Lurkers Invitation 2010

Eunice Oh my gosh, those 180 degree squat jumps are killers! And she doesn't give you any break - just jumps right into them :confused:

Smurfette Cheryl The pictures are great! I love you doing the ski jump. What a fantastic experience!

Well I started writing this yesterday and then never posted it. Janie I hope that you had some warm weather and got out and enjoyed it. I didn't get a bike ride in yesterday despite great plans. I was packing my bike in the the and going to go for a bike ride during the soccer game. Unfortunately, my bike had a flat tire and the adapter for filling my tires was nowhere to be found. :mad: There was a nice park right beside the soccer fields so I went for a walk while I was waiting for the game to begin. Since I couldn't take the bike I was able to take the convertible to the game so got a nice top down ride in.

This morning I started my ground hog week repeat of last week. I decided to mix it up a little and do 40/20 instead of 30/30. It was a killer. Then I did weights and plates abs. Ouch!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Pam

Nice weekend you had Pam.. ride in your convertible, go for a walk,mmmm sounds so nice... for me was only been home, Sunday I did nothing I will finish today the last disc of meso 2 and then take a kind of brack... not really I will do some other stuff, I'm stubborn so probably I will do a day of shoulders and biceps some time this week, I know Janie say "don't touch the weights during the recovery week but maybe only one day won't hurt.... my problem are my shoulders, they are like me, stubborn so let see what happen..
Cheryl nice pictures I can believe that you are all ready back to work!! You rock.

Janie how was your weekend? did you got some nice weather? we didn't we got rain and more rain, but I guess that's OK we hardly get any in the dessert.

Pam you rock 40/20 not an easy one, abs, good job... awesome job.. sure you are getting ready for that vacation.. don't forget to take lots of pictures.
I"ll be back later to report.. Happy Monday..

STS Disc 34 Chest & Back. Love the upper body workouts.:D

Cheryl, Yoga is so good for your body. Great job. Is it snowing your way yet?

Your pictures are wonderful. It's the next best thing to being in Canada at the Olympics. :D Thank you so much.

Pam, Awe, that's to bad that you weren't able to go for a bike ride. But at least you got a walk in instead. How was the soccer game?

Great workout. I'll be doing those workouts in just a little over a week. Just have to finish this rotation first.

Eunice, Only you know your body more than anyone else, and if you think you can take a weight workout during your active recovery week, then you must. ;)

This weekend was rain and sunshine for us as. March is like that though, it can't figure out what it wants to do, sunshine, hail, rain or wind.LOL:D March does come in like a lion her in the Pac. NW.

Have a great day to ya.

Have a great day everyone else too. Pinkquinn, Diane15, Elle, Kay, Gabriella, Diane06 and Sandra.

Janie

did disc 24 oh men that was tough. I check the weight that i was suppose to use in today workout 80% I had to go heavy then the last 2 weeks so in the first set of pullovers I was breaking on sweat, my HR was high but I was feeling pretty good my biceps and back are talking to me. Over all I did good I was checking my self in the mirror and oh boy I think my hard work is paying of.. I look good;) not as much as I will like to but work is in progress, love, love, love meso2 week 4, I will take it slow this week, work abs, and cardio,one day shoulders or not will see how the body is feeling. Janie, you right all depends an how my body feel.

This week I want to clean my closed and have a garage sale, all those pants size 2 need to go away.. make some money and get some new ones;):D

Have a good day everyone..

Hello Ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well... from what I have been reading, it seems like it! Sorry for not being "around", I seem to have less hours than I need to get half of what I need to get done these days. Anyway, it'll get better, I hope!

I have been doing my workouts though, although I have skipped a few cardios, but in that case, I do cardio on weight days.

I got the Versa Grips, and can't get to do anything for me either, I had to take them off earlier doing deadlifts... I got the Insanity workouts too!

So Saturday I did the Insanity Pure Cardio, then disc 23 legs.
Yesterday, I drank some wine (just a little) sat on the deck. I was tired for some reason. I rarely go to bed after midnight, but when I do, I really feel it the next day!
I just finished Step Moves and Disc 24 - Back and biceps. I still struggle with the grip for deadlifts, but I'm now up to 92 pounds... my back is fine, my fingers can't hold the thing for very long, I have to rush the sets, frustrating, especially since I thought my nearly 60 dollars investments on Versa Grips was going to help solve this problem.

Other than that, I am still stuck at 136 pounds, and I'm getting frustrated as I am very good with my clean eating and portion control. That last 10 pounds sticks to me with all it's got!

