Lurker Invitations March Check-In

Just got done with GS Chest and Triceps, plus ab workout #5 and 11 from Ab Hits. I can do the first 16 pushups with legs straight, on my toes, after that, it's all knees. But I got through those puppies. I know I'll be feeling it tomorrow. Love these GS workouts.

Janie: I saw on the Weather Channel that you guys out in the northwest are getting hammered with all kinds of rain and snow. Are you all still under a drought at there or has that subsided? If my memory is correct, it seems like a good part of the country is still considered to be under various intensities of a drought. Those STS workouts look pretty dang challenging. What do you mean when you indicate pull-up modified or chin-up modified?

I cleaned house last night, so I could do yard work today. Now, it just needs to warm up a little bit more. Mr. Sun is taking his time doing his job today.

Sounds like everyone is staying committed to their workouts even when the temptation to rest a little longer is lurking.
~michelle

Hi yesterday I ran 3 miles and did a Pilates mat class that has some great core work. Really digging the running lately. Right now I only run on Fridays morning and I am thinking of adding another run day on Monday mornings.

Today is going to be a rest day. We are going to a spring celebration and have been busy all morning preparing for it. I wanted to squeeze in Muscle Max but there is now way. Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day so I will just flip the days.

Oh and I am down another 1 1/2. :)
Janie: I didn't have a hamburger the other day, that was the point I thought I was doing good by just getting a lemonade and came home to find that they put lipid fat into their lemonade. I was so mad! I still can't get over it! I can't believe any company would do that intentionally. They should be forced to disclosed that on the order place.

Michelle: I am right there with you on the pushups!~ I can do the first 16 and then I gotta go to the knees, and my arms are quivering by the end of all of them. Have fun in the garden/yard.

Shadowpup: you have the coolest gadgets. I never heard of gowearfit before I will have to google it now. Or maybe not because it might make me want it too!

Shoegal: Love those GS! They always give me DOMS! I ALWAYS wear a helmet even if I am skiing greens with the girls. Partly to model to them that when you ski you wear head gear! Colorado people in general wear helmets now but people who come out of town don't. It is the new fashion on the slopes! You are considered out of touch/ out of style if you don't wear one.

Chiquta: love how you break your work outs up through out the day!

OMG I am soooo excited about Cathe's new Shock Cardio DVD series! That is exactly what I have been wanting! Now where is that CHECK!!! I hope it get's here before the 31st! And with that 20% off it will only encourage me to get some other DVD"S I have been wanting!

Where is everyone this Sunday? Enjoying Spring weather I hope. Beautiful here and snow is melting like mad. Although I heard a front is coming in & we may get some more snow, certainly some cooler temperatures:mad: Once it gets warm like today I am done with snow!

Just finished Muscle Max. Still feeling droopy but I haven't gotten sick so don't know whats up maybe I need to look at my diet. Maybe I need a pre/post workout snack. Does anyone else do that? I am shakey feeling my whole body got an intense workout!

Hi everyone! We had a social event today, a brunch. And, I have to report, I ate large quantities of food ... but the odd part is, since I'd had only a small breakfast and no midmorning or midafternoon snacks, my running total for calories actually is on track, maybe a little on the high side.

My GoWearFit devices is a real kick. I can see the times I dash upstairs during triceps to do my pullups (and I hit TWELVE PULLUPS IN A ROW!). I can see how restless (or not) I am when sleeping - it gives me a sleep efficiency percentage, if you can believe that. I can also see where exactly in a workout I'm burning the most calories (in STS Triceps, it's the first half, oddly enough). For many this may be TMI, but then as you've no doubt noticed, I'm a gadget-data-fanatic :eek: and I find it very motivating. The arm band is not nearly as obtrusive as I thought it would be; normally I hate wearing things on my arm but I don't notice this.

Laura, I am entirely with you on the new STS CARDIO! What a nice surprise. And, did you see that the traveller's workout will be thrown in too? I ordered right away: I'm number 117. The guesstimate was six-ish months, and fall would be excellent timing for new indoor cardio options. Your workouts sound great; and congratulations on the continued weight loss!!! BTW, you are inspiring me to rethink pilates and yoga. Somehow I cannot get myself as excited about that style as I am about the other workouts; probably because I am so inflexible and do them so poorly. Re eating: yes, I need to eat a little beforehand or I get a weak feeling. Not much: usually an apple or an orange is plenty. Afterwards I like 200 calories of carbs/protein.

