I JUST DID 75 PULL-UPS!!! I am in love...

Sorry for shouting, but I AM SO EXCITED!!! It was ME - I did them! All by myself!!! Not jumping to the bar, no chair for assistance - it was all my own upper body strength!!! I am absolutely beside myself right now - completely and totally in disbelief that I did it BUT I TOTALLY DID!!! I am doing a kettlebell rotation right now, Enter the Kettlebell, and today is Heavy Day - it calls for 5 rounds with 15 pull-ups in each round and I did every.single.one!!! :eek::D:D:D:D:D

Can you tell that I am soooo super excited!!!??? I didn't think that I was capable of doing anything like this, and I am SO AMAZED at my strength gains in this program. I love Russia, home of KBs and Pavel. Pavel Tsatsouline is the freakin' man and if I ever meet him I am totally gonna' kiss him. My hubby probably will too because my abs are awesome now.

I sound like an advertisement, lol. :p But this is the greatest program I have ever done ever for strength. Ever. All the swinging has also taken minutes off of my 3k and 2 mile runs - for the first time in my life I am running under 9:40 minutes miles (I was under 9 minutes last time I clocked). If kettlebells were a man, I'd marry them.

I had to come here and glow because I know that you guys would appreciate the hard work and effort it takes and the incomperable feeling of reaching a goal and breaking a plateau. :D

Melissa

Excellent work Melissa! I'm so proud of you! That takes a lot of strength and it looks like you've found the right formula! So, kudos! You should be excited and tell the whole world! Well, at least the part that understands and will listen - like us!

Again, congratulations and keep it up!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is freaking AWESOME!!!!!

I heart kettlebells, too, and I'm intrigued by ETK. I want that book!!

Missy, can you tell us more about the rotation you're doing? How many days are you working out? Are you doing anything cardio workouts on top the of kettlebell workouts?

ETA that I noticed there's an ETK DVD, too? Do you have it or just the book? Would it be worth it to get the DVD? I have one of Anthony's clinic DVD's and I didn't know if ETK would be similar.

Last edited:
Amazing girl! You should be proud. :D I'd be shouting if I could do 1 pull-up. :eek: I think it's time for me to pull out my KBs again. ;)

Just WOW! Awesome stuff! So proud of you! You should be shouting for at least a week! You totally rock!

WOW!!!! I am shouting too, for you!!! Can´t even imagine 75! And the kettlebells improved your speed? How´s that? I kind of decided not to get into the kettlebells, but am rethinking that after your post. More info, por favor!!

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've decided pull ups are my next goal. I did 1 3/4 last night and was proud of that. I will go back in my corner now ;):p But look out, I'm going to catch up!!!!!!

You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nan

AWESOME ! ! !

Don't think I could do one round let alone 5 !

Nice, very nice job !

Will be checking back to see your rotation . . . :rolleyes:

Wow, Melissa! That is AMAZING! What an accomplishment! You have worked so hard and have gotten great results. :):):) Congratulations!

Erica

Congratulations....75 Quite Impressive...Kettle bells are the best. They force you to use your entire body...hip drive helps to improve your speed. You should tell anyone who will listen to you....definitely earned bragging rights!

We're not worthy, we're not worthy!

I bow down before the pull up master! Hot damn, girl!

Okay, I want all the details about Enter the Kettlebell - don't leave anything out! I'm strong as hell and I can't do a single damned pull up!

Thank you so much everyone, I knew that you'd "get it"! :D

Michele, I only have the book but I am also using the workbook sold on Art of Strength that accompanies it. You do the workout using the same exercises 3 days a week: a Light, Medium and Heavy day and you have two Variety and two rest days. For my Variety days I will usually run or kickbox (kickboxing uses your core bunches, too, or at least that's my justification) and add in some push-ups. I am not really obeying what they say to do for Variety, which is Newport. :eek: It's just too much for me. I am still active on rest days though, like walking the dogs or doing stretching.

pugw, I bet you could do it!!! I never in a billion years thought I could say I could do 20 pull-ups without assistance. But I dreamed of 20. :0)

Deanie and Jane, everyone needs to know how inspirational, helpful and encouraging you guys are! I am in a check-in with these guys and they are THE BEST! Also a shout-out to Gayle, Marcy and Rhonda!

lala1, Kettlebells really, really, REALLY strengthen your entire core and back and doing exercises like Turkish Get-Ups strengthen the muscles you use for pull-ups. In addition I think it is also the way the rotation is set up that helped me a lot, and the "don't work to failure" rule. That is key.

Nan, you are about where I was when I started! :)

Morningstar, all I can tell you is GET IT! :p You really focus on 2 exercises: swings and Turkish Get-ups, in the beginning of the program for 4 weeks, and once 4 weeks is up you work on an 8 week rotation focusing on 2 other exercises: cleans and presses and pull-ups. You wouldn't think that doing only 2 exercises would do much, but these exercises work EVERYTHING, and work it GOOD. I only have 2 weeks left now until I have completed the program. I have never EVER stuck to any rotation, and I have been doing this since January 4. It has a zero boredom factor.

hfischler, girl you already know I do! :D:D:D

Erica, are you going to try? ;)

Thanks again guys! You all really can do it, seriously! I never thought I could, and when I did this exact same workout last week I was only able to do a few rounds without having to grab a chair for support. Maybe it was the Moroccan food and Spanish wine I had last night... :p

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.