Have to go put Tristan to bed and finish reading Around the World in Eighty Days. Sorry, this whole message is all me me me, but I'll come back to read everything I have missed in the last week!

Take care everyone!

Sandra

Janie The soccer game was good - they dominated the whole game but only ended up winning 1-0. It was close to being a 0-0 tie after they had the ball 90% of the time so we were happy to get a score!

How are you liking your rotation? Are you still seeing the results that you wanted?

Eunice Nice job on the back and biceps today. I always feel like I'm cheating a little when I do that one since I don't have a chin-up/pull up bar. Glad to hear you are looking good you hot mama! You will be rocking it at the road show!

Sandra Welcome back, good to hear from you again! We lost you and Elle and Diane all about the same time :(

You are so good to do your cardio on your weight days! I have been trying to throw in a short cardio on the days that I have enough time, but that is tough during the week.

I drank too much wine on Saturday night so I was glad that Sunday was a rest day :eek: 92 pounds on deadlifts - WOW :eek: I am up to 85 pounds, but like you I rush the sets because it is so hard to hang on. I'm going to try again with the versa grips, but also try Eunice's husbands tip on the grip. I hope it helps! Hang in there - maybe the insanity workouts will help with those stubborn last 10 pounds!

Good night all!
Pam

Well this morning was 30/30 and med ball abs, and then I walked to my commuter train to take me to work. That walk is about 20 - 25 minutes. I try to do it every morning but there are some mornings where it just isn't happening.

pgeiger Well at least you could go for a walk instead. Don't you hate it when you plan to do something and it doesn't work out....
Well at least you got to put the top down on your convertible.
40/20 is a tough workout. I have only done that one once so far. This morning I did 30/30 it was an easier one to get back on track with.

Janie I need to do more Yoga and stretching. I am not as flexible as I once was. It didn't snow down by us but the mountains got a bit. It will help to have fresh snow when the paralympics start on Friday. It sounds like you had the same weather as us. Saturday was nice and warm and Sunday it rained like mad. Today was cold in the morning, we haven't had much cold weather for a few months. And I thought I could pack up the sweaters....:)

Eunice Good work on disc 24. I will start Meso 2 tomorrow with disk 13. I hope you make some money at your garage sale. I just took a bunch of clothes into a consignment store. I will see how much money I made in June.

Sandra I know what you mean by having less hours to get what you need done. Don't you wish you would win the lottery and could get people to do things for you, then you could do whatever you wanted. Oh well we can dream can't we. :D
Your comment about being stuck at 136 pounds could have been written by me. I hear ya on that last 10 pounds hanging on with all it's got.

Have a good Tuesday.

Cheryl

Did STS Disc 35 Plyo Legs. Will do Insanity Cardio Recovery tonight.

Eunice, Great job on disc 24. I know it is tough, you did good! Isn't it great to see results. Congratulations!

Hope you make lots of money at your garage sale. Let us know how it goes.

Sandra, I know how it goes when time is short. It's always nice to hear from you. It's hard for me to do cardio and weight training in the same day, even if I spread it out and do one in the morning and the other at night. Sounds like you are doing very well. Congratulations on Getting Insanity.

The Versa Gripps are really cool, they make lifting much easier. Try to look at the video on their site. It is very suttle when used, but effective. If you are lifting heavier, that's a good thing. You will get the gist of using the versa gripps. Just keep trying, and don't give up. I don't know how to tell you how to use them.:(

If you are not losing weight, it could be that you have gained muscle. I bet that is what's going on. Using Insanity should help with your plateau, if it isn't muscle.

Are you lifting 92 pounds on dead lifts?

Pam, Oh yes, I'm seeing results all good with my rotation. Losing extra fat pounds, gaining muscle. But, it is a very hard rotation, not for beginners at all. I do modify though, a lot. I don't always do two workout during the day, and when I do, it's split up. One in the morning and the other at night. I really don't like doing it very often. Thank goodness it isn't very often! LOL:)

OMG! 85 pounds on deadlifts? You are super woman. Congratulations! that is some accomplishment.

Cheryl, Good job on your workouts. Your walk of 20-25 min. will add to your burning calories. That is so cool:cool:.

Well, take care everyone, you all are doing great. Have a great day.

Janie

Cheryl 30/30 is a *little* easier to get back on track with, but it's still pretty tough! Those ab circuits are all pretty tough too! The walk to the train is nice, even if you don't get to do it every day.

The funny thing about Sunday was that I was doing soccer duty so my husband could play golf, but at least I was going to get my bike ride in. Well, guess who was the one who lost the adapter? :rolleyes: He scoured every inch of that garage looking for it too. Needless to say I went out and bought two of those suckers that afternoon!

