January 2022 Rotation One-month Check-In

Debinmi

Cathlete
Hi everyone. This is a Check-In for Cathe's January 2022 Kickstart rotation. Everyone is Welcome!

Here is the rotation: https://cathe.com/cathe-january-2022-kickstart-rotation/

Feel free to adjust the rotation to fit your schedule/needs.

A couple of things to note:
1) There are usually 2 core workouts/week
2) There is 1 100-Rep Challenge/week. There are 5 100-RepChallenges in XTrain - choose the ones you think would benefit you most. They don't take long to do. https://cathe.com/xtrain-100-rep-challenges/
3) Other XTrain Bonuses: There is a Bonus Rear Delt chapter - I found this bonus to be very helpful in squaring out my shoulders - I encourage you to try it. There is a Bonus Barre chapter if you want a little extra leg work - I found this chapter helpful when I was avoiding heavy weight work last summer to allow an irritate ITB to heal. Info on the Bonuses: https://cathe.com/xtrain-bonus-video-map/

As an example of adjusting - I personally choose 5 of the workouts posted/week as my 6th day is usually a 30-40 minute (mostly non-Cathe) cardio with a 20-40 minute yoga/mobility/stretch workout. My rest-day is Sunday. I usually put Leg Day on Mondays. My point is: Make the rotation work for you!

jaypea

Cathlete
Thanks for setting this up! I will start the Jan rotation tomorrow. Today, I did the New Year's Live workout, 100 rep challenge-scarecrows (to get in the groove of doing them in the rotation) plus a C Girvan abs workout (13-ish min). I plan to take my dog for a short walk in the rain later. If I don't, he will have too much energy!

katie lee

Cathlete
I agree with Jaypea, great idea and I have never posted in a check in. I started today and after Boss Total body I did the delt challenge. Looking forward to reading everyones comments. Perfect start to a New Year!

jaypea

Cathlete
I just finished Tabatacise-all 5. I plan on taking my dog for a 1-2 mile walk this afternoon. Tomorrow, I'm back to work. I'll wake up early to exercise to get it done for the day. Not looking forward to early wake up!

jaypea

Cathlete
I just finished XTrain Bis/Tris plus 100 rep challenge bicep curls. I used 8#, and after the Train workout, my biceps were already on fire. I never knew 8# could be so tough!!! I believe Cathe said Marlow used 25#!!! Yikes! It's something to work up to! I switch up the workouts to work for me. It was my turn to walk the dog before working out, so I knew I would not have an hour to do a workout. Have a great Monday!

Wspanialy

I have just completed Tabatacise and it never gets easier! I do love all the energy. Unfortunately, I have to now modify a lot of the moves but this workout still is a heart racer. Glad to check in here because I always felt out of place on the other threads since I solely do Cathe workouts and her rotations.

After being a devoted cathlete for years, I lost my mother in January 2020 & then was hit hard by the pandemic (I’m a teacher in inner-city Columbus, Ohio) & I just lost my energy & motivation. I battle Ankylosing Spondylitis & Rheumatoid Arthritis (so chronic pain with horrible medications). I’m determined to get it back, though (will turn 53 in February). So, I just struggled through all 5 tabatas (with breaks in between everything—ha! ha!). One day at a time!

cocoloco

Cathlete
Day 2 done! Those boss bands are seriously tough. I had to drop to the blue band only for the biceps as blue and green was literally impossible. Don’t know how Cathe and crew complete biceps with 2 bands. I finished off with hip thruster 100 rep challenge.

Feeling good!

jaypea

Cathlete
I finished Cardio Leg Blast with 10 min of an aworkout from fitness blender. I love Cardio Leg Blast!
Michelle, I’m a teacher too…right outside of Harrisburg, PA. What grade do you teach? I’m a rdg spec for K-2 students.
Sorry for your loss and the health problems you are dealing with. But, you are here, showing up and working hard! That’s great!
I love reading all your posts!

Wspanialy

I got done doing the Boss Bands Total Body workout and the 100 rep Hip Thrusters. Plus a 30 minute Xtrain Ride. My knees love the lo impact cardio and I enjoy the exhilaration I get from it. So the hardest part for me with the bands were the legs and triceps. I was chuckling because after I did calves and started on the triceps, my calves just decided to start talking back to me. I told them to settle down because it was triceps turn. Needless to say, I enjoyed using the bands and feel stretched and worked.

Wspanialy

Day 2 done! Those boss bands are seriously tough. I had to drop to the blue band only for the biceps as blue and green was literally impossible. Don’t know how Cathe and crew complete biceps with 2 bands. I finished off with hip thruster 100 rep challenge.

Feeling good!
Cocoloco, I had to bring my feet close in and wanted to one foot it at the tail end. And the hip thruster is what I did also. Hope it doesn’t bite me when I do legs tomorrow.

cocoloco

Cathlete
I got done doing the Boss Bands Total Body workout and the 100 rep Hip Thrusters. Plus a 30 minute Xtrain Ride. My knees love the lo impact cardio and I enjoy the exhilaration I get from it. So the hardest part for me with the bands were the legs and triceps. I was chuckling because after I did calves and started on the triceps, my calves just decided to start talking back to me. I told them to settle down because it was triceps turn. Needless to say, I enjoyed using the bands and feel stretched and worked.
The calf work wasn’t easy!

Debinmi

Cathlete
I started on Tuesday as Monday was "shovel-max" & a lengthy stretch cuz my body was stiff. Bi's/Tris on Tuesday along with Rear Delts & Core. Was able to do all of Tabatacise today - my style (lower impact & lower step) along with Total Body Stretch #1. Planning on Leg Day tomorrow, but it'll also be a "shovel-max" day so we'll see how it goes.

Great start everyone! As Cathe might say "keep on X-Training".

jaypea

Cathlete
I did Chest, Back, Shoulders today. I love the XTrain series too! My main goal this month is to rein in my eating. I eat healthy foods, but I got away from tracking. I just joined MFP for the year, and I like the details this version provides, although the free version is good too. I’ve been tracking since Sunday. Today, I got off track. But, that’ll happen sometimes. I ordered the long bands, and they should be here by Friday. I’ve been pushing back the band workouts till I get them. Not sure what I’ll do tomorrow.

katie lee

Cathlete
I did Chest, Back, Shoulders today. I love the XTrain series too! My main goal this month is to rein in my eating. I eat healthy foods, but I got away from tracking. I just joined MFP for the year, and I like the details this version provides, although the free version is good too. I’ve been tracking since Sunday. Today, I got off track. But, that’ll happen sometimes. I ordered the long bands, and they should be here by Friday. I’ve been pushing back the band workouts till I get them. Not sure what I’ll do tomorrow.
I did the same workout. It Is my favorite series. You will enjoy the bands and loops For resistance training.

jaypea

Cathlete
I did low impact hiit from next week’s schedule. I’ll do the ab work later in the day. I got a message from Amazon that my bands won’t be delivered? They are sending out a new set. I didn’t order Cathe ones, but a set that looks like them. Hopefully they will be here soon!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.