Hardcore Series

Annie973

I am thinking about buying the entire Hardcore series. I was wondering what other people thought about the series. Is it worth buying all the workouts so you get a discount? Or should I just buy a few at a time? For the people that do have the whole series do you like all the workouts or just a couple of them? Any feedback would be great!

That's a good question actually. I buy them one or two at a time, but I'm discovering that eventually I'm gonna have darn near all of her DVDs, so buying the bundle would have saved me a good chunk of cash.

I have the Gym Styles and Hardcore Extreme, and I'm eyeing Low Max & Muscle Max. So far, I love every DVD purchased.

I bought the whole set at once to save money and have not regretted it at all. It is a little bit difficult to not do every DVD as soon as you get it, but I started with a Gym Styles rotation, then added in Low Max, Kick Max and Imax3. Then started working with Muscle Max and High Step. As needed I added in Core Max and Stretch Max. Didn't do Extreme until last. Of all the DVDs I could probably live without Core Max and Stretch Max, but they are still really good and I love all of the rest of the set. Sorry for rambling a bit. Good luck,

I have all of them except Stretch Max, Hardcore Extreme and IMax 3. With all of the other Dvd's that I have of Cathe's I just don't feel a need to get them. I already have Imax 1 and 2 and they both kick my butt. The HC Extreme is a compilation of four workouts of which I have 3 already and stretch max honestly didn't appeal to me that much. I know alot of people love the IMAX 3 and the HC extreme but it boils down to what your own goals are. Out of all of the remaining HC dvds I have in this series I will almost always use GS, all three workouts, MM and Lowmax. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Sorry for rambling also.

Annette

I also have the entire set. I bought the majority of them at once thinking I didn't want StretchMax or Hardcore Extreme. While at the RT I bought them both. I would say buy the bundle you'll love them all. And it gives you so many options!!
Enjoy

This is probably my favorite of all of Cathe's series. I'd go for it. You can't go wrong with any of Cathe's w/o's but this series is particularly good, IMHO. :)

I also have the entire set and I love them all. This is probably my favorite series (especially the Gym Styles). Cathe included pretty much everything in this series. I liked the music and the variety of exercises in these. The only thing I wasn't crazy about in this series was the premixes. They were kind of choppy and in the Gym Styles, she didn't give you enough time to prepare for the next exercise.

Marcy

I would buy the bundle package. It is definitely worth it!! This is probably my favorite series also. You won't regret having all of them!

I love this series and bought them at the presale. The only one I don´t use regularly is stretch max, but I hang on to it because there are days!!!!

I intensely love this series - the only ones I don't have are Harcore Extreme, StretchMax and HighStep - so I might as well have bought them all at once - all of the ones that I do have I love and use them a lot - I think they are pretty indispensable.

I bought the whole series and it was a mistake. I've only used the three-day split (GSBSB, GSCT, GSL), Core Max, and Low Max seriously but, now that I get my cardio and all my lower body work strictly from Cardio Coach I don't even use GSL or LM anymore (though I can see re-integrating them in the future, particularly GSL). I can't say enough about the usefulness of CoreMax, though. When I haven't worked my core in awhile my back aches. Most people lean toward split style (3 day or 4 day) heavy weight workouts OR circuit. If you're into one you probably have no use for the other. Personally, I'm a weights girl so I have no need for Muscle Max and IMAX3 is a seriously high-impact cardio routine (for cheerleaders, I always say, and I'm way past cheerleader age). And I think kickboxing is a real drag. HOWEVER, fitness is a very individual thing. Lots of women love high impact cardio with loads of plyos and plenty of posters here adore kickboxing (though most seem to prefer Kick, Punch, Crunch over KickMax, I've noticed). It helps if you know what you like and what results you're after. Otherwise, you'll quickly find out why they call those dvd covers DUST jackets.

Just did IMAX 3 and CoreMax 1 this morning! Afterwards, I was reminding myself that I should do CoreMax much more often. I could finally do levitation holds! Yep, pretty proud of myself! I didn't buy it as presale and have been accumulating over time. The only ones I don't have are GS Legs and StretchMax. Still would like to acquire GS Legs, but felt with B&G and L&Gs it wasn't such a priority. I should do yoga, but I really don't like it, so I haven't gotten StretchMax. I definitely recommend it, and if you can swing it, just do what I should have done -get the whole thing.

Cookie

I got the whole series and don't regret getting any of the workouts. I haven't done them for a while because I've been doing the 4DS and the set of workouts that came before that. I'm anxiously waiting for STS but if it takes much longer I'll start doing a Hardcore rotation. My least favorites are the High Step and Kickbox workouts but I still do them. I love Stretchmax and feel it's a real treat to add it to the end of a workout. Coremax is great too. I love the option of what equipment I use for those two.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.