Are you working at the paralympics too? I like the winning the lottery idea! Maybe we should all chip in on a ticket! ;)

Janie Disc 35 and an Insanity workout - wow! I try to do a cardio work on my weight days whenever I can, but on leg days NO WAY! :eek: That is amazing!

I am going to check out the versa gripps video. Hopefully that will help me figure out the right way to use them. I felt like they were just getting in my way and making it harder!

Congratulations on your results! :D I like the sound of your rotation, but it seems like you are often doing 2 workouts in one day and I don't usually have time for that. I get up and do my workouts in the morning before work since I rarely have time in the evening, other than maybe doing 15 minutes of abs.
Thanks for your words of encouragement!

I did disc 22 again this morning. I like the upper body days, they are so much easier for me! Eunice, I was thinking about your 55 pound bench presses when I was doing my measly 35 and looking at Cathe with that giant barbell! Ay yi yi, I need to get busy! :p
Keep up the good work ladies. Elle, Diane06, Kay, Gabriella Hope to hear from you!

Hey ladies, how are you guys doing? This week it suppose to be recovery week, after I finished the last disc of meso 2,:D sore, sore, sore, even sleeping on my back was hard :confused::confused: Today my baby girl was gonna have a field trip but the weather is a little crazy, windy and its been like that since last night,its blowing so hard and it suppose to get even worse 60 miles strong, I'm glad I have been working out so I can still still and no wind can knock me over hahaha:eek::p so after I got back home I did IMAX who that hell invent the IMAX?! ups sorry that was Cathe and I love Cathe so I forgive her just because.. but I also did stretch 3 I really needed it, it felt so good after that so I'm thinking that tomorrow I will do stretch and another cardio:cool:

Sandra so nice to heard from you, we missed you here but I know when we don't have time its so hard to keep up with everything we have to do, but glad that you have been working out that should make you feel better. How did you like Insanity? there crazy don't they. you are doing pretty good that's for sure those workout are not easy ones but you doing them, you must be proud of your self, like Cathe say, give your self a big ((hug)) your doing awesome, 92# wowow, I did 65# i felt pretty good but certainly a long way to go to caught up with you;)

How tall are you? I don't think you should worry too too much about your weight(looks who's talking the person who's been complaining about her own weight ) I just repeat what my DH say you look good! muscle is heavier than fat, muscle help burn fat. I'm 5'4 @132 have about you?!

Pgeiger thanks for the "hot mama,oh believe me on that RT you get to see all kind of muscular,ripe ladies, all I want to do is hide from them:p but I'm working on it... oh man too much wine on Saturday:confused: I haven't have a drink in a while I think that that's going to mess with all my hard work, but again I allow my self once in a while just to have fun with my DH.:eek: I don't want him along on that party that would be not nice at all.

Thumper so 30/30 was an easy one for you?! that's a workout abs, walk for 20-25 min you rock Miss Cheryl, we don't have that kind of store i wish we do. I like that idea about winning the lottery too.

Janie you right about your rotation that is not for beginners, plyo legs:confused: equal SORE Cardio recovery from Insanity:confused: sore again, good job, did you took pictures before you start you rotation? I never do and I always regreted... I remember once I did fitness freak rotation, that was crazy doing 2 different dvd's some times double, example legs from 4DS and then do butts&gutts oh man :confused: but I did liked.. Congrats about your good results that sound pretty exciting, your going to turn heads on that Cruise;)

Pam you sound unhappy about the adapter I know what you feel... last Sunday my DH used the car to go to the gym, the next morning I took him to work just right on time,(when I know I'm going to need gas I like to leave early) he did not fill with gas so, who was late on Monday to take the girls to school, yes me! and if I say something, "why are you yelling at me" oh man so grumpy some times:mad:
Funny Pam I was thinking if I can do 30 one arm row(pull) that means that for bench press I can do 60(push) But I need the barbell rack, and of course my DH is waiting for me to say something, he want to get one that is over $1000 bucks no way hes going to have to wait and so do I.:( but I will need to get busy too with deadlifts Sandra 92# You Pam 85# no wonder why your forearms are tired haha.:p

Well this crazy wind messed with my beauty sleep, I wish I can go back to bed and take a nap, probably I should.. Have a nice day ladies and I'll se you later...

Cheryl, It's a rotation I've created and need to finish. Someone asked if a person could create a rotation with Insanity, Cathe and BBL. I took on the challenge. But now, I have to do it myself so I can give a review.

