I ran my first offical 10K race today!

bayerngirl

Cathlete
I ran my first offical 10K race today (my only race) with a full blown sinus infection. It has been a goal of mine for a while to run a 10km race. Since I had developed the sinus problems following my surgery last year, i feared that i would not get there. Two weeks ago our base announced a 10km run in honor of the FALLEN from the tragedy of 9-11. This morning my DH and I registered at 0700 and the run started at 0911. It started at our fitness complex and we ran along what we call Tank Trails where our Soldiers train, very appropriate. It was a large crowed of runners, joggers, walkers and families. The weather was cool (lpw 60's) and the sky was foggy. By the end of the race the fog had lifted, the sun came out and we finished the race. My DH and I ran the entire distance together, there were many hills (way to many) and it was very challenging, but we finished. I didn't care about the time or speed so much, all I wanted was to finish the race.I ran slow! I have been running 10K's for the last few months now, but running a 10K real race was different. LOL! I am very proud to say I didn't come in last. Most of the runners were young soldiers, of course they blew by me away, lol! I took me 66 min. :confused: I know it's low!

I need a 2nd sinus surgery very soon, I already have the papers to get admitted to the hospital for the last 2 weeks:eek:. I told my DH when we left the ENT clince in Regensburg 2 weeks ago, I will finish STS! Everytime I am doing STS, I get sick or end up in the hospital! I am doing Cathe's STS/SC rotatation, next week I will start M3 W4 . I am soooo close to finishing STS as is (no doubling up, or catching up on wo), for the first time! I am not quitting now;)I have one more week left. I will finish it!:p I feel so good about myself today for running my first 10K race, and finishing STS this year!:)

Congratulations!
smiley-happy036.gif

That's very impressive! I'm pretty sure a 10K would kill me. :p

Way to go, Belinda! congratulations.

Good luck with the surgery. I hope your recover quickly and kick off the sinus issue.

Belinda - Awesome job on that 10K1 1:06 is a very good pace! Hey, especially running sick! I"m impressed! When I'm sick, I tend to whine and not be able to do anything! Great work!

STS is tough to get through without any glitches since it's such a long program! Congrats on finishing that too (in advance)! I love STS!

You've got great physical stamina and mental strength to finish what you started under any circumstances!

Good luck with your surgery! I hope this is the last time you have to go under the knife!

Way to go Belinda!!!
19.gif
Running with a sinus infection cannot be easy! Good job too on your nearing completion with STS!!! I hope the next sinus surgery takes care of the issue!...:)

Belinda, GREAT job!!! :D Your time is great, faster than I would be running when I'm healthy (I'm not a runner!). Congrats for all your hard work and dedication!:cool:

I don't even want to get out of bed when I have a sinus infection!!!!

Truly amazing. Way to go! And what a special way to remember those who lost their lives on 9/11 . . . I love that the race started at 0911 hours.

Congratulations on your first run!!! Feels great doesn't it??;) You should feel especially accomplished considering you were sick and had such a challenging coarse. You truly are an inspiration!:D

Congrats!!! And with a sinus infection? You must be nuts:p:) All for a good cause, too. Most awesomeness!!

Your husband is military, right? Tell him "thank you" :)

Nan

Thanks everyone, for your kind comments and get well wishes! You all inspire and motivate me each and every day. I have to admit, at first I was a little disappointed in my time, I know I could have done better:rolleyes: but I am still proud of this 47 year old, for finishing a 10K race. I was the oldest female running the race too. I know I will run another race after my sinus surgery. It was a lot of fun. Oh, boy my legs are so sore from all those hills, lol!

Thanks again everyone, for your support! It means a lot to me!

Nan - Thank you! DH is in the Army for almost 30 years!

My best to all.

Congratulations Belinda! AWESOME job! I bet it felt great to cross that finish line & how fun to do it with your hubby too! (Thank him for me too!) What a great cause!

Less then a week to go with STS! Isn't it THE BEST? We can't wait for the Total Body STS workout!

Again, congrats on a job well done!

thCongrat252525257ESLIDE.gif

Congratulations Belinda! AWESOME job! I bet it felt great to cross that finish line & how fun to do it with your hubby too! (Thank him for me too!) What a great cause!

Less then a week to go with STS! Isn't it THE BEST? We can't wait for the Total Body STS workout!

Again, congrats on a job well done!

thCongrat252525257ESLIDE.gif

Thank you so much Debbie!:D Two more disc and I am done with STS! I am so close! I am very excited about the new workouts.

That's awesome! I wouldn't be able to do a 10K healthy, let alone with a sinus infection. And good luck with STS! Work to failure! Don't give up! :)

Megan

Congrats! That's an awesome time! Mine was waaaay longer on my first 10K (over 70 min if I remember correctly LOL). Great work!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.