Not judging, just curious

You get the point though. Most know how Aids began and it wasn't from little girls sharing lollipops.

From what I understand it began with chimps in Africa. So no, not little girls sharing lollipops.

When you condemn the people with AIDS, try not to forget the children who get it. I personally think anyone with AIDS should be helped, but no one can deny that the children deserve help and a cure, if it can be found.

I'm not condemning anyone. This is not about the innocent ones involved. I am condemning the unnatural sexual act itself in which can cause Aids. Look at how many male homosexuals have died from Aids.

I'm not condemning anyone. This is not about the innocent ones involved. I am condemning the unnatural sexual act itself in which can cause Aids. Look at how many male homosexuals have died from Aids.
Anal sex did not and does not cause HIV. It is not a biblical scourge, and you are every bit at risk for contracting the disease as any gay man. HIV would have reached our shores one way or another, and that a homosexual man is currently thought to be the first carrier (to our country, not the first human infected) means nothing.

Please read up on this subject for your own education and safety.

You get the point though. Most know how Aids began and it wasn't from little girls sharing lollipops.

The Origin of AIDS and HIV
Lots of details can be found here, if you are so inclined to read it: http://www.avert.org/origins.htm

Lainie is correct about the origin being chimpanzees, and the virus crossed species from chimps to human (most likely through the hunting of chimps and consumption of the meat).

Several studies have dated the origin of strains of the HIV virus as far back as the late 1800's/early 1900's. Viruses are complex and tricky things, so to infer that AIDS is a gay thing, is ignorant at best.

Has anyone here seen the movie "And The Band Played On" Very informative movie about the AIDs epidemic. A tear jerker too.

Anal sex did not and does not cause HIV. It is not a biblical scourge, and you are every bit at risk for contracting the disease as any gay man. HIV would have reached our shores one way or another, and that a homosexual man is currently thought to be the first carrier (to our country, not the first human infected) means nothing.

Please read up on this subject for your own education and safety.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this information. So many ignorant and uneducated individuals blame homosexuality for AIDS. What hetero's or homo's do behind closed doors is their business and just because they partake in sexual practices/behaviors that we would not does not make it unnatural. Homosexuality goes back centuries, heck even the Romans practiced it. Pedophiles, drug dealers, rapists, people who hurt others, they should be condemned. I am still young enough to have the hope that one day we as a country will look back on this oppression of gay rights and be utterly ashamed and appalled at this ignorance much like the oppression of civil rights for African Americans not so long ago.
booboo39

I believe the ancient Greeks were big fans of anal sex too. I'm sure they weren't the first.

Gayle's link is very cool, especially the history section. I don't keep up with HIV, so I had no idea that an American was found to have HIV in his/her tissue back in 1969. I'm not surprised though, and it makes you think, eh? I wonder if any of us will have natural immunity.

As ugly as the disease is, scientifically it's really interesting.

I totally support gay and lesbians gettin' married or live together w/benefits. It doesn't bother me how I live and pay my bills. As I learned in Seminary, we bless our cars and homes but not 2 people who(m) are the same sex. Materialistic vs humanity. I guess our materialistic blessings our way our sense of justice and mercy of humanity.

Lots of details can be found here, if you are so inclined to read it: http://www.avert.org/origins.htm

Lainie is correct about the origin being chimpanzees, and the virus crossed species from chimps to human (most likely through the hunting of chimps and consumption of the meat).

Several studies have dated the origin of strains of the HIV virus as far back as the late 1800's/early 1900's. Viruses are complex and tricky things, so to infer that AIDS is a gay thing, is ignorant at best.

I think Alternet had an article this week on AIDS. I have to find it and post if I can.

Whenever I hear that God visited the AIDS virus on homosexual men because they live in sin, I have to think that lesbians must be the most blessed people on earth as they are the least affected group.

We (my dd and I) just finished up her school's abstinence education class. The statistics numbers shocked me. According to the most recent report, HPV, not hiv or aids is most epidemic STD. They are not just from gay or lesbian. It's from hetrosexal people, too.

http://hpv.emedtv.com/hpv/hpv-statistics.html

Here is what caused HPV:

http://hpv.emedtv.com/hpv/causes-of-hpv.html

Try to blame all bad things to homo people based on hersay has no scientific evidence and those heresay should not be used as judgement.

All I want to say

As the sister of a gay man, and cousin to a gay woman I will ask all of you with any love in your heart: do you think that given that my brother has been chased and beaten walking down the street with his other gay friends, that he has been ridiculed by doctors when getting tested for AIDs, given that my cousin and her partner do NOT have the same rights as civil partners in this state and fear the day that one of them falls deathly ill in a hospital, do you REALLY REALLY think either of them made the "choice" to be gay?

It breaks my heart to see some of these comments, especially those espousing one religion over all others as THE answer. Some people on this forum are Jewish and do not believe in Jesus. Are they doomed to hell? Then I am going to that place with my Jewish husband, my gay brother and my lesbian cousin. Becuase they are good and decent and righteous and I choose to walk with them.

I will say what my dearly departed, Christian mother said when she started a support group for Christian parents of gays. She said, "My God is a loving God who makes no exceptions, and welcomes all who would wish to worship him."

Lead with love people. Nobody has all the answers. But all of us can choose love.

Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.