Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for September 2022!!

Did you all see that Cathe is starting filming today for STS 2!!! This excites me if it is similar to the first one, but something tells me she will be doing a lot of compound exercises/metabolic exercises in it since that is what she does lately. Today was Body Beast Bulk Arms and ABS and had an excellent workout. This workout was full of Progressive Sets and even though I was using lite weights, I was feeling it by the time I got to the last set. Workout was 56 minutes and I burned 389 calories.

Standing Bicep Curls Progressive Set-
10's x 15
12's x 12
15's x 8
15's x 8
12's x 12
10's x 15

Overhead Triceps Ext. Seated-
8's x 15
10's x 12
12's x 8
10's x 8

BB Curls 1 count up, 3 counts down-
25# BB x 5, x 5, x 5, x 5, x 5 in between sets do not drop the bar, keep holding it

Lying Triceps Ext.-
10's x 15
12's x 12
15's x 8
12's x 8

Conc. Hammer Curls Progressive Set-
10# x 15
12# x 12
15# x 8
15# x 8
12# x 12
10# x 15

1 Arm Triceps Kickbacks-
5# x 15
8# x 12
10# x 8
10# x 8
8# x 12
5# x 15 (These were tuff stuff, I thought I went to lite at the beginning but nope!)

ABS Body Beast Build, wow is all I can say. I do not think I will get injured during these workouts because they are slow and controlled. I looked back at my workout calendars over the years, and I only started getting hurt when Cathe came out with her live workouts. They are too fast for me; this type of lifting is much better for me and my body.

Debbie, great job on the workout and wow on using 2# dumbbells in your hands! I love this program so much and I am already seeing results. I have about 10#s to lose and when I do, I will look great with the muscle that I am building. I will not lift too heavy; I will not push myself to where I get hurt. I know my limitations now and I will be mindful of it.

Belinda, great job on the workout for upper body. I like more traditional style lifting, it just suits my issues better than the newer types of workouts.

Cam, way to go on getting so much exercising in yesterday, I bet you slept great!

Diane Sue, nice job with the step workout yesterday. I have a question for you but do not answer it if it is too personal. I know you had a breast surgery one time; I was wondering if you had a breast lift? I am thinking about getting one because now that i am through menopause, I look horrible, so saggy and not what I envision myself to look like. If you did, how was the recovery and is it really expensive? I think I will book a consultation and see what it entails. I do not want implants; I want to be smaller and lifted. My body rejects a lot of things so that would not be a good fit for me.

Roselyn, nice workout yesterday.

Roxie, I got my high blood pressure down almost 30 points in 2 weeks by taking these supplements. 40% Olive leaf, K2 with Mk5 and Mk7, reds drink with beets and B complex. No need for meds and it is perfect now, I just took a reading this morning.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Tomorrow my youngest son turns 21 years old, I cannot believe that both of my boys are grown adults.

This was a miserable morning again:rolleyes:. I got woke with the dog barking because someone was at the door. The electric company again! I ran and got dressed and looked and they were in the backyard and my sprinklers were running. Why they come at 7 am is beyond me. When I am up till 1am getting things done I do not want to answer the door. Then my poor dog had to wait to go outside. I sat in my chair so she did not think it was time to eat. She has a time clock built in for when things should happen. Finally at 9 oclock, I looked out and saw one of the guys sweatshirt lying there but no one around so went out with her on leash. Unfortunately they were around the corner so I had to rush her to the front yard as no way was she going to do anything as she was barking like crazy at them and the neighbor's dogs were helping. They did not leave till around 10. Finally got in a workout, but I am tired.
I did Raw Shoulders, 24 minutes, heart rate 95/119, 69 calories. I followed this with CDorner legs and abs bands and dumbbells, that is one from this week, 31 minutes, 76 calories, heart rate 90/110
I finished with CDorner Mobility outdoors in a tennis court, 22 minutes, heart rate 84/97, 44 calories. This was a bit hard because of all of the legs turns and from sitting to standing. Some of it I had to do slower and push off with a hand as my knee was not appreciating the twist and turns and getting up. Won't be a favorite for me. Total time was 77 minutes, 189 calories, 673 steps.
I hope my shoulders do not give me fits, but I think I went through the workout well. Still a bit tough even with 8# overhead press with my right arm.