In order to get all 3 different workouts in, I had to sometimes put 2 routines in there. Yes, you are right about today. I used my legs twice today, way beyond what I should have done. Insane, yes! However (since a person wouldn't normally do that consistently), it does confuse the body, which makes for a fantastic workout. You do have to be very careful, because I started having DOM's and had to really concentrate on these workouts. Also there is a lot of stretching so that helped as well. And again, I modified and gave it my all. The second workout was one of the hardest workouts ever. WHEW!

I can't wait for the end of this rotation so I can get on with what I really like to do. However, I believe I have a tighter bum bum, lost weight and I'm stronger. Harder? Not Yet, but getting there. If I was in better shape going into the rotation, I would be harder though.

Hope you figure out the versa gripps, once you do, you will think how easy that is. You just have to let them do the job and not you. Hope that makes sense. There is air about 1/16" around the versa gripps and your skin. You can feel them taking over the weight, yet you are not using your wrists or forearms the gripps are doing that part for you. Don't fight them. Hope that helps.

I do better with upper body workout too. You did good on disc 22. High Five!

Eunice, Great job on IMAX. It's very challenging for sure. I'm really glad to see you stretch after such a hard workout.

I didn't take before pictures. It just is the way it is. Don't even want to go there.:confused: I think I looked like a slob when I started exercising again. I can see a big difference, but I still have a long way to go. I do. I'll get there, it doesn't work fast working hard and trying to lose weight. I have to be patient. A good year from now, I'll look back and bust my buttons, hopefully.LOL

FitnessFreak gave me a rotation once, just for me. She knows her stuff, and it was hard. I learned a lot from her. She is queen of rotations!:D

Not sure if a 58 year old person (soon to be 59) will have anyone look twice at me. That's OK. I'm there to have a great time and feel good about myself. Oh, guess what? They have a gym there. I'm taking my laptop with me and will be able to play workouts. Isn't that cool:cool:? Can you just see me working out with Cathe from my laptop? Hope I can see everything enough to do a workout with the small screen. I'll let you know how it goes.LOL:D

Have a nice evening everyone, see you all tomorrow.

Janie

Eunice Wow, your wind sounds wild!It is a good thing that you are so strong and don't get knocked over :p I did IMAX this morning! I LOVE that workout. Well actually I HATE parts of it, but overall I love it. You know how that love/hate relationship can be with these workouts. Now I'm thinking of changing my plans a little. Since we are going to be home on Tuesday next week I could start meso 3 on Wednesday and only be 2 days behind instead of a whole week. Of course the fact that tomorrow would be disc 23 LEGS might be what made me start thinking that way. I could have my recovery week be Wednesday-Wednesday since I did cardo today. Hmmmmm...still thinking about it.

Oh boy, I saw some of the pictures from the roadtrips and there are really some ripped women there. :eek: But you look great too so you have no reason to hide from them!

I think I should be able to do more weight on my bench presses. I am using 25 pound dumbbells for flies and I should be stronger on presses than flies shouldn't I? :confused: I'm wondering if I messed up my 1RM caluclation on that one so I may try heavier next time. I don't have a rack though, so I need to be careful about the weight that I use. Over $1000 for a rack?? Holy cow :eek: that is a lot!

Janie How can you beat a tighter bum, losing weight and being stronger! One of these days when I have all of those workouts I'll have to try that rotation!
I have noticed some of fitnessFreaks rotations, they look good but tough! You will have to let us know how that working out from your laptop on the cruise goes. I haven't done any of the Cathe downloads yet, but I'm thinking I'll do that to fill in the workouts that I need for the March rotation.

I was poking around on the open discussion forum last night and HOLY COW, there is some big drama happening over there :confused: It was kind've surprising to see....I like it here in our littler lurker land where everyone is so nice and friendly! :D I can't understand what the heck is going on there!
My workout this morning was Imax and med ball abs. It was good, but that Imax is still no walk in the park. :confused: I read on one of the forums where someone said how easy Imax 3 was after doing the Hiits....hmmmm....Imax is still pretty hard for me! In any case, have a wonderful day ladies! TTYL!

Pam

Did BBL Cardio Axe today. Tonight will do Insanity Cardio Abs. Looking forward to that.

Pam
, I have a Marcy Smith Machine with 285#'s of weight that came with it. Joey and I got it form Sam's Club for around $500.00+ but not more than $600.00, a few years ago. I still see it advertised for such a low price. Some don't have weight that comes with, so if you are interested make sure the weight does go with it. This is an amazing machine. You do so many many exercises on it. It is big and takes up about half of one of our small bedrooms. It has a rack built in it and a spotter. Joey and I use this a lot because sometimes we just can't lift over our heads with so much weight on our own, so we go into our room and lift there with the Smith Machine. Fantastic piece of equipment. The one advertised below does not have weight . A little more research on the web and you'll find the one selling with weight. I just chose this one because I wanted you see it.

