbs because I need to increase weekly and I don't want to go up in weight so fast and snap something up :p.

Hearty

You are a champ with those runs! Very inspiring :)
And yes, Bella is doing much better in school. Thanks for asking.

Stacie
So happy to hear about Tyler's black belt! And I'm REALLY glad to hear that his teacher does not think he has ADD. It looks like this year is starting off so well for the both of you :). You both deserve it!
Yes, Bella is much happier at school now. Thank you for asking :).

Nancy
I responded to you on the other check-in :). What have you decided to do? Don't forget, there is no right or wrong here! Do what you feel is right for YOU.

Jennifer
Happy to hear from you :). I'm sorry to hear about your back :(:mad:. Did you happen to catch Elliott vid on back pain? It really shed some light to my *own* back problems and what could be the root cause of them. I will admit that my posture has been really crappy these past few years :(. I wish you a very speedy recovery!
I'm still waiting for the backround check LOL ;). Didn't I tell you guys that I'm a meth dealer on the side ;):p:D.
Bella wants to be Rapunzel. We got the costume and she looks super cute. I didn't want her to be a princess though, cuz' all little girls want to be princesses :rolleyes:. I guess it's not up to me after all.

Caitlin
I am in awe of anyone who can run a marathon :eek:. That's friggin' awesome :).

Have a wonderful day ladies!

So last night I dipped my toe into the pool for the beginner's rotation for Strong Curves! It was very strange for me to not follow a DVD...I've been doing video workouts since I was about 24 years old! I forgot to put on music, so it was a very quiet workout :p! I loved starting out with the foam roller, but felt like I needed more of a warm up before the stretches. I liked the "activation" and "mobility" moves a lot.
So the first exercise was body weight glute bridges supersetted with one arm rows. I did the first set of glute bridges and realized I NEED WEIGHT :eek:!!!!, so I reached over and grabbed the 25# that I was going to use for my one arm rows and started over ;)! After that superset we moved on to another superset of bodyweight box squats and dumbell bench press. I stuck with body weight on the squats so that I could get the feel of them (I usually have a narrower stance...but you REALLY feel it in the glutes with the wider stance!). I did 20 reps each set for the box squats and 12 reps with 20# for the press. Then it was Romanian deadlifts (used two 20# dumbells; 3 sets of 15 reps); side lying abduction (1 set of 30 reps while REALLY squeezing the glutes); then front and side planks for 60 secs each. Bret doesn't have a cool down or stretch after, so I improvised with a few of my favorite Cathe stretches. I felt pretty good after :D! I did not feel wiped out nor did I feel like I didn't get enough (that was my biggest worry!).
Tonight I'll do workout "B". I'll have to improvise on the lat pull down (I have my door/band thingy) and the 45 degree hyper extension (I'll try to use my stability ball). I also plan on weighting the step ups and using a band for the side lying clams. I plan on following Bret's suggestion for a training week using Cathe for my cardio:
Mon: Workout A
Tue: Workout B
Wed: Cathe HIIT or Tabata
Thur: Workout A
Fri: Workout C
Sat: Cathe Metabolic (like Flextrain!)

Several things I want to try:
1. Adding the allowed 5 minutes of isolation exercise on "Workout A" days
2. Doing a longer Cathe-style warmup after foam rolling but before the other prep moves
3. Ending the session with the STS Extended Stretch on weight days

Sorry this was such a long post, but I'm pretty excited about this! I plan on doing it for at least 2 weeks before I make any other changes!

Tasha & Jennifer, what do you think?

Today was short

I did 30/30 from HIIT and my bi's and tri's from Muscle Max. I am naturally muscular, and there are three body types: ectomorph, which is tall and thin, mesomorph like me, and endormorph which are prone to overweight and very curvy. Mesomorphs like me can run to fat if they are not careful. I had posted elsewhere that Colin was coming tomorrow, but I have my days mixed up. He is not coming until Friday. He is a pain, and I have to change the linens even if they are clean, and I have to keep the cats out of my bedroom.