Coffey Fit Raw Shoulders 24 minutes
paused a couple of times to make a note here and there
4 rounds of each exercise 8-10 reps Kelly uses 10,12,15,20# dbs (Kelly goes much heavier than me)
also a finisher is done of each exercise 10 reps no break
Upright Row- 8 reps 12# dbs;
shoulder press-8 reps 8# dbs
lateral raise 8 reps 8# dbs
bent over lateral raise 8 reps 8# dbs
front raise 8 reps 10# dbs

Upright Row- 8 reps 10# dbs;
bent over lateral raise 8 reps 10# dbs
front raise 8 reps 8# dbs

Finisher all moves done with 8# dbs 10 reps no rest (Kelly uses 10's)

CDorner Legs and Abs 3 rounds 45 seconds each move each rnd progresses a bit if wanted
Wall Sit 20# dbs
progressions add fabric band to all moves
forearm plank hold progression uses band step outs with full plank
deadlift 15# dbs then progressing with band other two rounds I used 20#dbs
double leg drop lying on back with band added for progressions
bridge 20# db on hips band added for progressions
crunch then progressions use band with reverse crunch and legs 90 degrees

Debbie, I am so sorry that your watch quit. Did you try turning it off and back on? I hope they make good on it for you. I have had mine for 3 years now with no problems. That was a first for my dog to bring a cicada in the house. I was wondering why she was keeping her head down and sneaking around the backside of the dining table to take her treasure to another room. Those things are loud! I don't mind chia seeds in my oatmeal. Sometimes I use flax seed. I warm mine for a few seconds before eating. Nice work with the heavy bag and shadow boxing. I have done that one once and it is fun. I have all of these cookbooks on my shelves and in my tablet and tend to go to Pinterest to find recipes. I have loads saved there that I like. I keep wondering why I buy those cookbooks. I bought a lot of Keto and Paleo Instant Pot downloaded cookbooks on Kindle app.

Belinda, glad that you got in Fuel Day 7 Upper Body. It really is hard to find good berries. Make sure you look for the Sweetest Batch in Driscolls. Most of the time berries are not that flavorful and not sweet. I wish raspberries were firmer as a lot of the time they are sort of mushy when I get them. I have to eat them right away. They do have a sweetest batch in blueberries as well. I only purchased them once and did not think there was enough difference for the cost. I liked the last few CDorner mobily stretches, but todays was just a bit hard on my knee. I like some of the twists and movement though. It is just she does those rolling legs side to side and then ends up with what is sort of like coming up in a turkish get up? I guess that is what you would call it.

Jolie, great job with Body Beast Arms and Abs. I do think compound fast paced workouts are a way to lose focus and injuries are more apt to happen. My youngest daughter had a breast reduction and what it sounds like you would like. It has been quite a long time ago. As she waited till she had my last grandchild. I think she took off a couple of weeks from work. It came out well and she was happy with it. I had the opposite problem. I went through Implant surgery 3 times with some repair work. I would say you have to allow a couple of months back to doing some workouts and take it easy as everything settles into place and heals. I think I did light non jarring cardio about 3 weeks out. I am sure you could probably walk not too far out. A consult would be good. Make sure the surgeon is a good one. My first was awful and that was where problems began.

Jolie - awesome job on the BB Arms and abs. I am trying to be carful with my shoulder, which as acting up again. My joints are hurting lately. I like Caroline's workouts your controlled.

Diane - I have to take Sadie for her shots and groomer tomorrow. I will stop at Whole Foods and pick some berries up. I am already starting to pack. Well, at least think about what I will bring to the beach. I am debating if I want to bring DB's? We have a suit with full kitchen and living room. Plenty of space to workout. Maybe I try Caroline's workouts with bands/pull up bands and loops only? I don't know yet? Or maybe take a break completely from working out? Great job on your workouts.

Reactions: WD
Good Evening,

I went for a walk in 100 degrees while my husband had his yearly physical.

Jolie-my blood pressure is to low usually 90/60 or 70/60 so we are trying to get it up while trying to get my heart rate down

Today I did a 30 min. Michelle Briehler lower body and tonight took the dog on a 1.5 mile walk. Really humid and muggy tonight. Blech. It makes me tired, but gotta watch The Cleaning Lady before bed. I got hooked on that last season.