Michelle, I'm also NW - pacific northwest - and we had snow AGAIN. It never seems to end. On the modifications for pullups etc, there are several different ways that Cathe's team does them. One involves seated work with a band; I don't know but perhaps CatheTV talks more about how to do these?

Last edited:
Been outside enjoying the sunshine, working in the yard. Sorry, NW Pacific folks-just warm air, blue skies, and sunshine in Virginia today.

My sister sent me an email about the forthcoming Shock Cardio Series. So, I had to check that out. I'm thinking: Great, first Shadowpup shares her news about her GoWearFit. After I check it out online, I'm thinking, got to have one of those. And now a new Cathe series. GoWearFit might have to wait for Christmas. But it's always nice to start that wish list early.:)

I previewed step fit this afternoon. I'll be doing flying angels in the morning.:p
~michelle

This morning was Step Fit--love those flying angels. What a great workout. A little tricky, but really fun choreography. I find that if I really listen to Cathe, I manage to get through the step routines okay on my first go round. I can tell that this one is really going to be fun once I get comfortable with it.

So, my sister and I have both decided to preorder the Shock Cardio Series. And I really want to get a pull up chin up bar and I've got a GoWearFit on the top of my Christmas wish list. I also need to buy a pair of 20 pound hex dumb bells.

Having great fun today (and yes, I'm at work), how about all my workout friends? I'm thinking Janie must have a new grandchild because we have not heard from her for a couple of days.

More later.
~michelle

Heh heh - it is now my turn to be an enabler!

I've been using the GoWearFit, and it continues to be entertaining, and also useful. I was shocked to see my sleep patterns; clearly I need to work on my "sleep efficiency" (that's the part of the night you spend sleeping rather than tossing and turning; it is quite clear from the graphs what's going on). Some nights ok, but others were less than 60 percent :confused:

Also, much of my hike was almost but not quite in the vigorous category. By picking up my pace just slightly on the hills, and jogging along slowly on two extra stretches, I've gone from a hike that was 90 percent moderate (less than 6 mets) to one that is about half moderate/half vigorous (over 6 mets). I went from a 4 met average to 5.9 mets with just those simple changes. Another thing you can do is adjust the threshold for what's considered moderate or vigorous, and I may change that around once I'm happy with my overall balance.

I'm off to my onsite job office today, so this is likely my last post til Friday or thereabouts. Best wishes to all, especially Janie, who I hope has a gorgeous new grandbaby to play with!

Check in March 23rd

Wow - STS Shock Cardio - It is something about the excitement of this that I was all ready to order - already knowing that I probably won't be into some parts of it. I am literally holding myself back though. I really should wait until I hear more about it. Finally someone is addressing the travel factor - I have been wanting something to travel with for ages - I have actually loaded up the car with weights and steps before - and this would be fantastic. Too exciting!

Yes - I too have researched Shadowpup's GoWearFit and am interested - I have discovered tons of new things from these forums regarding fitness instructors, gear, gadgets etc - I actually sort of feel a little overwhelmed - since I feel like there is so much out there - new things to try.

Actually did yard work on Saturday - cleaned up the garden a bit and saw signs of Spring everywhere - that is really good for the soul. Did my heart good to see green coming up through the dead foilage - pulled it back and cut it down to make room for it. I love that - so nice to see Spring. Had no snow and wasn't that cold in Pennsylvania - so I sympathize with those still dealing with it. I'm so done with snow too!!

Congrats on becoming Catheites Laura and Shadowpup - I suppose I got a ways to go. One day though. Everyone sounds as if they are on track which is wonderful

Michelle - I actually have Step Fit - on VHS - bought that a long long time ago - I experimented with a couple of Cathe's workouts early on before I REALLY got into her stuff and that was one of the few I bought. I have actually been interested in seeing what the other workout I have of hers of VHS is - will check that out tonight.

Over the weekend I must say that I absolutely suck in the eating department - had too much wine when DH and I went up to visit with the neighbors. I think Champagne must have tons of alcohol because that seems to do me in everytime. They had a bottle of Dom Perignon - was the first time I ever tried it. I only had a gulp of it and didn't really pay attention to the taste since they brought it out at a point in the evening when my senses weren't at their sharpest.:p

Hope everyone is well - have a great day.