Last edited:
Hi!
Guess what, the back is still tweaked - but it is SO much better! Today was the first day I have not taken anything for discomfort. No muscle relaxers, tylenol, advil - nothing:) Turns out it's a pinched nerve so my torso has shifted to avoid the nerve... "of all the nerve" - (snicker) - just had to say it! Technically I'm not out of alignment but my torso has pulled me towards the side. Scoliosis and the degenerative disc issue just flares up sometimes. Quite frankly I think some of the Yoga moves and the hours of cleaning with the volunteer program set it off; seems that is when this all started.

So anyway, this morning I managed XTrain Legs preceded by some glute activation, bridging with light weight, and cable exercises. Single leg exercises since I'm still slightly skewed - even slow and shallow dead lifts - are okay and do not hurt me. I was SO GLAD to finally get into some decent glute work after almost 3 weeks! If I do any upper body this week it will be light and high reps.

Nancy,
So sorry about Detroit. I can imagine how bummed your family is. Those dumb Sox - we'll show them! We'll do it for Detroit, too!

Congrats on starting Strong Curves! Seriously, you will love it and see results. Your plan for the extras is perfect. I also added on the stronger I got; noticing results so quickly is so motivating! I am excited for you:eek: BTW, I have 2 high steps and set each on 2 risers that I use for the Between Bench squats (love those), but the goblet squats rock too!

I did the Gorgeous glutes program and I noticed that it also really worked my back/lats, forearms, and biceps as well. It was nice because then I did Cathe's workouts for triceps/shoulders/chest. As for his Nutrition section I can say that I do eat very well, what he lists is pretty much what I do. Since I'm pear-shaped everything bad goes right to my thighs! I was able to kick the sugar craving a long time ago and only splurge on those wonderful cookie-cakes sometimes. I just don't miss it and I don't feel deprived at all!

I may have to go ahead and get the Bodyweight book just cuz it's Bret's and he and Nia are on the same page. Plus I'm a Glute Guy fan:)

Tash,
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS - MIKE, MIKE, MIKE, MIKE, MIKE - ha! You gotta know that commercial, right?! With the camel?

Sounds like you had a totally kickin' workout! 95lbs! You are awesome! You're also being smart about the whole thing:)

I will have to check out Elliott's back video; I'm sure I'll learn something. Yet I also know that I have skeletal issues; my dad's entire side of the family has a bad back. Plus, 20 years of sitting all day has not helped (posture, for sure). I am still loving standing for most of the work day and my tall, comfortable drafting stool has been fantastic - I can keep my shoulders back even when I do sit!

Rapunzel - how adorable! So looking forward to seeing pictures! Are you going to dress up and take her around for trick-or-treating? Does Mark go with you or stay home and pass out candy? This year we are going to play that a friend of mine is in - he's playing a monster in Young Frankenstein. I may have mentioned this already (sorry!).

Heartymax,
Nice job on the 3.5! Glad you all had a good time at Fright Fest!

Caitlin,
I have one Christy Taylor step video and it's awesome that you can follow her. I just get confused on dancy stuff.

Congrats on the marathon, really sorry to hear that someone knocked you over! Hope he stopped to help you up! What kind of running shoes do you wear?

Stacie,
This is WONDERFUL news about Tyler! Congrats on his black belt, definitely! But also I'm so glad to hear that the teacher conference went SO well and that his teacher thinks frustration is the issue instead of ADD!

I hope you're feeling up to STS soon!

So glad to hear from you!

Toni,
'Sup, lady?! Is the fireplace finished?

mKay, I'm starving so I best get - very nutritious salad which includes spinach and mixed greens, carrots, red onion, an egg, some chicken, fresh cherry tomatoes from our garden, and half an avocado; olive oil/balsamic dressing. YUM!

I love the dancy stuff

I have a bunch of Christi Taylor DVD's, but they are older. I did not like her newer ones. I do want more HIIT. Today is Cathe's MMA Boxing, and Lower Body Blast. I still prefer Cathe.

Happy Hump Day my fellow "pushin' it" Ladies!
Last night's workout was great! I added weights to the body weight step-ups and my stretchy band door thingy was a great substitute for lat pull-downs. I'm thinking of getting a better system for the door, the one I have seems a bit limiting, but works for now ;)! I was sweating like crazy during the supersets! My DH helped me do the 45 degree hyper-extensions by holding my feet down while I used my stability ball (those babies REALLY got my glutes!!!). Tonight I'm doing Tabatacise (3 segments + Core#1). I plan on sticking with my plan for the next two weeks, but may change over to the rotation that Jennifer did so I can still use Cathe for some of the upper body :p:rolleyes:! I need to get a better feel for the lay of the land!

