January 2022 Rotation One-month Check-In

Debinmi

Cathlete
Hi everyone. This is a Check-In for Cathe's January 2022 Kickstart rotation. Everyone is Welcome!

Here is the rotation: https://cathe.com/cathe-january-2022-kickstart-rotation/

Feel free to adjust the rotation to fit your schedule/needs.

A couple of things to note:
1) There are usually 2 core workouts/week
2) There is 1 100-Rep Challenge/week. There are 5 100-RepChallenges in XTrain - choose the ones you think would benefit you most. They don't take long to do. https://cathe.com/xtrain-100-rep-challenges/
3) Other XTrain Bonuses: There is a Bonus Rear Delt chapter - I found this bonus to be very helpful in squaring out my shoulders - I encourage you to try it. There is a Bonus Barre chapter if you want a little extra leg work - I found this chapter helpful when I was avoiding heavy weight work last summer to allow an irritate ITB to heal. Info on the Bonuses: https://cathe.com/xtrain-bonus-video-map/

As an example of adjusting - I personally choose 5 of the workouts posted/week as my 6th day is usually a 30-40 minute (mostly non-Cathe) cardio with a 20-40 minute yoga/mobility/stretch workout. My rest-day is Sunday. I usually put Leg Day on Mondays. My point is: Make the rotation work for you!

Thanks for setting this up! I will start the Jan rotation tomorrow. Today, I did the New Year's Live workout, 100 rep challenge-scarecrows (to get in the groove of doing them in the rotation) plus a C Girvan abs workout (13-ish min). I plan to take my dog for a short walk in the rain later. If I don't, he will have too much energy!

I agree with Jaypea, great idea and I have never posted in a check in. I started today and after Boss Total body I did the delt challenge. Looking forward to reading everyones comments. Perfect start to a New Year!

I just finished Tabatacise-all 5. I plan on taking my dog for a 1-2 mile walk this afternoon. Tomorrow, I'm back to work. I'll wake up early to exercise to get it done for the day. Not looking forward to early wake up!

I just finished XTrain Bis/Tris plus 100 rep challenge bicep curls. I used 8#, and after the Train workout, my biceps were already on fire. I never knew 8# could be so tough!!! I believe Cathe said Marlow used 25#!!! Yikes! It's something to work up to! I switch up the workouts to work for me. It was my turn to walk the dog before working out, so I knew I would not have an hour to do a workout. Have a great Monday!

I have just completed Tabatacise and it never gets easier! I do love all the energy. Unfortunately, I have to now modify a lot of the moves but this workout still is a heart racer. Glad to check in here because I always felt out of place on the other threads since I solely do Cathe workouts and her rotations.

After being a devoted cathlete for years, I lost my mother in January 2020 & then was hit hard by the pandemic (I’m a teacher in inner-city Columbus, Ohio) & I just lost my energy & motivation. I battle Ankylosing Spondylitis & Rheumatoid Arthritis (so chronic pain with horrible medications). I’m determined to get it back, though (will turn 53 in February). So, I just struggled through all 5 tabatas (with breaks in between everything—ha! ha!). One day at a time!

Day 2 done! Those boss bands are seriously tough. I had to drop to the blue band only for the biceps as blue and green was literally impossible. Don’t know how Cathe and crew complete biceps with 2 bands. I finished off with hip thruster 100 rep challenge.

Feeling good!

I finished Cardio Leg Blast with 10 min of an aworkout from fitness blender. I love Cardio Leg Blast!
Michelle, I’m a teacher too…right outside of Harrisburg, PA. What grade do you teach? I’m a rdg spec for K-2 students.
Sorry for your loss and the health problems you are dealing with. But, you are here, showing up and working hard! That’s great!
I love reading all your posts!

I got done doing the Boss Bands Total Body workout and the 100 rep Hip Thrusters. Plus a 30 minute Xtrain Ride. My knees love the lo impact cardio and I enjoy the exhilaration I get from it. So the hardest part for me with the bands were the legs and triceps. I was chuckling because after I did calves and started on the triceps, my calves just decided to start talking back to me. I told them to settle down because it was triceps turn. Needless to say, I enjoyed using the bands and feel stretched and worked.

Day 2 done! Those boss bands are seriously tough. I had to drop to the blue band only for the biceps as blue and green was literally impossible. Don’t know how Cathe and crew complete biceps with 2 bands. I finished off with hip thruster 100 rep challenge.

Feeling good!
Cocoloco, I had to bring my feet close in and wanted to one foot it at the tail end. And the hip thruster is what I did also. Hope it doesn’t bite me when I do legs tomorrow.

I got done doing the Boss Bands Total Body workout and the 100 rep Hip Thrusters. Plus a 30 minute Xtrain Ride. My knees love the lo impact cardio and I enjoy the exhilaration I get from it. So the hardest part for me with the bands were the legs and triceps. I was chuckling because after I did calves and started on the triceps, my calves just decided to start talking back to me. I told them to settle down because it was triceps turn. Needless to say, I enjoyed using the bands and feel stretched and worked.
The calf work wasn’t easy!

I started on Tuesday as Monday was "shovel-max" & a lengthy stretch cuz my body was stiff. Bi's/Tris on Tuesday along with Rear Delts & Core. Was able to do all of Tabatacise today - my style (lower impact & lower step) along with Total Body Stretch #1. Planning on Leg Day tomorrow, but it'll also be a "shovel-max" day so we'll see how it goes.

Great start everyone! As Cathe might say "keep on X-Training".

I did Chest, Back, Shoulders today. I love the XTrain series too! My main goal this month is to rein in my eating. I eat healthy foods, but I got away from tracking. I just joined MFP for the year, and I like the details this version provides, although the free version is good too. I’ve been tracking since Sunday. Today, I got off track. But, that’ll happen sometimes. I ordered the long bands, and they should be here by Friday. I’ve been pushing back the band workouts till I get them. Not sure what I’ll do tomorrow.

I did Chest, Back, Shoulders today. I love the XTrain series too! My main goal this month is to rein in my eating. I eat healthy foods, but I got away from tracking. I just joined MFP for the year, and I like the details this version provides, although the free version is good too. I’ve been tracking since Sunday. Today, I got off track. But, that’ll happen sometimes. I ordered the long bands, and they should be here by Friday. I’ve been pushing back the band workouts till I get them. Not sure what I’ll do tomorrow.
I did the same workout. It Is my favorite series. You will enjoy the bands and loops For resistance training.

I did low impact hiit from next week’s schedule. I’ll do the ab work later in the day. I got a message from Amazon that my bands won’t be delivered? They are sending out a new set. I didn’t order Cathe ones, but a set that looks like them. Hopefully they will be here soon!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.