Shadowpup: The GoWearFit is definitely going on my Christmas wish list. It looks really nifty. Thanks for sharing the information with everyone. I don't know where you found out about this wonderful looking gadget, but you might want to post a thread about it on Open Discussion.

Hey gals--is it just me or is our group shrinking? Let's try to keep things going while Janie is away.

~michelle

So quick workout post: 3 mile run again this morning, than my pilates class, and Total Tone class. I did a HIIT class with pyramid style weight work on shoulders, triceps and biceps. Core work & stretch. It was a doozy of a class and I am exhausted. Maybe I will have time for personals tomorrow.

It does seem like we are shrinking, but I thought maybe it was just the weekend. Let's do keep it going ladies!! It helps me soooo much!~

Good Evening everyone,

Been so busy with life and just don't know what happen to the time. Couldn't get on the computer; house cleaning, getting ready for baby, dentist...Sorry about that. I'll read and catch up with you all. In the meantime will post from your today's posts, if that's OK.

When I'm gone to take care of baby Adriane, and it most likely will be during the first part of the month,(who knows, we've been waiting everyday and nothing yet) I'm hoping any one of you can start up the check in for April and continue without me. I even may be able to be close to a computer, but I don't know that yet.

Laura, WOW! What a lot of workouts today. You did good, just be careful to not over do it. K?

Michelle, I love all the classic step ups and Step Fit is a keeper. Glad to here you will be ording the new cardios for STS. YEAH! I did already, couldn't help myself.

Shoegal, Gwearfit, will have to google this and find out what all the talk is about. Hoping we don't have anymore snow too. Enough is enough already. Need to get the garden pruned, cleaned...Hey, I sucked in the eating department this weekend too. Golly Gee Wiz (head bowed down). GEEERRRRR.:mad: Tomorrows another day.

Shadowpup, You are an enabler aren't you. the Gwearfit, looks very interesting and I want...so much I want. Your workouts are awesome!

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
Check in Tuesday 3/24/09

Wanted to jump on the forum early to show my support of our little check in -just as long as there is a couple people - and if we are all reading and interested it really doesn't need to be huge.

Last night I discovered that I had Mega Step Blast on VHS - doesn't that sound all incredibly hard and scary? Well - it really showed its age. The outfits alone with something - thong leotards for one thing - and Cathe was good enough to change her leotard 3 to 4 times during the workout. My - times have changed. It was also a little boring - the first section was just some basic steps with arms. I believe at the time I bought this tape - I thought this was really a difficult and intense workout. Now - not so much. Good thing too - at least I have made some progress right?

Anyway - afterwards I popped in Core Max and did the "Balanced Core" premix and was horrified to discover that she was going to do levitation holds once again. This time however I forced my legs into the lotus position - I frimly believed that this was absolutely the only way I was going to lift everything off the floor. My legs were screaming to get out of the pretzel I put them in but lo and behold - my body was off. :eek: I was quite proud. DH had already gone to bed though - and it didn't seem like it was such good news that I needed to wake him out of a sound sleep to tell him so everyone here gets to hear.

Hopefully everyone is doing well. I'll come back on to catch up later.

Shoegal,

Congratuations! You some how found out how to do the illusion of levitating. Now, I know Cathe would never tell her secret, because if she did, she wouldn't be "The Great Cathe Friedrich" that we all know and love. Please let us know how you are doing it. LOL;)

I'm proud of you, it just shows how dedicated you are to improve yourself. And how determined you are to overcome something that is so difficult. Is there a certain way to hold your hands, or legs...I would love one day to do that and push/chin ups, the splits and the back bend.

I have all the classics, and these older tapes still can give me a challenge. Don't tell anyone, but I also use to wear thong leotards.LOL:rolleyes:

Janie

This morning was GS Back, Shoulders, and Biceps and then workouts 1 and 2 from Ab Hits. Ripken was very inspirational during my ab work this morning. He sat next to me and did his cute puppy face, tongue curled, mouth part open, hovering just far enough above me that I had to push a little more to lift up to touch his nose with mine.

Tomorrow I have to get up at double-dark thirty to come to work for an early morning meeting, then it's a 12+hour workday--so, no workout tomorrow. That's okay, I'll be back at it on Thursday, no problem.