Good workouts everyone!

Today I did Kelly's RAW Weights 1 and had an excellent workout. I really love this workout. I was even able to do the leg portion. I haven't done the leg portion of this workout since last December. My knees are doing ok, not 100% but at least I can do a little leg work now.

Tabata style, 25 seconds on/10 seconds off. 8 rounds each exercise.

Biceps
Dumbbell Curls:
12's (4 rounds)
Hammer Curls: 12's(4 rounds)
(alternated between the two)
BW Squats

Shoulders
Shoulder Press:
20# (used only one dumbbell so it was more of a front shoulder exercises) - 4 rounds
Upright Row: 15# (one arm at a time) - 4 rounds
(alternated between the two)
BW Alternate Lunges

Back
Lawnmowers:
15# (alternating sides)
BW Curtsy Lunges

Triceps
Overhead Triceps Extensions:
12# (4 rounds)
Alternating Kickbacks: 8# (4 rounds)
(Alternated between the two)

Lower Body
Squats:
10's (4 rounds)
Curtsy Squats: 10's (4 rounds)
(Alternate between the two)

Chest
Dumbbell Flies:
15's
Dumbbell Press: 15's
(Alternated between the two)

Planks: Skipped due to time

Abs
Crunches
Reverse Crunch

Workout was 53 minutes, burned 421 calories (holy moly!), did 528 steps and HR WAS 134/168.

Belinda - I need to find a good blueberry protein shake recipe. I used to make a really good chocolate one that used blueberries but I can't seem to recreate it. I need to search for that. Have you made anything good lately? I made carrot dogs from a recipe I found on Youtube by some vegan eater and they are so good. So easy, too, only thing is they need to marinate for 2 days.Worth it, so good after you grill them up. If you'd like to try them, let me know and I'll share the video.

Jolie - You are probably right, the new STS will be all compound and cardio moves. I also agree about her live workouts that cause some of us pain. However, Kelly does a lot of those kinds of workouts and I don't seem to have issues doing hers. Weird. Anyways, I'll keep my eye on the STS workouts and see if I might want to get them. Highly doubt it, but maybe. Great job with Beast Arms! Holy moly, that was an excellent workout. Are you actually watching the DVD's? I have a hard time with all the testosterone talk that goes on, but I find it funny as well.

Diane - So sorry about your messed up morning, that is so annoying when stuff like that happens. How did you like RAW Shoulders? Are you ok today after doing it? I'm waiting for all of them to be put up and then I'll do all of the workouts for a week. My watch's battery was totally dead, I had no idea. I charged it on Thursday and usually it lasts a good 6 days. It said 48% when I looked at that evening so I didn't bother to charge it. Then by 2 a.m. it was totally dead. So weird. I even plugged it in before I started my workout but for some reason it didn't charge so I didn't think it was a battery problem. Glad that's all it was.

Roxie - 100 degrees! Wow!! We will see 90 today and then it drops to the low 60's for the next several days. I'm thinking fall is finally here. Great job with the walk in that heat!!

Cam - I've been wanting to watch The Cleaning Lady. It looks good, all the commercials for it make me want to watch it. I never seem to have time for TV, though. I recorded Monarch and still haven't watched the premier.

Have a great day everyone!

I did a Hannah Eden kettlebell hiit workout this morning. It was good but she talked a lot about how to do the complexes which is a bummer when your HR drops like that.

I did cave an ordered a rowing machine off amazon!! I got a Sunny model that seems like it gets decent reviews so we'll see how I like it and what I think!! It will take about a week to get here. I saw some on marketplace but the price difference between used and new for the Sunny line is insignificant and I'd rather have a bit of a warranty.

I saw Cathe's filming 2.0 now - I'm only going to do on demand for this series - everything is streaming now and I have all these DVDS on my shelves collecting dust! Oh well! But I'm excited to see what the series looks like - I just haven't followed a series in a really long time!

