My scale is a moron

Govtgirl

Cathlete
I mean, c'mon, my jeans are definately looser, I was down 2 pounds, today I get on the scale and it goes "duh" you've gained it all back. I know, I need to go by how my clothes fit, but I like having a double-check (like my GoWearFit!) to make sure I'mnot deluding myself.

I have a digital scale, and it first registered one weight then flicked to a higher one :mad: Can anyone recommend a good, reliable scale? It doesn't have to be digital, it just has to be accurate!

OMG, don't get me started on scales. I'm ready to throw mine out the window! :p

For 2 weeks I saw slow but steady weight loss, now this week (week #3) I am up up up. UGH. I know the number doesn't mean everything but it still ticks me off. :mad: Hopefully next week will bring better results.

just had to laugh at the title of the thread. i usually cuss the scale or give it the finger :eek: which doesn't look good sometimes in the locker room LOL. i am usually bloated and up nearly 5lb after a workout depsite drinking water in between sets at the gym. last night i didn't do anything(wasn't feeling well so just took viola to swim) and it said i only went down 2lbs but i was feeling better about my abs. i guess its human nature, we know in our heads the numbers on the scale don't matter but we still go through all this LOL.

kassia

I have a digital scale, and it first registered one weight then flicked to a higher one :mad: Can anyone recommend a good, reliable scale? It doesn't have to be digital, it just has to be accurate!

I hate my digital scale!
Just take your scale and back over it with your car- TWICE. :pAll scales LIE.
I don't trust my scale anymore. We have a very unhealthy relationship:mad:

Well, with the exception of working to GAIN MUSCLE, the scale going up is not a good sign so it certainly does matter to a point....Unfortunately for us!:p

My scale is an a**hat. I hate him, generally. I read / lurk on a female bodybuilding website and one woman has this quote in her signature: "The only weight you should be concerned with is the one you're lifting." Yeah, logically that might be true, but I'm not logical where weight is concerned. :p

I have a love/hate relationship with my scale. The good news is it keeps me accountable. When it goes up, it tells me "stop eating you idiot and drink more water". Then when it goes down, it says, "See I told you so". Ok maybe it doesn't really talk (I'd be afraid of what it would say), but it does make me focus on what I need to do for that day.

Jean

LMAO! You guys are so mean to your scales! :D

Personally, I find old fashioned scales are still the most accurate. Digital scales can vary too much, & you know, the more technology the more possibilty of malfunction. Double-beam scales that you see at gyms & dr. offices are frequently inaccurate too, b/c they're supposed to be calibrated at least once a year & almost never are.

If you want to test your scale's accuracy, just put a 10 lb plate or DB on it. If it weighs 15 lbs you know the scale is off. ;)

If you want to test your scale's accuracy, just put a 10 lb plate or DB on it. If it weighs 15 lbs you know the scale is off. ;)

I can NOT believe I didn't think of that!!!! I can NOT believe it!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
OMG feel free to call me an idiot.

ellie

My digital scale gives me a different reading 3 times I step on the scale. That rotten, no good, so and so, will probably give the right number with a plate. :mad:
I'm telling you, my scale is a pathological liar!

OK this is the funniest thread I've read in a long time. You guys know next time I get on the scale, I'll be seeing horns & a pitchfork on it, don't you? :D Thanks a bunch.

Have you noticed - our digital scales are MALE.
(don't get me wrong - I love men, but the blasted scale has a different story time and again!!)

Some how this makes sense, my tape measure is female - she always tells the truth!:p

Janis

FWIW - I weighed a 10 pound plate and my guy said it was 10.2#

I don't know about you but 1/10th of a pound has the potential to ruin my day!
;)

Personally, I find old fashioned scales are still the most accurate. Digital scales can vary too much, & you know, the more technology the more possibilty of malfunction. Double-beam scales that you see at gyms & dr. offices are frequently inaccurate too, b/c they're supposed to be calibrated at least once a year & almost never are.

I agree. I use my $5 old fashioned scale from Walgreens. That thing is more accurate than my $30 digital scale. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.