Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sept., 2019

Jolie - I am in. That would be fun. Let me know when you want to start. I am on week 3 of Cathe September rotation. Her rotation worked out perfectly until I leave for my vacation. The end of this month I will be in Hawaii :) I will probably get a workout in the hotel gym. Maybe I will take off 2 weeks and just relax with some stretching? Haven't decided what will do :)

Debbie - your workout looks fantastic. I do like standing core workouts.

Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Reactions: WD
PT went well yesterday. I had spent the morning with heat then icing and PT was in the afternoon. They always start with a hot pillow and doing the "tens" with the little tabs stuck on my neck and shoulders. I have the same therapist for the next two weeks that gave me some relief last week. She talked to me and made some adjustments and did some of the stuff she did last visit that really helped. She worked with me with my shoulder posture keeping the shoulder blades together and shoulders down for a couple of the moves. She told me the lying with the foam roller between my shoulder blades is a good thing for me to keep up. I felt much better when I came home. So far today has been pretty good till this afternoon, but I just vacuumed and did some of this housework I am neglecting. No workout yesterday. This morning I just walked on the treadclimber for 30 minutes and burned 162 calories, then did my PT exercises and some lower body stretching. My lower body has been a bit stiff and achy and last night my knee was aching. I need to move some. I have not heard back on the mri results yet. Thanks to all of you I could use prayers.

Jolie, I love Les Mills Combat workouts. They are so much fun. Another favorite as far as getting in some good moves is Susan Chung's Rapid Fire workouts. I honestly think that the shoulder mri was as bad if not worse than childbirth. I have never had something hurt so bad that I was shaking like I was. I wanted to throw up and really thought I might pass out. Normally I can deal with pain pretty well, but that was too much. I really am trying to avoid meds. I think that I have some muscle relaxers from when I hurt my shoulder on the pull up bar when Hammer and Chisel first came out. I don't like the way they make me feel. I am not real anxious for fall weather yet. That usually means lots of rain. Then it is freezing.

Belinda, the thing with the shoulder is that I still have range of motion that indicates it is not torn. I can lift my arm above my head, but there is a point as I go up that the pain hits. Pushing and pulling anything, even bed sheets hurts. I don't get it. I do have extremely tight spots which besides posture issues, I think may be getting extremely tight because of whatever is wrong with my shoulder. The PT can even work some stretches through my neck as she loosens things and down my arm and it really does not hurt the shoulder as she keeps the shoulder in it's place. So where all of the pain is coming from is a mystery. You are getting in some fun workouts.

Debbie, Les Mills Combat is so much fun. The music is great in those workouts, but like Belinda said they are out of print. Les Mills streaming is nice if you wanted to try some out. They run 14.99 a month. You may be able to get a short free trial. I did a month streaming, but they had a special for a month free. I enjoyed it, but a lot of the workouts seemed repetitive, or like they carried some of the same sections as other workouts. There is a wide variety though. Combat, high impact cardio, ones that are more like drills, step which generally contains some strength work, spin workouts, yoga, and barre that was really more ballet type stuff, and some Les Mills Pump type workouts.

Doreen, I have always heard that glute bridges are an excellent exercise. I know Kelly uses them in quite a few of her workouts. I have always liked doing them.

Roselyn, I like the RWH lower body circuit. I also like the upper as it seems to fit in some lower with it.

Good morning,

Gym Styles Back Biceps Shoulders is done.

Diane - I am so sorry for what you are going through (((HUGS))) I hope you get your MRI results soon and they figure out what's wrong with you.

I will be back later. Have a great workout everyone.

Diane Sue, what about having a pinched nerve? That was my back issue and one i got that fixed by my Chiro, my pain went away. IF the pain is so bad that you cant stand it, it usually is a nerve issue. Check into that and see what you find out. Maybe go to a chiropractor, an non for chiro. Not the ones that crack you, no way. My Chiro does DNFT treatment, it is the best but very few chiros do this method. Maybe you can find something like it. My parents go to a chiro that uses the gun and that works really well too!