Today I did Coffeyfit raw step boxing, 28 minutes, heart rate 114/142, 117 calories, 2,396 steps. I also did Raw hi/lo:step37 minutes, heart rate 128/132, 184 calories, 3,915 steps. I really needed stretching as I woke up and knee tried to give out for a bit, low back and shoulders hurt. I did CDorner neck and back mobility stretch with a few minutes on the foam roller, 38 minutes, heart rate 76/100, 56 calories.
Total time 93 minutes, 357 calories, 6,311 steps. I will come back in a bit to read posts and comment. My internet was put all evening last night. I guess they got it fixed in the middle of the night. I had more time for housework though:D:p

Last edited:
Hi,

I did FUEL Series 30 Min POSTERIOR CHAIN Circuits Workout | Day 8 in-between Sadie's vet appointment and groomer appointment. I had an hour time, I figured I get my workout out the way.

Debbie - I haven't found any good protein shakes I really like. If I came across I need a good blueberry protein shake recipe, I will let you know. Well, last week I accidentally clicked on the reactivating bottom from FOK. The guy was so nice, he is willing to give me the rate I payed when I original signed up. I figured, I give it another try. I been trying a lot of recipes from FOK's that are easy and only 5 stars. Yes, I made the carrot hotdog so many times. FOK has a good recipes too. DD once made one that was marinated. Please, sent the recipes. I am always trying to find good ones.

Doreen - I am excited for Cathe's new series. I am not sure, if I buy dvd's + downloads or downloads only. Maybe I go and just try them On Demand? I need more details. I hardly use dvd's anymore. I am still glad I have them.

Diane - great job on your workout today.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Have a great day.

Belinda, maybe a break would be good for you. You will probably still get in plenty of walking. Otherwise, I would take bands. I have been really liking bands and tubing. Kelly has some workouts like that too and just recently did a tubing travel workout on her Raw channel. Maybe you could just save some on YouTube. As long as you have wifi that is good. Our last outing, I had to use data to use my cell and tablet. They had wifi in the main inn, but the cottage did not seem to have a set up but did have cable tv. I did not workout though as it was only a couple of days. I am waiting till I do my next Whole Foods order to get berries. Walmart shoppers do not always pick decent fruit. One time they said there were no blueberries.

Roxie, that does seem odd with the heart rate and the blood pressure. My heart rate never gets very high. You can tell that with my workouts. I suppose that is good. I would not take a walk in 100-degree weather unless there was some wind, then maybe.

Cam, I saw some previews for The Cleaning Lady the other day. I just don't get into many of those series shows. Once in a while my husband and I will find one that is older and get interested and then have a binge watch. Muggy weather does seem to zap the life out of a person.

Debbie, I am glad that your watch just needed charged up. I like the workout you did today. That is great that you can do a little lower body work now. I am somewhat surprised after the shoulder workout did not cause neck issues or traps. It mainly is sore around the front and top of the shoulder today. I even rolled a bit and no sore spots on my trap area and upper back, just my low back. I probably should not have used 20's for the deadlifts and wall squats. I don't know exactly where that came from, but between my knee and trying to stand my low back really hurt this morning. I have had more issues with it since I have started trying to work more on the hip with strength work like the doctor said to do. I think Chris was using 30's for some of the work in that lower body workout.
I liked the shoulder workout and with it slower it is easier to pay attention to form. I did turn the dumbbells with palms toward my head though as arms out and facing forward hurt more on the surgery shoulder.

Doreen, nice work. It does take the heart rate down when they talk and give pointers. Chris does that on her workouts sometimes or chatters and a segment goes on and on longer than it should.
I hope you like your rower.

Good Afternoon,

Cardiology called me an my echocardiogram was normal so now just waiting on heart monitor results. It’s now 70 degrees outside a front is going through.

Checking in with Michelle Briehler 35 min. Full Body Cardio & Strength. Loved it. My body is liking shorter weight workouts lately. I feel realy good.

Jolie, I think Cathe is doing heavier weights. I don't think its compound/metabolic at all. She may do some bonuses that you can mix in, but I think this is going to be the real deal. A pure strength series. We'll see. Not sure if it will be up my alley or not.

Diane, I don't watch that much tv, but I like a good suspense filled show. Chicago PD is another fave of mine. Otherwise I watch older sitcoms.

Global warming my ass. In the 60's the rest of the week. Good walking weather.

Good workouts Ladies!