Marcy Smith Machine with Multipurpose Bench

Overview - Compare prices
base_media

$350 new from 12 sellers
This Smith machine and multipurpose bench fit a variety of exercise regiments. The comfortably padded multipurpose bench with dual function leg developer adjusts for incline, decline, flat and military press exercises. The Smith bar with rotating and adjustable bar catches acts as a spotter for lifting weights. Store Olympic weight plates on the machine's attached storage posts or move the bench with the handle and transport wheels.

I'm not sure how Cathe's downloads work. Can you use them on a computer? TV? I know you can hear them with an IPod...hmmmm. Sometimes I'm technologically challenged on this one. :confused:

Oh the drama on the OD! I got caught up in it too. I love it here where it's nice to be welcomed. I have to admit though, it's not always that way. These ladies are mostly really nice and would do anything to help you out with their knowledge. Every now and then, discussions do get hot, and then you might opt not to go there.LOL I found myself in the way there yesterday.

An IMAX workout. That one is tough. Good job and with the abs.

Janie

Last edited:
Sorry ladies, I can feel this is going to be a long one... I've been "thinking" a lot I guess lately and all of you seem to be the ones who can relate the most with a lot of it!

First, I'll get the workouts out of the way! Yesterday I did HiiT 40/20 followed by HiiT 30/30, and it was pretty good. I'm pretty proud of myself since I managed to do every single repetition Cathe and the others do, except for the Butt Kicks and the Running Man - But I think the fact that I am using a 14 inch step instead of 12 inch like them might have something to do with it (DH (that means husband, right??? - otherwise I'll have to reread a lot of this forum in a different way!!) made me a step out of wood, an 8 inch + a 6 inch that I can lock one on top of the other, so no choice for 12 inch...) There are a few intervals I absolutely dread - the Running Man, both sides!, the 180 turn squats, the tuck jumps, and I can't say I enjoy the second run of jump, turn, and tucks... So I did the warm up of 40/20, the 40/20 intervals, walked around for 5 minutes, did the 30/30 intervals and the 30/30 stretch. It was good.

Today I did Athletic Step and boy was it a workout! It was the 5th time I was doing it, and it was probably the hardest... which makes me wonder about all those people who complained at the beginning when the series was released how the step workouts were too easy. It was harder today because I did it on an 8 inch step, because I know the routine really well and don't have to think about it, because I made sure I did all the knees up high intensity... This and any other workout can be as easy or as hard as you make it, don't you think???
You just need to look at some of the guys in the STS strength workouts to see that, one in particular makes me laugh every time when he does the exercises with his little 10 pound dumbbell and you see Cathe, Cede, Lorraine... with 25, 30, 40...

I am turning 40 today, and am soooooo excited about it. It feels great to start a new decade... In my 30s I've build my marriage, had my son, built my career, built several houses!!! My forties are going to be to fulfill myself accompanied by my husband and my son.

My birthday was kind of my goal day to see how I was doing... so here it goes, I lay it all out!

Since the beginning of the year, according to the workout manager, I have done 66 workouts, burned 21,749 calories, have completed 2 mesocycles (yeah!!!), I have lost 6 pounds, and my numbers are today :
136.6 pounds, 26.9% body fat, 4.4 pounds of bones!, 52.1% water, and 37.1% muscles. I'm 5'4.5, I'm hanging on to that half inch!
My goals are pretty much 125 pounds, and 20% body fat... Saying all that to you right now gives me a bit of a challenge, I'll let you know when I am going to reach it, because I will! and I should add some fitness ones, but don't exactly know which ones yet.

In my forties, I would also like to study in health, nutrition and fitness and get some kind of certification, I will do my best to finish and publish the 4 books I have on the go, and I will carry on learning German, Italian and piano! As I said, very exciting!

Pretty much, I think you are the person you let yourself become. I have a friend who just turned 50, he is really overweight, has arthritis and several other problems, and I firmly believe he doesn't have to be that way, he just chose to.

Cheryl Yes, I wish I won the lottery, just enough to get a cleaner at my house once a week, maybe 50,000 more to pave the drive and put the pool, oh, and maybe.... LOL. OK, maybe I need to win the lottery after all! In fact, I might have won the lottery one day and I don't know since I never check the numbers!!!