Thought I'd get us into September. Can't believe summer is over. :(

Today I did Cathe live Awesome Upper Body. I had a great workout. Love this one!!

Giant Set 1
Triceps Dips:
32 reps fast
Standing Overhead Triceps Extensions: 12's - 10/8 reps
Pushups off Step: 16/8 reps
Close Grip Chest Press: 17.5's - 20/16 reps
Chest Flies: 17.5's - 8/10 reps
Close Grip to Chest Flies: 17.5's - 4 sets
One Arm Triceps Pushups: 16 reps each side (I did regular triceps pushups)
Repeat

Giant Set 2
Standing Overhead Press:
12.5's - 8 reps (but using 1.5 lifts)
Lateral Raise: 5's - 12 reps
Iron Cross: 5's - 8/6 reps
Rear Flies: 5's - 12 reps using 1.5 lifts
Upright Row: 12's - 16 reps
Repeat

Giant Set 3
Pullover:
30# - 8 reps (1.5 method)
One Arm Fly: 12# - 12 reps
One Arm Row: 22.5# - 12/16 reps
(the fly/row were put together on one side then the other, 2nd time exercises were switched)
Dumbbell Curls: 15's - 8 reps
Crazy Eights: 10's
W Curls: 10's - 8 reps
Reverse Curls: 10's - 16 reps
Repeat

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 365 calories and HR was 159/202. Did 1165 steps.

Also got on my treadmill for the last 15 minutes that I had left and did .54 miles, burned 67 more calories and did 1324 steps.

Be back later for personals. Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend!
Definitely going to be giving this bad boy a go!!

I did a really old spinning DVD this morning. So funny to see how much spinning classes have changed.

No workout for me today as I had to be at work at the butt crack of dawn.

If I don't have all my steps in by this evening, I will walk on my treadmill a bit.

Be back later for personals!!

Woo Woo! Boy did i have an excellent kick butt workout today, digging out Tony Horton's One on One Diamond Delts! Now i know why he calls it Diamond Delts, cause your Delts are so pumped by the end of of the workout and you can definitely see the diamond :) This workout was 45 minutes with the warm up and I burned 301 calories. You are lifting pretty heavy and doing lower reps so you get about a 1 minute break between sets. The workout is in a Giant Set format, 3 of them and they are repeated 2 times each. Each set is to failure but Tony wants you to hit between 8 and 12 reps. I however, went over in some exercises which tells me i have to go heavier next time. My shoulders are fried!

Giant Set #1
Seated Arnold Press (Tony does Pike Presses and i cant do those anymore)
15's x 16, x 12, x 14

Seated Overhead Military Press( roatating palms in at the top)
20's x 12, x 12, x 10

Standing lat raise to front raise back to lateral raise
8's x 9 Too hard
5's x 12

Giant Set #2
Seated Lat raise to rear flies
10's x 12, x 10

Rear Flies Pinkies to the sky
8's x 12, x 12

Seated Military Press
20's x 14, x 12

Giant Set #3
Deep Arnold Press ( half bicep curl to an Arnold Press)
15's x 16, x 12

Upright Rows to Wide Press

12's x 14, x 14

Laying on your side rear raise with bent arm ( Cathe did these in STS
)
8's x 13, x 13

I loved this workout. When i was doing these workouts about 10 years ago, i was so ripped and strong. I cant wait to do another one!

Debbie, enjoy your rest day!

Belinda, i loved the Tony Horton workout this morning! I have a lot of these workouts but i know i didnt buy all of them, i wish i had. Great job on the workout today!

Doreen, nice spin workout today. Dont you just love how everything evolves! How about the workout outfits! I like the older stuff better than the newer workouts for whatever reason. I think because the newer ones have so many compound moves and i dont like those that much :(

Tracey, enjoy your Cathe Live Awesome Upper Body workout! It's a goodie. :)

Roselyn, how is school going. I bet you are a pro by now! I was the fast perm roller in the school back in the day. :) Do you still have to do finger waves and shampoo and sets? :(

Diane Sue, i hope you are feeling better today.