This morning I did CDorner's 100% Low Impact Cardio that I did a couple weeks back and had a great workout. This one is fun and seems to go by in a flash. She uses 2# dumbbells at the end for some toning moves and it really burns. Some I had to stop early because my shoulders were really burning. Fun workout!

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 362 calories, did 4381 steps and HR was137/157.

My blood pressure has been up lately. Not sure why. Probably because I'm worried about WWIII - Yikes!! We have some crazy people at the helm of our countries right now. Scary crap.

Doreen - Great workout but I hate when instructors talk all the time. CDorner is that way and it drives me crazy. She talks to all her fans on her channel while she's working out. But her workouts are all so good, I try to over look it.

Diane - I want to try some step workouts but still worried about my knees. Great job on your workouts yesterday! I'm glad you aren't in pain from your shoulder workout the other day, that is good news. I can't wait to try all her one body part workouts. Wish she'd get the rest posted already.

Belinda - Good protein shakes are so hard to find that taste good. I will send you the carrot hot dog recipe. If you could PM me your email address, I'll send it that way because I would need to attach it to an email. I'll have to check out FOK's version of it. I don't think I'll sign up for the meal plan again, I never really used it and all the food I kept buying just went bad. I had good intentions, but it never worked out.

Roxie - That is good news about your echo. Mine came back good as well. I have to get them every 2 years and just had one in August. My blood pressure has been up, though. Not sure why?

Cam - LMAO on global warming! So funny!!

Roselyn & Jolie - Hope you are doing well!

Have a great day everyone!

Yesterday was my first rest day for the week. Today I had an excellent workout. I started with an uphill TM walk for 40 minutes, traveled 2.2 miles and burned 366 calories. Next, I did Body Beast Bulk Chest and added ABS and a stretch at the end. Total workout time was 1 hour 24 minutes and I burned 688 calories.

Incline Flys- (could go heavier but not with this shoulder issue)
10's x 15
12's x 12
15's x 8
Super Set
Incline Press-
12's x 15
15's x 12
20's x 8 Drop Set
15's x 8

Chest Press with a rotation- (Forced Set)
15's x 5 and then hold for 5 seconds at the bottom and repeat 4 more times.

Incline Press Progressive set-
12's x 15
15's x 12
20's x 8
20's x 8
15's x 12
12's x 15

Close Grip Press To Flys-
10's x 15
12's x 12
15's x 8

Decline Pushups (I did flat bench chest press due to my shoulder)
15's x 15, x 12, x 8

ABS and Strech

Debbie, great job on the workout! I feel the same way about WW111! These idiots running out country are destroying everything that is American. Anyone that thinks this country is going in the right directions has their head in the sand and is in total denial. I hope STS coming out is all lifting and nothing more. I am with Doreen, I will probably just get On Demand and rent it instead of buying it if there are dvd's, though I do love to use dvds because in my garage the wifi is not good enough for streaming some days.

Doreen, I am so glad you got the rowing machine, they really are not that expensive. If you put it in front of a tv, you will be surprised how long you row for without even noticing. It is a great total body workout and I love it for my Back muscles and legs, it is like doing leg presses every time you push off before you pull with your arms.

Cam, great job on the workout yesterday. I am liking longer workouts right now for whatever reason, I am sure once winter rolls around, I tend to do shorter workouts. Fuck Global Warming and Al Gore!!! Oh, and the squad!!!!!!!!!

Diane, great job on the Step workout! Remember Cathe's high step workouts? I think I may pull some of those out and try them again this fall once I am finished with my rotation. Also, I loved Low Max, but I could never do that workout now with all of my issues.

Roselyn, nice workout!

Have a nice day!

Hi,

Today is a rest day from Caroline's workout schedule. I went for a walk this morning, got socked. It wasn't suppose to rain until later in the day. Surprise!! Luckily, DH just got home from his doc appointment he picked Sadie and me up. Glad he did. I had a rain coat for Sadie. I didn't bring any for myself. I did get in 1.5 miles.

I will do some stretching/yoga later.

Tomorrow I have 3 doctors appointments. I will try to get my workout in early in the morning. I will not be back until later this evening.