Pam I think it's necessary for mental health to drink too much sometimes. The bad thing is that the next day is getting harder and harder to get through! It was nothing in my twenties!

I feel like the Versa Gripps are in my way more than anything too. I got the Fit kind, maybe it wasn't the right kind. But if Janie says they work, I trust her so I will persevere!

Janie I will try to follow your advice with the Versa Gripps, hopefully they will start "talking" to me! Yes, I am doing 92 pounds on deadlifts and frankly, I think I could do more (my workout card tells me I should use 94 pounds but I struggle so much with the grip). I will try that trick though of putting my hands in different direction, I think it was Eunice's advice.

Your rotation seems to be a killer, you have so much energy working out morning and night, good on you. You are very inspiring! Might be a challenge I'd like to take on!

Good luck with your workouts on the ship, I always go away with DVDs, bands, dumbbells even (not when I go far obviously), but rarely end up doing anything at all, it looks like when I am away from my gym and my routine, all good intentions fly out of the window!

Eunice Sorry I haven't replied from the last time! I live in Canada, Ontario, in the 1000 Islands, it's very nice, but not as nice as California and Australia I bet! My husband is British, we lived there for 6 years, but we have been in Canada for 5 now. Made it here just in time before the recession, they had it very hard over there. It was good timing.

I've been putting plates in my son's Spiderman's backpack, works wonders, thanks for the tip!

For the weight thing, it's been a while since I've seen below 135... it seems like an unattainable number, nevermind 130 and 125! Seems impossible, but like my DH said, "you could not have done any more than what you have been doing, and you look great!" And I guess I will keep doing it. I feel great in general, and I must say that I do look pretty good, but we are always so perfectionnists with ourselves, aren't we?

I bought Tosca Reno's new Clean-Eating Diet book - Recharged and it put me in cooking mode again, so that's good. There's nothing better than a new cookbook or magazine to put you in cooking mood. (That might be why I have over 100!)

Shoes, books, cookbooks, and... workout DVDs are my addictions!

It's been great for me so far! Somebody just knocked at my classroom door and brought me a large bouquet from my husband and my son, and my students made me a cake in the dorms kitchen.

I hope your day is as good as mine!!!

Sandra

Hello everyone! I guess I haven’t been very consistent with my posting, but sometimes it just seems the day gets away from you, know what I mean?

Anyhow, first I have to say Happy Birthday Sandra! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments, including your fitness ones. It is always nice to meet a milestone birthday feeling you have met your goals. And all of your continued goals sound so impressive, keep it up! I took German in college and both of my sons have taken it too but I sure got rusty on it, I should try to refresh my memory since I really enjoyed it. I have always wanted to learn Italian too since I’m half Italian myself. I guess I have become lazy in setting goals, I think you’ve inspired me to think about that :).

Pam- I know what you mean about the OD forum, sometimes it can just get downright nasty over there. I personally wish they had a more active moderator.

Janie- that smith machine looks really good. I bought a pretty inexpensive weight bench with squat rack at Wal Mart last year that works pretty well, but yours looks much more sturdy. I also like that it has a spotter. About Cathe’s downloads, you can use them on your computer and also your T.V. as long as you have the right cables to hook up your iPod to the T.V. I don’t have any but was looking into maybe getting a couple, so was just looking into that info myself. They might be handy for your cruise ;)!

So on Monday I started Meso 2 with disc 13 and CCC premix, yesterday I did Amy Bento HLX, and then today…….the dreaded Meso 2 legs, ouch :mad:! I had forgotten how hard those tri-sets are, they take my breath away. This time I had the 20# vest to add with my dumbbells, but by the time I got to the last set of tri-sets, I had to take it off and just use the dumbbells alone. That vest starts getting to my traps when I’ve worn it for awhile. I also felt my lower back start to give out at the end, so I had to be especially careful.

Well, hi to everyone else and happy Wednesday!

Diane

Sandra Happy Happy Birthday to you! So nice that you are having such a fabulous day!

Janie That bench looks really nice. I definitely need something like that, the problem is where to put it. I do my workouts in our bonus room. It was pretty much my room until Christmas when we added a pool table and foosball table. Now I just have a little corner of the room to work in. I store all of my weights and bench in the corner. We do have a room that is basically a computer room and hang out room for the kids, I may need to think about converting that to an exercise room. We have a bowflex up there that never gets used. I need to get rid of that and get a reall fitness bench. I love the fact that it has a spotter and everything. Thanks so much for posting!
I haven't used Cathe's downloads yet but from what I have read you can use them on a computer. You can also burn dvds which is what I would probably do. And they are 20% with the March coupons.

