My scale is a moron

The only scale I like is my MIL's gagillion year old scale...It says I weigh 10#less than I know I do... I love that scale:D
Rachel

My digital scale gives me a different reading 3 times I step on the scale. That rotten, no good, so and so, will probably give the right number with a plate. :mad:
I'm telling you, my scale is a pathological liar!

That's not so bad - go with the lowest number and call it a day. :D

LMAO! ....
If you want to test your scale's accuracy, just put a 10 lb plate or DB on it. If it weighs 15 lbs you know the scale is off. ;)

I did that, and mine was like 10.2 also, but then I would put it on again and it would be 10.3 or 10.1 :mad:

I know, I just need to throw the (*#&$^ thing out the window :eek:

It really has everything to do with HOW you step on it ;).

So, DH bought a digital because my spring one has little numbers. The digital weighs me 2 lbs heavier...so I still have my old one and get this...feel like I HAVE to lose that 2 lbs...is that crazy or WHAT :confused::confused:

It´s not like there really are 2 extra lbs on me...just one scale telling me that. Oh yea, there really is no logic to how we (I:eek:) react to scales.

scale

How about it telling you that you lost 3 lbs RIGHT before your period, than after the period, you're back to where you were to begin with. UGH!

I mean, c'mon, my jeans are definately looser, I was down 2 pounds, today I get on the scale and it goes "duh" you've gained it all back. I know, I need to go by how my clothes fit, but I like having a double-check (like my GoWearFit!) to make sure I'mnot deluding myself.

I have a digital scale, and it first registered one weight then flicked to a higher one :mad: Can anyone recommend a good, reliable scale? It doesn't have to be digital, it just has to be accurate!

It really has everything to do with HOW you step on it ;).

Absolutely!! Try this:

362397793.jpg

(Photo borrowed from dbelden1- Dani :))

This is so funny...a gym I work out at has a doctor' scale right in the weight room....guess who without fail walks up and weighs themselves? THE MEN ONLY!!!:p:DNaturally...they could care less...

As some of you may know..........

I actually have run over my scale with my car, right in the driveway!!!

Isn't that was SUV's were made for????

ellie

Judi, I saved that picture as my desktop background for the week. That's hilarious.

Ellie, I wonder if your neighbors were watching. And if so, what were they thinking? :D

(I've never backed over my scale, but I have backed over my snow blower.)

Personally, I find old fashioned scales are still the most accurate. Digital scales can vary too much, & you know, the more technology the more possibilty of malfunction. Double-beam scales that you see at gyms & dr. offices are frequently inaccurate too, b/c they're supposed to be calibrated at least once a year & almost never are.

Y'all are hilarious!! :D

Laura, I am curious about the double beam scales being calibrated. I thought they were always accurate because those little weights don't change do they?

I weigh myself rarely, but when I do weigh I use my old numbered scale. I have calibrated it with my doctor's office double beam scale. I go to the doctor and weigh, and then come directly home and weigh on my scale and set it to match.

Christine, I wish I could live with the lower number, but the larger numbers haunt me all day:mad:

Judi, I love that picture!!!:D

Ellie, smart woman;)
The only thing I've ever backed over with my car is my DS skateboard. Blew my back tire out.:eek: I ran into the side of the garage door too. It's my DH's fault for not giving me enough room in the garage:D:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.