Okay, What's the story behind your Cathe name?

Mine's not that hard to figure out either, but I came up with it years and years ago for my first AOL account(early 90s, before the internet). Jodi was of course taken, so I needed to add something to it. Putting two Jodis reminded me of Cary Grant saying "Judy Judy Judy". These days it's usually taken on most forums, but I was happily surprised that it was still available here when I registered.

Fun Thread

Well punka is my little girls nickname. I was in the hospital and heavily sedated and all i could get out was punka instead of pumkin! And i don't remember why i chose 274?

I am very tall (5'10") and when I was a kid, everyone would say "How's the weather up there?" Ha ha, very funny. Geez, I was so sick of that question. }(

So... I've always been the "weather girl." ;)

Mine is pretty self-evident as well. I've always been the girl who loved horses but never had the chance to ride. When I was in my early 30's I started riding and got my first horse at 35. I found that when I was exercising regularly (with Cathe of course), my riding greatly improved.

Now that I have brought my first horse home to the farm and we have expanded our horse herd and also have cattle, I find fitness important as well. It's much easier to throw around 50-pound bags of feed and hay bales when I'm in shape.

My picture is of Pete and I shortly after I got him.

Great thread--I'm enjoying all the stories! :D

Tammy

When my 20yr old DS was young, he was obsessed with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He would wear his turtle pj's & headband all the time and would run around with plastic numchucks pretending to be another TMNT. My friends started calling me "that Ninja's mom" and it just stuck with me all these years:)

BTW..DS is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do so he never outgrew his love of martial arts. DH & DD are also black belts and I'm still a brown with double black stripe cuz I tore my rotator cuff 10 days before the examx( It is still my goal and I'm not going to give up yet!

JJ

I use this name for everything -- just to keep it straight. Pep stands for my cat Pepper -- he's now 12 years old and going strong. Char is my name -- for Charlene. :)

Charlene

I'll say it again- what a fun thread!! :D

Mine is boring, too. I can remember registering and feeling very uncreative, so I went with something simple. My name is Connie and my birthday day and month are the 12th.

eaglobo=

The 'eag' represents my favorite NFL team, the Philadelphia Eagles.

The 'lobo' is my nickname that some friends bestowed upon me a few years back, it's a play on my last name. which is spelled Loewe, but pronounced "Low"

It's much easier to type eaglobo, than it is "Philadelphiaeaglesmynicknameislobo", that could get pretty bothersome after a while...:7

Mine came about because I am a big day dreamer and a weird night time dreamer. Jeanie is what my family called me when I was little. So I just put them together. I wish it was because I had a hot dreamy body(maybe someday, LOL)

Jean

I love Jimmy Buffett's music and wanted to be buff. My DD suggested I become buffettgirl. It has nothing to do with all you can eat restuarants, as some people think.

I love step aerobics, and, um, well....I'm crazy. ;)

No, seriously, though I am obsessed with being "airborn". I can get some serious height off my step and off the floor when I'm working out and people are always telling me that I'm a "crazy stepper". So there ya go. :D

ETA: Great thread, TeTe!!!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Actually my screen name is kind of sappy. It's my DH's last name and the year that we met. Jeez, I didn't think that I was so sentimental.

Fun thread. More than a few years ago I had an email account with philosophers.net (remember that Amy??) and I was [email protected]. I thought Apple would be a cute name (this was before Gweneth Paltrow had her little Apple). When that site closed I opened up a new account. At that point I had a pixie haircut so I became pixie9. 9 is my lucky number. Of course Amy had to point out that my name rhymes with another number that isn't so family oriented (IF you catch my meaning). :p

Carolyn

What a fun thread, it is fun reading everyone's responses. Mine is also my e-mail address and I picked it because I wanted something that represents my love for God and His work within my soul.

The Spirit of God beautifies our soul, transforming us from darkness to light as we join ourselves unto Him by the use of the tools and He is able to effect His divine work within us.

"Of course Amy had to point out that my name rhymes with another number that isn't so family oriented"

OMG!!! I can't believe I hadn't noticed that before! LMAO!!!:7

This is a fun thread...Actually I chose mine for sentimental value as well. My grandpa (abuelo :)) gave me the nickname Chachi when I was a baby. The name just stuck with my father's side of the family. Nobody really calls me that anymore though. My abuelo was the best man I've ever known so I've never really let go of the nickname. It brings back so many special childhood memories when I spent the summers at my grandparents house in Miami :)

Chastity

http://www.picturetrail.com:80/chastgirl0205

B is short for my name Bianca. I must have been in one of those moods the day I registered... :)

Mine's the initials and birthdate of our son who died from Edward's Syndrome. My little memorial. Kim

BitMover is the company my DH (and I) started, and I knew it would be a unique name. But, I sort of also picked it because I used to have a license plate BITMVR, and at least a couple of people read it as "buttmover" and wondered if I taught aerobics or something, so it seemed appropriate.

moving butts, er, bits,

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.