Sandra It is my step-sons birthday today too. He turned 18 - I just can't believe it. Off to college next year. It's a big birthday week here, one of my best girlfriends had her birthday yesterday and another is Saturday.

I did the Hiit 40/20 30/30 combo once. After I did 40/20 this past Monday morning I was wondering how I had ever done that! :p Those 2 workouts are so tough on their own. I don't think that is something I will do very often! I don't mind the butt kicks so much but I agree with you on that running man - ouch! And you use a 14 inch step?! Double ouch :eek: You should be VERY proud of yourself! (and yes, DH=Dear Husband, unless you are mad at him them Dear could be replaced by another word that starts with D :D) I'm with you in hating the 190 squat turns and the tuck jumps and I don't like even the first set of the jump,. turn, tucks! But I just keep watching that timer tick down and talking myself through them.

I really like Athletic Step too. I agree about workouts being as easy or hard as you make them. I know that there used to be a lot of comments about cardio+weights being too easy and I don't find it too easy at all. Your comments about the guy with the little teeny dumbbells/barbells in STS is so funny! The first time I saw that I thought to myself WTH is he doing with that little teeny weight?! :p Maybe it's just to make some of us feel better about the weights we are using?!

What a fantastic attitude you have about turning 40. I know so many people who have gotten so depressed like their life it ending, but I'm about to turn 49 and feel happier and healthier than I have ever felt too!

What great acoomplishments you have to your credit already and your goals are so impressive! I have no doubt that you will achieve them. We'll be right here to support you too! You have 4 books on the go?! Wow, tell us more about them!
I agree with you on the next day being so much harder now after drinking too much wine. Wow! When I was in my 20's (and even early 30's) I could go out until the wee hours and get up and teach an aerobics class at 6 am the next morning! :confused: Those days are long gone! Now the next day I'm moving pretty slow!

There are a couple of threads on Versa Gripps in the open discussion. Everyone talks about how wonderful they are and how much they helped once they figured out how to use them, so I am determined to figure out how to use mine. It sounds like the video that Janie mentioned on their website is a good place to start. I still haven't looked at it though so I need to do that.

I am with you on the addictions, not so much the regular books these days because I rarely have time to read right now, but I have SHELVEs of cookbooks and cooking magazines. I love to try out new recipes and I'm lucky to have friends who don't mind being guinea pigs with my experiments. Wine is another of my addictions though. When we built our house my one requirement was a basement so that I could have a wine cellar. Basements aren't very common here because of the clay soil, so they only build them on sloped lots as walkout basements. It took awhile to find the right lot, but I did get my basement and my wine cellar and wasted no time in filling it :D
And as far as shoes go, I don't think a woman can ever have too many pairs!

Diane Hi, nice to hear from you again!

What did you think of that CCC pre-mix? I thought it was really tough! I am so with you on those leg trisets!! Man oh man!

I didn't intend to come back for such a long post but there was so much excitement here I had to respond :D Have a great afternoon/evening everyone!

Pam

Hello my friends, Today I did from drill max the cardio time-saver portion, abs weights & plates, I did that one in my dinning room, I wanted to do the plates and its the only place I can do it, also I did stretch w/o equipment, good, good.. I feel like a new person:p

Janie high FIVE to you, you are doing great, you are right "it doesn't work fast working hard and trying to lose weight, we have to be patient.. for how long have you been working out? I was telling to my DH that when I was little at school, I did not like to do the PE class I always hide and whine, so I pretty much grow up doing nothing until I meet my beautiful husband, he's been allways in a good shape, big, strong, he's been always motivating, and helping me along the way, taking me to the gym, teaching me to do stuff, so now in my late 30 I want to get back on shape, I've been doing Cathe for almost 4 years so I have a lot to do;):D
Oh yes with out a doubt Janie people will look at you twice;)
That sound cool you are going to be able to workout with your laptop, I did workout like that once for about 3-4 months... Enjoy your trip, have fun.

Pgeiger wild and loud OMG I went to the store and I catch sand in my mouth, spit, spit:p:p Pam so you did IMAX too, great workouts. when are you leaving? tomorrow? that would be fine but maybe when you get back you are going to be tired, Oh maybe that's only me:confused: every time we go to San Diego for a day, the next day I'm so tired, no power make get up and workout that's me, maybe you'll do better.
Me too I'm doing 25# for flies, for some reason is harder to push up, for bench press I supposed to be doing 75# no way I can do it by my self I need spotter for that one. That's a good question Pam( should be stronger on presses than flies?) I have to ask to my DH about it. Yes the squat rack he wants like this one check this web, plus the bench.
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=391&pid=3234
I know what you mean with those ladies I don't know what is their problem but its sad for Cathe, I don't even comment any more I did stop when they start to criticize Cathe. I love here, is more peaceful, friendly.

