ICE 2...Who's In?

I forgot to ask this, Cathe , please can you have a little less shoulder work in your workouts?

And others might ask for less chest work and push ups, so how about we agree on a well-rounded routine with a balanced approach to each upper body muscle group and everyone just do as much as they want and then stop, or do a section twice because they want more? Shoulders, along with hips, probably the most important joints in the entire body ... wanna keep these strong and fluid.

Clare

Thanks Everyone! I have ideas of my own of how I see this series going but I didn't post them because I don't want them to influence your ideas. This series is going to be A_W_E_S_O_M_E!!! Keep your ideas coming. They all help to shape the big picture!
YAY!!!! Would like to see resistance core, heavy weights, medium weights, traditional gym style, short blasts! So excited!!!! Some good stretching sessions would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathe, your ICE series was brilliantly done. From the BBs to the MMs to the cute, punny play on words :), it was SUCH a versatile, accomodating series. So, um, yeah, I'm in. :D

I'm not full of good ideas like so many above me, but my likes, of which are random and not made with the word "intermediate" in mind :) are:

1. MMs were awesome. Please stick with upper body ones, though, I would not turn my nose up at a lower body one. :)
  2. I second more purely strength workouts, esp. upper body; I can NEVER have too many Cathe strength WOs. :D Not sure if that would be possible if you keep UB MMs...
  3. Like @BlakKat, I would LOVE to see hip thrusters in one of your workouts! Every series since XTrain, I wonder why they're not included! :)
  4. I'm always going to want a kickboxing WO. :D
  5. I love HIIT WOs, so I'd really like to see one in ICE 2.
  6. I'd love floorwork to be in some of the WOs, as well, perhaps some barre also.
  7. I love using my barbell, so I'd love to see one appear in one of the WOs. :) Esp. in the form of a high rep one.
I hope you won't mind me chiming in again if I think of additional likes. (I'm tired, and my brain is at "half mast" right now. :) )
Some great ideas!!!! I'd like some hard core work with resistance in addition!!

I LOVE ICE and can't wait to see what you have in store for us for ICE 2!!

That being said, one thing I would like to see more of is a Low Impact HiiT using the step. Now that I am over 40 with a bad knee and a herniated disc in my back, I really need low impact moves.

I love the step section in XTrain All Out Low Impact HiiT, Low Impact Series Athletic Training (step section and the compound legs/shoulders on step), Low Impact Series Bonus Bootcamp, blast section in Low Impact Series Low Impact Step, blasts in LowMax, step cardio blasts in Low Impact Circuit... All of these step sections really get my heart rate up without the impact. Actually, if you could just put all of those sections onto ONE DVD I will be happy! LOL

Last edited:
I'm so happy to hear you are thinking of doing ICE 2. I love all the workouts on ICE and really liked the extra blasts that can be added on to the regular workouts to make them harder. I love kickboxing so something like Rock'em Sock'em would be awesome. Please also keep the same type of premixes. One additional request I would make is that the music mix be the same as ICE 1. In Fit Split, for some reason the music is more muted and I can barely hear it. I like the music to be louder like in ICE or Strong & Sweaty or Xtrain to motivate me. Thanks Cathe!

If it is going to be ICE2, with muscle meltdowns and blizzard blasts, I’d like to see premixes with the MM first. I like doing my strength routines on separate days but when doing both, I do cardio second.

Cathe, I would love to see another fun step workout. I also have a request....please slow down in your weight lifting--especially for the lower body. What we may lose in cardio we would gain in toning if there was time to use full range of motion. As I am over 40, I just can't lunge at a quick pace. If the reps were slowed down a bit I could use full range of motion and get more out of the exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cathe, I would love to see another fun step workout. I also have a request....please slow down in your weight lifting--especially for the lower body. What we may lose in cardio we would gain in toning if there was time to use full range of motion. As I am over 40, I just can't lunge at a quick pace. If the reps were slowed down a bit I could use full range of motion and get more out of the exercise.

momrn-I second this!! Since RWHIT series Cathe’s speed on weight lifting is too fast in my opinion. (ESP with the heavy weight selection) I always have to lift at my own pace cuz Cathe’s is just too fast for my liking. To get full range of motion and without using momentum it’s critical to go at a slower pace. While it’s great to have an elevated heart rate, I prefer to do cardio for that. With that said, I adore Cathe and her crew and anything she releases will be gold! Can’t wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great!

As somebody also mentioned above, I also would like to have a scene in the windows, if possible.

I’d also LOVE a version of slow and heavy for intermediates...whether it’s the length of the workout that lowers the intensity or that lighter weights are used than in the original S&H.

And I’m another one who would love to see primarily low impact moves with the modifier showing high impact. The low impact HiiT from this series is a favorite (the one w/o the step).

And as if that weren’t enough, it would be great if the workouts (not including add ons) were 40 mins or less.

Good luck in your creation process!

I would love to see more lower body focus. I'm sorted with anything upper body it's just the legs (Hamstrings in particular) and the glute region that I struggle to find many options for in the entire Cathe collection. If more options for a lower body focus was in the pipeline, sliders and loops make for a fantastic and fresh approach.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.