Enjoy your day.

Good morning,

RWH Low Impact HiiT Two plus Bonus Abs 2 is done.

Boy it;s getting cold outside. Had to turn the heater on this morning. It was only 40 this morning.

Jolie - I like Tony too. Do you have P90X3? Great job yesterday.

Debbie - sorry you had to go to work at the crack of dawn.

Have a great Friday everyone,

Today I did a fun Cathe live workout that I wrote the exercises down but never did before. I loved it. It's Upper Body w/ Core Express #139 although it really wasn't much of an express workout. But I had enough time to do it all and then get on my Max Trainer for a 4 minute workout.

I will come back and type in the exercises - I don't have time right now. It was a great workout.

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 377 calories and HR was 146/179.

Did write down the Max Trainer stats since it was only 5 minutes total. It was fun.

Be back later!

No workout today, i am going to the Chiro for my checkup and i am going to have him cold laser my face to get rid of this head cold before i go on vacation, and i have errands to do, its my youngest sons 18th bday tomorrow!

I was looking up Tony Horton workouts on line last night and i was wondering why he hadn't come out with any new workouts in a while. He almost died! He had such a severe case of Shingles that effected the nerves in his face he was in the hospital for a long time. He lost over 25 pounds and looks like a totally different person. He is fighting his way back but it is unbelievable to see someone that was in such good shape look the way he does in his progress pictures. Really sad, i hope he makes a full recovery.

BBL to read your posts.

Wow...I had not heard that about Tony. I just figure they eventually retire or get ousted by the newer trainers.

I think I am gradually getting better. Not much sleep last night though. Yesterday I just went to Physical Therapy. She gave me some new exercises to do with the bands and handles. Shoulder did pretty well till late afternoon after I did some house work. I did take breaks between tasks though. I woke too early and my arm and neck was hurting. I think I may have laid on it. This morning I did YouTube Jessica Smith low impact cardio 12 minutes and went straight to Lower body Circuit 12 minutes, then did my PT exercises and stretching. This took 90 minutes 231 calories according to Fit Bit. I am still waiting to hear back from the doctor. I read what the doctor has put in the Health Portal. No tears or anything out of place. It looks like mostly arthritis related. There is some severe and moderate right and severe left neural narrowing at C5 and C6. The doctor made a note on that he wanted to have an outside consultation on some inflammatory thing (you can tell I don't know half what they are saying) as he was unsure if it was part of inflammatory arthritis. I am either coming down with a virus or my allergies are out full force. My eyes are so watery and irritated, throat scratchy :(

Jolie, that is sad news about Tony. He is so into the nutrition and health and has helped a lot of other people. I watched an interview with him and Dr Axe last week on YouTube. I watch youtube when I am doing those boring PT exercises.

Debbie, I have done that workout and really liked it.

Belinda, good job with RWH low impact #2.

Roselyn, I have always liked the Pyramid workouts. Love the Upper Body, it is the one of the best.

Doreen, I have some older spinning workouts and they really have gotten creative since then.

Got an email from Cathe she is starting to sell all her Live workouts. Here is a free one you can download. Enjoy!

Belinda,

My favorite live workouts that i can think of right now are:

Vertical Loading
PHA and of them but the first one is my favorite.
Awesome Upper Body
The BAll workouts with Weights, i only use a bench, Upper Body with Ball #52 and Upper Body Challenge with Ball, #136
Warrior Kickboxing
High intensity Aerobic Weight Training
Better Body Bootcamp
Pumped Upper Body
Strong Upper Body and Core
We're Talking Legs
Total Body Giant Sets
Glassboro Roadtrip
lower Body Upper Body DB Challenge
Upper Body Core Crush
Buff Upper Body

I know that is a lot but she has so many workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.