Janie: how does one start a check-in? And speaking of those thong leotards, I believe I still have one in the drawer. Wonder if it fits? But let's face it, thong wear has only gotten more popular since the olden days. Now, we have thong underwear and bathing suits!

Shoegal: go girl-levitate!

Laura: wow--how much time do you spend exercising every day?

Pre-ordered Shock Cardio last night. Now, how to spend that 20 percent off coupon? Hmmm.

~michelle

Good afternoon,

Hi Michelle, The vision you gave with Ripken and you doing sit ups, is precious. How cute is that? LOL

Tomorrow does sound like a very long day for you. Try to get some rest afterward.

To start a Check-In, just post what you have in mind in the Open Discussion Forum and see if there are anyone interested to come join you. I'm curious:), what do you have in mind?

Today I did Disc 19 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, a 6 min. routine in ab hits and writing down my calorie intake. So far I'm doing great. Burned 546 calories.

Janie

Last edited:
Checking in yet again

Put a new avatar up - decided to use my girl Dot - you can actually see part of Scout's head in there too. She is obviously not a shoe and it didn't seem right at first that my avatar wasn't a shoe - but decided that since Dot ate a pair of my shoes once - she was a shoegal as well. Although she prefers to eat them.

Will do GS - Back, shoulders & biceps workout - tonight. This will complete my short rotation with the GS workouts - and am thinking of beginning STS shortly - in April - and April is quite near so I should work on my 1Rep Max testing. Somebody motivate me again to do this.

Well - couldn't control myself and ordered the STS Shock Cardio - talked myself into it. It only made perfect sense to take advantage of the sale - and yes - Michelle - I hear you -there was this coupon involved and well think of the savings. So I believe I did the right thing. But can't help but think I have workouts laying all about that I haven't done. Believe me - this isn't like me - usually I tear into something new.

Laura - I agree - that was a super great workout you did no wonder you were exhausted. Rest and recover and tell us how you are.

Michelle - Ripken does indeed sound like an inspiration. Can't help but love those puppies. They mean so much. Hope your meeting goes well and the day runs smooth.

Janie - Speaking of thongs - I too had actually toyed with the idea of getting the thong leotard but somehow I didn't get around to it. Although workout wear has changed greatly I don't think I have ever wore anything more exotic than a t shirt even now. Thanks for the kind words - I do try. I believe, though, I'd like to be you one day. You have such tremendous strength and you have continued to work out into retirement. That is something great.

Again - hope everyone is well.

Shoegal (Denise)

Janie--I think maybe I wasn't clear in my question about starting a check-in. You had indicated that one of us may need to get the Lurkers check-in going for April because you may be with your family enjoying your new grandchild. I'm more concerned about keeping our group going. So, is it just like starting a new thread and you put the name of our group: Lurker Invitation April Check-In" in the title?

And yes, Ripken can be "inspirational" when I exercise. Although sometimes I think he is better at distracting me from the pain. In his mind, I think he believes that certain portions of my exercise time just present another opportunity for him to get some kind of attention. We are pretty much inseparable when I am at home. My DH says he has never seen anything like it.

~michelle

Janie--I think maybe I wasn't clear in my question about starting a check-in. You had indicated that one of us may need to get the Lurkers check-in going for April because you may be with your family enjoying your new grandchild. I'm more concerned about keeping our group going. So, is it just like starting a new thread and you put the name of our group: Lurker Invitation April Check-In" in the title?

And yes, Ripken can be "inspirational" when I exercise. Although sometimes I think he is better at distracting me from the pain. In his mind, I think he believes that certain portions of my exercise time just present another opportunity for him to get some kind of attention. We are pretty much inseparable when I am at home. My DH says he has never seen anything like it.

~michelle

Michelle, Sorry if I misunderstood you. (I have a way of doing that sometimes, all I can blame it on is my old age LOL:rolleyes:!) I'm so glad you are going to be the one to start the April thread. Yes, start a new thread and you put the name of our group in the title.

My animals are there too when I exercise, especially when I do abs. It's a perfect time where I'm at their level, and they seem to know that I can just reach over and tickle their belly. It's so cute.

Shoegal, Love the new avatar. They are beautiful animals you have there. You'll just simply love STS. I promise you will. Seriously, just do it! LOL Is that motivation enough? I also ordered STS Shock Cardio. Can't wait, again.

Do take care,

Janie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.