Least Favorite Moves

To name one that hasn't been mentioned, I hate Sumo Squats!

Also don't like genie hops because I feel like I cheat on form.

LeAnne

It's fresh in my mind because I just did Core Max #1. It's loaded with great, highly effective moves but there are a few that drive me up the wall. Starting with the Levitation Hold. My God. I wouldn't believe it possible except that they're all doing it. Check out Lorraine on that one. She gets waaaay up so you know SHE has to be light as a feather (Hello. Not me.) The only way I can even come close to getting my behind off the floor is to lift with my fists ground into the mat. I sure can't lift my body weight with my fingers all splayed out like the ladies show. And lets talk about that entire plank section at the end. Planks are tough enough but the hip dip (a.k.a. The Back Destroyer) and rolling back and forth on your toes (Your toes will hurt and your feet will ache for days if you do 3). I can do neither and just wind up doing some form of plank as modification moves. I'm sure I could think of more but these are the one's freshest in my mind.

I agree with alot of the ones mentioned here & rediscovered one yesterday while doing segmant 1 of CoreMax. Those darn elevated lifts she does to warm up. How on earth does she do that so easily!?!
x( I simply push up & feel it but there's not muchhopeof me getting my butt off the floor!!! Makes me feel good to see Brenda not moving far either.

Tami

OOPS! Didn't read the reply beforemine until after I posted. At least I'mnot the only one, good idea using the fists, I'll try that next time.

Tami

I actually don't mind the genie hops - I don't love them but I don't hate them like I hate:

shuffles down the board -- this just doesn't FEEL right to me, and I think I'm doing something wrong - but considering there isn't much to the move I choose to HATE it instead.

Tuck jumps -- I can't remember which work out I was doing most recently with these but it gave me hope that even though Cathe can really tuck her legs up under her butt when she does these, the rest of the girls can't and don't -- I don't even come close!

I hate leg presses too!

Slam Its - nuf said.

There is a move I can't recall the name of but I hate it -- it's where you walk over (by) the end of the step at an angle, only one foot actually hits the step on top and then you do the pivot turn and come back - and sometimes she makes you come back backwards and that same foot hits the side of the step again -- I know I'm not describing this well enough, but whatever work out its in I don't do often because I hate those. . . .

And I'm so incredibly glad to read that I'm not the only one whose butt barely (or not at all) comes off the ground with levitation holds! Thank you ladies for making my evening!

This is a fun thread.

Travis

>There is a move I can't recall the name of but I hate it --
>it's where you walk over (by) the end of the step at an angle,
>only one foot actually hits the step on top and then you do
>the pivot turn and come back - and sometimes she makes you
>come back backwards and that same foot hits the side of the
>step again -- I know I'm not describing this well enough, but
>whatever work out its in I don't do often because I hate
>those. . . .

That move is called peg leg-pivot and then she does peg leg-mambo going back.

As far as the tuck jumps, I also finally noticed that the other girls (for some reason was watching Brenda) didn't tuck much.

>That move is called peg leg-pivot and then she does peg
>leg-mambo going back.
>

YES!!! The peg leg pivot! That's the one. It is not a hard move, but I don't seem to do it right and it always makes me mad so I hate it!

Thanks!

I also take comfort in noticing that the others don't tuck as high as Cathe. No one can do that move like her!

Regarding levitation holds: I use a yoga bricks under each hand, and that makes them much more do-able! It also helps take the stress off my fingers. I put my hand near the edge of the brick and let my fingers hang off the end.

My least favorite move: jumping sideways onto the step. Jumping forward doesn't bother me, but during blasts that require a jump up while facing sideways, I just can't do it. Not sure why.

When I saw them doing those holds I just laughed and said "yeah right Cathe!" You have lost your pretty little mind!:7

Oh, I do not like "triples around" for some reason I either do not move fast enough or wind up tripping over my own feet, I just stay in one place and do a sort of "cha=cha" move when they do those.

Oh and one more thing, I say bring back Hope! I love Hope, she works out like I do, not as graceful as the gymnast Cathe is, but still gets the job done! She is also taller like Rhonda which I can appreciate, and she modifies some of the moves which makes me feel better.:D

>WhI love Hope, she
>works out like I do, not as graceful as the gymnast Cathe is,
>but still gets the job done! She is also taller like Rhonda
>which I can appreciate, and she modifies some of the moves
>which makes me feel better.:D

I always liked having Hope and Rhonda in the mix. Both were more my height, so I could see how moves looked on them. And though I never thought of Hope as less graceful than Cathe, I liked the fact that she showed that you can modify and still do the workout.

As for those levitation holds: if you look at Rhonda and Brenda doing them, they don't get their feet all the way off the ground. I can't get my legs off the ground, but I can lift my butt a bit. And when I try these seated on the edge of the patient's table in my acupuncturist's office, I can do them.

>Re: levitation holds, try them in a lotus position instead of
>cross-legged. It is a bit easier to get the leverage.
>
>
Okay, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Another vote for leg presses.

Regarding levitation holds:

I also had the hardest time doing them but when I did them in David Swenson's yoga, it worked for me. He does them in lotus position and I have a much easier time with them.

Marcy

Least favorite move of all time, mainly because it is hard for me, is those hamstring lifts on the ball with one leg in the air. Yesterday I did PLB and was shocked because I didn't realize I was so weak in that area!

It just goes to show that different moves works your muscles differently. Well know I have a new goal to work to! :)

Oh I don't even do the power turning squat jumps. I just do them staying in one direction. I also dread leg presses although I know they're effective so that makes them bearable. The other move I don't like would be any tricky push-up.... I'm just not strong enough and still do them on my knees. Lol... and squat thrusts.............. Besides those I love all the other moves. :)

TXGin said:
Here's a vote for fast foot repeaters. My HR goes sky high and I'm always skeered of tripping!!:eek:

Gin:)

I do too. But also afraid I'm gpnna twist my ankle. It seems like my steper is to wide for my stubby short legs.. I love flying angel's!

runninggal said:
While we covered our least favorite workouts; what are your least favorite moves? These are the moves that have the highest degree of Yuck Factor. For me, it is those hideous Genie Hops in IMAX 2. Genie Hops are my one-way ticket to plantar fasciitis. I also detest Slam-its:-(

Sarah

I have planter facsitis and I love bootcamp however after doing bootcamp I realized I have it. Got a little better then decidedto give 4ds bootcamp a go since its in the rotation and I have been doing better for about a month. Well now PF has showed itself. I don't know how to modify those moves either.

So what else makes it flare so ill know to avoid ..

Just thought of a move I'm not real crazy about.... I don't care for 123 horse. I like regular horse shoes, slap-clap horses or even power horse but 123 horse is not one of my favorites.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.