Janie another five for you just the name of your workout sound dangers AXE I'm going to show this machine to my DH and see what he thinks about this one, is more affordable

Sandra HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU 40 and happy good for you and congrats on everything you have accomplish.. we missed you long post I love to read them..40/20 plus 30/30 wowow that is pretty impressive and yes you should be so proud of your self, For me I think Athletic step its easier than any of the HIITs though but you right.... This and any other workout can be as easy or as hard as you make it, I have to talk to my self and move those arm when am doing step to make it more intense.. I have notice that too about those huge guys with little dumbbells, there funny.
How do you get all those numbers do you have a special scale that gives you the % of everything? Good luck with everything you want:D;) What kind of books have you write? I'm not surprise at all... you are good writing and expressing your self.. good to know that the backpack work I liked too, I hope I can get the vest though, let me know how do you like Tosca cook book, I bet you are going to have so much fun cooking..

How nice of your husband and son sending you flowers, and mmmm enjoy your cake am pretty sure your day is not over yet.. Have fun and happy birthday again;)

Diane15 20# vest is not a joke glad you made through, how do you like Amy Bento's dvd's? I only have Cathe, well I also have P90X, Insanity,and 1 kettlebell... but I love Cathe's rotation so here I am doing Cathe's only.

Pam you beat me you write faster that I do....I think I have to visit you so you can share some of those wines...:D:D

Last edited:
Sandra, Great job on your workouts! My DH made me a 14" step once. I gave it to one of my sisters. Don't think she is using them. May have to ask for it back for sentimental reasons.

Happy Birthday! 40 is a great age to be. Enjoy.

Congratulations on all your huge success in your fitness and health. If you can succeed so much in just a short period of time, just think what you will have done at the end of this year. YEAH!

A certification in health and fitness is a wonderful goal. I'm sure you'll do it, with all that gumption/energy inside you. 4 books to puplish, learning two other languages and learning how to play the piano. I bet you can do all that in your 40's. Enjoy the processes.

I agree with your husband, we are our own worst critiques. I bet you look fabulous.

I have a copy of Tosca Reno's new Clean-Eating Diet book. She's great and I love the way she thinks. Love the recipes, they are so good.

Diane15, My DH already burned DVD's for me to take along the cruise trip. Just a matter of putting the DVD's in the slot. But, If I knew the DVD's by heart, I would put them on my IPOD. But I don't, so I can't see using the downloads. I feel I might not be understanding something here. Hmmmmmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

Fantastic job on your workouts. Really proud of you for listening to your body. Smart gal. You did good.

Pam, I know, the Marcy Smith Machine is big and you do need to think about where to put such a machine. But, it's worth it!

Your family gave you a corner to workout in? Hmmmmmm, that's all I've got to say. Your idea on using the computer room for your workout room sounds fantastic. The kids can hang out in the family room, or play room.

Eunice, Awe, you did a great job on your workouts today. I feel really good after a workout too.

I've been working out off and on for years. Kind of a yo yo thing going on. My goal is to be consistent.

Wow, your DH sounds so good to you. And you are lucky that he is a personal trainer. Is that right? How lucky you are. I love my Joey too. He is so good to me, well, we are good to each other. Love our life together.

Try not to feel intimidated on the OD forums. If you feel like you want to contribute and share your knowledge, then go for it. If you want to know something then ask it. Usually they are OK.:rolleyes: It's that way on any forum, not just Cathe's. It's just the way things are. I wouldn't know how to change it. I think you just have to go with the flow. Easier said then done. Right?;)

If you show that Marcy Smith Machine to your husband, he just might buy it. Men seem to like those kinds of things.

Have a great evening everyone, and sweet dreams.

Janie

Eunice You are invited to come and drink wine with me anytime :D

Janie I'm exaggerating a little on the corner thing - my corner is about the size of a small room, but there is a couc and loveseat in addition to the TV there as well. The Marcy Smith Machine wouldn't fit in that space for sure.

I did decide to change my plans and start meso 3 nect Wednesday. I probably will be tired after the trip, especially with the time change on Sunday, but I'll also be anxious to get up and workout and we don't get home too late on Tuesday. I think the thought of doing that leg disc today was my main motivation for changing my plans:eek: I ended up doing a Minday step workout called action packed. Mindy can be a little annoying sometimes but I really enjoy her workouts. Have a great day ladies!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.