Diane - you probably right about taking a break. I been nonstop with my workouts. Since the weather is getting bad in Florida due to the Hurricane we decided not to leave until the end of this month and see what's going on. DH is retired, we can go whenever we want. The hotel has good internet, that's not a problem. I like to pick my own produce. I am very picky.

Debbie - I will sent you my email address. Thanks in advance for sending it. Luckily, DH eats all the left overs from FOK. I learned not to buy too much produce. So far, it's working out. Like I said, my husband is seconds. I will give it another try and this time print the recipes I like. I didn't do it the last time.

That's it for me today. It's raining here.

I did a 25 minute ride on the bike and then a 20 minute bodyweight workout with Hannah Eden - but after I saw the circuit I added weights because it was easy to do so and up the intensity.

I did Michelle Briehler Full Body Birthday Fusion workout. I really liked this. A little bit of everything in an hour. Low impact cardio, weights, body weight, pilates/ floor work. Just what I wanted today. And, no repeat. 49 moves, 45 sec. I am going to do more front leg lifts and inner thigh lifts. She mentions that it helps with knee instability. I neglect that area and need to add it to my regimen.

I will take a 1.5 mile dog walk tonight. I need to bust out tbe sweatshirt and jacket. Bummer. I the 40's tonight. Ugh.

Tomorrow is a rest day. Good workouts everyone!

Today I did CDorner Combat Cardio, 47 minutes, 267 calories, heart rate 138/171, 3,867 steps. This was fun and the music was good 80's type music. I liked that there was plenty of lower body kicks and movement as well as upper. The last combo was balance core moves standing. I followed this with Coffey fit Raw ab finisher using 8# dumbbell and modified a bit to protect my neck, and then finished off with the stretch finisher. This took 27 minutes for stretch and abs, 74 calories, heart rate 92/121, 362 steps. Total time was 74 minutes, 4,229 steps, 341 calories.
Hopefully I am up for Raw Back and Arms tomorrow.

Debbie, nice work on the Low Impact CDorner workout. She does have some workouts once in a while where she is not talking to her followers. I have gotten where I pay little attention to it, but there are some I do all of the time and particular chats she has start to annoy me. Like the talk about driving and not taking the highway and telling Donna she will never ride in the car with her driving ever. In some ways I thought it was a bit rude to say that live. It seems like step workouts she is not so chatty. It seems to throw her off at times. I do like her workouts a lot though. The one today was fun. She put on weighted gloves during two segments and took them back off for more of a lower focused segment with kicks and foot work.
I have a hard time sleeping because I worry too much. I take ashwagandha to help with the stress. It does not help us to worry though. Praying this all changes.
I am always getting this idea that I am going to cook a bunch of stuff, buy to much produce and then I have to throw it out. My husband does not eat it, so it is just me. If I cannot freeze it, it goes to waste. Also, I have plans and then we end up eating out and what I have thawed and ready to put together sits here. In fact, I pulled out a couple of cookbooks and was thinking of things to get when I do my Whole Foods order. I prefer my produce from them for the most part. I get things there I cannot get from Walmart. I cooked salmon and pulled out a kale chopped salad from Walmart that I still had from Sunday dinner and threw out the dressing and crumb topping then put the salmon on top with Primal Kitchen Honey mustard and extra nuts so easy dinner tonight for myself.

Cam, global warming is a joke. Amazes me that they think they can change climate. The more they mess with things the more they mess up what God made that was perfect. Most things those scientists do is get together and if they are unsure, it is really a consensus or agreement that that is what they "think". It is not fact.
Nice work with Michelle Briehler Full Body Strength and Cardio yesterday and todays no repeat full body workout. I like it when I don't have to repeat the same thing. Time moves faster that way.

Jolie, great workout today after coming off of a rest day. You are doing great with Body Beast. I used to use a step with 5 risers and do a premix with Gym Styles where I did the high step leg press segment twice. They were great workouts, and I got a lot of results with them. I used the high step for P90X2 as well. Isn't there some use of a high step or the bench on the cardio workout in Body Beast? That was a tough cardio workout, and I never burned many calories with it. I did follow the full rotation twice though with that cardio and added more cardio to it. I may be mixing up my workouts from memory, but I think I am right. Low Max is fun, and I remember liking the last combo a lot. That was before there was much kickboxing mixed into the workouts.