Jennifer, thank you so much for your input! You have been very helpful to me and I really appreciate it! That's a great idea with the 2 high steps! Smart Lady!!! What door/band system do you use? Like you, I've been eating pretty well for many years...but I'm always tweaking things up a bit as I learn more. I think I need to watch my protein intake a little better, though :eek:. It's amazing how the metabolism changes as we age! I think I'm working out A LOT MORE INTENSELY now at 51 than I did at 30 years old! Back then I did The Firm and used 10 pound weights for most of the large muscle exercises :eek:! (At least they weren't pink :p!)

Speaking of heavier weights....
TASHA!!!!!, wow you are getting strong! Are you using a mixed grip for your deadlifts? Are these off the ground? I saw that you updated your photo and are sporting some SERIOUS MUSCLE!!!! I received an email from Nia today about banded bridges that I still need to check out...Bret has a "hip thruster" piece of equipment that he designed that has attachment sites for bands...it looks like a nice addition to a home gym but it's $600!!!!! I'll have to check out Nia's set-up! When are you getting your squat rack???? What type are you getting? I wish someone made a small apartment friendly one!!!!

Caitlin, did you get any of Cathe's newest workouts? I really liked her X10 Double Low Impact HIIT premix. Do you like her metabolic type workouts like Afterburn, Supercuts, or Flextrain (my new favorite met workout ;))? I'm planning on doing one metabolic and one HIIT or Tabata workout per week and 4 days of weight training. I'm trying to lean out and develop a more "sinewy" physique. BTW, that was a great time for your marathon! Are you planning on doing another?

Tracie, have you started STS yet? Are you going to do the squat rack option?

Toni, hope you're still "cheer"ful!!!:D

HeartyMax, any closer to the magic 4 miles????

Okay, I'm going to eat some lunch and read some more of Bret's book :)

I have Party Rockin I

I love it, and I am soon getting Party Rockin II. I adore the HIIT CD. I know I overdid today with kickboxing, running and lower body blast. It seemed as if I worked out for four hours. Tomorrow will be much easier. My boyfriend Dirk passed away two and a half years ago, and he helped me out a great deal. I just looked at all of the new workouts, and X10 is out, as I am unwilling to do anything under 30 minutes for cardio. Great Glutes, maybe, and the kickboxing one when I get the money. By the way, I used to do double bench step and both steps were on an eight inch height, which means two steps cate corner or side by side, and jumping and dancing all around them. There were only five or six of us in the class, as hardly anybody could do that.

Last edited:
Happy Hump Day all!! Was a busy weekend. The first cheer competition was awesome. Jasmine's team came in 2nd place out of 5 teams :cool: That is a very good start for us!! They typically get better over the course of the year, so things should get better from there.

While we were gone we stayed at my uncles house. Jasmine and I had to share a bed. Somehow in the night Jasmine decided to use me as a pillow and was laying on my right shoulder. My shoulder was out of whack for a few days. Today was the first day I had full range of motion, but there is still the slightest bit of pain. I didn't workout on Monday because of it. Yesterday I did Pedal Power and today was XTrain All Out. I'm not sure what I will do tomorrow, but I will end the week with Great Glutes. I want to get my shoulder just a little more time so I can do the compound moves in GG.

Catilin
You can string together the X10 workouts for one long workout if you'd like. There are lots of premixes for that.

Nancy
You guys are all going to have me looking into Brets book!! I wonder if it's available in electronic format??? It's nice having it to carry around on my iPad.

Jennifer
Glad to see you back!! And glad you hear the back is doing better even though not 100%.

Tasha
95# deadlift :eek: Excellent work!! I'm looking forward to seeing where you end up with the program!! KB are still something that I haven't gotten into, but feel would be a great functional activity. I haven't wanted to send the money on it yet though. How many KBs do you have and what sizes do you have?

It's really nice to see everyone doing a variety of workouts and programs!! I haven't had time to do any research on different programs, so I'm definitely going to be stealing some of the stuff you guys have been doing. I do want to go review some of the Elliot You Tube vids that are out there. They seem like a good start.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.