I canceled my STS order

I'm just sorry people are having to make these choices. The economy is scary out there right now with the price of gas. I own a health club and I've had a decrease in membership and increase in expenses. I'm not getting a paycheck right now. I'm hoping to be able to build my membership base with some heavy marketing but a gym membership is one of the first things people cut when they need the money. It's a shame too because these are ladies who *need* to exercise and stay healthy. It's good for them in the long run. Of course there are cheap ways to stay in shape like walking or jogging but doing resistance training makes the bones stronger and women in my demographic need that.

That being said, I'm proud of you for making the decision to be responsible with your money. It will pay off and hopefully you have another other Cathe's to keep you in good shape.

I'm sorry you had to cancel, but it's not good you know your financial limits. If you still want STS, I'm sure you can find it on Ya Ya trade board. There will be some who bought it and can't use it.

I don't know if someone mentioned this, but there is a check-in thread on video fitness forum where a group of women created a STS rotation using existing Cathe workouts.

There have been many weeks I've done my own workouts without using video instructions. You can create endless workouts on your own for free, or copy them from hundreds of popular trainers on www.bodybuilding.com or http://figureathlete.com/

I cancelled my order, too, a couple months ago, due to financial reasons (and also because I had foot surgery back in March and I was feeling discouraged about my diminished exercise abilities and slow healing progress). Yesterday I just reordered it (and now, of course, it costs more than it did when I ordered it in the first place). I'm financing my purchase by selling a few things on ebay. That's my newest way of being able to buy things that I want for myself, without feeling like I'm spending family money. I've also made money for the kids that way, when they've wanted extra money that I didn't have to give them. Just a suggestion! :)

Chere

Joining the club...

The had-to-cancel-STS-to-pay-bills Club, that is. :p I came close to having to cancel a couple months ago, and then it looked like I could keep it. But, sadly, I wasn't able to keep it afterall.

When the possibility first came up I was really upset and disappointed about *maybe* having to cancel, but then by the time that I really did have to cancel I had made a peace about it. I decided that since I won't have STS for quite awhile that as soon as I could afford it I would buy myself either the Pyramids or GS:Legs. I'm leaning towards the Pyramids, though! :D

I wish that no Catheite had to cancel STS...it looks like an amazingly well designed system...but luck for us Cathe has already put out a BIG bunch of fabulous and effective workouts for us to master.

It's nice to know that I'm not alone on this cancellation.... :)

I was sick this past week and I was actually playing with the idea of canceling my preorder also as I would like to try out some Kettlebells.

It's just taking way too long and even if I get the KB I still can have money left over .

So how does one cancel a preorder anyway?

I'm sorry you had to cancel. It's very likely you will find the set on ebay a couple months after it is released.

I am tempted to cancel too simply because I don't half the equipment I would need to do it. I already have a ten dollar monthly gym membership so I wouldn't go out and buy the equipment. In the meantime, I am fortunate enough to have a roof over my head, food and medical care and I can handle cutting out some of my creature comforts (such as STS). Such wasn't the case during the Depression.

I have also just cancelled my STS order - today in fact.

My little boy kitty blocked twice in the last month - the latest being just this past Sunday and kitty health trumps more DVDs.

Oh well, I've got plenty of other workouts to keep me busy.

Sigh.

I'm not canceling mine because I really do need it and it's long been paid for but I feel everyone's pain. Anyone here who's read my posts recently knows of my $ woes. After I get my situation resolved I'll never use a credit card again. I have zero faith in banks and have decided cash-only-or-forget-it is the way to go.

I canceled my order last week. We just cannot afford it, and I can I justify spending that much money on something when we need things like groceries and gas (dont even get me started on the gas prices).

I am beginning to wonder how middle class America is ever going to make it through these tough times. Just thought I would vent to people who understand how much it hurt to cancel that order!

Mindy
Hi Mindy,

I know what you mean, it is difficult to make ends meet. I have kept my pre order of STS but am selling many of the DVDs that I have and don't use enough. If they all do sell this will make up for the money I have spend on STS. Most of the workout DVDs I buy now are used from Amazon or DDD and very reasonable in price. There a lot of good workouts out there that are not to expensive. So we have a lot of options.

Another topic, THRIFT SHOPS
These are great to find clothes, pocketbooks, appliances, housewares and many other items. It is always hit or miss but I have found some great deals at these places. Where else can you leave the store with a big bag full of clothes and items for $10.00?

Cindy

These are great to find clothes, pocketbooks, appliances, housewares and many other items. It is always hit or miss but I have found some great deals at these places. Where else can you leave the store with a big bag full of clothes and items for $10.00?

Cindy

I am a huge fan of goodwill. My daughter and I treat it like a treasure hunt. Sometimes you don't find much, but other times you can find great stuff for very low prices. We had a dressy party to go to last fall and I dressed all three kids for less than $25! (not including shoes.)

Jodi,

You are right, goodwill is great for those who have kids too. I recently bought two cashmere sweaters for $3.00 each at a thrift shop. We have a lot of Salvation Army thrift shops around and I find great things there. It is always worth going there first before going to a store and paying store prices. I don't find any fitness DVDs though.

Cindy

I have also considered canceling my STS order. I am a college student and on a tight budget. The only thing that is keeping me from doing it is I am afraid that I will want it later and end up paying more for it anyway. I have been going to a local gym with one of my friends as her guest and they are having a great deal on memberships with a 29 dollar start up fee and only 10 dollars a month after that. I am thinking of doing that and giving my home workouts a break for a while which gives me all the more reason to cancel. I just have no desire to do my home weights (weights used to be my favorite thing to do I loved the Gym Styles when they first came out) but enjoy doing weights when I work out in the gym. It has nothing to do with the quality of workouts it is just I have been lifting weights at home for five years now and doing basically the same DVDs (PUB, GS, S&H, 4DS, and Amy Bento's SM) so I think I just need some variety. If I am already paying for a gym membership it seems more budget friendly for me to make my own STS like rotation in the gym. Maybe I will end up being one of the many people who just use home workouts for cardio and do my weights at the gym. However maybe after a few months of gym workouts I will get bored with that and miss doing weights at home. Right now I am on the fence and still deciding what I want to do.

I also love thrift shopping. There is one thrift store in my area that gets shipments from one of my favorite stores. Most of my clothing either comes from thrift stores or discount stores such as Ross's. It is usually hit or miss at those sort of places but if you have the time to do some digging and inspect things before you buy them you can really find some great deals.

We have a local thrift store whose proceeds go to a battered women's shelter. I'm all too happy to donate to them.

I've also been on the receiving end, back when we didn't even have enough money to afford Walmart prices. I was (and still am) so very thankful for those who donated to thrift stores and/or kept them in business. I remember getting newborn tees for .10 a piece ~ what a gift!

Goodwill & Salvation Army

Hi Mindy,

I know what you mean, it is difficult to make ends meet. I have kept my pre order of STS but am selling many of the DVDs that I have and don't use enough. If they all do sell this will make up for the money I have spend on STS. Most of the workout DVDs I buy now are used from Amazon or DDD and very reasonable in price. There a lot of good workouts out there that are not to expensive. So we have a lot of options.

Cindy

I've gotten some great stuff at GW & SA & other thrift stores - big name brand stuff that I never could have afforded new. Lots of times you can get new with tags items, too. Then there's the clearance racks at Kohls......! Outlet malls are great, too. The VF stores at Prime Outlets are great - I like the one at the Grove City, PA Prime Outlet mall.

Is there a place to cancel the order or do you just send an email?
I've decided to cancel my order also. The exercises look so much like all her others. I'm needing something different!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.