Belinda, at least you got a walk in. I am sorry that you got soaked. Lucky that your husband came and picked you up. I don't blame you for changing the time you are leaving just in case. My brother lives in Florida and drives a truck hauling stuff. He keeps telling me we need to come and visit. I prefer picking my own produce, but I hate going to Walmart and Whole Foods is quite a long drive. I really was surprised when they delivered here. I am lucky as we are barely in the city and there is only one Whole Foods store. Whole Foods shoppers usually do a pretty good job of picking produce and things are handled and packed well. I buy Kombucha tea in glass bottles from Walmart and there shoppers just throw several in one of those thin plastic bags. I am surprised they make it to the door without falling out the bottom.

Doreen, nice work on the ride and the body weight workout that you added weights to. I have done that with workouts that had bridges and leg lifts where I would add ankle weights or band too as just doing them with no weight seemed too easy.

Today I did Kelly's RAW Strong & Lean and had a great workout. I haven't done this workout since before the pandemic, (is that called BP? LOL!) and it was almost 3 years to day since I've done it. This one is a lot like the Megamix ones I did last week. I know I said I don't care for kettlebell workouts, but for some reason I am enjoying these. Maybe because I'm no in pain right now. My new chair and back pillow I'm using at work seems to be helping a lot.

This is how it went:

10 minute warm-up plus punching drills

Circuit 1
Squats - 30# barbell/10 reps
Kettlebell Hip Swings - 15#/20 reps
Ice Skater/Hops - 30 seconds

Circuit 2
Barbell Curls - 30#/10 reps
Kettlebell Sumo Swings - 15#/20 reps
Mountain Climbers - 30 seconds (I did these with my hands on my step to elevate me a bit)

Circuit 3
Deadlifts - 30#/10 reps
Alternate Kettlebell Swings - 15#/20 reps
Jog/Insole Slaps - 30 seconds

Circuit 4
Barbell Cleans - 30#/10 reps
Kettlebell Figure 8's - 15#/20 reps
Wood Chops - 30 seconds

Circuit 5
Thrusters (Overhead Barbell Press) - 30#/10 reps
Double Arm Kettlebell Swings - 15#/20 reps
3 Punch/Knee Touch Hops - 30 seconds

Circuit 6
Barbell Rows - 30#/10 reps
Alternate Kettlebell Swings - 15#/20 reps
Step Shoot - 30 seconds

Circuit 7
Kickbacks - 10's/10 reps
Double/Alternate/Figure 8 - 15#/20 reps of each - KILLER!
Ski/Jog/Step Shoot - went on for more than 30 seconds

Circuit 8
Deads/High Pulls (Upright row) - 30#/10 reps
Clean & Press - 10's/10 reps

Abs/Glutes
Bridge w/feet on barbell - 20 reps
Bridge w/feet on barbell - 20 fast reps
Situps - 20 reps

Chest:
Wide Grip Bench Press - 30#/20 reps
Close Grip Bench Press - 30#/20 reps

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 315 calories and did 1872 steps. HR was 125/169. Loved this workout, it was a killer.

Jolie - Excellent workout yesterday! You are killing it lately. Hope it's cooling down over there. It was 49 degrees when I woke up this morning here!!! Agreed on everything you said about our country. We are in ruins.

Belinda - I will email you that recipe, don't forget to send me your email. I looked at the FOK recipe and its very similar.

Dorren - Nice job on upping the intensity on the workout you did.

Cam - It was 49 degrees here when I woke up. Very chilly air, fall is definitely here. Michelle is right about doing more inner/outer thigh work for the knee, that is exactly what my PT has told me about my knees.

Diane - I wrote down the workout from Chris that you did yesterday, the Combat Cardio, I will try that one next week. Is it one of her newer releases? Great combo of workouts yesterday, that looked like a fun combo of workouts. Chris does get on my nerves with the talking but her workouts are so good that most of the time I can overlook it. That Donna is strange woman, she always looks drunk to me when she's with Chris doing a workout. I don't get it. That might be why Chris doesn't want to drive with her! LOL!!! When you order from Whole Foods, do you go pick it up or does it get shipped to you? I'd love to shop at their stores but all the ones in my area have closed.

Well all, have a great weekend! So glad it's Friday!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.